Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,989 Followers

And she didn't like the color? What a womanly reason for not liking something.

"Why don't you keep this one and sell me your old one? Everybody wins."

"Because I don't like this as well as mine. Mine has been professionally set up, that's the difference you feel. I can have this one done the same way, if you like."

"Would that change the color?"

"No, of course not."

"Then I don't want it."

Arrgh! This woman was irritating.

"Well then, we'll keep looking. I can still sell this one and make a profit."

She seemed surprised.

"Why don't you keep it, if all it needs is setting up?"

"Because it doesn't feel as good to me as mine. Besides, the color sucks."

She looked at me oddly for a second, then grinned.

"Then I guess we both have good taste, huh?"

We were just standing there, smiling, when Jimmy interrupted.

"Hey guys, I got the drums done. Let's stress test this sucker."

She plugged the 'ugly' Squire back in and I grabbed my Dan Armstrong, and we jammed for about two hours. The girl could rock out, and had some pretty decent licks.

Finally we stopped. Her face was glowing.

"Darn, I forgot how good this feels. Can we do it again next week?"

I loved her passion.

"Not next Sunday, I have plans with my girlfriend. But if you want, give me a call the first of the week. I'm usually free in the mornings."

Jimmy had a regular job and couldn't do weekday mornings, so I thought the idea was dead. Wrong as usual.

"How about Wednesday? I don't work and can come any day, usually."

We agreed to meet at the office at ten, and they left.

Jimmy called me that night to thank me for helping her.

"Thanks, Wiley. Sis has been in a rut lately, this might be just what she needs to get her going again. It's nice to see her smiling again."

There again, something wasn't being said, but I figured if they wanted me to know they would tell me eventually.

Monday and Tuesday I spent with Sammi, reconnecting. She had been working almost non stop for about three months, but were back at full staff now.

She made me think she was growing up to be a real, responsible adult. Her overtime was used to pay next quarters' tuition, with a little left over for a car fund. I was very proud.

...........................................

Moira called twice to make sure I would play with her. Sammi answered the first time and I got the third degree.

"Who is she?"

"Jimmy's sister. She wants an old Squire and I'm trying to find her one."

"Is that why she's coming over?"

"Not Wednesday. We're just going to play, I promised to help her practice."

"Why can't she practice on her own?"

"She does, but sometimes if you're playing with someone else it helps."

"Is she pretty?"

I knew I had to tread carefully here.

"Yes, she is. She's also Jimmy's sister and married. If you're uncomfortable, why don't you come with me next time? I know you have to work, it's kind of why I chose Wednesday this time, but I can do it any day."

Sammi had been with me a few times when I was showing a guitar, and she knew I had a habit of playing with other people on occasion. She also knew how bored she got while she waited for me.

"No, I don't think so. But you better be a good boy, it would be hard to play with broken fingers."

She didn't look like she was kidding.

Moira was a bundle of energy. We played old stuff, simple tunes mostly. I loved to watch her, fingers flying over the strings while she had a half smile on her face, concentrating. It was very sensual.

She was getting her licks back quickly. She was very good, one of the best I had ever seen. I told her so.

It seemed to embarrass her. I asked her why she quit playing.

"I got married, and other things took priority. But I missed it. I'm glad I met you Wiley. I think Jimmy had this in mind when he brought you over."

This made me slightly uncomfortable, but what I said next actually made her flush.

"I'm glad I met you, too. You're a really good guitarist and damn easy to look at. That combination is hard to find."

She flushed, looked down, then looked back up and grinned at me. Without saying another word she hit a power chord and we were playing again.

Before she left she asked me what I was listening to when she came in. It was Warren Haynes, his "Covers" CDs. It was actually a protracted jam with different people while he tested new bass players for his band Government Mule. I loaned them to her.

Two or three weeks went by. It was Saturday, and I was meeting a man interested in the new Squire. He looked at it and we agreed on a price. I made nine hundred off it.

He was just leaving when Jim and Moira dropped by.

"Hi, guys. What's up?"

"Nothing much. Thought we would ride over to The Guitar Shop, Moira want to play one of his guitars. She can't find anything she likes more than your Squire, so she's thinking about a new one."

I said I would love too, Sammi was at work, and it was our weekend off from the band.

