Gray Jedi Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
auguy86
auguy86
1,175 Followers

"We're here," Baze said, piloting them into a small cave. "I'll stay here and keep watch. Chirrut, can you show them what they need to see?"

"Absolutely. Here, everyone grab a pack of supplies. We're going underground, so it will get extremely cold. Each backpack has a personal emergency heater should you need it."

Once everyone had their gear, Chirrut led the group down a set of carved stairs within the cave. Though the Jedi had to remain on alert to keep up in the dark, even with lamps, Chirrut pressed on without hesitation. He was, after all, a man living in eternal darkness; a cave did nothing to frighten him. Soon, the group reached a large stone door.

"Here it is. Stand back, please," Chirrut said.

Reaching out with his hands, Chirrut began to feel for the engraving on the surface of the door. Malik and Jax shined their lights in his direction and saw that he was twisting a trio of stone circles, each within the previous one. After several minutes of making sure everything was aligned, Chirrut pressed the circles into the door, causing the ridges on them to light up and form the emblem of the Jedi. A moment later, the door whooshed open.

"Follow me, my friends, and be careful not to touch anything," Chirrut said, beginning to work his way through the winding tunnels.

"Great idea: the blind leading the blind. What could go wrong?" Malik remarked, eliciting nervous laughter from the group.

"Of course, as Master Kenobi would say, 'Who is truly blind? The blind man leading, or the blind womp rats following'?" Serra replied.

"In fact, I have heard him use that precise saying," Chirrut chuckled. "Master Kenobi was one of the Jedi that helped us redesign our defenses a few years ago. He and Master Yoda arrived one day and told us that a great war had just begun and that the Sith were on the rise once more. They were the last Jedi we had seen until today."

"Must have been right after the First Battle of Geonosis," Jax realized.

"Indeed. Be careful where you step, my friends. Our modifications are specifically designed to ensnare Force-sensitive individuals, and the Sith in particular," Chirrut warned.

"Wow... what is this?" Laranth whispered. "It looks like a carving of... a kyber crystal!"

"That's really intricate," Jax agreed, stepping up close behind her to get a better look. "Huh... there's some writing at the bottom, but it's covered in dust."

As Jax began to wipe away the dust, Chirrut shouted, "Don't touch that!"

It was too late. Jax's touch had triggered a trapdoor beneath him and Laranth, sending them down a chute. They slid down a short ways before the chute deposited them into a square holding cell of some kind. All four walls were made of solid metal, with only a single door and a small window to see out of.

"Ah!"

"Laranth, you alright?" Jax asked, landing on top of her.

"Yes... yes, I'm fine," she replied, realizing his body weight was on top of her and their faces inches apart. Laranth rather liked that. "Um..."

"Oh, sorry!" Jax said, rolling off of her.

"Quite alright," she said with a tiny smile. "Guess we should have listened to Chirrut's warning not to touch anything."

"Guess so. All right, lemmie see if I can get us out of here," he sighed.

Jax drew his red-bladed lightsaber and stabbed at the door, attempting to cut open an exit. To his utter shock, the door resisted him, bearing not so much as a scratch. He tried once again with greater force, but the door still rebuffed him.

"What the hell?"

"Are you ok?" Laranth asked.

"Yeah, but whatever this cell's made of, there's no cutting through it."

"Perhaps there is a more subtle way."

Placing her hand on the door, Laranth reached out with the Force, attempting to undo the latch. For several minutes she worked, but found no success. At last, she slumped down on the ground, panting from exertion.

"It's no good... the metal resisted my attempts to undo the latch."

"What kind of cell is this?" Jax wondered.

"One specifically designed to hold Jedi..."

*****

Malik and Serra tried to get to them in time to help, but Jax and Laranth were already long gone, the trapdoor sealing itself shut. Malik attempted to open it with the Force, but found it impossible to move.

"Chirrut, what gives?!" Malik demanded.

"It is a safeguard," the monk explained. "They have fallen into one of our holding cells for intruders. The cells, as well as the trapdoors, are made of Mandalorian iron."

"Wait, how the hell did you find Mandalorian iron?!" Serra demanded. "That stuff is the most durable metal in the galaxy; it's the only thing able to withstand the strength of a lightsaber!"

