Gravity Capture

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They're heading for New Haven? Miller, have you washed the contacts through the SARS?"

Lt. Kelly sipped soy-caff from a thermal mug and peered over the lip of it at the sensor display.

"Yes, sir. Analysis says that the first contact was EuroCon for sure, sir. SARS identified the jump signature as the… the Meteor." Miller said and cringed as Lt. Kelly gasped, then choked on the swallow of soy-caff he had just taken.

"Meteor? That's impossible. Run it again."

"I did, sir. It came back the same. Contacts two, three, and four have been cataloged as Seydlitz, and Kormoran two-four."

"Those ships belonged to Five Kreigsmarine. They've been declared lost." Kelly said. Miller leaned away from his display screen so the watch officer can see the data with his own eyes.

"I understand that, sir, but I ran an error check and it came back negative. Those contacts are authentic."

"Do we have an exercise laid on?"

"No, sir. Frontier Strike isn't scheduled to start for another forty-eight months."

"Then tell me what they are instead of what they aren’t.”

"Sir, the only group we have coming is Task Force Romeo, but they aren't due for another eleven cycles. I'd bet a month's pay that Five Kreigsmarine shot the Big Deep and that was them heading back to New Haven."

Lt. Kelly tapped a code into the vid-com next to the display and then drummed his fingers impatiently. The Zebra Station OIC appeared on screen.

"Admiral Riviera."

"Lieutenant Kelly here, sir, in sensor control. Our control zone has been breached. The computer identified the contacts as heavy elements of Five Kreigsmarine.”

“What?” Admiral Riviera said, his eyes growing wide. “What happened?”

“They came out of the rift at full transit speed and went right by our sensor line on a vector for Pi Ursae Majoris. Initial event time is at H plus six point one-three. "

"Did you run an error check on the system?"

"Yes, sir, twice. Both times negative."

"Packet all available data from the event and send it out on the next couriers to Sol, Forty-Seven Ursae Majoris, and Sixty-one Virginis."

"Yes, sir." Lt. Kelly said and wondered what, exactly, the admiral wanted to hear. He wasn’t the sort of man to believe in ghosts.