Good Grief Ch. 02

Story Info
Meeting at the cemetery.
2.7k words
4.65
32.2k
26
16

Part 2 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 06/05/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Sienna got off the phone with her mom, she was drained. She was happy her mom sounded pretty good considering the day it was.

Sean was born 11 months and 5 days after her. His skin was the color of light cappuccino with brown loose curls framing his mischievous face. He had their mother's seafoam green eyes surrounded with long lashes. Sharon, Suzy and Sean had very similar features which they got from Sharon's mixed heritage.

Sienna inherited her mahogany skin color from their dad, that's about all she got from him. Sienna hadn't seen her father since he started his new family with his young wife.

While Suzy often flaunted her lighter complexion as somehow being more beautiful, Sienna was the one who often who received more compliments because of her personality. Sienna didn't care she was darker. She thought, if you have to act like Suzy to be lighter, then no thank you!

Suzy didn't understand that beauty started from within and traveled on the outside.

Sienna didn't realize she was gorgeous inside and out.

And Sean was just Sean.

He could've been the color green and still been a shameless flirt. Sean was charming and funny smothered in sweetness with a rebellious edge to him. He often led them on adventures and dares which resulted in corporal punishment.

At the age of 3, he anointed Sienna, 'Cece'. She hated the nickname and only let Sean call her that. Sean and Sienna had an uncanny ability to read and anticipate each other's thoughts and actions. But Sienna never could have foreseen Sean's words on a lunch date they had on his 18th birthday.

"Cece, I gotta talk to you."

"Yea?"

"I've joined the Army."

He held her hand across the table and waited for her response.

She laughed, "You scared the shit out of me you asshole! Don't play like that, that crap isn't funny." She started giggling and said, "Alright maybe it is kinda funny. You imagine... you in the Army? That'll be the day."

She was expecting to see his straight white teeth smiling at her, but instead was met with a solemn expression.

"You are kidding right?

"No, Cece I'm not. I leave for basic training in a month."

She looked at him with widened eyes, "But why? Why in the hell would you want to do that? It doesn't make any sense! You were just were deciding which colleges early admission you'd accept, we were looking forward to all the wild parties."

"We can still do that silly, I'm just going into the Army. I've already thought long and hard about it and have decided. This is the best fit for me. I'll get great training. When I come back I'll still be eligible for most of my scholarships and I'll get to travel the world and serve my country."

After a long stretch of silence, Sean remarked, "Imagine how much pussy I'll bring in wearing my fatigues!"

Sienna snorted and punched his arm. "You're such a pig! But really, what if something happens to you? I couldn't live with myself."

"Don't be so dramatic, Cece. You're my little soldier. You're the only other sane one in our family. I can't have you flippin' out on me too. I'll be back before you know it. You gotta have my back when I tell mom but I just had to tell you first."

A year later, Sean was killed in combat in Afghanistan. His remains were never discovered because his team was ambushed by an IED.

Her family broke that day. His military funeral service was full of people. Through all the hugs and tears, Sienna only felt...

Numb.

Her eyes focused the six honor guards, meticulously folding the flag twelve times over the casket. Each fold had a specific reason, but none of those reasons answered the question, Why?

Sienna didn't cry.

After that Sienna threw herself into school and future plans. She always had her head in the books and learned many languages. She wasn't the carefree funny woman anymore; she became serious and reserved as if she aged overnight. She dressed like a frumpy old woman, she felt she wasn't pretty and had to loose some weight so she carried herself as such. Her tightly wound bun and ill-fitting business attire had given her the appearance of a spinster.

One day, Sienna going through some boxes found the silver necklace Sean gave her before leaving. The shiny pendant glimmered in the light.

Sienna cried uncontrollably as she put the necklace on. She wore it everyday but she finally let go and started to heal.

Sienna woke from her nap when she heard a knock on the door.

She could hear the high pitched, "Open up Mami!"

"Not now," she groaned.

As she opened the door, "Nic, this is really not a good time."

Nicole pushed the door open, "Yea yea I've heard that before. Listen girl, go take a shower because we're going out tonight."

Before Sienna replied she was shaking her head, "No, I..."

"I don't wanna hear it. Go. I even brought you an outfit, because Lord knows you don't have a damn thing in that closet of yours."