Continuing down the tunnel, Chirrut smiled and began to explain, "There was a pilgrim who came to visit us several years ago, well before Obi-Wan's visit at the start of the war. He was a Mandalorian who had come seeking to understand the ways of the Force. This struck us as quite odd, as most Mandalorians do not value the Force. As I spoke with him, it became clear that he was disillusioned with the constant civil war on his home world. The ruling class was peaceful, yet filled with corrupt bureaucrats and politicians concerned only with their own power. Conversely, the traditionalist outcasts were nothing but bloodthirsty warmongers. Were they to gain power, they would turn the Mandalorians into nothing but conquerors. For decades, this man worked with a group of likeminded individuals in an effort to find a middle path, but to no avail. The ruling class saw them as naïve and shut them out of all political discussions, while the traditionalists saw them as weak and not 'true Mandalorians'."

"What happened to him?" Serra asked.

Chirrut continued, "As you can imagine, the poor man was frustrated at being shunned by everyone on Mandalore. As such, he began to search for a better way to live his life, leading him to the Church of the Force, and eventually to us. After seeing how we lived and the peace we had attained through our dedication to the Force, even being unable to use it of our own accord, the man expressed a desire to join us as a Guardian of the Whills. Of course, in order to join our brotherhood, one must make a sacrifice of some sort. As his sacrifice, this man gave us a large supply of Mandalorian ore, as well as the knowledge and means to process it into Mandalorian iron. At first, we did not realize how great a sacrifice this was, but he went on to explain that the ore is perhaps the most valuable natural resource produced by Mandalore. Moreover, the knowledge of how to process it into iron is a carefully guarded secret that outsiders are not permitted to know. Thus, we designated one of our brothers to learn the secrets of this process and, for the protection of our newest member, swore the entire group to silence on this matter. By the time the war started, the man had grown old and passed peacefully, at last content with his life. I know he would have approved of our decision to use some of the ore to protect the kyber mines."

"That's incredible," Serra smiled.

"Seems like we're constantly running into people searching for a middle way," Malik agreed. "That's something Serra and I have been grappling with of late. But we're getting off topic. Are Jax and Laranth safe?"

"They are fine. Come, we'll find them down this way," Chirrut said.

"Ok, so I get using Mandalorian iron to prevent escape with a lightsaber. But why couldn't Malik open the trapdoor with the Force?" Serra asked.

Chirrut replied, "That was Master Yoda's doing. He accompanied Obi-Wan on his visit at the start of the war. As we were working the ore into Mandalorian iron to reinforce our traps and defenses, he had the idea to enhance them with a special technique that allows the metal to resist the Force. I do not pretend to understand it all, but he mentioned that it was an extreme extension of the Living Force."

"The part of the Force that resides in all of nature," Malik said.

"Precisely! On the surface, one might think the Living Force does not touch Mandalorian iron. It is, after all, a highly processed metal. But as Master Yoda explained, it was once ore, and thus, a part of the Living Force as an earthen substance. As we made the sheets of metal to construct our traps and holding cells, Master Yoda performed a technique on each of them that greatly enhanced the power of the Living Force within it. This resulted in a material that could not only withstand a lightsaber, but also resist most conventional uses of the Force, particularly the Dark Side."

"Meaning the only escape for a Jedi or Sith is once you release them!" Serra realized. "That's brilliant!"

"Well, this is Master Yoda we're talking about," Malik chuckled.

"Indeed. Come, the holding cells are located several floors below us. This way," Chirrut said.

"Yeah, we probably ought to go let them out," Serra agreed.

Malik said thoughtfully, "I guess we should... but then again..."

"Why wouldn't we let them out?" Chirrut asked, detecting something in Malik's voice.

"You see, Jax and Laranth have been friends for years, but never more than that due to the Jedi Code. With the fall of the Order, they still haven't come to terms with... everything," Malik explained. "But some forced time alone might be just what they need to, er, sort things out, shall we say?"

"Malik, you devious bastard," Serra giggled.

"So, they have been friends for many years, yet still refuse to address their feelings for each other?" Chirrut asked. "That is simply unhealthy! I don't need eyesight to see that they're in love."

"Is that why you were putting the moves on Laranth earlier?" Serra asked knowingly.

"But of course. Perhaps it will be just the motivation they need!" Chirrut laughed.

"Malik? Malik, do you copy?"

"Speak of the devil," Malik chuckled. Pulling up his comlink, he replied, "Copy, Jax. You two alright?"

