Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers

"Wouldn't that just make him want to kick your ass?"

Dan looked around and found a cordless phone. "Dial the number and I'll talk."

Joanne took the phone from him and tried to convey her confusion.

"Go on. Dial that number. You don't want him coming on our honeymoon."

"Dan..."

"I'm not talking crazy. I'll just do enough to back him off," he gave her a wink.

She dialed the number and handed him the phone. He beckoned for her to come and listen. When she did, she was surprised by his strength as he pulled her in close with his free hand.

- -I figured you'd be callin' back...- -

"Look, Gary. We can play cat and mouse for the next couple days, or you can shut up and listen."

- - Piano guy?- -

"Leave her alone. Don't call. Don't drop by her apartment. Don't run into her on the street. This relationship is over. If I even think you're looking at her funny... Oh no, that's something you'd say," Dan laughed as he looked directly into Joanne's eyes. She felt his fingers trace patterns on her abdomen as he spoke. She cautiously moved her hands around his waist. "Forgive me. I want you to know that I'm not doing this because she hates you. And she does. I'm doing this because you're in the way. You've been in the way for the past two months, and I can't take it anymore. I'm sure this started out as some sorta pride thing, but it's not about that for me. It never was. Okay?"

There was a silence on the line.

"Let me ask you a question. Why do you want her?"

- -That's none of your damn business.- -

Dan's fingers moved down to her thigh. "Well, I'll tell you why I want her, and maybe you'll get that there's a difference."

Joanne looked away from him as she listened to Gary's anger. - -It don't matter what you want. She belongs with me.- -

"You know, that's exactly what Jerry said," Daniel mused for Jo's benefit. She looked up at him and saw those slate eyes focused on her. 'What is he going to say?'

- -Jerry?- -

"Jeremy Carter. Went to school with me. Great piano player. It doesn't matter, now. You didn't want to find out from her, so you're not intereted. Are you gonna leave her alone, because she told you to?"

- -Look, white boy, she doesn't know what she wants right now. She's so confused, she's with you.- -

"Yeah, she's with me, finally. It took her a while to come around, and I have you and Jesse to thank for that."

- -Fuck you!- -

"Look, do we have an understanding, or do I have to keep an eye out for you?"

There was another silence.

"Please, Gary."

There was a loud click.

Dan looked at the phone, "He hung up on me." He dropped the phone to the couch cushions and put his other arm around her. "I understand what you meant."

"Well," she softly replied more to his cheek than to his ear, "I told you he didn't listen."

"I know, baby," he murmured as he took a deep inhale of her hair. "Let's not think about him, right now."

'That word again. Baby. Did he decide that's what he'll call me? Am I okay with that?'

She shivered as his breath tickled her earlobe, "I'd rather think about sleep. Let's go to bed. I'm tired."

She felt his lips against her ear and his warm body against her. Her skin burned where his hands tighten her shirt against her body. She braced herself in his arms as he moved her toward the hall. "Let's sleep together."

"But, my bed's not big enough for that..."

"Who said anything about me in your bed?" He raised an eyebrow, "Well, how about we talk about that tomorrow. It's the same arrangement as before. I'll take the floor, if you have some blankets."

Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers
12