Growing Up

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,897 Followers

He watched the couple for some time, trying to discern if their relationship was something more than business, work companions or casual friends. He rose as they did, threw a twenty on the bar and, keeping his distance, followed them to the small parking lot behind the bar. They exchanged a hug but it seemed no more than a very familiar business hug. They got in separate cars. She got in her car, then got out and fiddled with something in the trunk. Starting his engine, he pulled in behind her as she exited the parking lot, writing her license plate on his arm with a ballpoint pen.

He noted the Pinellas county decal on the late model import. He almost lost her twice before they even got to the main road back to the mainland. She turned left, north on alternate U.S. 19, along the Intracoastal and in the direction of Dunedin, and he barely made the turn behind her as the oncoming traffic honked in annoyance.

She continued north, past Dunedin, past Tampa Road which would take him back to Tampa along the northern edge of the bay and signaled for a left turn at Pennsylvania Street. According to the map, this was an unincorporated area known as Ozona. He made the turn after slowing down to gain spacing and pulled to the side of the narrow residential roadway. He watched her car go to the very end of the street and signal a left turn. Grabbing his map book, he quickly determined that the road dead ended there at the edge of the bayou which connected to the Intracoastal Waterway.

He had explored this area briefly once before as part of his home search and knew that the street in question included a combination of older, smaller homes with new, more extensive—and expensive---homes as the small community had become more popular, albeit not as well known as other locales near the water.

He considered driving down the street but then thought better of it. It was a dead end residential street and not very long. A strange car might draw attention. Finally he said fuck it and headed down Pennsylvania Street trying to decide what he would say if she saw him and recognized him. He'd tell her the truth. He saw her in the bar and followed her---that wasn't too weird, was it?

He saw her car in the driveway of the second to the last house on the bayou side of the road. It was an older house which had obviously recently gone through some extensive modernization and enlargement. After turning around and heading back up the street, he saw her form in the front window as she opened the drapes. He also noted the house two doors down and across the street with the 'for sale' sign and jotted down the address and the realtor's name and phone number. He drove home feeling like some combination of a secret agent and a pathetic stalker with no idea of what he would or should do next.

What he did the following morning was call the realtor in question and ask about the particulars on the house for sale near the end of Pennsylvania Street. It was certainly easily within his price range but more than thirty years old and needed some modernization. It was a solid block structure with barrel tile roof, real plaster on the interior walls and Terrazzo floors throughout. The appliances were ancient but all worked. It came with a double lot and might be of interest to someone who wanted to build a new house on the vacant lot and live in the existing 1,300 SF structure while doing so. It included a right of way to the water. It had neither central air nor heat. He asked when he could see it. He agreed to meet the real estate agent at the house in an hour.

He got there before the agent and began to explore around the exterior of the house and peek through the windows. Having noted Cindy's car in the driveway, and observing that the two houses had an unimpeded view of each other, he lingered in the front yard making every attempt to be obvious. The agent, a middle-aged woman in an ugly gold jacket and too much makeup showed up in short order. She gave her best effort at marketing a pretty plain little house with a distinctly dated look. She then informed him that the owners had recently reduced the price by ten percent as the property had been on the market for some time.

"Why isn't it selling? The price seems very reasonable, particularly in view of the double lot."

"Young couples---families---in this price range are looking for subdivisions so their kids will have friends to play with and mamma will have people to talk to during the day. The comparables are all screwed up. There is a one million dollar home five doors down and then this one for seventy-eight. Those looking for resale get nervous. Hell, the way water access property in this county is going, the lot alone is worth more than the house, but unless you want a rather plain, dated old block and stucco house for your mother-in-law to live in---no one is really sure what to do with it---among those that might be interested in building a new trophy house behind it on the double lot.

"With all of the environmental issues involved in the demo of an old house---it can cost an arm and a leg, particularly if asbestos is involved and based on when it was built, it surely is. It's not a hazard to occupy---all of the asbestos is buried under the plaster but when you start tearing it down you're talking a small fortune---same with the lead based paint that's certainly under there somewhere. I said, seventy-eight. They lowered the price by ten percent twenty-four hours ago. Out of state owners---inherited it when their mother died...desperate to unload it. They'll even carry a note and pay all closing costs. It's $69,900 after the discount. All of the appliances work just fine and have been well maintained---they're just old. No termite issues---hell, outside of the interior doors, cabinets and a little trim there isn't a hell of a lot of wood in it. It's a typical 1950's era Florida slab house.

"That's the way they built 'em thirty years ago: hurricane proof, termite proof and virtually flood proof. You could turn on a fire hose in here and it's not going to do a hell of a lot of damage to concrete floors and real plaster which is essentially exterior grade stucco. It's got good trees front and back---stays cool in the summer. A couple of window air conditioners and you're cool as a cucumber. The owners have pretty much given me complete authority to deal with it---hell, assuming your credit is okay, you could probably move in tomorrow and not pay a hell of a lot down---if anything. I don't sense they need the cash, they're pretty well off---they just want to get rid of it. Our management company would handle the monthly payments and the interest rate they are asking for is as low as the law allows without IRS issues---two points less than any lender I could steer you to.

