Girls Night Out

Story Info
Who's up for ladies night?
4.4k words
3.72
3.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wordmate
Wordmate
101 Followers

It started out on a crisp, breezy evening. Three women, friends since high school, would do anything for each other no matter the consequences. In this small group were Tracey, the kind doctor, Rochelle, the tough as nails cop, and Linda, owner of the finest bistro in town. For these fine women, night time was always fun time.

The three of them started the evening at the local bowling alley rather than the clubs and bars they usually go to. Tonight, Linda was on a roll after bowling three strikes in a row and ahead on points. During that time they waited on the arrival of the one remaining member of their group, who already was several minutes late.

"It's my night, ladies," said Linda, enjoying the streak she had going. "No one's stopping me now."

"You enjoy yourself too much," said Rochelle. "Wait, do you smell that? Do you smell that particular odor nearby?"

"What smell? What are you babbling about this time?"

"Don't you smell it? It's right here in front of me. You know what that is? That's your ego clogging up my nostrils."

"You're very funny, and for your information this is not about ego. This is about greatness. About being number one and crowned queen of the bowling alley. Who is it you ask? Why it's me of course."

"If you're so great why didn't you go pro? Can you explain your little fairy tale on why you couldn't do it? I don't think anybody else heard you, so can you please repeat yourself and remind us normal folk why you didn't go pro."

"Because I didn't feel like going pro that's why. Why is that so hard to understand, Rochelle?"

Linda had thought of going pro once. The idea of being on television, winning trophies, and being famous was tempting. She soon dropped the idea making the decision to stay put to be close to her friends and family.

"You didn't want to be on TV," said Rochelle. "You have stage fright. Always have since that play we did back in school."

"That's not it," said Linda. "I didn't want to break your feelings if I found new friends to play with during the tour. Where's the fun in that?"

"Get out of my way, and I'll show you real fun. I want you to pay very close attention to what I'm going to do."

"Okay, I'm listening. I hope it's not another one of your boring speeches because it's too early for bedtime. I wanna beat you before I get any shuteye."

"Oh, it ain't no speech, I'm telling it like it is. Tonight, is where we separate the women from the girls."

"Oh, by all means show us your incredible and witty talent. I bet you five dollars you'll miss."

"Yeah, be ready to pay me."

Linda easily lost the bet once Rochelle bowled herself a strike. Tracey, on the other hand, paid more attention to her watch than she did her own friends' bickering. From time to time she would look towards the entrance way, waiting on a familiar face to join in on the action.

"Lucky," said Linda, hesitant to hand over her five dollars. "That was a very lucky shot."

"Lucky shot my ass," said Rochelle. "I knew it was going to happen."

"Oh, you knew it was going to happen? What are you, psychic?"

"That's right, girl, I can feel the energy all around me. Even Tracey can feel it a mile away."

"And I'm the one with the big ego? Do you even believe the words coming out of your mouth right now?"

"Just give me my money and shut up. Hey, Tracey you want to bet five dollars on me next?"

Tracey was in her own little world, staring at that watch she got for her birthday, seeing the time slip by one minute after another. It was Linda's idea to go bowling, but Tracey's heart just wasn't in it. She had other things on her mind that were more important than bowling or any other activity, and that was the well being of her friend.

"Earth to Tracey," said Linda, grabbing her attention. "What's wrong, sweetie? You haven't said much since we got here. You're supposed to be playing, too. That's why you were invited here in the first place."

"I'm sorry," she said. "Look, don't mind me. Why don't the both of you continue playing without me?"

"That's not an option. We came here together and we're going to play together. No exceptions. No bullshit."

"What idiot said that?"

"You did."

Tracey's attention was caught off guard after that little insult. She now remembered saying those exact words, even though it was ages ago since she last used them. Back then it was her way of saying, "all for one and one for all"; they were anything but The Three Musketeers.

"It's like this," said Rochelle, "either you stop looking at that damn watch or I'll take it off your wrist, and drop it in the nearest shit hole."

"She'll do it, too," said Linda. "You know how crazy Rochelle can get. Be grateful she didn't bring her taser."

"I'm the one going crazy," said Tracey. "I've been sitting here waiting and wondering if she's going to show up or not. Where the hell is she?"

"You did remember to invite her, right?"

