Gnarly's Angels Ch. 06: Drag the Waters

Story Info
"Cry me a river. I just might give a dam."
13.9k words
4.75
6.7k
4
0

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/17/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,863 Followers

Monday morning snuck up on Gavin Reese. His slumber troubled by the ladies in his building. Two women he had grown fond of were bruised up. A third he could only envision being roughed up, having not seen actual proof. He knew he should mind his own business but he felt obligated to defend these women. In a sense he was the man of the house. Being the only male in the building. Having tossed and turned since 5:00 AM, he got up and made some instant coffee. All he had was a pan of hot water to make a harsh reality. Black certainly opened his eyes. Having done a bit of grocery shopping last night, after having dinner with Ginger and the girls from the band Milkbone, he at least managed eggs and bacon. Eying the tacos in his refrigerator, having gone untouched since Isabella's benefactor Blake Stavros shoved them at him, his concern that the prick might have spit on them, he left them sit. A reminder that he needed to leave Isabella alone as well.

Out of the frying pan onto his only full plate, Gnarly filled his belly. At least he had a toaster to make toast, if not forgetting the butter. Egg yolks saved the day. Uncertain what to do next he decided to take a hot shower. Within the steams mesmerizing effects, he recalls his bathing with both Isabella, and his landlady Naomi. His first few days in Chicago was filled with eventful meetings. Everywhere he turned there was a new beautiful woman in his sights. While lust and damn good sex was keeping him busy, his need to play his guitar on a stage had an equal desire. He knew he was on the right track accepting Ginger's job offer of being Milkbone's roadie, driver, and bodyguard. Being in the field would undoubtedly invite new connections. His day was coming, even if it was a day at a time.

Pondering on Crystal Balou's predicament, he recalled her job at the nightclub Barbarians. Maybe he should check it out on his own, without Crystal to make introductions. Her not being there he might learn a few things concerning her and this Cop that was stalking her. Of course, dealing with an elusive Officer of the law might put him in hot water. Speaking of, his water was getting cold. A chill breaking his trance.

Drying off he wraps a towel around his waste. Killing thirty more minutes he found himself going stir crazy. Getting dressed he decides to get some fresh air. Sun just coming up he heads out the back door, shades atop wet hair. Inhaling the morning, he steps over to his Harley and tinkers a bit, checking oil, and plugs. Moving then to his Jeep to do the same. Satisfied things were good, he drops the hood and rests his back against the grill. More soul searching crept over him like a devious fog.

Thoughts on the loan officer at his bank, the drop dead gorgeous Edie Mooney, he realizes he should call her, and ask her out. Funds low however, he frowned at not being able to offer her much of a date. He didn't want his first real date in Chicago to go down as him being a cheap bastard. Sadly, his first few checks were already spoken for. The record store was part time and parking alone was going to eat that paper. Ginger had given him his first $400.00 as an advance on Milkbone's Naperville gig. After buying groceries and Vicki Chow a new bicycle he was back to being broke. At least helping Naomi Carpenter fix up the vacant apartment's he might catch a break on his next rent payment. Still, he owed her for buying him home furnishings. Maybe not.

"Well hell."

Eying his Harley he again considered using it as collateral for a reasonable personal loan. Shaking his head with his eyes lowered he realized that alone was a red flag for Edie Mooney to know he was broke as broke got. Out of the question he sighed. He wasn't selling it either. That bike had history. Maybe Pinky's hat on the curb idea had merit. Starving artist on a street corner whoring out his guitar strings. Could be worse. Sad thing was, looking for a third job was going to interfere with the band. He couldn't just dictate his schedule to an employer.

"Someone steal your hairbrush?"

Looking up from his depression Gnarly spots his neighbor Regina stretching for a morning run. The African American beauty wearing tight black leggings and a grey sports bra. She eyed him with concern.

"Morning." He managed.

"Why you moping while your guitar gently weeps?" She smiles.

"Just realizing my life's in gridlock. I'll figure it out. You got a minute?"

"Sweetie it's gonna take more than a minute to satisfy me." She flirts wryly.

"I'm worried about the girls. I ran into that Blake guy last night. Threatened me, telling me to stay away from Isabella. We're just friends, unless you wanna call her my housekeeper." He sighs. "Looks like a mobster."

"Might just be one. He works at the DA's office. Consultant I hear. Daddy's spoiled little rich kid."

"Great! Crystal walked in on our testosterone fest. She's all bruised up." He admits.