We decided early on to take a weekend off every couple of months. It made the spouses happy and kept us from getting burned out. I could usually catch work with someone else if I wanted. This time, I had decided to just hang out.

Jimmy wandered over to play the drums again. I knew he was going to end up with the set. It deserved to be played by someone who could do it justice. Counting the new heads, I had about five hundred in it, and I was going to let him have it for that. He didn't know it yet, I was going to let him squirm by pretending I had people interested in it.

He wasn't broke, but money was tight. He and his wife were practicing Catholics, and he already had four kids. I figured he would end up with six or seven before it was over.

I told Moira my plan. She was touched. Then she came up with a better plan.

"Wiley, his birthday is in three weeks. Let me buy them as a present. Then we can torture him a little. Tell him they're sold. I'll surprise him with them on his birthday. After all, isn't it an older sister's right to torture her little brother on occasion?"

I loved it.

"Come on. Let's start making him miserable now."

We went to him. He wasn't even aware we were there for a few minutes. He stopped when he saw us.

"Better play the hell out of them while you can, Jim. I've got someone seriously interested in them."

You could see the disappointment plainly.

"Damn, I was hoping...never mind. Someone's going to get a hell of a kit."

Moira had an evil little smile on her face.

"well while they're here let's get a little more enjoyment out of them. I want to show Wiley a new song I've learned."

We plugged in, tuned up, and got ready to play.

I flipped out when she started. It was 'Let It Rock', the Chuck Berry tune, played note for note in Warren Haynes cover. It was my favorite of all the covers. It was straight forward rock and roll. The bass line was a standard walking blues riff played like it was trying to run a marathon. Jimmy was familiar with it because every time he was in the van with me for about three months he heard it.

Jimmy could sing it too. He had a Warren Haynes/Bob Seeger type voice that was good for about five songs a night without cracking. I stopped her.

"Wow! Let me hook a mike up for Jimmy and let's start over."

I took me a few minutes to hook up the mike and get the PA up and balanced.

"All right Jim, kick it off."

He started out with a three minute drum solo before yelling "Now, Moira!".

It was great, better than great. We must have played it six times in a row. We finally stopped, grinning like idiots.

We never did get to go look at guitars. We just played. We did 'Wild Thing', and I had Moira laughing so hard she almost missed a note when I did the kazoo solo on one of my harmonicas. Following that we did 'Paranoid', the classic Black Sabbath cover. I sang that one, She did 'Walk Like An Egyptian' and again we almost stopped because we were laughing.

Jimmy and Moira we wound tight when we stopped.

"Damn," Jimmy said, "I wish we could play for a crowd sometime."

Moira agreed.

"Yeah, I really miss it."

Neither knew, but I had the power to make it happen.

................................................

It was the Fourth of July and hotter than hell.

Every year for the last twenty years the mountain town of Crockett held their annual music festival, attracting tourists and locals alike. There were three stages, one main and two lesser, and the events were scheduled so that music was playing almost constantly for six hours over three days.I had played there before twice, with different bands.

Soundwave was officially off, so the members could spend vacation with their families. Sammi had to work, restaurants were always busy over holidays. I looked forward to doing nothing for a week. Then I got the call.

"Hey Wiley! It's Sam Wilkins. How you been?"

Sam was the was the music coordinator for the music festival, so I knew immediately this wasn't a social call.

"I'm fine, Sam. How's the festival looking this year?"

"That's why I'm calling. I need a BIG favor. Any chance your band can play Thursday and Friday for me? I wouldn't ask, but the band I booked was involved in a pile up on the way here. Broke bones and damaged equipment, you know. Any chance you can bail me out?"

I liked Sam, but I didn't think I could help him.

"Sorry, but we're on vacation and half are out of state. Can you find someone else?"

"I'm trying, but everybody is like you guys, booked or on vacation. Hell, you know everybody, can you put something together? I'll pay top dollar. Please Wiley, I'm up against it here."

I felt bad for the guy, he booked me often when I was just starting out. I was getting an idea.

"What are you looking for, musically?"

"I booked in a rock act, but anything you can come up with will work."

This was Monday. I had three days to pull a band together. I loved a challenge.