"Yeah, I did. I told her where to meet and what time. How hard is that?"

"Has she ever turned down an invitation to go bowling? After all these years has she ever said no to you?"

"No, she never misses a game. Even on a rainy night she would show up, sometimes without her umbrella."

"So, she's a few minutes late," said Rochelle, trying her best to comfort her friend. "Big deal. Maybe she's stuck in traffic."

"I hope so."

"You hope she's stuck in traffic?"

"You know what I mean," Tracey said, almost raising her voice. "Sorry. I'm a little on edge lately. The fact that she's still with that...man, gets on my nerves. "

"Tracey," said Linda, "you know how she is. She won't listen to us no matter what we tell her. The police can't do nothing about it, and that prick is going to one day send her to the grave."

They were all referring to the remaining member of their illustrious group, named Samantha. A dark cloud came upon their lives when Samantha began a relationship with an abusive alcoholic and drug addict named Doug. He'd use her body for target practice, unleashing his fury upon her everyday while on his drunken tirades. Samantha made poor excuses over the cuts and bruises she received, telling her friends Doug didn't mean the things he did.

Samantha, deeply depressed one day attempted to kill herself using Doug's car; the one thing he loved more than life itself. Samantha went through a head on collision with a big rig truck, suffering a concussion and a broken arm, spending the next three days in a coma. Doug came to the hospital one day, screaming at her for ruining his pride and joy while she remained comatose. Right out loud he told her he would kill her and make her pay after she woke up. Tracey, who was Sam's doctor at the time came to check on her when she caught him in the act. Immediately, she contacted security and Doug left without further incident.

Tracey had been more concerned for Samantha's safety ever since. Out of desperation she called the cops herself, unfortunately, very little was done. All Samantha did was tell the officers it was all a big misunderstanding. Tracey had grown fed up tending to Sam that she thought of ending their long time friendship unless something was done. Earlier on, Tracey gave Sam a call to come bowl with her and the girls. Samantha politely said yes to the invitation, promising her she would show up. Fifteen minutes had passed and not a sign of her.

Tracey took her bowling ball out of her bag, rolling it onto the smooth and polished lane. In her first attempt she missed every bowling pin lined up. Tracey didn't care if her bowling skills were poor tonight. As long as she continued being the worry wart bowling was the least of her problems.

"That was pitiful," said Linda, "and to think you used to be great at this."

"Sorry," said Tracey, "I guess I'm a bit rusty."

"Rusty?" Rochelle said. "Girl, that wasn't rusty that was sloppy. You're not even trying to make a shot."

Tracey didn't want to upset her friends on bowling night; last thing she wanted to do was spoil their fun.

"Come on, Sam," she said. "Where the hell are you?"

"She's going to be here," said Linda, "I promise you. Maybe she forgot something and went back to get it."

"Then she should have been here by now. I swear if Doug did something to her, I'll confront him myself with a bat."

"Doug is not that stupid. He wouldn't risk killing her and getting locked up for the rest of his life."

"I don't think he cares about prison. He's been in and out so many times he might as well make it his new home. He refuses to go to rehab because he believes it's for pussies only."

"You want my advice? Call her. Call her up right now and find out where she is."

"Not a bad idea. I will do just that, and if she doesn't answer her phone I'm going out there to look for her."

Tracey pulled out her phone, quickly contacting her dear friend. The phone rang twice then two more times, until finally a friendly and familiar voice responded on the other end.

"Yes?" Samantha answered. "Sammy's bar and grill. How may I take your order, sir or madame?"

"Sam," said Tracey, nearly breaking into laughter. Just listening to her voice made Tracey feel better. "Where are you? We've been worried sick about you."

"I'm pulling up as we speak."

"You're right outside?"

"Yes, I am. I told you I'd be here."

"You're a bit late, my friend. We've been waiting here all night and thought something might have happened to you."

"I'm sorry, I was running some errands and I almost forgot we have a date. I'll be in as soon as I find a spot and then I have some good news to share with you."

"What, did you win the lottery?"

"I'll tell you about it inside."

Linda and Rochelle watched Tracey pace back and forth, her phone pressed against her ear, listening to every word Samantha had to say. They wished they could hear the conversation had Tracey placed her phone on speaker. The fact remained that Tracey and Samantha were very close; almost like sisters.

