Gray Shades of Evil

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elsol
elsol
728 Followers

"I don't know," he told her honestly. It was a question that had haunted him since the details of the Merchant massacre, the FBI's name for it, came out.

The FBI's interest had been focused on a body count of Merchant victims when the first non-family body had been found. The death of an FBI agent and a Senator's oldest daughter at the hands of the Merchants had also made its way to the public realm.

The FBI Director had insisted the investigation of the Merchant family deaths had to take a backseat to identifying as many of their victims as possible. The Senator had made a statement that families around the country had a right to know if this was the hole that had taken their children. Individual FBI agents when cornered had admitted that the Merchants had been professionally executed. As a group, they believed someone had followed a missing family member to the Merchants; the best way to find that person was to identify the victims, they explained to the media.

"How many people did they kill?" she asked leaning down and taking a flower from the well-cared gravesite. The women in town had told her they did it as a tribute to their savior. She was as sure that they did not mean Catherine's brother, as she was that hers had been the only ears that would ever hear them say it. Their words had been unnecessary; her father had told her his version of the Merchant massacre.

"We've identified 55 remains," he told her.

"Only fifty-five?" she asked surprised. He thought about lying, but she had seen enough truth in the death of her older sister.

"Those are the ones we're almost sure we'll have names for eventually," he whispered. "Families with missing members around the country are taking DNA tests."

She nodded and looked at the grave.

"I'd like to meet him," she told her father with strength in her voice.

"That's not a good idea," he said to her but could not make it more than a suggestion. The Senator had read all the reports and had no interest in seeing his daughter and someone who could kill like that in the same room.

She turned her face towards Conception and listened for something out of her days of terror. She turned her back to the town and looked at her father.

"I'd rather be afraid of him."

elsol
elsol
728 Followers