Girls Night Out Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I don't know, I think one is enough for me," Amanda replied.

"Oh c'mon, why not -- it's not like you're driving or anything? The limos are taking us back to the hotel after the party. What'd we just talk about -- carpe diem, remember? Have a good time, damnit. You're here without your family, loosen up, have a drink, eat some good food, and do some dancing -- we're here to celebrate, right?"

Amanda sighed. "You're right, why not?" And she followed Angie to the bar where they refreshed their drinks and headed to their assigned table.

----------------------------------------------

As the meal wound down, and Amanda had finished a third, and then a fourth glass of wine, she was feeling much more relaxed. Josh, being the consummate gentleman, came over and asked her to dance. While reluctant at first, she eventually relented after being prodded by Angie and Sue, the other bridesmaid. While her first impression of Josh was that he was a bit dull, she found him to be an excellent dancer. Phil was never into dancing, so when they did go to some event, it was all she could do to get him on the dance floor once or twice. But Josh obviously enjoyed it, and she stayed out there until her feet were starting to hurt. She begged off one more and went back to their table for a cool glass of water.

She sat and watched the others for a short while. It seemed like Angie didn't miss a single dance once the meal was over. It was clear that she loved to have a good time; she was out on the floor dancing with everyone -- men, women, boys, girls, groups, it didn't matter. She was laughing her head off, a big smile on her face throughout. Amanda watched her dance and thought to herself, "She is pretty cute, with that boyish figure and pageboy haircut. And damn if she doesn't know how to enjoy herself!"

Finally the band took a break, and Angie came back to the table for a drink and to eat some of the wedding cake that had been distributed. Everybody at the table was chatting about how beautiful the ceremony was and how great the party was. Amanda excused herself to visit the ladies room, and when she walked back into the ballroom, she heard that the band had started up again. No sooner had she down again at the table, then Angie was grabbing her hand and yanking her up to the dance floor. She began to protest that her feet hurt, but Angie would have none of it.

"Don't you hear what they're playing?" she asked.

Amanda listened and heard the opening bars of the orchestra's rendition of Buster Poindexter's "Hot, Hot, Hot." "C'mon," Angie was saying, "this is a mandatory dance at any wedding!" Amanda sighed, and followed her on to the dance floor holding her hand.

The floor quickly filled, and somewhat to her surprise, Amanda actually found herself enjoying it. Angie was moving between her and other people, and it became one fluid mass of people thrusting their arms in the air every time the singer sang the words "hot, hot, hot." Finally the song ended, and out of breath, Amanda said to Angie, "Okay, I'm sitting down again." As she began moving back toward the table and the orchestra started the next song, Angie grabbed her hand once again.

"C'mon, one more -- it's a slow dance, it'll give you a chance to catch your breath."

Amanda hesitated for a second, not because she was afraid she couldn't catch her breath, but because she wasn't sure about a slow dance with Angie. She'd been out to lesbian clubs with Ellyn before, and danced, but never like that with another woman. She began to make an excuse, but then Angie's earlier words echoed in her brain: "carpe diem." "What the fuck," she thought, and allowed Angie to lead her back to the dance floor.

It was a bit awkward for a second, as she was used to dancing men who always seemed to take the lead. Angie was about six inches taller than her, so it seemed natural for her to place her head on Angie's shoulder. She placed one hand in Angie's, and as she felt Angie's other go around her waist, she placed hers on Angie's back.

After the initial awkwardness, it quickly became very comfortable and natural for Amanda. She could smell a nice mixture of sweat and Angie's perfume on her, and she thought about how nice it was to feel a soft woman's body under her arms. At one point she thought she felt Angie's hand moving off her waist and lower to her ass, but figured she must have been mistaken.

The song ended, and as they pulled apart, Angie leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on Amanda's forehead. "Thanks," she said sweetly. "I enjoyed that."

Amanda smiled back and said, "Me too." The two women headed back to their table to finish their pieces of wedding cake.

Finally, after four hours, the party was winding down. As they gathered up their purses and began heading out to the limos, Angie said to Amanda, "So when's your flight tomorrow?"