"Yeah, we're ok, just stuck in a room of some kind. Looks like a holding cell."

"Chirrut was just filling us in. You won't be able to break out; that's Mandalorian iron all around you, further enhanced by Master Yoda. Don't try to bust out; you'll only get hurt. Just sit tight."

"Will do. Just get us outta here, please."

"We'll be there as soon as we can, but we've run into some unexpected cave-ins and can't take the most direct route. Chirrut says it'll probably be a couple hours at least. It's also getting pretty late; we may need to bed down at some point."

"Dammit... you're sure you can't get through?"

"Don't think so. If we try to blast through with the Force, we could cause the entire tunnel to collapse. I'm sorry, Jax."

"Hey, not your fault. We're the ones who touched what we weren't supposed to!"

"Roger that. You two stay warm, ok?"

"Will do. Out."

"Cave-in? You, my friend, are an evil genius," Chirrut marveled.

"They'll thank us one day," Malik smirked.

*****

"Looks like we're stuck for a while," Jax sighed. "How are the supplies looking?"

Rummaging through their backpacks, Laranth replied, "We've got some basic gear and a couple of energy bars, so we should be fine until they can get us out. Let's see... a pair of blankets, an expanding instant sleeping pad, and... there they are! The personal heaters Chirrut mentioned!"

"Sweet, let's fire 'em up," Jax smiled, knowing it was only going to get colder.

"Here you go."

Jax and Laranth each clipped their device to their jackets. The heaters were no larger than a slice of bread, but they instantly enveloped their bodies in radiant warmth. But after a few seconds, the devices began to spark before shutting off altogether.

"What happened?" Laranth asked.

Examining his heater, Jax replied, "Shit. The charge overheated and caused the device to short."

"Now what?"

"Let's make camp. That should help keep us warm for a little bit."

Reaching into their backpacks, Laranth pulled out a rectangular piece of fabric and laid it on the floor. She then pressed a button on the side, causing the fabric to inflate and expand, forming a mattress large enough for two people. Adding a simple blanket, she began to worry if their meager accommodations would be enough to keep them from freezing to death.

"I hope Chirrut will be able to find us," Laranth sighed.

"I think he knows exactly what he's doing," Jax replied with a bit of derision in his voice.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she replied with a questioning look.

"Nothing," Jax huffed. "You two just seemed pretty friendly on the ride over here, that's all. Between him and Rex, I'm glad you're making new friends."

"Oh, wow. Now, I get it. Jax Pavan, the cool and calculating Jedi... is jealous!"

"Nope. No jealousy here," Jax lied. "Look, if you just wanna run off and meet all these new guys in spite of all our years of friendship, be my guest. I sure as hell don't want you to spend your time with me if you think it's a waste."

"That's bantha fodder, Jax, and you know it!" Laranth spat in anger. "You've known for years how I feel about you. You just haven't been man enough to admit it yourself and do something about it! You talk about a waste? That is a waste, Jax Pavan!"

"I keep to the Code!" Jax shouted back.

"The Code?! What Code?! The Jedi Order is no more; we must find our own way in life. Look at Malik and Serra! They are married, yet do you think them any closer to the Dark Side than we?"

"One could argue they are," Jax growled.

"One would have to be out of his mind to make such an argument!" Laranth countered. "Their path is different from the teachings of the Order, but the result is the same. They strive for the Light Side, for peace, and for justice. They are on the side of life, yet you think them tainted for the mere fact that they have devoted their lives to each other as well?"

"They're selfish and shortsighted. Good people, yes, but not worthy to call themselves Jedi," Jax fumed.

Laranth sighed in frustration. "You are a cold, heartless man, Jax Pavan. I cannot believe you would ever be so stubborn."

"Then maybe you should go find some guy to break your oath with! It's exactly what your people are known for!" he yelled.

Wounded to the core, she lashed out in retaliation. "Fine, I will! It'll be best for me to find a real man anyway!"

"FINE!"

The pair retreated to opposite corners of the cell, alone with their respective thoughts. For Jax, he knew he had screwed up. His stubborn adherence to the Jedi Code was one thing, but to insult Laranth in such a callous way? He couldn't blame her if she never wanted to see his face again after something like that. Even so, his true feelings for her would not subside. And as self-righteous as he tried to remain on the outside when confronted with Malik and Serra's decision to marry, he was as conflicted as ever on the inside. As he began to question everything he had ever been taught, one thing was certain: he had to make amends with Laranth. If he didn't do that now, he might never see her again. Swallowing his pride, he walked over to the beautiful Twi'lek, her back turned and sobbing into her hands.

