Greek Myths: Persephone & Pluto

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
simply_cyn
simply_cyn
224 Followers

It was enough and Hermes knew that if he didn't act immediately, that Pluto could very well change his mind in a moment's notice. Holding Persephone's hand, he immediately flew with her out of the Underworld to Demeter.

Demeter was beside herself with joy upon the arrival of her long-lost daughter. She had feared that she would never see her ever again. "Oh, my darling daughter," cried Demeter, hugging Persephone close to her heart. "You have come back to me at last."


"Yes," sobbed Persephone, clinging to her mother as the tears continued to slide down her cheeks. "I am here but I must go back to the Underworld for part of every year. It was the only way Pluto would let me come back to you."

Demeter knew she had to accept this. It was the way of the gods. But at least she had her daughter back with her and for the moment, that is all that mattered. At once, she looked young again. She put on her brightest clothes and began work, making new shoots of corn and grass grow and leaves open on the trees. It was spring all over the Earth.

All through the summer, when Persephone was with her and life had returned to normal, Demeter was happy and busy; watching the fine harvests of corn and fruit. But when Persephone had to go back to the Underworld and her life with Pluto, she was sad and it became autumn. The leaves on the trees turned brown, the grass stopped growing and the weather turned cold. It was winter, until Persephone returned. Then Demeter was happy and it was spring again.

And so, the creation of the seasons hinges on the fate of the happiness of the gods. We can only hope that happiness, at least on Mount Olympus and the Underworld, lasts longer than it does on Earth.

simply_cyn
simply_cyn
224 Followers
12