Amanda replied, "Oh, I'm not going back Monday. I had decided to take a couple of extra days and get some shopping in, maybe even a little sightseeing. You know, in our little podunk college town, there's not much to choose from beyond WalMart and A&F for the college students. And believe it or not, there's not much to fit a big woman like me in A&F," she said with a laugh.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with you," Angie said, punching her lightly in the shoulder again. "I can't find anything that I'd wear in the stinkin' store either, even though I'm still built like a college student. So it's not you -- you look just fine by me."

Amanda smiled and said, "Aw, thanks, that's really sweet of you. So anyway, I'm going to do a little shopping and hanging out, and then fly home on Wednesday."

The two said their good-byes to Rachel and Ellyn, crying as they hugged and kissed the two brides, who had changed and were heading in a limo directly to Logan Airport for their honeymoon in Hawaii. Amanda and Angie climbed into their limo with the other members of the wedding party to head back to the hotel near the synagogue, where Amanda was staying and where Angie had left her car.

When they reached the hotel and headed into the lobby, Angie grabbed Amanda's hand and held it. "Hey, it was great getting to know you finally," she said, smiling at her. "I've heard so much about you for so long from Ellyn, I really am happy we had the chance to meet in the flesh."

"Me too," Amanda replied. "We'll have to get the three of us together sometime, maybe have a little mini vacation together or something."

"That would be great!" Angie replied enthusiastically. "Well, I gotta get my car out of the garage." As she let go of Amanda's hand, she threw both of hers around the larger woman to give her a hug. Amanda hugged her back, and as she pulled away, was surprised to find Angie giving her a quick kiss on the lips. "Take care, sweetie," Angie said with a wink, as she pulled away.

That night, after taking a long soak in the luxurious tub in the hotel room, Amanda thought back on the day. She had had a great time, and truthfully did enjoy getting to know Angie. But she was also a bit confused by some of the things that she had said and done. At times she thought Angie was flirting with her, but she told herself it couldn't be. After all, she knew that Amanda was married, with two kids, and straight. She chalked it up to Angie's general flirtatious nature, figuring that she just liked to have fun, and didn't really care with whom it was with.

----------------------------------------------

Monday was another glorious spring day in Boston, so Amanda decided planned to walk around the city and get her shopping in. She took the Green Line trolley into Back Bay, and spent time first on Newbury Street visiting all the boutiques, and then made her way to Copley Place to hit some of the shops in there. She purchased more than she knew she could carry home on the plane, so much of it she had the stores mail home to her.

She loved the freedom of being out on her own, without worrying about being a wife or mother for a few days. She had forgotten how much she loved Boston; as she had children and they had begun to grow up, her visits to Ellyn in Boston had become less frequent. Tomorrow she planned on doing some sightseeing, maybe the Museum of Fine Arts or the new Institute of Contemporary Arts. While she enjoyed her life in her small college town, it had few cultural attractions compared to Boston.

By the time Amanda took the trolley back to her hotel, she was exhausted. She got back into her room, throwing the bags she hadn't had sent home onto the chair in the room. She figured she'd freshen up a bit and then head down to the hotel's restaurant for a meal.

After she washed her face and dried off, she grabbed her wallet and room key and was just heading out the door when the phone rang. She was a bit puzzled to hear the ring; she knew it wouldn't be Phil, as he always called on her cell. Her mind immediately went to Ellyn, but then just as quickly realized it was unlikely she would be checking up on her from her honeymoon in Hawaii.

She picked up the phone, saying "Hello?"

"Amanda! It's Angie, how are you?"

"Ang!" Amanda was genuinely surprised, and pleased, to hear her voice. "I'm fine thanks, what's up?"

"How was the shopping today -- did you buy a lot of stuff?"

Amanda laughed. "Are you kidding me? I bought so much I couldn't carry it all and had to have some of it sent home. I'm hoping the packages arrive while Phil is on campus, so he won't see how much I bought!"

Angie laughed in return. "See? That's another advantage I have of not being in a relationship -- don't have to worry about hiding any of my purchases."

Amanda chuckled, "I guess so." She wondered why Angie was calling; she couldn't imagine it was just to see how her shopping expedition went. "So what's up?"

"Well," Angie replied, "I was wondering what you were doing tonight? It's Girls Night Out at one of my favorite clubs in Cambridge, and was wondering if you'd like to join me?"

