Good Enough

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My taxi came and he gave me a huge, perfect kiss. I never wanted him to stop. Then he held me tight.

He said he was going to miss me something horrible. I couldn't talk, I was all choked up. I was fighting back tears as I got into the taxi.

I looked into his blue-green eyes and he said, "Goodbye, Amy."

His eyes were filled with tears. I smiled and nodded at him. I couldn't talk, I couldn't find the words. Then the taxi pulled away.

Once I got to my small apartment, I put my purse on the table and then threw myself on the bed and cried like a baby. He was going away. The best thing in my life and he was going away.

I wanted him to hold me, talk with me, and mate with me. I wanted him now. I needed him so much. I felt like a lovesick school girl. Then I thought about what had just come across my mind. Lovesick? Love? Did I love Tom? But I had only known him for a week. How? Then I cried even harder.

I cried out loud, "I do love him! I do! I love him so much!"

But I knew I wasn't good enough for a guy like him. He deserved better. Hell, any girl would be better for him then me.

I went into the kitchen and made some strawberry jam on toast. I sat at the table and came to the conclusion that Tom deserved a better love then mine.

That's when I saw an envelope sticking out of my purse. I opened it up. There was a plane ticket to Chicago and a letter.

It said: My Amy, I am writing this letter and watching you sleep. You are so beautiful. I don't know if you want to hear this but it has to be said. I love you very much, Amy. I know it has only been a week but I feel like I have know you all my life. You are funny, smart, pretty, and very lovable. As I stare at you now I know I am not good enough for a special girl like you. I know you can do a hell of a lot better then me. But my heart had to tell you how I feel about you. God, I wish you were my girl all the time. I also wish I was that dream guy you had wanted as a little girl. I would be so honored to love and take care of you and you better believe I would make babies with you in a second. I wish I were good enough for you, Sweetie, I really do. Love, Tom P.S. I put the ticket in here because I thought just in case, well, maybe you felt the same way and might love me too. If so, you can come with me and we can try that happily ever after stuff you read about in books. If I don't see you, I'll understand.


Tears ran down my face and I set the letter down. He thought he wasn't good enough for me? How could he think that?

I looked at the ticket. It was leaving at 1 p.m. from terminal 37. That gave me 20 minutes until departure. I knew it would take me 15 to get to the airport.

I looked around at the furniture. None of it was mine. I got up and laughed out loud.

I said, "No one in their right mind would go off with a guy they had fallen in love with in just one week!"

I ran for the closet and got out my over-night bag. I threw in all my clothes and any personal items I needed. I got my money box out that contained about nine thousand dollars. I didn't believe in banks.

I closed my bag and ran out the door. I gave my land lady that month and the following month's rent. I told her to go ahead and rent it out to someone else.

I stopped a taxi and told him if he got me to the airport I'd give him a hundred dollars. In the taxi I was holding the rose Tom had given me the night before and the love letter he had written to me.

I thought to myself, 'He gave me my first rose, gave me my first love letter.' I smiled to myself and thought, 'He's my first, real, and only true love.'

The taxi came to a sudden stop. Needless to say, we made it in five minutes.

I gave the driver the hundred, and ran through the airport like a crazy woman. I had two minutes left and I ran up to terminal 37 and tried to give the ticket girl my ticket.

She said, "Ma'am the plane is already gone."

I said, "No, I have two minues left."

The ticket lady said, "I'm really sorry, but it's already gone." She walked to the window and pointed, "There it goes."

I looked out the window to see the plane lift off and fly away.

I dropped my bag and then pressed my forehead and hands against the glass. I began to cry like a baby.

The ticket girl asked if I was okay.

I cried very loudly, "He doesn't know I love him! He thinks he's not good enough for me! The man I love is on that plane and he'll never know how much I love him."

I broke down completely. I was standing there, motionless against the glass, sobbing.

I felt like I wanted to die. My heart ached to feel his arms around me.

Then I heard a voice to my left. It said, "The man you love is on that plane?"

The voice sounded very familiar. I turned to my left and my mouth fell open.

The voice continued, "Well, it sucks to be me then!"

It was Tom! He was looking at the distant plane and then his eyes turned to me. A big smile came across his face.

I threw my arms around his neck and he whirled me around in his arms. My mouth was on his, our tongues played with each other. I was kissing the man of my dreams.

I told him over and over while I kissed his beautiful face repeatedly.

He place me back on the ground and I asked if he had missed his flight.

He gave me a confused look and said, "No, it hasn't left yet."

I said, "Yes, it has, " and pointed to the plane in the sky.

He shook his head no.

I said, "It says on my ticket terminal 37 leaves at one p.m."

I handed my ticket to Tom. He looked at it, smiled, and then stood next to me. He pointed to the time which said one p.m.

I said, "See?"

Then he pointed to the terminal number and said, "What does that say, Honey?"

My mouth dropped open. I said, "38."

Then he said, "And what is the flight number?"

I said, "370."

I could feel my face turning red. I began to smile.

Then over the p.a., "Flight 370 now boarding at terminal 38."

Tom put his arm around me and said, "Remember what I said in the letter about you being smart?" He then rolled his eyes.

I hit his chest and said, "Be nice to me! I was in a hurry to be with the man of my dreams."

I buried my face in his chest and he held me tight. We both laughed.

He raised my head to look at him and he said, "Let's go home, Sweetie."

He picked up my bag and we got in line.

While we were waiting to board, Tom looked at me and said, "So, you're my girl now, right?"

I grabbed his arm and said, "Forever."

Tom smiled.

I would love to tell you it was all romantic and stuff when we got home, but I can't. I went right into drug rehab for five months. I got out the first of December. It was hard but I had something to live for and I was damned if I was going to let drugs shorten the best part of my life.

I have a real home, I have the man of my dreams, and I am truely happy. At Christmas, Tom asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes.

That night Tom was in the mood to give and I was in the mood to receive. What can I say? We love Christmas!

Well, nine months later, it was my turn to give and Tom's turn to receive. On that day, I presented Tom with a beautiful baby girl.

It's funny when I look back on it, you had two people who thought they weren't good enough for anyone, only to find out they were perfect for each other.

The End

BMR

Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
Sales Team Desperate woman tries to pay back man who saves her.in Romance
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
For the Love of Holly This is a story about love and giving.in Romance
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
More Stories