"Awww hell." Regina moves closer leaning on his Jeep's drivers side fender well, arms folded against the early morning chill. The nipples were wide awake.

"How much do you know about Crystal's social life?"

"You getting all fuzzy inside on our girl?"

"Just concerned. Badboy lookin' out for the good girls. You included should you ever need me Reg."

"I'll keep that in mind Biker boy." She winks at him. "Crystal keeps to herself mostly. Either driving folks around, or pouring drinks for party animals."

"I think one of those animals tried to maul her last night. Know so actually."

"Not good. She tell you this?"

"Probably shouldn't be telling you this. Not my business. Yours neither."

"That's not true. We're a family here. One of us gets hurt, we all hurt. Fill me in concerned citizen."

"Bouncer from Barbarians. He's also a fulltime Cop."

"Daaaamn! Cops around here stick together. If she's in trouble it's probably going to get worse."

"Right! So how do I help her?"

Shrugging after a moment of thought on the matter Regina reveals their only option. "Be supportive as best we can. I won't let on you told me about this. I'll keep my eyes open and if I see her needy, I'll slip under her radar. I know that's not much help but, for now that's all we have to work with. Live your own life Guitar Man. Don't sing everyone elses blues."

"What about Isabella? Someone should check on her. She could be hurt and hiding it. Blake reminds me of the abusive type."

"Her being here in the states illegally doesn't help."

"Wait! Izzy told me she had a green card."

"Not true. She's playing it safe, until she knows you better. This Blake guy keeps her here, pays her bills, feeds her. Better life than what she had in Colombia. If not bordering on slavery." She rolls her eyes, "We all know how that nasty bit of history went."

"For what it's worth the only cotton I own are T-shirts." He grins at her like the devil.

"Burn 'em like a rebel flag." She sneers playfully. "I knew that country boy feel, painted you into a barn."

"Bored off my ass right now. Mind if I join you on a jog?"

"Wearing that get up?" Regina sizes up his boots and jeans. "I'm doing five miles. Gonna keep up or start wheezin' just around the corner?"

"Guess we'll find out. Run around the block while I get changed." He grits his teeth suddenly. "My tennis shoes are by Vicki's door. Give me two laps around the block."

"Hurry it up, Sweet Homie Alabama."

"Iowa. More into Slipknot." He chuckles, leaving her with a pat on the shoulder.

Running in step until he entered the back door, Regina shakes her head once, thinking to herself, "Mmm mmm! Might have to reconsider givin' the boy a run for his money. Lil' rough around the edges, but he's got promise." She had no clue who the band Slipknot even was, presuming he was gonna trip over untied shoelaces.

Changing swiftly he puts on a pair of knee high black shorts, a gold and black University of Iowa t-shirt, and thicker socks. Pinning his hair back into a tail he leaves his keys, wallet, and cell behind on the dinette table. Taking only his ID and a $10 bill should he need it. He wasn't worried about anyone entering his apartment, not even Isabella, now that she had been banned from interacting with him by Blake.

Heading upstairs to the third floor, with his boots in hand, he discovers the new bicycle in the same position as it was. Putting on his tennis shoes, he replaces them with his boots so that Vicki knew he wasn't abandoning her. It was a respect thing he wanted to establish. He didn't know a lot about Chinese culture but he did know that respect was important. He had already concluded that she wanted more from life than her upbringing had instilled. Her desires evident if not fully realized. Shyness kept her grounded, yet on occasion she would test herself. Like yesterday after her bike accident. Letting him see her in her underwear while Heather Norton tended to her wounds. Nothing more, other than studying his reaction. Respect won out. Sighing at her door, he heads back down.

Reaching the first floor, he turns from the staircase toward the back door entrance when he hears a door open. Looking over his shoulder he discovers a face, and body, he hadn't seen before. Out of her apartment stepped Julia Lowe. He had to pause in step, considering her attire, and her cranky tone. She was mumbling aggressively, as she tip toed on bare feet from her door.

The redhead, with flawless milky white skin stood at 5'7, 135 pounds. Busty, but not overpowering at a 38C, sensually hidden behind a lime colored camisole. Tattoos of colorful butterflies, resting on thorny vines, trail from upper back, down her arms to wrap around her biceps. A few more larger tattoos of monarchs had lit upon both hips in a perfect arrangement. Tastefully ornate and seductive. Nipples peaking at the morning chill. Her lower half covered by a turquoise colored pair of boy shorts, that clung to her ass like they were painted on. Hair long and curly, as if Disney's Merida. Barefoot, she marches out without any concern of being seen in her undies. Stepping to Naomi's door she knocks, awaiting her landlady to rise. Immediately, he connected her appearance with actress Ashley Greene from the Twilight movies. Yeah, Gavin had suffered through those in his younger days, thanks to an old girlfriend. Even after a harsh workout earlier, Gavin's body realized this woman's sensuality. Her scent didn't help, it was like lavender in passing.

