Graduation Trip

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers

After a few seconds of this self appraisal I went back out into the room. Matt looked like he couldn't help himself and he stared. I felt a little heat rising to my face as he studied me, but after a few seconds he said, "I'm sorry for staring, Lauren, but you look fantastic. You are one very hot girl."

I'm not sure what surprised me the most. His apology or his assessment. I knew I was OK but I had never considered myself really hot. Still I could tell from his tone and his look that he was not just saying that. He really thought so and that revelation made me feel really pleased inside. I finally managed to reply, "That's all right. I'm not that good but I'm glad you seem to think so."

With some fairly strong emotion in his voice he said, "Yes you are that good. Don't put yourself down." Before I could think of anything to say he turned and made his own way into the bathroom.

While Matt was in the bathroom I pulled down the covers on my bed. As I heard him moving around inside it suddenly occurred to me that while I had been thinking about my own nightwear I had given no thought whatsoever to what Matt would wear. He hadn't taken any pajamas in with him and the thought suddenly popped into my head that I wondered if he slept nude. It was such a startling thought that my hand jumped to my mouth in surprise and I found myself just staring at the bathroom door. No, even if he did usually, I'm sure he wouldn't tonight.

In another minute the question was answered when he emerged from the bathroom wearing just a pair of boxers. I've said that Matt would qualify as a hunk and it was even more apparent now. I'll admit that I stared a little also. I think he must have noticed because he gave me a quick little smile as I realized what I was doing and suddenly pulled my eyes away. I tried to cover my embarrassment by saying, "Well, it's only fair. You looked at me, didn't you?"

He laughed and replied, "Certainly, although I'm sure I got the better deal. You can look at me as long as I get to look at you, although if I do much of that I'll probably have to turn my back to keep from embarrassing both of us." Then after a few seconds he added, "Seriously, Lauren. We will probably be seeing each other quite a bit if we are going to share a room. Let's just try to not let it bother us. Or I should say, not let it bother us in a bad way. I definitely find that looking at you bothers me in a most delightful fashion." He followed this with looking me slowly up and down. This time the rise in heat didn't seem to all be in my face.

The next morning I woke before the alarm went off and since Matt was still asleep I went ahead and took my shower. When I came out of the bathroom, dressed in a shirt and cutoff jeans, Matt was awake and his eyes definitely followed me across the room before getting up and heading in to shower and shave himself. I haven't mentioned that Matt was clean shaven which I appreciated. I know some girls find it sexy if a man looks like he hasn't shaved for a couple of days, but I think that those guys just look sloppy. To me a guy who looks like that is more of a turnoff than anything else.

We decided to stop at a McDonalds drive through and get something for breakfast so by seven we were on the interstate heading west once more. We followed I-90 on up into Montana and across until we turned south to go into Yellowstone. It was sometime between five and six when we got to the park. I had a reservation for a room just outside the park. It was just in my name but when I registered and listed number of persons as two, there was no comment. Inside we again found a pair of queen sized beds. No real differences from the last night.

We still had enough time to make a quick trip into the park before night, so we headed over, stopping to pay the entrance fees, and then proceeded south. There was a picnic ground along the way but we decided to go get something to eat at one of the park coffee shops instead of cooking our own supper. It would cost a little more but we decided we could afford it. Actually neither of us really felt like cooking anything, not to mention cleaning up, after the long day.

We finally got back to our room about nine forty-five and again headed right to our - separate - beds.

We woke by six thirty, made trips to the bathroom and then set to finding some fast food for breakfast. After this we would be fixing meals ourselves most of the time and we had stopped the day before to get some groceries so we had enough in the cooler and car to last us several days. Now we headed back into the park.

Yellowstone is a huge park, about 3500 square miles. The road around it is about one hundred forty miles, so we weren't going to see everything in one day. Actually we had another three nights before we had anywhere in particular to be. I had a reservation at Signal Mountain Lodge in the Grand Teton park on Saturday. This was Tuesday so we decided to just camp and explore Yellowstone for the next three days.

