Greg's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Hamar
Hamar
6 Followers

I never did return to college that year. I was learning more from my father then I could ever learn in a classroom. Dad was a tough boss, but he made sure that I understood each and every detail as he assigned it to me to carry out. By Christmas we were both exhausted and ready to return back home. There would be debates, and the environmental impact report would be evaluated by the Feds and the city. We would probably return next summer once the project was given the green light. But for now, we could afford to relax for a few weeks.

Dad insisted that Marja and I come back home. It was too close to Christmas for us to try to find a place of our own, he had insisted.

Shortly after New Years 1984, Marja and I set up a household of our own. It was a small two-bedroom apartment not far from where our parents’ house was. Marja had found a part time job to keep her busy and I was now working for my dad full time and taking a night class.

Marja and I went out that evening to dinner. The occasion was our second anniversary so it was a special occasion for the two of us. We had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant downtown and then headed back home, dropped off the car and called a cab to take us to a bar that we went from time to time. We danced and had a few cocktails to celebrate until midnight.

"Greg...let's go home. I don't want to turn into a pumpkin until we have at least made love three times tonight." She whispered into my ear as we were dancing.

I went to the bar and asked the bartender to call a taxi for me and gave him a $5 for his trouble. The cab came within a few minutes and we went home.

Marja began to strip as soon as she was inside of the house. Her coat was on the floor, followed by her shoes, nylons, dress, and then her undergarments. After I had paid the cabby, I followed the trail of clothing until I found her lying on the couch completely nude.

"Come here you." She said and wiggled her index finger at me beckoning me closer.

I undressed quickly and joined her on the couch as we kissed and eventually made love right there on the couch. She conceived that night. I am almost certain of it. We had decided that it was time to start our family and she was looking foreword to becoming a mother.

Our son Brandon was born on June 13, 1987. I was barely able to make it in time for his birth. Dad and I were in Salt Lake City and mom called on a Tuesday to tell me that Marja was just beginning to go into labor.

Another child followed two years later; Christine was born August 17, 1989. When Chrissie was two, we began to go back up to the Naches in the summer with mom and dad and stay at the cabin again. They had mellowed through the years and gone were the days of their all day exploration into the mountains to hike, ride, fish and make love. But Marja and I would find time to sneak up to the falls or the hot springs for a few hours to be by ourselves.

Dad died of a heart attack in 1997. It had been very sudden and mom was now alone for the first time in over 30 years. Marja asked me if it would be all right if mom moved in with us and I agreed it was fine with me. But mom refused. She could not leave that old house.

The last time Marja and I went to the cabin was the summer of 1998. That was the year that she was diagnosed with Osseo-sarcoma, bone cancer and it was then that I learned not all stories have a happy ending.

At first the doctors thought that the disease could be slowed by chemotherapy and for awhile she was fine but the disease did not go into remission and my beloved wife's life slowly began to wither away. Marja knew that her time was short and she did her very best to keep our family from falling apart.

This was the hardest time of my life. Trying to encourage her to continue her treatments, but knowing that she would not get any better. Finally on November 13, 1999 my wife of 16 years succumbed to the ravages of her disease. We had been married for 16 years and she was only 34 when she died. I was with her at the time.

"It's time. Greg be brave. Brandon and Chrissie need you." She was so very tired.

Those were her last words to me. She died two hours later in her sleep.

In all of our time together, I was in love with her every moment of my life. We never spent any more time apart then was necessary. I was faithful to her. I could not imagine ever being with another woman when I had her to come home to.

The time of her death was especially sensitive to me. Marja had died within a week of the anniversary of Chrissie's death. She was laid to rest near where Chrissie's grave was. Eventually I would be laid between the two of them.

Brandon and Chrissie, were 10 and 12 at the time of their mother's death. It was very hard on them at the time. I guess this goes without saying. We moved in with mom and I sold the house where Marja and I had lived since just before Chrissie was born.

The children are doing better. It has been a year and a half since their mother died but I know that they still miss her. Especially little Chrissie. Those two had a very strong bond.

I'm doing all right being a single parent. Mom is still doing great and she is much stronger then I ever gave her credit. The kids adore her and obey her. Just was Marja and I did when we were their age.

I'm dating again. Nothing serious. Mom insists that I get out and become more active since she sold dad’s business after he died.

But my heart still goes back to those early days. When Marja and I were determined to be together at all costs. I am thankful for the time we had together. I only wish she could have been here long enough to see our children grow up and her grandchildren come into the world. But life isn't always fair.

I know my last memory on this earth will be of her.

Hamar
Hamar
6 Followers