"Might still be asleep." Gnarly makes his presence known.

Darting her gaze toward the unexpected voice Julia smirks, "The neighbor stud I heard about, I presume?"

He lowers his chin while rubbing the back of his neck, "Now who might be saying things like that?"

Julia knocks a second time, frowning at impatience. Agitated she leans against the wall next to Naomi's door with folded arms. Facing Gnarly she sizes him up from head to toe. "Everyone. I can see why panties are drippin'."

With a pucker he nods, "Nice to know I have fans. Everything alright?"

"Toilet's leaking all over. I put towels down, but I don't want to let it go and ruin Naomi's floor."

"Bad seal probably. You shut the water flow off behind the toilet?"

"Wasn't aware it had one. Do I look like a plumber?"

"You have the crack." He chuckles.

"Save it for the stage Perv." She scowls playfully. He could see it in her sparkling eyes that she loved showing off.

"Oh yeah. The stripper."

"Dancer."

"Prancer. I can shut the water off until Naomi gets up. Just leave her a note."

"You the maintenance man now?"

"I've been maintaining a bit." He chuckles, meaning servicing Naomi, and the other girls in one fashion or another. "Unless I'm overstepping my boundaries. Just trying to help."

"Sure!" Julia abandons Naomi's door and strolls toward Gnarly like a stalking lioness. Her eyes mischievous as all get out. Opening her door back up she wiggles her ass at him, while casting a waving hand over her shoulder, with an alluring index and middle finger calling him in. "Follow the butterflies."

"Right behind you, Flutterby."

"Mmmm!" She expresses with brilliant green eyes.

He sighs, realizing Regina was still outside waiting. Hurrying in after Julia, he passes by her bedroom. A quick glance led to a visual, one he would remember for a spell. On her bed lay two other girls, both butt naked, and sexy as hell. One a brunette, the other a redhead like Julia, with shorter hair.

"Quit spying on my sister, and her girlfriend. Perv I swear." She eases past him to shut the bedroom door. "Barely legal sister, I might add. Eyes on my ass, and where it sits."

Gnarly didn't apologize, but he did take in Julia's cleavage, the second her back was to the sealed door, standing with her hands behind her back. She lingered there letting him absorb her beauty. As the tension stimulated the air she raises her right hand from behind her. A point of an index finger suggests Gavin toward the restroom. Smirking, he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Caterpillar's. They turn into butterflies.

She wanted to attack him at caterpillars, but remained centered in her hormonal urges.

"Victoria's secret hideout?" He jests after spotting an armada of bra's, and skimpy undies, dangling everywhere. Before crouching down to turn the valve off behind the toilet, he realizes how close she stood beside him. Julia took that moment to drop her panties and sit on the john without waver. Tinkling right in front of him.

"Dancer doesn't always have time to do the laundry. Besides, bad experiences with dryers."

"Don't go flushing until Naomi calls a plumber. Long as you leave the valve off you shouldn't have a leak." He turns the valve with a echoing squeak.

"Not shy. I like that." She wipes, then stands to pull her panties up. Gavin got a decent look at some red pubes.

"Goes both ways."

"So do I." She winks.

"Not what I meant." He chuckles, "Listen I have to go. Regina's out back waiting on me."

"Reggie? You...like..?"

"Friends. Not racist."

"I wasn't insinuating you were. She's just so...masculine."

"Because she keeps fit? Each their own. Nice meeting you Julia. Sorry about..." He nods toward her bedroom door.

"I should have closed it before I let you in. My bad. Kid sister needed a place to crash for a week. She and her girlfriend just got evicted from their loft. Thanks for the life preserver Sailor."

"Tell Naomi to go buy a toilet seal, I'll come by later to fix the dew pond."

"Handy." She arches her back offering him a tightened camisole forming around her tits. "I love a man who's good with his hands. Very...big hands."

"Awesome. I'll use this hand to say goodbye." He salutes her like a Sailor. "This hand I'll reserve for stuffing a dollar in your cleanest slingshot."

"Big spender, a whole dollar bill?"

"Don't knock it. Could easily make it two rolls of pennies." He winks, closing her door behind him. Julia felt jilted, but turned on all the same.