Amanda hesitated a few seconds before answering. She was tired after all the walking around she had done, and was ready for a quiet evening in front of the TV in her hotel room after dinner. And she was just a little nervous about going out with the self-proclaimed "wild woman" for a night of clubbing at something called Girls Night Out. "Oh, I don't know, Angie, I'm sort of tired," she told her.

"I'm not taking that as an excuse -- you're here in the big city, you gotta enjoy all the sights while you can! C'mon, I'll pick you up in an hour, it'll be fun. I promise not to keep you out too late, and I also promise not to corrupt you," she said, adding after a hesitation, "at least not too much."

Amanda laughed and thought to herself, "What the hell -- as we talked about yesterday, you only live once."

"Okay, I'm game I guess. I'll meet you downstairs in an hour," she told Angie.

"Great, see you then, hon."

Amanda realized she wouldn't have time both to go downstairs to the restaurant, and get showered and changed to go out with Angie. So she called and ordered a sandwich from room service, and hopped into the shower. As she ran the soap over her body, she thought again about Angie, wondering why she had called her. Surely she had plenty of friends right here in Boston she could go clubbing with, so why had she invited her? As she rubbed the soap over her lower back, she thought again of the slow dance she shared with Angie, remembering the feel of her hand on her back, and the moment when she thought she was going to let it roam lower on to her ass. She shivered as she felt a small tingle run through her body remembering how that felt, and wondering if she'd have a chance to dance like that with her again tonight. She shook her head though, laughing at herself, and said aloud, "Get a grip Amanda -- this is another woman you're talking about. She's just being friendly to you." Realizing she didn't have much time, she rinsed off her body, washed her hair, and got out to dry herself off.

Just as she put on the plush terry cloth robe provided by the hotel, there was a knock on the door. She answered, ushering the room service waiter with the tray into her room. After signing the slip and seeing him out, she quickly gobbled down the sandwich, realizing how hungry she was.

Keeping the robe on, Amanda went into the bathroom to put on her make-up. She normally didn't wear much, but she figured if she was going out to a club she should put some on. She was just finishing it when she heard a knock at the door. "Must be room service coming for the tray," she thought, pulling the sash on the robe tightly around her.

She opened up the door, ready to invite the waiter in to get the tray. She was surprised instead to find Angie standing there in front of her with a big smile on her face. She was wearing a short knit dress, cut a few inches above her knees, that showed off her long legs. It clung to her body very tightly, showing off her breasts very well. They were small, but the knit fabric accentuated them very nicely, and it looked to Amanda that she was not wearing a bra as her nipples were clearly visible through the fabric. "Wow," thought Amanda when she got over the shock of seeing her in front of her, "she looks much better in that than she did in that ugly bridesmaid's dress!"

"Hi, hon," Angie said. "Traffic was not as bad as I thought it would be, and I got here early. So figured I'd just come up and get you." Amanda's first thought was wondering how she knew what room she was in, but quickly remembered that they had stopped by her room to get her purse before the wedding.

"Oh, great, c'mon in Ang."

Angie walked into the room, Amanda closing the door behind her. "Damn," she thought, "she looks even better from the back." The dress was low cut, showing off her muscular back (I wonder if she's a swimmer, Amanda thought) as well as clinging to her ass in a way that very clearly showed the definition of her cheeks.

"Well, you going to come in here?" Angie asked with a smile. Amanda realized she'd been standing there staring, her hand still on the doorknob.

"Uh, oh, yeah -- sorry, was just spacing out a bit." She walked back into the room, seeing that Angie had moved some of her shopping bags out of the way and was sitting in the chair. As she did, Amanda noticed the dress had ridden up quite a bit, showing off even more of her shapely legs.

As she stared at her new friend, a terrible thought hit Amanda. "Oh shit!" she exclaimed.

Angie got a look of worry on her face. "What's wrong, hon?"

Amanda replied, "I just realized I've got nothing to wear tonight. The dress I wore to the rehearsal dinner is dirty, and the only other thing I have is jeans and a pair of slacks, and they're not really appropriate for a club."

"Oooh, I hadn't thought about that, sorry Amanda. I'd say we could run over to my place and get you something, but I don't think they'd fit you," she said with a smile.

Amanda laughed heartily, "No, I'm sure nothing in your closet would fit me!"

