Grace Ch. 09

Story Info
Rough Day.
1.9k words
4.19
10k
0

Part 9 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/03/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, well, well, what have we here? If it isn't Gracie the barista with the art degree she couldn't manage to put to decent use. So classic yet so tragic." Bethany rests her hands on her hips and smirks at me.

"What do you want?" I ask, blankly.

I am trying not to panic, but I can't help but to become overwhelmed with questions. How did Bethany find me or know that I worked here? What, in fact, does she want? Knowing her, it's nothing kind or good. I thought I had gotten rid of her from my life, but now what do I do?

I think back, and it was Nicole who helped me escape that relationship two years ago when Bethany's emotional abuse turned physical. It was Nicole who has offered to become roommates so that I could move out. Nicole was my lifeline the last time Bethany was in my life and now that we're fighting, how can I face her? I feel utterly defenseless.

"So forward," she chides.

Then she walks away from the counter and into the middle of the dining area. The door opens and in walks Brad, at the worst possible time, waving enthusiastically in my direction, a pink gift back clutched in his hand.

Bethany makes her proclamation to the entire café, "I want you, Café people, to know that your wholesome little barista is a lesbian and I'm not going to let her hide it from you anymore."

The crowd murmurs, confused and disrupted. Bradley stares at me in disbelief. "What is she saying Grace?" he asks quietly, approaching the counter.

"She's just lying, Brad. She's my Ex."

"So then, you are a lesbian," he concludes.

"No. Don't believe anything she says!"

"I don't even know who's lying or what to believe. Is this why you're not wearing your necklace,?" he says, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Brad, no, that's not-"

"-Save it," he cuts me off, "I think I need a break from us, Grace. I...I was starting to get the feeling you didn't like me, but I'm not going to let you use me to hide behind if you're actually gay."

"I think it's time both of your friends leave," interrupts Michelle, clearly unamused at the scene.

Brad shakes his head, staring at between Bethany and myself with bewilderment, and then the door chimes as he hurries out, still holding what I assume would have been a gift for me if I hadn't just been broken up with.

Bethany strolls back to the counter and locks eyes with me, "You're welcome."

I had wanted to end things with Brad, but smoothly, not like this. He was a good enough guy and didn't deserve to be hurt this way, so publicly.

"What is wrong with you!?" I snap at her.

"Grace!" Michelle scolds, reminding me that I am still her employee. "Ma'mm," Michelle directs her hard expression towards Bethany, "I cannot tolerate this kind of treatment of our employees and customers and am going to have to ask you to leave."

But Bethany carries on, uninterrupted, her eyes, deep wells of brown locked into mine, "What's wrong with you? You think you can just move out of Elon and leave your past behind? You think anyone but me will ever put up with all of your," she waves her hand in a circle in front of my face "...issues?"

"Shut up," I warn.

"Ma'mm, I am calling the authorities if you do not leave immediately."

"I did you a favor." Bethany continues, "When Sky told me she'd seen your face in town, I didn't believe her at first. Really, Grace, you tried to run away from your past in the next town over? Do you know how long it took me to drive to Asheville? Not even three hours on the god damn high way. And you're stupid enough to think I'd never find you here." "And what do I find when I get here? A sad little coffee girl hiding her identity and throwing away her life on some loser boy way out of your league. I'll always find you Grace, You know why? Because I can help you. You'll always be sad and confused about life without my guidance. You need me."

Tears sting my eyes even though I would give anything not to cry in front of this woman. Her words hit a deep truth in my gut. I used to believe every word of what she was saying. Bethany was my reason for rising in the morning and the last thought on my mind before bed. She made all of the decisions for us as a couple because she'd say I was too anxious or too immature. She even chose my collage major. I really believed I was nothing without her. But that, too, was a lie.

"Fuck you, Bethany!" I scream, hatred and aching sadness in my voice. The entire café turns to stare at me. A few people stand up the leave. Oh god, I've made a spectacle of myself. How am I going to possibly turn this around? "I'm out, you know how to reach me when you need me." Bethany says coolly, and follows the customers out the door.

"A word," Michelle says quietly, gesturing for me to follow her into the break room. She stands, arms crossed with her back against a pile of cardboard boxes, the espresso shipment from the smell, and I stare I stare at her, still in shock. "Why didn't you call the police?" I ask.

