Golden Keeper Ch. 01

Story Info
A dark awakening.
1.9k words
4.4
55.3k
32

Part 1 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Marione
Marione
130 Followers

Chapter One: Moonlight and Darkness

The trees cast haunting shadows over the slim figure lying at their roots. It seemed to glow under the rays of moonlight that caressed its ivory skin. Its hair was mangled, skin pale but in some areas covered dirt and grime from an unknown time or place. The creature moaned in agony as it slowly regained consciousness and rolled onto its back revealing that it was in fact a woman. She took a chance and opened her eyes; her irises of an eerily pale hue of blue or maybe grey casting a wary and bewildered glance at the dark foliage surrounding her. Her gaze was then full of shock as a ripple of an unorthodox amount of pain traveled down her emaciated back, along her spine. Her chalky, pale pink lips opened to release a scream but sound was lost to her. Tears gathered in her now wide open eyes, tears that soon spilled over and cleared her face in streaks, washing away the collected dirt.

No longer paralyzed from her pain, which had simmered to a throb around her shoulder blades, she attempted to sit up. More pain shot through her upper back; the frail bones clearly visible through her skin, weak from malnourishment. She jerked back down to lay on her stomach while her form twisted and contorted in a dance of sadistic pain, causing her mouth to remain open in an ever constant silent scream. The pain became too much to bear and she welcomed the darkness that slowly suffocated her conscious mind.

___

Again she woke the next night, but more aware than before. Keeping her breathing steady she just barely opened her eyes, letting their silvery blue depths remain mostly hidden underneath her slightly bruised eyelids. Her body ached for more rest but seeing as her pain was no longer excruciating she tried to regain her composure in a sitting position. Long, silvery locks of hair seemed to be woven intricately at her scalp, cascading down the sides of her face, neck, shoulders, and just passing the peak of her breasts. Though they were knotted and haphazard the strands of hair still held a fine texture that was silky to the touch. When she realized that sitting caused her no extra amounts of pain she slowly got to her feet.

The woman didn't realize it but she was a vision. Her skin was iridescent under the rising moon and the layer of perspiration from her efforts made her body sparkle. With her arm out wide trying to gain balance she had yet to notice her complete nudity. However what she did notice was the extra weight coming from her back. She spun trying to find the source at no avail. Slowly her fragile hands traveled backward coming in contact with something feathery sticking out between her shoulder blades. Although this was not what frightened her; the shock came from the fact she could feel her touch through the mysterious feathers because whatever was hanging from her back was now a part of her.

With horror struck eyes the woman frantically looked around anything that could reflect her new anatomy. What started as a brisk walked turned into a fast jog. As she continued to view the darkening forest around her the woman became more paranoid and she started to run. A glimpse at her shadow cast by the moonlight made her double-take, an incredulous look on her refined features. Nimble fingers spread open and arms stretched wide, she moved with an angelic grace despite her trauma. Her hands graced the dry vines that hung from dark, heavy branches; her feet seemed to glide effortlessly on the earth. After what felt like hours of running she came upon a tiny gathering of murky water nestled between two giant roots of and even larger tree. Cautiously approaching the area on the tips of her toes she was fearful of what she might see. Once the woman was close enough she looked down to the surface of the still water. She knew she looked different, that something wasn't right but she was unable to remember what her appearance was before… before what? She thought, turning to side she saw two beautifully shaped wings. In the darkness of the night they appeared black with maybe a hint of blue or violet. …How? She thought, as disbelief washed through her as she once again reached back to touch the feathers-her feathers. With her mouth still agape in fear, curiosity and wonder she gratefully sank into the only thing that was familiar to her: darkness.

___

Groggily, the woman woke up to find herself half submerged in the muddy water at the base of the tree. She was beginning to grow tired of this pattern of shock followed by unconsciousness. Once again looking around with her pale eyes she took in the forest brightening under the sun which was only visible through some of the cracks between the leaves at the treetops. Getting to her feet she realized her nakedness, half covered in mud but was not concerned. Finding her way out of the dense woods was her top priority.

While she walked she heard the rustling of animals, the pitter-patter of tiny rabbit feet; the wind weaving its way between every tree, leaf, and branch. The soft chirps of a birds love song, wings fluttering rapidly, all these sounds so new to her. As she thought about it she soon realized that all of her senses were in fact heightened from the dullness of her first cold night. She could hear the new sounds of the forest but according to her sight the animals were nowhere near.