"If you like this area, I wish I had more places to show you. There aren't many for sale and normally they go quickly. The local schools are solid, the taxes are low and you're within walking distance of small shops and several quaint eateries. People tend to stay. Where do you work?"

Mike told her in some detail. She went on. "Tampa Road through Oldsmar and you're at your office in thirty minutes---less if you leave a little early. This was once a pretty old area; in the last few years, young professionals are discovering it and so it has a much younger feel now...even singles if that's important. I sold the house two doors down and across the street less than a year ago and as you can see, Cindy has wasted no time in modernizing and enlarging it."

"Cindy?"

"If you decide to buy it, she'll be one of your neighbors. Cindy Consecus...very pretty girl...can't believe some young guy like you hasn't scooped her up...keeps to herself."

"I'll take it. I brought some paperwork with me. I've already filled out the HUD and FHA forms. Here's my certification of employment with my salary history and a copy of my current credit report. What else do you need?"

"Not a hell of a lot! My office isn't five minutes from here up in Palm Harbor. It won't take a minute to write it up. The survey, title search and termite inspection are current and the owners don't give a damn about a current appraisal. The last one done---six months---put it at least 30% higher than what you are paying. No banks or lenders involved so you can essentially close on the spot. In good faith, I'd think five percent earnest money which could serve as a down payment---not that I think they'd cry if you didn't have one---but I find it's always better in terms of protecting the seller that a buyer put something down."

"Not a problem." Mike said, reaching for his checkbook. "Four thousand cover it?"

"More than adequate. If you want to follow me back to the office..."

"Would you mind if I stayed here? I'd like to explore a little...walk down the street..."

"No problem. Here's the key. I'm sure I can get someone in the office to come back and witness the signatures. Give me half an hour?"

Thirty seconds after the real estate lady drove off, Mike was across the street ringing Cindy's doorbell with absolutely no clear idea of what he was going to say. She flung the door open a minute later with a paint brush in her hand and a light smattering of dark green paint on her arms and face. Her hair was bunched up under a Home Depot™ painter's cap. It didn't matter; as far as he was concerned she was even more beautiful than the vision he had carried with him for four years.

Her free hand went to her mouth in shock. "Mike! What in the world..."

"Cindy...hi! It's a kind of a long story...I got promoted...work in Tampa...Dan works in Portland...he's getting married in a few weeks...Aimee from accounting...saw you yesterday down on the strip by the beach...followed you home...your number isn't in the book...just bought the house across the street...hope I haven't made a terrible financial decision. Are you married, seeing anyone seriously, involved romantically, engaged or madly in love with someone who's about to pop the question?"

"No on all counts...you?"

"Not remotely...never met the right girl---no! Correction, I met the right girl...four years ago...and I'm looking at her right this minute."

"You are certifiably insane!"

"Possibly but I really need to kiss you...and then if you tell me this is all wrong, hope I can get my earnest money back from the realtor and back out of the deal, so..."

Cindy dropped the paint brush on the floor and jumped in his arms, silencing his prattle with her lips.

"Oh, Mike, Mike, Mike...I really missed you. Never in a million years...completely insane..."

"So, being neighbors would be okay? It's a crappy little house---not as nice as yours but it does have a double lot and..."

"I know all about it...almost bought it but then this one came on the market. It has a lot of possibilities...character. I suppose if you couldn't sell it, it would make a great guest house or something."

"So I should buy it...move here...we should be neighbors."

"That would be convenient---you'll love this area." And then she turned serious. "Mike, you know my history...know things about me that not very many people know. I mean, I'm not that wild, crazy, free spirit I was when you met me...I guess I finally grew up. How can you be sure that you and I...?" she trailed off.

"Take it one day at a time? Get to know each other...who we are now...not who we were...learn how to love...together?"

She was wrapped in his strong arms again and knew in that moment that no other man's arms would ever do. It was incomprehensible...a few months of knowing each other at a time she was living with another man, followed by one night of, well, rather amazing butt sex. So many reasons why it could not possibly be real...couldn't happen.

But here they were...a bizarre string of events had brought them to this point. She chose to take it as a sign...a good sign. She was seconds away from dragging his butt inside the house and going down on him. It had been far too long since she had enjoyed a man in her bed...or a cock in her mouth...or any other place for that matter. The beep of a horn as the real estate lady drove down the street interrupted her thoughts.

"Mike! Hi, Cindy! So, you two have already met. Mike, I'm sorry to say that since it's Saturday I couldn't get anyone to come with me to witness the contract. Would you mind helping out, Cindy? I'd be very grateful."

The contract was signed and witnessed at Cindy's dining room table. The lady in the ugly gold jacket said her farewells and exited the premises in short order.

"First house, Mike?"