"See you in a few," said Sam.

"We'll be waiting," said Tracey.

Tracey tucked her phone away, kept to herself, and left the other two in suspense. In reality Tracey was teasing them; Linda especially, hated that.

"Well?" Linda asked. "What happened? Is she all right? Come on, don't keep us guessing."

"As far as I know," said Tracey, "she sounds fine. Then she told me she has some good news to share with us."

"What good news is that?"

"She wouldn't say. All she said she'll tell us once she comes in."

They waited patiently for Samantha's arrival. Tracey was more anxious to know about the good news her friend wanted to share. On the phone Samantha didn't sound neither sad nor upset in any way. Whether it was a good sign or not the others would soon learn in a matter of minutes. When she finally arrived she came all prepared with her bowling shoes and bag in hands.

"Good evening, ladies," she said, "sorry to keep you all waiting. I must have lost track of time."

Tracey was the only one to rush into Sam's arms, giving her a big hug that lasted almost a minute. After giving her some breathing room, Tracey allowed Sam to share the good news she had promised to tell.

"I'm glad you're here," said Tracey. "We've been so worried about you."

"Tracey was worried about you," said Linda. "She couldn't shut up about it while the rest of us were trying to have some fun."

"Linda," said Rochelle, "give it a rest and leave the poor girl alone."

"Well, she was driving us crazy. She thought Doug might have thrown you out the window or something."

"I never said that," said Tracey. "When did I ever say that? Don't start putting your words in my mouth again."

"All right, ladies," said Samantha, breaking up the commotion. "Let's all take a deep breath and focus. I'm here aren't I? So can we please change the subject so I can talk?"

"Yes," said Tracey. "I believe you have some good news to share with us. So please tell us what it is."

Samantha took one deep breath and said, "Doug and I split up."

It hit them all like a bolt of lightning. It was the best news they'd heard all evening. Tracey seemed skeptical at first, but needed to know for sure if the facts were indeed fact or fiction. Linda and Rochelle were just happy and seemed overjoyed with what they heard.

"Congratulations," said Rochelle. "It took you long enough to finally take out that trash. Any longer and your place would have looked like a crack house."

"It's about time," said Linda. "You know Tracey wanted to pay Doug a visit with a bat in her hands? Doctor death here was ready to get up to the plate and hit a grand slam on his thick skull."

"Are you serious?" Tracey asked, wanting to hear it straight from her friend's mouth. "It's finally over? I mean really over?"

"You heard correctly," said Samantha. "I am finally free of that son of a bitch. This girl is no one's punching bag anymore."

"I don't believe it. I don't know what to say."

Tracey went back to hugging Samantha even harder than before and ready to shed some tears.

"I owe it all to you," said Sam. "Thank you so much. Thank you for knocking some sense into me. For as long as I live I will never forget it."

"What are friends for?" Said Tracey.

Samantha looked ready to shed some tears herself. The love and support from her dear friends was nothing short of amazing.

"Well," said Sam, "that's enough about me. Let's get to work here, shall we? So, who's winning this contest anyway?"

"I-I don't know", said Tracey.

"You don't know?" Samantha could only the guess the reason, the real reason why she didn't know. "You were looking at your watch again, weren't you?"

"Is it that obvious?" Tracey answered, feeling embarrassed. "Do I have it written on my face or something?"

"You can relax now. I'm here so let's get our balls together and play."

They went back to the game where Linda's perfect streak had ended in frustration. Suddenly, Rochelle had her own little hot streak going, determined to keep it that way just to spite Linda. Samantha couldn't get enough of seeing the two go at it every time they all got together.

"I guess it'll be my turn soon," said Samantha, getting herself ready. "I hope you ladies don't get upset when I mop the floor with you."

"Not me you ain't," said Rochelle. "I'm the one who's doing all the mopping. Isn't that right, Linda?"

"Don't listen to her," said Linda, "she's just exaggerating like all she knows how to do. I should warn you though, she has psychic abilities. She can predict the future now. I bet you didn't know that."

"Pay no attention to her. The poor girl is mad because she lost five dollars tonight. I have Abe in my little pocket."

"Whatever."

Since Sam's arrival Tracey's heart was back in the game, this time hitting the pins instead of carelessly missing them. In her second attempt she missed a strike, but the excitement was enough to fill her already good mood, especially now that the group was complete and all smiles.