The sun was warming her body after her long, frigid night. Its rays became stronger as the sun rose higher in the seemingly infinite sky at what the woman could only presume was noon. Still wandering somewhat aimlessly after several hours she grew desperate. Wanting to find shelter before the sun set again, she picked up her pace. The wind tossed her already knotted hair and it flew behind her like a train on a wedding dress; her silvery-blonde locks shining in the sun. She thought maybe it was her eyes deceiving her: that the trees were thinning in abundance. Disregarding her senses and filling her mind with hope, even if false, that spurred her on until she stumbled upon a clearance.

Unnerved by what she saw but too exhausted to move again, the woman simply fell to her knees. Then she saw the familiar darkness dancing around the edges of her vision but struggled even harder to remain alert. Her mouth opened yet again in a soundless cry. With her last coherent thought being, No…not again, she was swept into the undercurrents of unconsciousness.

___

Grant swung his massive head towards the sound of oncoming, fast paced footsteps although they seemed unusually light for what he thought was a human. Being precautious he got on the offensive with his ears perked up and his mouth curled up in a vicious snarl. The rest of his pack followed suit, only behind him. When the thin, wisp of a woman came frantically but gracefully out of the forest, his ears pinned back in confusion. Her bones and veins were clearly visible through her pale, translucent skin under the bright sun. When she looked up from underneath her elegant lashes her silver-blue eyes clashed with his liquid gold. Grant was caught of guard and took a step back. As the entrancing woman fell to her knees her mouth opened and Grant expected a terror-filled scream but no sound was heard. When she came crashing down onto the earth her wing was crushed beneath her frail body.

Collecting himself and his thoughts, he projected his next ones to the pack.

Surround her… Finn, make sure there's no one else and take Jase with you, he ordered them, as he looked at the woman on the grass. As he stalked closer to her he saw that she was absolutely filthy yet underneath all of the dirt and-what smelled like-dried blood, he could tell that she was completely stunning. Pacing, Grant wondered where she came from. Her wings, he thought, they're highly unusual. I guess I can have Orion take a look at them… after I get Doc to check her out…

When Finn and Jase returned with no evidence that she was being followed or there was another of her kind Grant changed back to his human form and lifted her delicate body more carefully than any would have though possible looking at his massive size. Grant was at least 6'5" and was fit enough to make him look imposing, but not too much as to make him a body builder type. She remained rigid in his arms, her subconscious mind afraid of him. He smoothly carried her through the clearing and into the forest along the trail that would lead them back home. Though her weight caused him no trouble he slowed to admire the elfish face of the beauty that lay in his arms. Where did you come from? He asked himself again, as the woman slowly relaxed into his large embrace. Yes, Grant Leighnaan was one hulk of a man.

___

She was comfortable. Comfortable… she thought, while she felt as if she were floating through clouds, but how? Slowly fragments of the past day began to flicker and filter in her mind. Still unused to and afraid of the concept of her new extremities she forced her newer memories forward: the clearing, the exhaustion, and the… wolves? They were indeed wolves and somehow she knew that whoever she was before she had woken up alone in the forest was not too fond of the shaggy beats. Peering up from between her eyelids she came face to face with what looked a felt like a wall. This turned out to be a chest; the chest of an impossibly large male. She looked around with panic stricken eyes only to see that he was carrying her back through the forest. Wait, she thought, I don't want to go back! However frightened the woman was common sense told her to keep her thoughts to herself so she resumed her deep breathing to make it seem as though she had never woken in the first place.

___

He knew she was awake: her breathing had changed momentarily and her heart rate had yet to slow down. Grant would not push her but her anxiety somehow worried him. Deciding that rest would be the best for her he eased into the shallow part of her mind and forced sleep upon her. Hmm, that's strange… I detected a strong barrier just below the surface of her mind. He looked down at his sleeping angel, her wings folded neatly beneath her, and thought not for the first or the last time, where did you come from?

___

The woman knew she was falling asleep again. She also knew that she wasn't doing it herself.

She twitched as she felt something prodding against… something else… in her mind. To her it felt like a barrier of some sort was being tested. No, that can't be right… and why am I so tired? She suppressed the sudden urge to yawn- a concept alien to her because she hadn't purposefully slept since her first awakening in the forest.

Conscious thoughts melted into the recess of her mind. Her heartbeat mellowed out as she fell into a relaxing sleep full of dreams. Full of nightmares.

Marione
Marione
130 Followers