"Give me a day. I'll let you know one way or another tomorrow by the afternoon, no promise though."

After profuse thanks he hung up. I called Jimmy right away.

"Hey Jim, what are your plans this weekend?"

"Hanging around the house with a honey do list. Too broke for anything else. Why?"

"I may have something going. How would you and the family like to spend the weekend in the mountains free? Well not free exactly, we would have to play two afternoons, just two sets each time? You in?"

"I'd have to talk it over with Crystal, but it sounds great. Who we playing with?"

"So far, just you and me. I need to find a couple more. Nothing fancy, simple songs, rock based. Know anyone available? I'll be looking too. It has to be quick, we play Thursday. I'll call you in a few hours."

"Maybe, I'll check."

I pretty much struck out. Every one was either playing or out of town. I was thinking I was going to have to disappoint Sam until I called Jim back.

"Jimmy, I hope you had better luck than I did. Give me some good news."

I could hear the laughter in his voice.

"I lined up one, a pretty good singer and guitarist. Maybe we could do a three piece. Think that would fly?"

"Well, he's desperate, at this point I think he'll take anything. Who did you get?"

"Moira."

I was quiet for a moment.

"I don't know about that. It's been what, ten years since she played in front of an audience. This is a festival, it'll be a pretty big crowd. Think she can handle it?"

"If I didn't I wouldn't bring it up. You've never seen her perform, she can really work a crowd."

"All right, I'll make the call."

Sam was happy, a three piece would be fine. I told him he would have to include lodging, of course. At this late date we couldn't do it ourselves. When he asked what we needed, I told him it would be four adults and four kids, a cabin or something along that line would be nice.

He called back Tuesday and had us a house, but it was fifteen miles out of town. It did have a pool, though. That should make Jim's kids happy.

We practiced Monday night, twice Tuesday, and once Wednesday morning. We packed and left Wednesday afternoon.

Sammi was not happy, not at all. When she found out Moira was going she almost lost it. They had met, and the mutual dislike was obvious.

"What! I'm working my ass off this week while you shack up in the mountains with that red head! Bullshit, Wiley, bullshit."

I didn't understand her logic.

"In the first place, I'll be working too. And do I need to remind you, Moira is married and we're engaged. Also, Jimmy and Crystal and their kids will be right there with us. If it bothers you, take the rest of the week off and go with me."

"You know I can't do that" she snapped, "This is our busy time too. I have responsibilities, I'm trying to get the assistant manager position that's opening up."

It took a lot of discussion, but we both recognized we were letting our careers get to us. We made up, and I promised Sammi I would keep the house another few days. She would come up Saturday night and we would stay until Wednesday.

..............................................

The house was great. Secluded, with a great view of the mountains. Everyone loved the pool. We settled in quickly. Jimmie and Crystal took the big bedroom, Moira and I got the smaller ones. The kids slept in cots on the screened in porch. They loved it, it was a big adventure to them. We expected the smallest, their four year old, to sleep with Jimmy and Crystal, but she insisted she was big enough to sleep with the others. Mom and Dad had big smiles, Moira and I wondered how much sleep they would get.

We grilled burgers and dogs after the kids had a chance to play in the pool. I was put in charge of the grill while they played with them.

Moria had been in the house putting sodas in a cooler. It's a good thing the cooler was closed when she brought it out or the ice would have melted.

She barely had on a bikini. I looked at her and could hear Buster Poindexter singing "Hot, Hot, Hot" in my brain. God, she was so beautiful.

Everybody thought it was funny when I burnt the first burgers.

Jimmy saved me.

"For Gods' sake girl, put on a tee shirt before he loses consciousness from lack of blood to his brain! It's not nice to tease like that."

We both blushed and she did put on a cover. After we ate Jim and Crystal started yawning. The kids wanted to stay up and roast marshmallows. Moira and I volunteered to stay up with the kids so they could 'rest'. They almost ran to the bedroom.

We had a ball, helping the smaller ones. When we had them stuffed full of sugar we sat around and told ghost stories. I was starting to tell some really scary ones when Moira nudged me and pointed at the small ones. Their eyes had gotten huge, so I toned them down.

We had to get out the acoustic guitars and sing our small charges to sleep. I think we enjoyed it as much as they did.

