Gritty Times in Wyoming Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The publisher will select the title for printing. My working title is based on my initial adventures here. It's called 'Gritty Times in Wyoming'.

That disclosure produced quite a buzz and during the evening several people including men said that really liked that title. Those women asked her to also include some of the softer sides to Wyoming.

"Oh I will," Skye said. "For a start, Glenys will take me trail riding in the hills soon to catch spring really awakening and in summer before my finale at hay making, we intend to camp out in the mountains."

The next evening Skye was sitting at her dresser in just bra and panties and doing her nails when Ryan came in and flopped on the bed.

"So this is to resume again?"

"Yeah."

"That's okay."

"I really missed you. More than I expected."

"Oooh," Glenys said, catching the last of that as she entered. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything deep. Move over you lump."

She lay down alongside her son and made not comment about Skye's state of undress. Well it was 9:00 and Skye was in her own bedroom.

Skye said, "I had just asked Ryan were these nocturnal visits resuming and in his eloquent way he said yeah. I said that was okay and you would have caught the rest, "He said he really missed me, more than he'd expected."

"I'd say we all did. In being left with just two guys to talk to I fell under the impression I'd had a lobotomy."

They all laughed.

"Well I'm not going be free-wheeling much on weekdays. My publisher wants me to rework my rejected novel, change the heroine's name to Carey Green and work in sex, the theory been that even bad novels by known writers sell."

"That won't be too difficult will it?"

"No Glenys but it will be time consuming and they really would like it all tomorrow. I plan to work six-hour days with just Sundays off."

"Right then you must work in the office/games room rather than in here. I'll get the men to shift things around so you are sitting at the desk in front of the main windows rather than looking against the light where the desk is at present. That will ease eye-strain. You will still have a view out the window during periods of creative thinking because the chair swivels."

"Oooh thanks and of course that room is farther away from the kitchen/dayroom where there will be interesting distractions. I love it."

"Thanks. Darling I still think of you luring that bull away from me when caught up a creek without a paddle as they say. I was not in life threatening danger but was in for a cold, wet time if I had been forced to crawl under that bridge to safety and goodness knows how my beloved Kismet would have fared that that crazed bull gone for her. As a young teen I was with my father when a horned bull gored his horse in the belly. It's something I never wish to see again. It took me several days to get over it but I guess it toughened me."

Skye said yes they were fortunate the way it had panned out and although it had been the first and only living thing she'd shot she'd not been troubled by it because she'd known it had to be done. It could have been a different outcome for them had the sick bull not hit exhaustion.

Glenys cuffed Ryan when he said if they wished to go safely they should ride with a guy.

"I took this opportunity to come in here this evening to talk to you both quietly," Glenys said. "I have dropped my objection to you two having sex. It was stupid of me to intervene because I knew you wouldn't have done it in front of me, neither of you being that insensitive. I just lost control, that's all, and played the bossy mother. After you left Skye I wished I could have turned back the clock over my insensitive edict because here yet again you were doing something wonderful for me, coaxing my daughter back to me."

"Thanks mom," Ryan yawned.

"Yes thanks Glenys," said the creator of Carey Green the well-behaved wimp. "Now could we talk about something else, this is embarrassing?"

"Yeah mom," said her son, watching Skye put away her nail polish container and pull out her hair brush.

Glenys yawned as said she was off to bed.

"Don't you two do anything I wouldn't do," she said, chuckling as she closed the door.

"Leave the door open mom," Ryan called and was obeyed without comment.

Skye said, "Tonight?"

"Nah," Ryan said, picking his nose. "Too embarrassing."

"Yeah right. How long does it take to drive from here to Billings?"

"About two and a half hours."

"Should we go to see Linda and Larry on Saturday and take your folk if they want to come?"

"Yeah good idea. In fact it's a great idea. You think good for a woman."

Skye just smiled.

At breakfast next morning Ryan said, "Skye reckons we should all go to Billings on Saturday."

"Oh no sorry," Glenys said. "I have so much to do and Judy Kline and I had mentioned having a family lunch Saturday."

"Well I'm going," Fergie said. "We must pack our boots and work clothes Ryan and help Larry knock outside the land into shape as they're on a new building site."

Glenys enthused, "Yes and I'll pack a smock and Skye you might like to help me cook the pies on Friday evening and we can take picnic settings because Linda won't have much tableware."

"Didn't she get any as wedding presents?"

"Oh yes heaps. What am I thinking?"

Skye said cheekily, "Weren't you too busy to go?"

"Oh that, poof."

The guys grinned at Skye.

Later sitting in the big office with the desk now in front of the big window, Skye made a note of that little conversation at breakfast about going to visit Linda. The heading she used was, 'Country folk prefer things to move slowly, particular change or planning to go somewhere.' She was sure in coming weeks she'd add other examples after talking to other people who appeared adverse to spontaneity.

TO BE CONTINUED