Sienna sighed. It was useless to refuse her spicy Dominican friend as she was a force to be reckoned with. These days Nicole had red hair with blonde highlights. She wore it flat ironed straight tonight but her hair was actually really curly. She had light brown skin and almond-shaped brown eyes. They knew each other since the 3rd grade and have been inseparable ever since.

After accepting that resistance was futile, Sienna switched out her glasses for her contacts and finished dressing.

Nicole looked at Sienna and gasped, "Ooo mami-chula! You look so hot Ma! God damn! I need to come over more often. You're not even gonna recognize yourself."

Sienna moved to her floor length mirror and her eyes widened.

"No fucking way." Sienna murmured. The woman looking back at her in the mirror was gorgeous. The lavender sweater dress she wore hugged her curves perfectly. Her tiny waist and curvy hips and thighs made her look like she had gotten body enhancing surgery. Her long silky hair fell around her face in perfect soft waves. Even her makeup was flawless; her smoky shadow made her hazel eyes look cat-like. Her mocha skin seemed to glow with the light.

"I know... I know... I'm da shit." Nicole said she feigned blowing her nails. Then Nicole laughed and gave Sienna a tight hug.

"I don't know why I stopped dressing up. I guess I just wanted to disappear in the background. Thanks Nic, leave it to you to become a fairy godmother. Though, I'd be a little concerned where your magic wand has been." Sienna said as she laughed.

Nicole threw her middle finger up at her and laughed too.

"I've got the perfect shoes to match this."

"I'm sure you do. You got a freakin' shoe store up in here. ¡Vámonos! Let's go!"

They hit a popular club and danced until they couldn't move anymore. All the while dancing and laughing and giggling at the weirdoes that would try to talk to them. When they crashed back at Sienna's place they were exhausted.

"I really needed this Nic. Thanks."

"I know pookie. I know you so well; sometimes I think I birthed you. Today is hard on all of us."

They heard a knock on the door. Sienna looked at Nicole and then at the clock. It was 2am, "I was wondering if she was gonna show up." Sienna said.

"Yea let that bitch in." Nicole said.

Sienna opened her door to her find her sister Suzy looking at her with puffy green eyes. Suzy had the tiniest dress on and tall spiked heels. Her eye makeup smudged and was sniffing and rubbing her nose. Her appearance made her look like a high class escort who just lost a client.

"I woke up thinking about him and I swear it was like he was in the room. He was going on and on about this hot new movie we had to go see. And then he started comparing someone's booty to someone else's." Suzy sniffed and then giggled.

Sienna and Nicole laughed. "Yea that sounds like Sean." Sienna said.

"What's up bitch?" Suzy said when she fully entered the apartment.

"Nothin' much, whore." Nicole countered.

They both laughed and gave each other a hug. It had always been this way with them. It's was a love/hate relationship. Sienna could never figure which one was greater the love or the hate but at the moment, on Sean's day, it was love.

Two hours later they drank, they laughed and they cried recounting funny stories of Sean. This reminded Sienna she had to go drop some flowers at his gravesite tomorrow morning.

Suddenly Suzy turned to Sienna and said, "There's something different about you."

"Duh, you ass, I gave her a makeover."

"Well sorry! I've been a little preoccupied lately. But you look cute, Sienna." Suzy remarked in a fake voice.

Sienna smiled. "Thanks, Suze. I feel pretty. I'll see if I let this look come out to play more often. Well, I'm going to bed. You girls play nice. The guest bedroom is all made up soo, good night."

The next morning after breakfast, Suzy left first saying she had somewhere she had to be. Her older sister came and went depending on what the better offer was.

Sienna was fine with it. It wasn't like Suzy's presence was sought after. Suzy produced four phases of aggravation.

First, she was always really late to meet up as if the world revolved around her.

Second, she would dominate every conversation. She would whine and complain if something wasn't to her liking.

Third Suzy was a brazen flirt with any living, breathing male, even ones accompanied by their girlfriends or wives. On occasions when a cute guy would take interest in Sienna, Suzy would say mean and embarrassing about Sienna as a child. Then she would try her best to grab the man's attention and then act like he was interested in her all along.

Fourth Suzy loved to get drunk so she could capture even more attention. This included dancing on tables or flashing people her boobs. She called it 'being free' but it was downright ridiculous.

By the 3rd phase, Nicole was ready to fight her. Not literally but symbolically or so it sounded by Nicole telling her off. This resulted in Suzy whining and crying and getting drunk towards the fourth phase.

