God's Gonna Cut You Down

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prescott left the Purson behind. Purson helplessly fell to the ground crying in agony. With wide outstretched arms, Prescott jumped down the cliff. In a perfect arc, he dove head in first to the water. His arms pulled from the tippy front down along his side to propel him forward to the depth. He opened his eyes and saw Sea struggling to swim to the surface. Her legs were tied to a rope. The roped went in a straight line down to a stone brick.

Sea wasn't struggling much anymore. The air was running thin in her lungs. Prescott struggled with the knot of the rough rope. The water had wetted the rope and made it pull together tight. Prescott swum deeper. He grabbed the stone brick with both hands. With all his might, he could lift it. Like a sumo ringer, he carried the stone brick under water to the shallow part of the Tygart. The mud floated around his knees and waste. He slipped on big river rocks. The air was running rare in his lungs. Yet, he had one duty and one mission. His life was only a secondary priority.

The ground become sturdier and less mucky on the shallow side. Firm pebbles made the underwater walking easier. He could feel the rope slacking as Sea started floating on the water's surface. He swam up to her. Her eyes were red. She was breathing hard and spewing water. The doggy paddles of desperation kept her mouth at the surface. He dove back down and with more time was able to undo the knot.

Purson was sitting on the other side of the river Indian style. He was on his phone talking feverously. He yelled over at Prescott, "I'm gonna cut you down!"

Prescott's white hospital gown had become completely see-through. He grabbed Sea by the hips and threw her over her shoulder. Prescott walked up the grass to Coberly Lane. His plan was to get away. The destination of safety was a hazy concept.

Daniel's battered Honda Civic honked on Coberly Lane. The quick beep-beep gave Prescott heavy. Sea's body had become heavy to him. The river water was still streaming down his body. Daniel came running and pulled Sea on the backseat. Sea let herself fall across the whole back lifeless. Daniel slammed the door and punched the gas to hit Crystal Spring Road.

"Son, I'm gonna let you in on my secret. I'm a highway robber. I've been my whole life until I got caught. I posted bail and ran away. Purson has shielded me from the Marshall Service. Though, he could only protect me within Elkins city limits. He's extracted his price from me," explained Daniel speaking rapidly.

The Civic tires spun on the dirt road. The rear slide a bit around in the turns. A dust cloud blew up behind them. Daniel was gunning it. He was wielding the stick shift harshly. The pedals only knew full speed or full break. He was leaning forward to see around the corners hidden behind high fences. He reached under Prescott's legs to pull a CB radio out.

"Spider is active. Repeat. Spider is active. Activate plan Tinkerbell. I'm heading North on Crystal Springs Road," said Daniel into the CB Radio.

"For a long time, I've been planning to run away. I want to see my family again. Purson has gone too far," explained Daniel to Prescott.

"But Prescott will find us. He controls all the traffic lights in America," said Prescott defeated.

"Haha, America is full of backcountry roads. We won't set a tired on paved road from hear until Nevada. There is a network of rebels who will guide us across the whole country. The heart touching story of you love birds is something that the leadership has been waiting on for a long time. The harder he goes after you the more sympathy and followers will be gathered by the rebellion."