Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 06

Story Info
Jesse breaks things up for fun, or is it spite?
3.1k words
4.56
19.5k
6

Part 6 of the 21 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 02/23/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers

It had been the most beautiful dream. It started with waking up in what appeared to be an afternoon. The sun was low, but it was on the other side of the earth. She didn't recognize the house, but it was definitely quiet and safe. She walked through the house and opened every window to the salty air. She couldn't hear an ocean, but she knew it was there. Somehow, she knew that there were no obligations to meet except for her immediate ones. There were no papers due. Jesse wouldn't jump out and pretend to be her conscience in this dream. It was a peaceful vacation. Vacation. She wasn't alone. She walked toward the front door. Though she'd passed by it recently, it suddenly seemed a lot bigger. She turned the enormous knob and rushed out to an expansive deck. The sky was blue by now, but she could still make out people walking up toward the house. She didn't want to see them. She wanted to stay alone in her house by the sea. She turned around to run back in and slam the door on the intruders, but Daniel blocked the way. He took her hand and moved her inside...

*****

Joanne turned over to snuggle deeper under the covers. She smiled at the darkness, because that meant that it was still early in the morning. Early in the morning meant that she could sleep a lot longer. She breathed into her pillow and pulled it farther over her head. 'What's that smell? Somebody other than me has been in my bed.' She sat up in bed. 'Shit!' She let out a high pitched shriek.

Joanne looked around Dan's room for a moment before she realized where she was. There was no one else to see what she'd done, but she pulled the blanket up to her chin anyway. She looked over to the small clock on his bureau. '12:30pm!'

She jumped up and rushed for her clothes. A note slipped to the floor. She snatched it up because she saw her name on it.

Joanne, I know you'll be mad, but I couldn't bring myself to wake you. Don't worry. I have your classes covered until 2pm. I'll meet you at your place with the notes. Don't worry about Pop. He's harmless. I told him to treat you nice, or else. You can go out through the door in the kitchen, if you don't feel like dealing with the crowd in the front. Daniel

She dressed and slowly explored her way back to the stairway that led to the downstairs kitchen. The house was brighter than she would have thought. The furniture was light in color and there were paintings and photographs everywhere. She noticed a second stairway leading up to another story, but she wanted out. When she opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and slipped through to the work kitchen, the people were too busy to notice her. She nodded to herself and spotted the door Daniel had mentioned. She had her hand on the pushbar, when David bellowed, "Young lady!"

She turned around to meet his thorough gaze.

"Here," he looked down at the floor as he offered her a little white bag. "A cinnamon roll. Daniel's favorite. We wouldn't want you to go from a restaurant hungry."

She felt the workers' silence. He'd been just loud enough to let every one know that he disapproved. She blushed as she held up her hand to fend off the offer.

"No, thank you. I'm late as it is," she softly said as she pushed her way out into the bright cold afternoon.

"Suit yourself."

'I know how it looked to those guys. I don't know if I'll be able to go back in there. Maybe, that was the point of that...gesture he just did.'

She rushed into her next class just after the chime sounded. She didn't want to go to the front. Dr. Samuels seemed to be in a particularly testy mood. She slid into a seat all the way in the back of the room in the hopes that she would blend in. She managed to get through half of the lecture. 'Just another 30 minutes or so, and I'll meet Dan.'

"Miss Croix! What are you doing up there? Get down here in your usual seat, where you belong."

'He picked today to remember my name?'

"Yes, I'm talking to you. You'll distract me if you're not where you should be."

She gathered her things and looked back at her classmates as they muttered about her. The rest of the period didn't want to stay in her mind, but it was a review. Between the snickers when the professor glanced over at her and Daniel drifting through her mind, she wasn't making much of an effort to pay attention to the content. She could just review on her own. The chime for the end of the lecture sounded, and Dr. Samuels was bombarded by a group of people with questions. This was her chance to make a break for it.

"Croix," his voiced raised over the questioning students. "Stay put. I'm not done with you."

She sat back down and clutched her backpack to her chest. 'This can't be good.'

"I have a question for you," he said as he gestured for her to follow him out of the room.

She nodded her acknowledgement of his words.

"Why is it that one of my best students came in late to class with the same thing she had on yesterday?" He paused to look into her surprised eyes. "Yes, I notice what you wear. So do other people. One of which came in this morning looking like he'd been hit by a truck."

Joanne looked down at the strap to her backpack and tugged it over her shoulder. "I don't understand, sir."

"Care to explain to me why one of my grad students looks more like a boxer than an academic?"

'Grad students?'

Dr. Samuels nodded his head toward his office and kept walking. "I can only assume that you and Daniel have come to some sort of understanding, finally. He's been quite the distraction. I had an idea that he was taken with you when he volunteered to take part of your shift. I've pulled that trick for years. He's never done that before. Not even when he was in the class himself. You should be flattered to know that. So," he laughed as he opened his door. "Was he defending your honor?"