"Well, let's see -- did you buy anything today that would be suitable?"

"Duh!" Amanda replied, slapping her forehead. "I did buy a couple of things that may work." She had purchased a couple of dresses that she thought she could wear to some of Phil's faculty parties.

"Well, let's see."

Amanda went through the bags Angie had piled on the floor, finding the two holding the dresses she had purchased. She pulled them out, holding one up in each hand for Angie's inspection.

"Well, they look nice, but I can't tell from that, hon -- I gotta see them on you. We have plenty of time, Girls Night Out doesn't get rolling until a little later anyway."

"Um, good point. I guess I can try them on for you. By the way, Ang -- what is Girls Night Out anyway?"

Angie laughed, "Oh, Monday nights at this club is for women only, so they call it Girls Night Out."

"Is it just lesbians?"

"Oh god, no -- all kind of women go there. Straight, lesbian, bi, queer, you name it. It's just a nice, relaxed setting where women can hang out without worrying about guys hitting on them. I thought it would be fun for you -- figure you won't get tempted to stray from Phil with some hot, hunky guy," she said with a wink.

"What kind of club is it?"

Angie hesitated for just a second before responding. "It's sort of like a theme club, you know, with different rooms. One may be techno, one pop, another one quieter just for conversation and drinks. There are rooms with uh, games, like pool tables, foosball, all kinds of things."

Amanda said, "Okay, was just curious."

"Great, now let's see which of those two dresses are going to make you look hotter!"

Amanda sighed. "Well, I don't know about 'hot,' but they both looked pretty good in the store. Which one should I try first?"

"Sweetie, we can definitely make you look hot -- try on the black one first."

Amanda laughed at her friend's audaciousness, and put the red dress down on the bed. She took the black one and headed for the bathroom.

"Um, where are you going?" Angie asked.

Amanda stopped in her tracks, and turned around. "Uhhh, I was going into the bathroom, I left my bra and panties in there so was going to put it on in there."

"Don't be ridiculous, it'll be faster to just throw it on here, you don't need your bra and panties just to figure out which one will look better on you," Angie replied. "It's not like you're in the store dressing room, you've already bought these."

Amanda didn't know what to do. She didn't want to seem like a prude, but taking off the robe and being totally naked in front of Angie as she put on the dress didn't seem right. But then she caught herself, wondering if she would have had a second thought about it if it was a straight woman that was sitting in front of her. So she decided to accept Angie's suggestion.

She walked back in front of where Angie was sitting, and placed the dress on the bed. She undid the sash on her robe, and after hesitating for a split second, eased it off her shoulders and arms and tossed it on the bed. She trembled a bit, standing there naked to her friend's gaze wearing nothing but a little bit of eye liner, rouge, and lipstick.

She tried not to look at Angie, and reached over to the bed to pick up the black dress and put it on. As she turned to do so, though, she caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of her eye. She saw that Angie was staring intently at her, with what she thought was just a hint of a slight smile on her lips. She quickly continued with her task, unzipping the back of the dress and putting it on over her head and arms.

When she looked down, she could see that her nipples were showing prominently through the silk of the dress -- not surprising, given that she was not wearing a bra. Amanda didn't know the last time that she had seen such a sight on her own body. She almost always wore a bra, given the prominent size of her breasts and her nipples. About the only time she didn't is if she was wearing a heavy sweatshirt around the house. She was very self-conscious, figuring that Angie would be able to see her nipples poking out toward her. As she turned and faced the full-length mirror on the wall, the image confirmed for her what she had feared. While she wasn't too concerned with going out in the dress, because she knew she'd be wearing a bra underneath, there was no question that Angie would be able to make out her nipples quite easily as she stood in front of her.

She smoothed the silk down over her body, front and back, and turned toward Angie. With sort of a sheepish grin, she asked, "So, what do you think?"

Angie cocked her head a bit, still staring at Amanda. She stood up and came toward her, and without saying a word, stood right in front of her just a few inches from her breasts. Amanda held her breath for a second, not knowing what Angie was going to do. She wanted to close her eyes, afraid to watch. Angie took her hands and adjusted the silk material a bit, pulling it and tugging it around Amanda's waist and hips. As she stepped back to inspect her work, Amanda finally exhaled.