"Uh, huh."

"It's a little scary, isn't it? A clear sign that you're a grown up now and have to act like one...all those responsibilities start to mount up."

"Actually, I think I finally grew up the second I got the nerve to walk across the street and ring your doorbell. Now I'm sitting here across from you with your adorable green spots and in case you hadn't noticed my eyes are tearing up and I don't have any allergies. My God! You are so damned beautiful! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning...can't believe how lucky I am."

"Speaking of lucky, I suppose you should know that I've joined an obscure religious order and taken a lifetime vow of celibacy."

"Whatever. I don't care---well, I do---but I'll live with whatever I need to live with as long as you are part of my life...as long as we're together."

"How in the hell have you stayed single this long with that spiel?"

"Never tried it before...is it working?"

"Oh, I don't know...you might get as far as a little slap and tickle. Do you have any idea how long it has been since I've been with a man---had any form of sex that doesn't involve electric current? Hell, I might as well have taken a vow of celibacy. And as far as butt sex is concerned---and you do remember my fondness for it---you were the last one!"

"I wouldn't want you to violate your religious vows."

"I was thinking of changing churches anyway---really crappy choir."

"Your paint brush is going to get hard and you'll have to buy a new one."

"That's true but I have others...do you like to paint?"

"Not really but my dad was in the construction business and I love building stuff; I'm pretty handy with tools."

"Mike...assuming we really are on to something here...do you want...babies?"

"As long as you're the mother and I'm the father---you bet!"

"Unlike the girl you knew a few years ago I have taken a vow of monogamy...any problem with that?"

"That seems to be very traditional among married couples in this society."

"Married couples...oh, dear! I will admit to a certain fear of the word 'marriage'."

"If we're on to something here that would be a logical event somewhere down the line."

"Somewhere down the line? I suppose I can work on my fears. Enough talk---as delightful as this banter is, if you don't hurry up and get naked and fuck me you're going to blow the deal!"

"I certainly wouldn't want to fall down on my obligations." Mike said, removing his clothes almost as quickly as Cindy was removing hers.

Taking his hand she led him to her own king size bed. "I suppose you still don't have any rubbers?"

"Nope...haven't really had any need for them of late."

"I still don't take those damn pills---not that I'd have needed to in some time. My diaphragm has almost certainly rotted away in its little plastic case. What the hell, my period is like clockwork---I should be safe. Are you willing to take a chance? I really want you inside me, Mike...inside...my pussy...not that you won't get a shot at the other place but this time..."

"I'd like that. If you're wrong and your dates are off and I knock you up...then we'll have to get married...nothing else would be right with me...you?"

"Well, an unexpected pregnancy would create a sense of urgency. I'm not some sort of banner waving zealot. Abortion is, sadly, a necessary evil in today's world but it's not something I personally could ever go through. If you knocked me up, Mike...I'd keep the baby...even if you weren't there."

"I hope you know me well enough to know that I'd be there for you and our child."

"Just checking."

"Any other issues we need to explore before we..."

"No, I don't think so. Oh, my God---this is so surreal! You're here with me...in my bed...naked. I never thought I'd ever see you again. It's like a dream...a dream I'm so afraid I'm going to wake up from."

"From my perspective the dream is yet to begin and it's going to be one of those long, deliriously happy ones that never goes away."

"Are you trying to get in my pants, you silver tongued devil?"

"You aren't wearing any pants last time I checked."

"That right...you're very observant." Her slim hand fell to his cock. "Not to mention very, very ready! Are you ready, Mike...ready to fuck your little girl and no one else?"

"Can we make love instead?"

"Sure...we can always fuck later...all weekend for that matter---with a couple of breaks to finish painting the laundry room."

"I'll help. We should be able to knock it out in no time."

"I thought you didn't like to paint?"

"I don't but I'm willing to make whatever sacrifices I need to if it means we get back to bed sooner."

"I have an incredible backyard which runs all the way down to the water. I even have a dock...no boat though. Sometimes I sunbath down there on the dock...in the nude of course...no one can see. Are you listening?"

"Backyard...all the way to the water...dock...no boat...nude."

"You seemed preoccupied---oh, heavens! I guess you were preoccupied! Oh, my! I almost---but not quite---forget about that talented tongue of yours....very nice...oh, yes...feels really good but, frankly, Mike, I need some cock before I...oh, there you go! Great minds do think alike!"

"Oh, my God...can we just stay like this for a while, Cindy...take it really slow."

"We have lots of time, baby...lots of time...God willing, the rest of our lives."

"My thoughts exactly."

Mike never actually moved into the small block and stucco house. Cindy not only had a better house, her lot had actual waterfront frontage rather than simply access. Within a year the woman in the ugly gold jacket called Mike to inform him that she had several inquiries on his property. Mike ended up selling the property for more than twice what he paid for it. He and Cindy plowed the profits into their house on the water. With a baby on the way, they needed a nursery.

Edited by Techsan

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,897 Followers
12