She frowned, "I wouldn't call it that..."

"Of course, he was. You don't lie very well. Neither does he. When I spoke to him earlier, he nearly admitted that the fight was over a woman. I gave him an out, because I know him so well. I will give you a pass as well, because you're such a quiet person." He raised his hand in signal for silence before she could say anything. "Be on time for my class next time. Nothing is more important than your education. Not even Mr. Langier."

*

Jo walked so fast toward her apartment. She knew she would trip any second and decided it would be better at home away from public scrutiny.

'A TA?' "Shit!" 'Stop swearing, Joanne. Well at least we didn't do anything. You can drop him before he gets into trouble. Will this affect my grade? Did he slip me hints on the exam? I should have paid better attention during that first few days. What am I gonna do, now? Why didn't he say something? I don't know how he got me into this. HE? I got me into this all by myself. Way to pick 'em, Jo. He doesn't fit our list, right?'

When she turned the final corner, she saw him sitting on the stoop with one foot on the sidewalk and the other on the second step. His back was against the railing, and he was concentrating on a piece of paper he held lightly in his fingers. The wind fluttered through his hair, and he shook a few errant strands from his cheek.

'He's tall. He wouldn't be sitting like that if he wasn't. Damn, he's fine. He doesn't even know how fine he is just doing nothing. That's why you haven't been as rude as you should be. So what! He's good looking. He's smart. He's tall. He tastes good... Stop it, right now, Joanne. Get a grip. He's bad news. Curb him!'

At that moment, he looked up and noticed her. He rolled up to stand and gave her that strange smile he always seemed to give. She lost her train of thought.

"Hi, how was class," he continued to smile around an angry looking bruise that swelled his lower lip.

"I'm not sure. You tell me," she touched his cheek just shy of the bruise.

"It's not as bad as it looks. Just wait a few days, if you can't stand how it looks. Oh, you probably freaked out a bit when you figured out what time it was."

She nodded at him and narrowed her eyes.

"And, I'd do it again. You were so peaceful. Oh," he dug in his bag and handed her a stack of loose leaf pages. "Here are the notes I promised."

She took them from him with a nod and walked up the steps. He followed without hesitation. "I should get you some ice for that," she said over her shoulder.

"I told you, I'm fine. Besides, Dr. S says it makes me look more masculine."

"What else did he say," she tried to be casual when she got her keys out in front of the door.

"He said it suited me. It's not everyday he has a story."

"Like a TA dating a student?"

"Well, yeah, but I doubt if he'd put it that way."

"What way would you put it, Daniel?"

"I'm not sure." He blinked at her in understanding. She wanted an explanation, but was still listening. He rolled his shoulders and lowered his head to her level. "What was I supposed to do? I could have said something like, 'Hey Jo, I'm a TA. Use me for grades,' but you would have immediately stopped the conversation, wouldn't you?"

'He's right.' She moved back so that he could come into the apartment behind her. "Yeah, but you lied..."

"If I hadn't, you wouldn't have given me what small of shot you gave me. I'm not your TA. I don't grade your homework or exams. Even if I did, I'd have asked you out anyway," he purred at her as he moved the door closed and leaned in for a kiss. "I'd have done anything for you."

"Oh, will you shut up!" Jesse stood in their path with her arms crossed over her ample chest. She looked at Daniel and over Joanne's wrinkled clothes.

"Where were you when I got back? I was worried."

Daniel raised up to his full height and frowned, "Oh, so, now you're her mother?"

"I wasn't talking to you. Gary must have knocked what sense you had out of your head."

Dan wanted to say something but just smiled spitefully at the little woman. He had her. There was nothing Jesse could do about it.

"Dan, why don't you go sit done on the couch. I got this," she smiled up at him.

'Anything for you.' He gave Jesse a wide berth and sat down.

Jesse dragged Jo around the half-wall and into the kitchen.

"You know I was at Dan's place. You could have called, if you were worried."

Jesse looked into Joanne's eyes and frowned. "Why would I want to do that? I've gone without my coffee all day. You could have at least left instructions on how to work that thing."

There was an awkward silence as Jo put a few scoops of ground coffee into the machine, filled it with water from the tap, and made a grand gesture of turning the switch to on. "That's all you had to do."

"How was it," she quietly asked.

Jo knew the question would come, but hadn't prepared an answer yet.

"That good, huh? Well, get over it, and curb him. There is no sex worth his aggravation..."

"We didn't have sex," Jo laughed nervously.

"What? Look, stop drawing this out. He's not the kind of guy we discussed. He's not even on the list."

"Maybe, he is..."

"Does he look like a sophisticated, fine brother with his act together?"

"Look, the only thing he doesn't fit was the black part. I'm willing to overlook it..."

"Stop shitting me! You can't be serious. After all of the fine fuckin brothers you've turned down, you want this....this..."

"Jess, your language."