To Sienna it just wasn't worth the headache. She loved her sister but she didn't necessarily like her.

The cemetery was quiet with just rustling leaves and chirping birds. It was a clear sunny day. Sienna made her way towards Sean's tombstone.

The inscription read, Sean Matthew Johnson....1988-2007....Never to be forgotten.

As she was walking back to the car she heard a thunderous roar. The sound was so raw, so unnerving that Sienna stood still, looking in the direction of the sound.

She noticed a tall man slumped over a tombstone. She was about to keep walking and ignore him but there was a nagging feeling in her gut that said approach him.

Sienna walked towards the plot and noticed it was a recent burial. She walked up but didn't say anything. Sienna felt that the man would speak if he needed to but at least he wasn't alone.

_________________

Jason had been in agony the past week. Jason remembered having a 'double feature' on Friday. He had Tiffany in his office and Rebecca ambushed him at his apartment. He remembered waking up to an empty bed when the phone rang.

Jason grabbed the phone and didn't recognize the number. "What the hell! Who's calling me at 7am on a Sunday morning?"

What he heard knocked the wind out him. Time stood still and he was paralyzed. The only words he distinguished were mother... hospital... aortic aneurysm ... resulted in death.

From that time until now everything had been a blur. He was on his way home but something impelled him to go to the gravesite. It had been a week and he couldn't believe she was gone.

He was so angry at himself. He hadn't seen or talked to her in over a month. If he would've been a better son maybe she would have known how much she meant to him. All Francis ever wanted was time with her son.

I am one low-life motherfucker! Jason angrily thought. How could he? He felt like punching something.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!" he roared panting, clenching his fists while looking up at the sky. He deflated and slumped over the tombstone.

Francis was all Jason had. And after all Francis sacrificed for him, he ignored her call.

"I ignored her call!"

He missed out on an opportunity to hear her voice or maybe get her to the hospital on time. And now all he was left with was regret, anguish and shame. He couldn't remember the last time he slept or ate or took a shower for that matter.

He started to cry, sob actually. He couldn't stop the tears from falling nor did he care. He just wanted her back, he wished he could trade places with her.

He felt like shit of the dirtiest kind.

_________________

Sienna gave the man some space. She wasn't sure if he knew she was there. When she heard him crying; she didn't even think about it, she approached him and pat his arm in comfort.

Jason didn't know who was there but turned around and hugged her tightly.

He vaguely noticed how soft her hair was and how good she smelled. He continued to cry until he composed himself. The woman reached in her bag and handed him several tissues which Jason gratefully accepted.

"I'm so sorry, I've never cried like this before." Jason said in a hoarse voice after blowing this nose.

"It's ok; we all need to let it out." Sienna replied releasing a small smile.

Jason looked down at this beauty and his mouth went dry. She was stunning. She had mocha colored skin that let off a reddish glow and expressive light brown eyes topped off with perfect kissable lips.

"I'm Sienna." she said extending her hand.

"Jason."

Sienna looked down and realized he shook her hand with the one he blew his nose with.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" Jason exclaimed.

"No worries, it's just a little snot; I've got some hand sanitizer in my bag..."

Jason stared at her.

Her beautiful mouth moved but he didn't hear word she said. Sienna looked at him waiting for a response.

"Hey are you ok? You look a little pale."

"Yea, I'll be fine. I'm sorry; I'm just a little out of it lately since my mom's passing."

"I'm so sorry for your loss...You want to talk about it?"

Jason shrugged his shoulders.

Sienna nodded and understood that as a no, "Before I leave, I want you to know when you're ready to talk about it... people will listen." She dug in her purse and wrote on a receipt.

"Here's my name and email, if you ever want to talk."

Jason watched her go and thought why on earth God just blessed him with a moment with that angel.

________________

Sienna drove home and thought of the man she just met, Jason. She didn't know what prompted her to walk over or hug him. What Sienna saw was a broken man. Her heart went out to him as he wept for his mother.

Sienna felt his hardened muscles through his coat. She shivered as she embraced his massive frame and she felt herself get a little wet. Sienna kicked herself at how inappropriate she was being. Here was a man in mourning and she was having some very naughty thoughts about his body.

His face knocked her off kilter. He had piercing slate blue eyes; they were the color of ominous thunder clouds. Even though he had dark circles and his golden skin looked ashen, he was still a gorgeous guy. If he contacted her she'd be there for him as a friend.