"She didn't do anything illegal, Grace, and she did leave on her own, thankfully." I nod, still wishing I'd had gotten to see Bethany dragged off by cops, and Michelle softens her gaze on me, looking sympathetic.

"I need to talk to you, Grace. My parents founded 85 on a foundation of faith and good morality and I don't think that we can, in good conscience, allow you to work here given your lifestyle choices."

"You mean...because I'm Bisexual." I laugh, "Because that's really going to influence the coffee."

Michelle frowns, "I'm afraid I'm serious. You're a sweet girl, Grace, but, given the situation, I have to ask that you find a new place of employment."

--

I've done a pretty good job of keeping myself from crying on the car ride home. Instead, I've formulated a long list of ways I might apologize to Nicole, insist that she was always right, and plead her forgiveness.

But when I open the door and call her name, there's no response. Of course, it's still the afternoon and she's still at work. I sigh at the reminder of my own dismal situation and start disrobing on my way to my room. When I get to my bed, I'm just in my underwear and I happily kick those off as well. If there's no one home anyway, there's no reason to wear clothes.

I rock backwards, grabbing my sketch pad and pencil from my night stand, then cross my legs and rest the pad on my lap. I decide if anything will distract me from all of this, it's my art. I relax my eyes and my mind and let my hand start to sketch shapes without really trying to direct it.

I realize I am drawing a figure of a woman, so I shape her in. She is fit but curvy with wide hips, kneeling with hands in her lap. She looks a bit too much like myself, I do hate when I do that. So I give her fat ringlet curls, the opposite of my straight, glossy red hair and plump, sexual lips, nothing like my lips that are thin and a little uneven.

My figure looks incredibly sexual, now that I notice it. Her position reminds me of just last night when I was in the very same position with Richard and Catherine, except I was bound in rope. Then I get an idea. I draw twisting strands of rope around her chest and breasts in the way I remember being tied. I'm excitedly erasing and making slight changes, showing how the tightness of the rope puckers her skin, parting her full lips. I find the sight of this girl I've created, this almost-me, kneeling and bound so beautiful and I feel myself excitedly taking in big breaths of air. I imagine myself as her, bound again, with her beauty and perfection, without anything to be self-conscious about. How amazing that would be.

I erase the gentle lines of her neck and add a final detail, a thin collar. And it is as if I am looking at an image of my ideal self, free and self-confident, all my anxieties and worries placed in the hands of someone else for a short while. I find myself missing Richard and Catherine, as if my absence from them has spanned days, not hours. Somehow, I feel like, if I were with them, I wouldn't feel this pain.

I notice the leather bracelet around my wrist rubbing the paper. It is like an invisible link to them.

"What if," I hear myself whisper.

And before I can give myself time to second guess, I unsnap the bracelet and slide it through my fingertips. I bring it to my face and drawn in the earthy leather smell, feeling myself grow wet at the idea of what I'm about to try. I take an end in each hand and bring them together at the back of my neck, snapping the braided piece in place like a choker, except, no, of course not: like a collar.

I abandon the sketchpad and throw myself backwards into my bed, falling recklessly into my comforter like a joyous animal. I let my right hand slide down the curve of my body, towards my growing desire. I keep my left hand at my neck, grasping and feeling how the leather sits against my skin. I imagine it truly is a collar. That it is held on with a lock, fastened to a leash, led by someone I can trust with my life. My hand slips between my legs and effortlessly parts my lips, slick with wetness. I moan in response and rub, faster and faster.

Usually I start these sessions slowly, sensuously, but not today. It builds much too quickly, and I am overcome with lust at the fantasy of being collared. The feel of the leather around my neck makes me feel untamed and I am rolling my head from side to side, tangling my hair. I thrust my fingers inside myself, flexing them with an intense rhythm and I allow guttural sounds, so different than my normal, demure moans, to come forth.

Yes, I am enslaved, taken, a pet, owned. I am not Grace Meadow; I am just a girl, a beautiful girl with full lips and curly hair, naked and bound for the pleasure of another. I exist to experience pleasure and pain and joy and bliss. My job isn't to think but to feel. And I will feel any sensation no matter how intense if it pleases my owner, oh god yes. The fantasy of being totally taken and used engulfs me and I shudder around my aching hand, coming fast and hard.

I lay, panting and blissfully high, still gracing the leather fastened around my neck.