"Fuck that! You don't know shit about this boy. Gary is a good man. You can trust Gary."

"I trust Dan!"

Jo knew it had been the wrong thing to say before she was done. Jesse pulled in a deep breath and twitched.

'Not good!'

She lowered her voice to a growl. "Oh, you trust him, huh?" A grimace crossed her face as she shook her head. "Girl, please!"

She walked casually over to Dan and dropped herself down close to him. He moved over.

"So, Daniel. Did you tell her?"

"Tell her?" Dan looked from Jesse to Jo.

"Your boy here is a player, girl. Aren't you, big man. Mr. Innocent with the freaky flip side."

"I don't know what..."

"Of course, you know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Candy. Remember her?"

"I haven't been with Candy for over two years. Jo knows about it, if that's the bombshell you want to drop," he grumbled as he folded his arms over his chest and tried to look at the television.

"Oh, you know about Hot Chocolate already. How'd he spin it?"

"Candy, that's his ex-girlfriend. What else is there to know?"

"His ex-girlfriend? Try fiancé! Try knocked up fiancé that he left at the damn alter!"

Joanne looked at the side of Daniel's head, because he didn't turn to look at her.

"Is it true?" 'Please, Danny! Just say no.'

"Shit yeah, it's true. Isn't it, Mr. Hot Chocolate. Tell her a lie. Go ahead. She wasn't pregnant, was she? She sure as hell was. She wasn't your fiancé? I've got an invitation in my dresser that would shoot that one down. What about the strippers? Oh, you didn't tell her about the strippers?"

"Strippers," Jo said to the side of his head.

"Your boy forced her into sex with two other girls. You see, he can't just have one girl. What do you do with three women? You've only got one dick."

"It's not like that," Daniel tried to make himself sound convincing, but it came out wrong. It had been like that, once. It wasn't like that now. He couldn't look in Jo's direction, because he knew the look she would have on her face.

"It's not like that? Then why did I see you all over Candy a few nights ago? You weren't shoving her away. What? It was a club. You thought you' wouldn't get caught?"

Joanne bumped into the counter. She'd been backing away from the situation. She turned and concentrated on the dishes in the sink. 'This can not be happening. He's not like that. All of those things we talked about...'

"Are you happy, now," Dan growled at Jesse.

"I'm ecstatic! See that? You should have taken your chance last night. My Jo's a good girl. She doesn't want anything to do with you. Get your freak ass off of my couch."

"Why did you have to do that?"

"If you'd told the truth in the first place, there'd be nothing to do, and she wouldn't've given you the time of day. Go on back to Candy now."

"I'm not with Candy..."

The little woman scrunched up her face and hissed, "It don't matter! You definitely ain't with Jo! I'm makin sure of that!"

Dan stood up and walked over to Joanne. "Jo," he tried to get through to her, "If I really was like that, why would I be here?"

"She doesn't need to hear your bullshit. You wouldn't be here if she'd gave it up like you'd expected."

"Shut up. This is between Jo and me. She should know," he snapped at Jesse. This was all Jesse's fault. The bitch was working against him from the minute he'd shown an interest. That wasn't true. Jesse had been correct in saying that this wouldn't have happened if he had just told her everything. Hell, they'd had plenty of time during those early morning chats. She'd told him practically everything. Why couldn't he?

"I'm sorry," he breathed. "I should have told you more about Candy..."

"See, Jo! He admitted it." Jesse slid in between them and put her arm around Jo.

"Damn it! Why don't you mind your own business!"

"Boy, I know you're not steppin to me! You gonna hit women, too?"

"I would never do anything like that!"

"How would I know? You're the one that's been shady!"

"Please!" Joanne broke up the argument with the one word. She moved out of the kitchen and looked around for something to do. She would settle for anything not to acknowledge the two people looking at her. She straightened some pillows on the couch and walked deliberately for her bedroom. 'No, I didn't make another bad choice. We're not together. I didn't do anything wrong this time. He'll tell me he didn't do anything wrong whether he did or not,' her mind raced as she flung herself onto her bed.

"Jo," she heard Jesse speaking, "Isn't in the mood for your nonsense. Just take yourself out of the picture."

"This isn't over. I don't see why she puts up with you. If she knew what you were really like, she wouldn't..."

"She knows what I did to you. I told her everything. I didn't tell her how you got all hard in my hands, though. I thought we'd keep that between us. Candy might like to hear about it, though."

"Why do you have to twist things? I'm not with Candy. I don't want anything to do with either of you! You're both a couple of filthy whores any way!"

Jo heard Jesse suck on her teeth. "That's what you think of Jo's best friend, huh? And you wonder why I'm against you."

Dan's voice was far away. "I'm gonna get her by herself, and we'll see what happens."

"Don't count on it," Jesse sounded like she was at the door. "Punk bitch!"

The door slammed with the force reverberating through the thin walls.

Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers