Gods and Heroes Ch. 01

Story Info
As ancient evils stir, a girl's saga begins...
1.1k words
4.31
3.8k
6

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/28/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Just a short chapter to establish the setting. This will likely be a multi-chapter fantasy novella involving a predominantly female protagonist. Sex/bondage/the works are not a central part of the story, so if you enjoy world-building, plot, and character-development with erotica as a bonus, Gods and Heroes may be to your liking.

Preface: Based on warrior women and various mythologies.

--

Bella held out her spear and charged, with her comrades side-by-side. The sky flared golden as Celestia, the floating city, expelled a wave of supercharged energy, pushing back the encroaching darkness overhead. The din of battle was immense, and demons engaged demigods over the entire stretch of the battlefield.

Her company was dressed in revealing light armor, accentuating their beauty and agile potency; the bulk of their protection came from their holy goddess, animating their lithe bodies with forces of yore. They were unstoppable, yet the horde of darkness met them with equal fury, their accursed champion cleaving apart many warriors before they could even reach their ancient enemy.

She could hear a distant voice, strangely familiar, calling her name.

Ducking underneath such a blow, she felt the ground rumble with the impact of the axe against the cracked, blackened earth. Where there had once been life and abundance, the landscape has been ravaged by this hellish invasion. She reared up and drove her spear deep into the dark champion's body, and was promptly deafened by a howl of undulating rage. Before she could react, it grabbed her, titanic claws instantly crushing three of her ribs, and held her high above the chaotic din.

"Champion of Serenity, you shall make a fine prize for my master this day!" Roaring, the monstrosity made to impale her on the axe.

Suddenly, her companions were with her. The Celestinian Royal Guard surrounded the archdemon, pinning it with sanctified spears and evading its retaliatory blows with acrobatic ease. But even the elite guard could only do so much against such a fearsome foe. She watched with horror as the monster feinted, then, with lightning speed, drove his demonic axe into the flitting body of the nearest girl. Nadia, hero of Celestia, was cloven in twain easily by the monster's weapon, her adamantine shield failing her in this time of greatest need, unable to withstand such a terrible blow. Golden ichor, blood of the gods, sprayed everywhere as the monster roared in triumph, the dead girl's corpse flung violently to the ground.

She heard her name again, but this time, it was much more urgent. It sounded almost... annoyed?

But there was no time to think, no time to feel. The demon's attention drawn momentarily to the heroine's grisly demise, it exposed its naked eye to the aloft girl. Despite the blinding pain, her mind was crystal clear: She would not let Nadia's sacrifice be in vain. Bella drew back her spear to deliver the killing blow...

--

"Bella!"

The girl woke with a gasp.

Birds chirped outside as she looked around herself, momentarily disoriented. A carefree breeze drifted lazily through the window as a distant neighbor softly strummed a lute. She could smell the delicious steak and simmering soup downstairs, slowly calming her shaky nerves. It was just a dream.

"Bella, how many times do I have to yell your name? Lunch is ready, you've been asleep the whole morning!"

The girl leapt up. "Coming, mother!" She was naked, so she threw on a small tunic and a short sports skirt. Not a beautiful combination, but it'll do for now. Clambering out her room, she took the stairs two at a time in her haste and burst through the front entrance. With the trained eye of someone who just woke up, Bella located her parents sitting comfy beneath a gently swaying palm tree.

Her mother was not impressed. "Tut tut, Bella, I know you did well yesterday at the proving ceremony, but it's half past noon! I gave you some time to sleep in, but this is going too far."

Her father looked up wearily, yesterday's newsprint still in his hands. "Give the girl a break, Sarah, she turned 19 yesterday and is a young woman now, she can make her own decisions. Though I don't know if she wants to miss this delicious meal. It took both of us to bring this stag down!" He smiled kindly. Bella could tell he was still fiercely proud of her performance last night. She will be going to the Celestial City itself tomorrow, quite an impressive boast indeed; her career seemed secured.

"Well, honey, you're probably right. Bella, I cooked this just for you. We are very proud of your accomplishments and this is the least we could do to help you celebrate. We're not going to see you for five years after today!"

Bella smiled, "thanks mama, papa, I'm really excited too. My trainer told me Celestia is a beautiful city. You two should visit again sometime!"

Her father chuckled. "We may visit you sooner than you think. I know we aren't supposed to disturb you as you take the final step to becoming a warrior, but... we've got some connections." Her mother's eyes glinted as well. "Just send us a message whenever you need us. I've been told the messenger ravens up there are much quicker and more... accurate... than the old birds we've got here in Sanctuary."

She crossed her arms, faking a pout. "Oh please, father, the more time I get to spend away from you two owls bossing me around, the better chance I have of not going utterly insane."

The family laughed easily as the girl tucked in. It was a beautiful day, and the sun was breaking through the clouds. Bella downed a cut of wild game and finished with a gulp of hearty vegetable stew. Rolling her eyes as she declined a second helping of steak, her disturbing dreams an hour past was already slipping from her memory.

--

Dark fog shrouded the crypt as an ancient voice grated through the dust and cobwebbed graves. After a million years, it had just experienced the most peculiar dream. The world has changed greatly, though some things were still familiar. It's enemy of old, the great city, the guardians of Serenity.

The demon's rumbling chuckle reverberated through the long-forgotten tomb, disturbing a thin coating of dust and soot from the ceiling. A sign at last, though shrouded and unclear. Where was the goddess? The seven aspects? Who was the girl, this new champion of the hated angel's most prized offspring? It could feel the bruise in his gut, still healing after that admirable wound she gave him just moments before.

It would keep close tabs on her. The omens were foggy and uncertain, but there was one revelation Malus had gleaned, after countless eons...

The Great One is stirring once more.

To be continued...