After everyone was asleep I made coffee and we sat on the loveseat, enjoying the half moon over the mountain. She was cold, so I put a blanket over her.

For awhile, we just sat, enjoying the quiet. I picked up my Martin, picking out melodies and snatches of songs. It matched our mood.

I nodded towards the children.

"They're great, aren't they?"

She had a slight catch in her voice when she answered.

"Yes they are, but that might be the proud aunt talking. What about you, any children in your future?"

"I hope so, at least two. I worry though, wondering if I will be a good parent."

There was conviction in her answer.

"You'll make a great father. I've watched you with Jims', and others you come into contact with. You have a natural empathy, children trust you. It's a great quality to have."

Her opinion held a great deal of importance to me.

"What about you Moira? Ready to add a few more red headed beauties to the world?"

The depth and weight of her sadness when she answered was obvious.

"I don't think I'll have children."

I wanted to know why, of course, but a small voice in my head I had learned to trust told me to drop it. A cloud had been over the moon, but as it cleared I could swear there was tears tracks on her face. Even If it was wrong, I knew she needed a hug.

"Moira, I'm about to freeze. Share the blanket, please?"

She unwrapped and I slid underneath and snuggled her under my arm. I felt her stiffen.

"Jimmy, what are you doing?"

"Trying to get warm, and giving a hug to a friend I feel needs it. Okay?"

She sighed, leaned into me, and said okay.

We sat like that for awhile. I could feel her shaking slightly, I knew she was crying and trying to hide it. I hugged her tighter, stroking her hair.

"Whatever it is, hon, let it out. I'm here for you."

That broke the dam. I don't know why she was so sad, but she cried, quiet sobs that went on for a bit. Gradually her sobs abated and turned into quiet even breaths. She was asleep.

I should have wakened her for bed, but I selfishly held her, wondering what could cause her such pain.

It was odd. I was holding one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen, and I didn't have the first sexual thought. All I felt was love and compassion for someone who was becoming important to me. Sleep overcame me, and I gradually reclined on the loveseat, pulling Moria with me. That's where they found us the next morning.

We awoke to giggling. All the kids were watching us, Jimmy and Crystal were behind them, smirking.

Moria gave a cry and ran into the house.

I sat up and started trying to explain. Crystal laughed and held up her camera.

"Don't try to deny it. I have proof. You were sleeping with my sister in law."

She let me squirm and try to explain before relenting.

"Relax, Wiley. We know you, and we know Moria. All you did was sleep. But you should see the pictures, you two looked awfully comfortable. Like you belonged together, you know?"

I couldn't think of anything to say when Moira came back. She had showered and changed. No makeup, hair in a ponytail, jeans and a tee shirt. She looked even more beautiful than before.

"Come on, give him a break. Wiley, go shower and get changed. Breakfast in twenty, you get to wash up."

It was fun. Jimmy cooked while Moira and Crystal critiqued his skills. The kids ate like they were starving, I lost count of pancakes that came off the griddle. Judging by the dishes, at least a hundred people ate breakfast with us. Moira relented and helped me finish.

"We're on a clock, got to go get set up."

She couldn't keep the excitement out of her voice.

Crystal stayed behind, promising the kids they would walk down to the river later, then come into town for the show.

Moira, Jimmy, and I piled into the cube van that held our equipment and went to set up. We had the dubious honor of being the very first act to perform early that afternoon.

It didn't take long to set up, years of practice from Jim and myself helped.

I was on the left, Moria was on the right. She had her/my Squire. I had my Ampeg and EBO for bass. I also had my SG and Martin, just in case.

I also set up a couple of keyboards for a few songs we may or may not do.

The look on Jim's face was priceless when he saw we had packed the Ludwig kit and left his regular set at home. In the end, Moira gave me half what the drums were worth so we could share the gift.

"Happy birthday, brother mine. And this is from both of us, so don't bitch about it, all right."

He hugged and kissed her, then did the same to me, whispering "Asshole" in my ear.

..............................................

We hadn't officially named ourselves. When I called back to confirm with Sam he asked what we were called so he could have some amended flyers printed. I hadn't really given it much thought.

"Well, we're two thirds Irish, so I guess we need to come up with..."

qhml1
qhml1
8,989 Followers