God Save The Devil Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
strtlr69
strtlr69
274 Followers

The second arrest of Mr. Ajay meant that he was not going to get a bail so easily this time. He was cash starved as well. He decided to sell his land and come up the cash to fight his case and try for a bail. It was pleasant music to my ears to know that.

The auction was setup by the Bank. I was the proud owner of all the three lands Mr. Ajay had possessed. I deliberately bought the lands at a higher rate than the asking price.

Media kept a close tab on Mr. Ajay's case and everything related to it. No wonders I was asked why I purchased all the three pieces of land that Mr. Ajay had possessed and at a higher rate than asked for. I just told the media people that I am buying these pieces of land to help Mr. Ajay out. The money he gets from the sale will help him fight his case and prove his innocence. I wanted Mr. Ajay to come out of the jail but only after he had no cash left. All I had to do was - wait.

The waiting this time was sweet.

I had a rough estimate of Mr. Ajay's assets and cash in hand. I could make out in my head that he had nothing left to fight his case anymore. I decide to give him a visit in jail.

Me: "Mr. Ajay, It is very sad to see you so pulled down and tensed. I did all I could manage. I bought your land to help you fight your case. Please feel free to ring me if there is anything I can do to help you out."

I felt enveloped in waves of bliss as we talked.

Me: "I am sorry to convey to you that we won't be able to keep you as our Manager anymore. We kept you the last time because you were set free by the court. I am sure you can understand that it will take you many months to get a ruling this time. I am sure you will be set free, you are not that kind of a person but I cannot run a company without a Manager. I hope you will be able to forgive me for bearing such bad news."

I felt as I might pass out in bliss. It took a lot out of me - not to smile at that moment.

Mr. Ajay: "Sir, I understand your problem. You tried to help me out by buying my land also. Sir, it is your greatness that you did not throw my family out of my house. I will repay every bit of it when I come out of jail Sir."

Me: "Don't use such words for me Mr. Ajay. Your family can stay at my house for any number of days they want. I am sure you will be out soon and will be able to manage everything on your own. If at all, you need my help for anything like admission etc - do let me know. I am in very good touch with almost all the universities in our city. Don't think much, concentrate your efforts on the case now. I will take your leave."

Mr. Ajay (chocking with gratitude): "Sir, It comes as a very big relief to me. I thought wrong of you always, please forgive me for that."

I just patted his back and smiled. The smile was that of a devil, laughing his heart out from inside. I had taken care of everything that I had planned.

Mr. Ajay's apologies were running like a looped tape inside my mind, again and again. No matter how many times I recollected his apologies, I would love to replay that scene once again in my mind.

The hunter inside me had grown so much more patient as he waited for his prey to walk slowly but surely into his trap. Time flies by, is such an appropriate saying. Two years had passed since Mr. Ajay was arrested the second time. I had spent these two years quite patiently, observing Mr. Ajay's activities in the jail.

I was in for the most pleasant surprise when Mr. Ajay's wife, Shyamali, gave me a visit at office. She was nothing less than a goddess. I had only seen her pictures till now. It was so much more thrilling to see her in flesh and blood. She had lost some weight and looks but I still found myself getting hard for her. I just smiled inwards to observe that.

Shyamali: "Sir, I come to you in desperation."

Me (acting innocent): "Do I know you?"

Shyamali: "Sir, I am Shyamali, wife of Mr. Ajay. We are so very thankful for your help. Had it not been for you, we would have been in such a bad shape."

Me: "It is alright. I can say the same to you as well. Had it not been for what Mr. Ajay did, I would not have been here."

I obviously meant my state of mind.

Me: "How can I help you Ms. Shyamali?"

I loved the way she was feeling ashamed to ask anything. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. A guard came and delivered a box full of old papers.

Shyamali: "Sir, I was told to deliver this to you in person. Mr. Ajay told me to give them to you and then only convey his request."

I looked into the papers, without showing much interest. These were very valuable documents indeed. It contained all the legal loopholes on which he had filed all the complaints in the past.

Me: "I am sure you know what these documents are. Do you?"

Shyamali: "Sir, I do know that they are very important papers. He had collected them over many years. He would never let anyone of us touch this box. What these papers contain is best know to him or probably you."

Her answer had a tone of truth to it.

Me: "Is any such paper left behind at your place? Has any of this been photocopied and kept?"

Shyamali: "Sir, this box was never opened by any of us. I did what he told me to do."

All her shame vanished and her eyes reflected a bit of rage on being questioned like this. I felt quite amused to see the change.

Me: "Well, these papers were used against us as evidence. Your husband obviously did that. So how can I trust him now?"