That is exactly what we did. We found a campground and picked out a spot and quickly set up a tent. I had brought my own small back packing tent and Matt had the larger dome tent he and Tyler had planned to share, but since we had already shared a motel room, Matt and I decided to share a tent as well. If I am honest I'm sure part of this was because we both liked the idea of sleeping so near to each other. Once our campsite was established we set off to see some of the wonders of the park.

Each day we would drive to some part of the park. We spent time looking at several geyser basins where water suddenly spurted many feet in the air. There were also a number of hot springs where the temperature of the pools of water ranged from just slightly warm to near boiling. Each temperature had its own ecosystem with the color varying from greens and blues in the cooler ones to reds and browns in the hotter regions.

There were herds of bison, some moose, and a variety of other wildlife. There were the Paint Pots which were another set of hot pools with colored muds of a whole spectrum of colors. At Mammoth Hot Springs we walked among the vast "frozen falls" of white mineral deposits left by the overflowing springs. At the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River we followed Uncle Tom's Trail down towards the river. This trail is only a half mile long but drops a thousand feet in that short distance. At the altitude of the park - more than seven thousand feet above sea level - it is quite a work out for even people in great shape if they are not used to the thinner air.

We had camped at Mammoth but decided to move to Grant Village towards the south end of the park so we wouldn't have so far to go to see things in that area. Most of the campgrounds are aimed at people with RVs. Not what I consider "real" camping - I'm a backpacker, after all. Not to mention that they cost about twenty-five dollars a night. Still, they did have showers and nice restrooms.

There was one other thing about that week. On Thursday I decided I had better call my parents and let them know that Tyler had left us. I didn't want them finding out from, say , my uncle. I had dreaded this task but surprisingly it turned out not to be too bad. I made the call about six in the evening when I knew they would both be home. After about a thousand questions and answers about how the trip was going and if I was enjoying myself and so on, I finally managed to bring up the real subject of the call. I told them about how Tyler had taken off the second morning with a girl he met. Both of my parents were on the line and I heard my father laugh. Then he said, "I'm not too surprised. I've told my brother he was going to have trouble with him if he kept letting him get away with things so easily."

My mom asked, "What about you? What are you doing about it?"

I replied, "Matt and I decided to continue on as planned. As you pointed out, my rooms are already paid for and there can be no refund. We have the camping gear so the only real change is that Matt will be by himself." I didn't dare mention that we were now sharing rooms.

I couldn't hear just what they said but I could hear my parents talk with each other for a little bit. Then my dad asked, "You sure everything is all right? You're OK for money and everything?"

I let my breath out. "Sure. Nothing has really changed for me." While not completely true, nothing was changing as far as expenses were concerned.

They spoke to each other quietly again for a few seconds and then mom said, "Well, you're eighteen and I guess you can handle things just as well. If you run into any problems, don't be afraid to give us a call."

Maybe they did realize I was growing up. Maybe even more than I had myself. I thanked them and assured them I'd let them know if there was any problem. As for as my sleeping arrangements, I decided they didn't really need to know.

Friday night was to be our last in Yellowstone and that afternoon we finally made it over to Old Faithful, probably the best known geyser in the world. We spent an hour or so walking around the area, looking at the big geyser as well as a number of other things and finally decided to go to the restaurant for dinner instead of back to the campsite. We lingered over the meal and spent some more time in the gift shop, mostly just looking at all the silly stuff tourists would buy.

We were just getting ready to leave as the sun was setting when we noticed that the moon looked huge as it was coming up. Matt checked and it was a full moon that night and the weather was clear so we decided to stick around a little longer and maybe catch Old Faithful erupting in the moonlight.

Over the week Matt and I had become much more relaxed with each other. Any nervousness at spending our nights together had disappeared. Moreover we were finding ourselves attracted to each other. We seemed to find that we were holding hands as we walked and talk between us was easy and relaxed.