Outside, he found Regina tapping her foot on the gravel lot. She looked bitter.

"Ran into a snag. Met the stripper Julia, she was pounding on Naomi's door. Her toilet was opening up beach front property. I took the time to shut her water off before it ruined Naomi's flooring."

"I was about ready to leave you in the dust."

"I'm from Iowa I'm used to dust." He grins. "Ready to high tail it?"

"As long as it's not my tail you're looking at."

"How can I do that when I'll be thirty feet ahead of you?" He turns and bolts away. Regina drops her guard, giving chase. At the street Gavin heads east on the sidewalk. Looking back he spots Regina running west. Groaning he turns and gives chase. Catching up to her he did indeed admire her muscular cheeks dancing with each step. "What the hell Reg?"

"Quit eyeballing my ass, Corn Fed. Not my fault you were going the wrong way." She giggles grinning from ear to ear. Moving to her side he glares over with an evil grin. Regina cocks an eyebrow at his attitude. "Why are you all Squirrely today?"

"Just enjoying myself. I needed this. Stress levels high...TAIL IT!" He slaps her on the ass and takes off ahead of her. With a scowl she hisses, moving faster to keep up. At an intersection they're forced to stop and jog in step to avoid getting run over by morning traffic. Everyone was up and leaving for work. Just when traffic was really congested Regina smirks to herself. In a rash move she yanks his shorts down to his knees.

Commando, his beast dangled low. Before he could pull them up honks crowded the air. Women driving by laughing and drooling at his predicament. Waving at them he yanks them up.

"Dirty pool Swarze-"

"If you say the N word I'll bury your balls in your ass hole."

"Neggar. Geez! You think I'm that mean?"

Regina shakes her head distastefully, and bolts through a break in traffic. Gavin didn't catch the same break, having to wait for two more cars to pass. A young hottie, next in line, blew him a kiss, as she halted in the street to let him cross. Nodding with a warm smile Gnarly resumed his run in front of her car. The short haired blond wishing she had time to talk, yelled out her window, "I LOVE YOU." He held a hand to his heart, and waved goodbye.

Seeing Regina turn at the next corner Gavin notes an alley way heading in the same direction. Thinking he might catch up by taking a short cut, he bolts down it, barking dogs agitated by his trespassing near their territory. Ignoring them he leers between homes to see Regina he puts on the speed. He wanted to come out in front of her, catching her off guard.

At the end of the alley he turns, hoping his timing was right. Sweating up a storm under the exertion he reaches the corner before she did. Turning left to see her surprise he found himself shocked.

"FUCK!" Regina had turned again between blocks, heading down a side street. Cheated of a minor victory, he again had to wait on traffic before managing to cross. Once behind her again he notes something suspicious about her. Her leggings had been curled down over her waist revealing more flesh. Her butt crack peeking up over the top. Smirking at her tempting him to catch up he nearly stumbles on a section of upraised sidewalk. That was certainly unexpected, Regina taunting him sexually. Since meeting her the sexual tension wasn't visible. What had brought this on? Maybe her eyeballing his dangling cock on the street corner, had made her rethink things. She hadn't even looked back to see where he was. Weird!

Finally, in his rapid stride he notices her look back at him gaining on her. Her smile vivid, as she reaches behind her rolling her waist band even lower. Another few inches she would be offering him a full moon. He hadn't even had time to realize he had a sturdy morning wood coming along for the ride. Impossible not to obtain an erection chasing a hot ass. If only she wasn't so ripped. Her legs were twice the girth of his, upper body making his own toned structure look puny. Maybe that was what was exciting him. He had never considered a bodybuilder before. Let alone an African American beauty until recently. Jezabelle James his first ever. Certainly, worth exploring he thought.

Vanishing around another, corner, he trails her noting a lush green park in the distance. Regina knowing she had the advantage of nearly two blocks turned in step jogging backwards. He could see her belly and six pack abs all the way down to nearly pubic territory. Grinning mischievously, she flips him off just before lifting her top up over her breasts. It was a brief flash but enough to give Gavin the necessary fuel to run faster. Turning her back to him she resumed her run.

Cars driving by seeing this tooted at Regina. She waved and laughed at herself. Maybe she too needed to get some stress relief.

Heading into the park Gnarly lost sight of the fitness trainer. Upon reaching the tree line with a neatly invested sidewalk pathway he winced heavily. Another sprint deeper into the trail he wonders if she had darted through the bushes. "Where the hell did she go?"

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,863 Followers