"Laranth... I'm sorry," Jax choked out.

"How could you?" Laranth managed through her tears.

"I didn't mean what I said," Jax said, hanging his head in shame.

"Then why say it?!"

"Because... you were right. I was hurt, afraid, and yeah, jealous."

"I was right? What a surprise," Laranth sneered, still refusing to face him. "Why should I believe you wouldn't do this again? Why should I ever wish to speak to you again after tonight?"

"I certainly don't deserve it," Jax admitted. "But at least I finally have some clarity." When she didn't reply, he continued, "We've always been taught that singular love is forbidden, because it's rooted in selfish pleasure. Then the Jedi Order falls and we run into Malik and Serra. Lo and behold, they've gotten married and remain true to the Light Side. It causes a traditionalist like me to question everything he's ever been taught. When it seemed like everything I knew was slipping away, instinct took over. I reacted out of fear... the very thing that leads to the Dark Side."

Sniffling, she said, "Yes, you did."

"Laranth, I am so sorry. I know I can't ever take back what I said; that's now my burden to bear. But the last thing I want is to lose you in the process."

"Why?" she asked with indifference. "It's not like anything more than friendship will ever come of our association, so what reason is there for me not to move on with my life?"

Jax sighed, deciding she had to know the truth. "Because... I love you, Laranth. I love you, and I always have."

Laranth gasped a bit at this. All this time, she thought the truth would never come out of him, that he would take his true feelings for her to his grave. Yet here, in this cold dark mine, he finally told her how he felt.

"Those are... three words I never thought I'd hear you say," she whispered.

"I know. I wouldn't blame you if you said you never want to see me again, but you deserved to hear the truth before that," Jax replied. Turning, he continued, "I'll leave you alone."

"Jax, wait."

As Jax turned to face Laranth once more, he saw that she had turned as well. In front of her chest, her lekku were crossed twice, forming a rough image of the infinity sign. To anyone who knew anything about the Twi'leki language, this gesture meant one thing, and one thing only.

"I love you too, Jax. And... I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have said you weren't a real man."

Accepting her into his arms, Jax replied, "I forgive you. Can you forgive me?"

"Already done," Laranth said, resting her tear-soaked face on his shoulder.

"And... well, it's none of my business who you choose to be friends with. If you do want a relationship with Rex or Chirrut... it's not my place to object."

Giggling, Laranth answered, "Jax, you really are dense. There's only one man I'd even consider breaking the Jedi Code for, and that's you."

"Even after everything I-"

Before Jax could finish his sentence, Laranth had already wrapped her hands around his neck and mashed her lips against his. Looking back, she hadn't intended to be so forceful, but there was an enormous amount of pent-up emotion in that first kiss. At last, she was able to release her feelings for this man that she had desired for so long. Jax was flustered at first, understandably so, but soon found Laranth's passion to be impossible to resist. In those moments, any latent fears or hesitations he might have harbored melted away, giving way to his deepest feelings of affection for this incredible woman.

They kissed for quite some time, enjoying the simple sensations of intimacy within each other's arms. While Jax was just trying to keep up, Laranth had no intentions of holding her desires back. She soon hopped up into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist and grinding her hips against his pelvis. She gasped a bit at feeling his hardening cock through his pants. Even if this embarrassed Jax, he had no chance to show it, as it was all he could do to wrap his arms around Laranth's waist to keep them both from falling, at least for a few seconds. After a couple of unsteady steps, he allowed his body to fall backwards onto the mattress on the ground, taking her with him.

"Smooth!" she giggled, now straddling his waist.

Jax again had no opportunity to reply, as Laranth had already launched another oral assault on him. She now began to probe his lips with her tongue, which didn't surprise him as much as he expected, considering the circumstances. Deciding to go with it, Jax allowed her entry, savoring the sensations of her tongue dancing with his. He could understand why this was forbidden under the Jedi Code; attachments were impossible to avoid in such an intense experience. A few minutes later, Laranth at last released him, panting and smile as she gazed into his eyes.

auguy86
auguy86
1,175 Followers