Now as dark settled over the area we walked out along the trails and boardwalk surrounding the geyser. The full moon was flooding everything with a silvery light and the warm night air moved with a very gentle breeze. We certainly weren't alone - not at one of the most frequented parks in the country - but there actually weren't too many people out here now. Mostly other couples. We stopped in a shadowed area where we could watch for the eruption. They post the approximate time of the next expected one, but it's never exact. We were just leaning against the rail, watching so we didn't miss it, and Matt's arm went first around my shoulders and then down around my waist. I moved slightly against him, relaxing in his space as he seemed to enfold me, and leaned my head against him. We stayed like that for perhaps five minutes or so when suddenly the column of water began to rise from the ground. The moonlight turned the spray to pure silver and we stared transfixed as it rose higher and higher before feathering away in the slight breeze. Suddenly the breeze decided not to be quite so gentle and a sudden gust moved the spray in our direction. We didn't get soaked or anything but there was a definite mist which made its way in our direction and successfully found us.

As the water dampened us and the breeze cooled it considerably, Matt and I both laughed at the humor of the situation. The geyser had once again retreated to rest below the surface and a number of the other watchers had started back to their rooms or cars or where ever, leaving only a few couples still standing around. I wiped some mist from my face and turned to Matt and saw he had droplets on the ends of his nose and eyelashes. I reached up and lightly wiped some of the dampness from his nose and forehead. He turned to me and smiled. Then suddenly we were both frozen. It might have only been seconds or it could have been hours as far as I could tell, but for whatever time it was, neither of us moved. Then, very slowly, Matt moved. He moved towards me and I felt my heart beating more rapidly as he approached but I made no move to retreat. Nothing of the kind. I wanted to move myself, but towards him rather than away, although I couldn't seem to make myself respond. Instead I remained frozen. This didn't stop him as I felt his lips touch mine and then I was able to move, pressing mine against his as I actually felt that kiss flow into me and throughout my whole body.

When we finally ended it we both pulled back if only a couple of inches, startled by what had happened. Startled, but not unhappy. In fact we decided to repeat it. Not just once but a number of times. Again after some unknown period of time we at last broke apart and hand in hand headed back to the car.

When we finally climbed into our sleeping bags that night we turned towards each other and it seemed quite natural to come together for a good night kiss. In fact several until, as if we both suddenly realized what would happen if we continued, we gave one more quick one and then separated. I know I went almost immediately to sleep, but my dreams were filled with uncertain expectations of what would come with the daylight.

In the morning we again woke at nearly the same time and quite naturally shared another kiss, but a fairly quick one this time. Then, surprisingly, we got up, went for showers, fixed breakfast, and continued much the same as any other day. We quickly broke camp and piled into the car to start south to Grand Teton.

The Tetons are part of the Rockies and are young mountains. Sharp peaks, deep valleys, some worn into a "U" shape by the glaciers but others still retaining their sharp "V"s. As we moved south from Yellowstone we began to see these peaks on our right. By the time we got to the park itself they were even more magnificent than I had ever imagined even after looking at about a million pictures. We decided to stop at Colter Bay for a quick look around before going on south to the Signal Mountain Lodge where I had reservations.

It turned out to not be so quick a look after all and we ended up spending several hours there. Colter Bay is a bay on the large Jackson Lake which spreads for miles at the eastern foot of the mountains. Located at Colter Bay are cabins, a campground, a visitor center and a number of other things. We ate a quick lunch in the coffee shop and then visited the gift shop and visitor center. We also found there is a trail that runs about a half mile or so around an island reached by a causeway. We couldn't resist this and it turned out to be a wonderful introduction to the park with spectacular views of the mountains on the far side of the lake as well as an abundance of wildlife, including deer that seemed not afraid of us at all.

Walking around the island we discovered we were better off than a lot of people in that we had had most of the week to acclimate to the altitude. The lake is about 7500 feet above sea level and the mountains rise another six thousand beyond that. Until they get some exercise at these altitudes, we were warned, many "flatlanders" find they can barely walk even if they are used to exercising at lower levels.