"Sam," said Tracey, "give me all the details and don't leave anything out."

"About what?" Samantha said, tying her bowling shoes.

"How did you finally dump that bastard?"

"It wasn't hard, really. I just stood up to him like you told me to and broke it to him gently."

"He didn't raise his voice to you? He didn't punch you or made you bleed? Threaten you in any way?"

"You see any cuts or bruises on my face? Feel free to examine me, doc. I have nothing to hide."

Tracey looked at Sam's face up close, finding no trace of bruising or even a single scratch. She went as far as looking at her teeth for anything broken; not a crack or a chip was discovered.

"You happy, doc?" Samantha asked. "You want to check the rest of my body? We can go in the bathroom right now if you like."

"No, no," said Tracey, almost laughing, "that won't be necessary. You are good to go."

"Thanks for that clean bill of health, doc. Anyway, Doug never had a chance to do anything to me. He didn't know what hit him. Once I let it all out I felt like a whole new woman. It was like being reborn."

"Amen to that," said Rochelle.

"It's about damn time," said Linda. "About time you had the guts to throw his druggie ass out. I was getting real sick and tired of his filth, not to mention the smell. What did he do, take a bath once a month?"

"Yeah," said Tracey, "I agree. The man was a total slob. I thought we were all going to die from that smell. Sam, I don't know how you could share a bed with him all that time. It's a miracle that you lived to tell about it. I hope for your sake you fumigated your place. Anyway, bottom line he's gone and we won't have to deal with him anymore. So you told him to fuck off and he left with his tail between his legs?"

"Well, not exactly."

"What do you mean not exactly?"

"Let's just say he'll never lay his hands on me again."

Tracey had the feeling that something wasn't right. Was Doug really gone or did he force Samantha to tell this story to her friends just for their own benefit? Tracey couldn't help but wonder if Doug was up to his dirty tricks again.

"Sam," said Tracey, "is there something you're not telling me? What's really going on? Talk to me. "

"What am I not telling you?" Samantha answered. "I've told you everything. What else do you want me to say?"

"Please, not again. Do not tell me you're still with him and you lied about the breakup. Don't do this to me."

"Calm down. I did not lie about the breakup and we are no longer together. I wouldn't make up something like that, would I?"

"So is he gone or isn't he?"

"Trust me, everything is fine and dandy. I'm not making up any excuses this time, and I was a complete fool for doing so. I wasn't thinking straight and I was afraid for my life, but not this time. I'm not afraid anymore and I have a clear conscience."

Samantha looked Tracey in the eye when explaining herself. Deep down Tracey knew her friend was being honest and she wanted to believe her. Had to believe her for her own sake.

"I believe you," she said, with all her heart. "You're my friend and I know you're being honest with me."

"Good," said Samantha, "now let's get back to the game, and then later on we head for the nearest club and pick up some very young men."

"I like the sound of that."

They all enjoyed that very idea. Right before their eyes they were seeing the old Samantha, the once fun loving party girl coming back into their lives.

"Glad you made it," said Linda, giving Sam a hug. "We're all proud of you. I'll help you fumigate your place if you like."

"We're very happy for you," said Rochelle, giving her a hug as well. "May I remind you that you have poor taste in men. Next time hook yourself a young one, a college boy. They're nice and fresh when you touch them."

Soon all four were in a group hug with some giggles and a few tears in the mix. It was an emotional evening for these old friends and nothing could stand in the way of their strong bond.

"All right," said Rochelle, "now that we're done crying like a bunch of school girls, can we please get back to the game? I would love to keep my streak intact if you don't mind?"

The four friends dispersed, continuing what they started in high spirits. Rochelle set her sights in extending her streak just to show Linda off, who was still less than pleased that her own ended abruptly.

"Pay attention, girl," said Rochelle, "pay very close attention because tonight, you will crown me queen."

"Just bowl already," said Linda, "you know you're really starting to bore me. Can't you for once bowl without talking? The rest of us are trying to score points you know."

"You want to place another bet? Let's go for ten this time. No, better yet let's make it twenty, what the hell? You see, gambling was never your thing and you suck at it. You take too many chances without using your head."

Wordmate
Wordmate
101 Followers
12