I was observing her subtly all the time. The minute I went hard at her, she relaxed and was back to her normal shy self once again.

Shyamali: "Sir, can I ask you one thing? Despite knowing all this, why did you still help him?"

Me: "You ask me an interesting question. The humiliation that I and my family faced was something I don't want anyone else to face. That is why I helped Mr. Ajay. Would you like to have some tea or coffee?"

I was amazed at how much I loved this subtle game of question and answer.

Shyamali: "Sir, I am fine. I was told to give you these boxes and ask anything in return from you."

I could see that she was not going to take this lying down, despite knowing that she had no other way out.

Me: "hmmmm. What is it that you seek?"

Shyamali: "Sir, Can you do anything at all to help him come out of jail."

Me: "No, I can't do anything to help you there."

My blunt answer did disappoint her much.

Shyamali: "Sir, he is innocent. He is being falsely accused."

Me: "I know and that is why I am helping you people out as much as I can."

She sounded so genuine and innocent that I almost felt like undoing everything that had happened.

Shyamali: "Sir, I don't have the strength to carry on, any more. Alone."

She broke into sobs, saying this. I came over to her side of the table and gave her a glass of water. Her skin looked so smooth and supple. I managed my perverse thoughts and comforted her.

Me: "I can understand you problems. Believe me. I would have helped if it was possible."

Shyamali had that blank stare on her face. Tears on her cheek added more to her beauty quotient.

Shyamali: "Sir, I know it is much of a problem. I have given you the papers and am not asking them back. I told you already what I want. If it is possible, please help me."

Saying these words, sobbing loudly, she made her way out. She was a lady who was loyal, loving and much more than what Mr. Ajay deserved.

The papers that she had returned were worth what she had asked for in return. I knew it would be a very big setback for me and my revenge but she deserved it after what she delivered. She did not twist my arms to get what she wanted, I liked the attitude. Some part of my heart had gone soft, seeing her.

I consulted the matter with my friends, Mr. Ram Singh, Manoj and Ayub. I wanted to take everyone into confidence. After all, they would be playing key roles helping me attain my revenge. After many rounds of discussions, it was finalized that it would be risky to take any direct part in Mr. Ajay's case.

I sent her a sms - "I cannot take any direct part in what you requested. However, if there is any other way I can help. You can always count on me."

I got an answer almost instantly -"Sir, can I meet you now? I think you can help me."

I was all alone and the idea of meeting her alone excited me much. I invited her to meet me in office.

As Shyamali made her way in, a thought sprung in my head - "Is taking revenge the right thing?". She had such an effect on me. I was living and breathing my revenge and she made me think otherwise.

She thanked me for meeting her at an odd time. I just smiled, my eyes fixed on her face.

Shyamali: "Sir, I had met a judge and he assured me that if a certain amount was given to him. He would grant him a bail."

Me: "hmmmm. Was he not denied a bail earlier?"

Shyamali: "Sir, he has been a model prisoner since he was arrested. On those grounds, he will be granted bail."

Me: "I am so very glad to hear that. What is the amount you have in mind?"

Shyamali: "Sir, if you can gift me the land on which I am living. No Bank will finance us anymore. A relative of mine will give me money against the land. I will be able to take care of everything - the bail and the bribe. Once Mr. Ajay is out, he will get a job and then things will be back to normal."

She genuinely felt as if getting a bail for Mr. Ajay would end all of their problems. The thought almost tickled my mind.

Me: "If that is the case, my lawyer will look into the matter. Necessary papers will be made and you will be intimated when to meet him and organize all the paperwork. I would like to thank you for freeing me from a very big burden. I wanted to give you what you wanted in lieu of those papers. Now that I will deliver, it gives me great relief. I am sure your life and circumstances will be back to normal once Mr. Ajay is out of jail. I still stick by my word to Mr. Ajay about the admission of your daughters. If you have any problems relating to that, do call upon me. I am so very happy for you and your family. Take care."

Shyamali: "Sir, I have yet to meet a person like you. We will always be indebted to you. Thank you Sir."

My decision to transfer the land back to her was resisted by one and all. Time would unfold for them why I took this decision.

A much awaited day for me, Mr. Ajay had come out of jail. He was a man with no money, no assets and too many things to take care of. It was a perfect situation to sit back and enjoy. I had been waiting quite patiently for this day. The ball was rolling in the perfect direction indeed.

A friend of mine was now the legal owner of Mr. Ajay's land. Mr. Ajay's relative had conveyed this fact to Mr. Ajay and his family as well. It was about time Mr. Ajay's life became hell.

The Devil would now understand what being a Devil actually meant.

To be continued..

strtlr69
strtlr69
274 Followers
12