Altogether it was near six by the time we left to drive on south. When we arrived at Signal Mountain Lodge I suggested that Matt check on dinner hours in the restaurant while I checked in, so he headed one way while I moved on to the desk. We could have both gone to both places but I had a special reason for wanting to check in by myself. I kept being surprised by it even though I had made the decision earlier. It just seemed so unlike me that I had trouble believing I was really doing this.

Anyway, they had my reservation. The rooms were actually separate log type cabins, many with fireplaces, I got the keys for ours and informed them there would be two of us instead of the one that had originally been stated. There was no problem with this and no additional cost. Then I went over and met Matt at the restaurant and handed him his key.

He said, "They'll still be serving for awhile, so we've got time."

"Good. But I'm hungry now. Let's eat and then we can go over to the cabin."

He gave a little laugh and said, "Sure. Wouldn't want you to starve, now would I." I had a reason for wanting to wait but I wasn't ready to tell him.

We entered the restaurant and looked at the posted menus. The prices might have been a little high, but I knew in the park they would be. Still they weren't so outrageous that it would break us and the choices looked really good. We were seated where we could look out the big windows across the lake to the towering peaks and were asked about drinks. Matt looked at me and I think he was wondering if I wanted to try and order something alcoholic, but I was sure we would be asked for IDs if we did. Besides, I had no interest in getting drunk. I would have liked some wine, but it wasn't a big deal. (Yes, I knew what it tasted like. Actually my parents had occasionally let me have a little at meals for a couple of years, even if never more than a glass or two. I had come to like the taste.) We ordered soft drinks instead.

I finally chose the trout while Matt had a steak. When the food came it was wonderful. We spent over an hour at the meal, even ordering a desert, which we split. When the check came Matt would not even let me see it. I expected to pay my share but he told me, "Not tonight. I'll take care of it."

We left the restaurant and I took Matt's hand and tugged him down towards the shore. We continued to walk for a while, constantly looking to the magnificent view across the lake. The mountains stuck up almost another mile and a half, sharp slopes and snow topped peaks even at this time of year. I had read that they were named by early French explorers and teased Matt that he was so interested in them because the name translated to "Big Boob." Still, I had to admit that I found them just as fascinating as Matt and really doubted that the name had anything to do with the interest of either of us.

The air was calm and that meant the lake was flat so that the reflection of the mountain peaks was as still as the actual mountains themselves. There were some clouds in the sky above. Mostly fluffy white but some with darker gray centers. As dusk fell they were back lighted by the setting sun which turned their edges to molten gold. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful sunset.

We continued to walk along the shore and as the sun was finally going down moved among some trees between the cabin area and the campgrounds. Here we were fairly isolated and with almost no real thought by either of us we turned together and were soon lost in a deep kiss. We repeated this a number of times until with a sigh I lay my head against Matt's shoulder. He looked down at me and said, "You know, Lauren, I'm very, very glad you came on this trip. I'm also glad Tyler took off when he did."

I turned my head and smiled up at him. "No more than I am glad I came. As for my cousin, well, I don't think he could have done anything to make the trip better." Matt gave a little laugh and we again became lost in a long kiss.

When we finally pulled apart I was surprised to see that it was nearly dark. Also the air had cooled considerably. In the thin air of the mountains the temperature dropped rapidly when evening came. I was still dressed in shorts and a light shirt and while Matt had on jeans, his shirt was no heavier than mine. A slight breeze had arisen and now I suddenly shivered as a gust passed over us.

"Cold?" Matt asked.

"A little," I replied. "Let's go get our things and take them into the cabin. There's even a fireplace so you can build a fire for us."

"A fireplace? Really? That will be nice." Then still hand in hand we made our way back to the car in the big lot and climbed inside for the short drive over to the cabin. We were able to park just outside and each of us picked up the small duffles we were using and headed to the door. Matt unlocked the door and held it for me and then followed me inside.

jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers