Guardian Angel Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have another surprise for you, love." Galen said smiling.

"W-w-what i-i-is i-it, p-p-p-please d-don't m-make me w-wait!" Quinn said, wanting to know what it was.

Galen opened the zipper of the backpack and searched around for the items he had grabbed from Quinn's bedroom before leaving. When he found them he pulled them out for Quinn to see. Quinn let out yet another gasp as he seen what Galen had pulled out, he had grabbed all of Quinn's art supplies. Having Galen bring him here was fantastic, but seeing him pull out the art supplies was like icing on the cake. Quinn always loved to paint or draw the area that gave him so much peace, whenever he did it felt as though he were taking a part of it back home with him, just looking at a picture of this place made him feel at peace, so he had one in his locker and his bedroom and quite a few places in the house. Aside from Quinn's father and the few people in Quinn's art class that noticed him, nobody else knew that he liked art; well now he could add Galen to that list.

"Draw something for me?" Galen asked while he gently kissed the nape of Quinn's neck. He always loved Quinn's artwork, he was actually quite good at it, although Quinn didn't really think so, he figured he was mediocre at best.

"Y-yes" Quinn answered. He decided he'd do a sketch of the pond, it was something he could never get tired of drawing. He grabbed all of the things he needed, put his glasses back on and sat back into Galen's lap facing the pond and began to work.

Galen had his arms wrapped around Quinn and watched as he began his drawing. It was very quiet and peaceful, all that could be heard was the birds chirping and the squirrels and all sorts of other small animals running around.

Quinn was the first to break the silence. "W-w-what's i-it l-l-like?" Quinn asked, still drawing the pond.

"What's what like?" Galen asked, not sure what Quinn was referring to.

"W-w-where y-y-you l-lived b-b-before." Quinn responded.

"It's very hard to explain, but I'll give it a try." Galen said. "I know a lot of people think its up above in the skies, but honestly, its right here, you just can't see us. There are different sorts of 'spirits', there are those who have angelic status, and of those there are many different classes of angels such as messenger angels, guardian angels, or arch angels. Arch angels are the highest, guardians are the next in line, messenger angels are a little bit lower, not that they're any less than an arch or a guardian, their range of power is just limited. I'm not going to go through all of the different classes of angels because that would take too long as there are many different classes, nor am I going to go through all of the different types of spirits, I'll just stick to the human spirits and he angels to keep it simple as possible. Now, the angels are pure good, we don't have it in us to do any harm, now here's where most people get mixed up, people seem to think that angels don't feel much emotion other then love or kindness. That only applies to every class of angel BUT the guardian angels. Guardian angels experience all different emotions, whether it be anger or love. The difference between guardian angels and humans is that guardian angels don't have it in them to act on an emotion such as anger, they are able to act on love or any GOOD emotion, but anything like anger we do not act upon, we feel it but do not act. The reason that Guardian angels feel more emotions than the other classes of angels is because when a human spirit goes to earth and they are put in our care, we form a bond with their spirit, and all of the trials that human is put through, we feel as well."

"W-w-why d-d-does a-a h-human s-s-spirit c-c-come t-t-to e-earth?" Quinn asked, wondering why any spirit would want to come here.

"It is a test, unlike angels, there are human spirits who are not pure good, so to filter out the ones who aren't good, every 20 years - according to earth time because time does not exist where we live - spirits are sent to earth, and that is how we can tell whether your soul is good or not, your memory of your spirit life is taken away from you until you complete your life on earth. And depending on your actions on earth will determine whether you will be accepted back in or sent straight back to earth. And if you don't get it the second time your just sent back again, and this cycle continues until the bad is filtered out. Now, I said every 20 years a soul is sent to earth but that is just the standard, some souls are sent back to earth sooner if they just barely passed the purity test, and there are some souls who don't get sent back until 50 years because they did really well, and then there are souls who don't get sent back at all because they did extraordinary."

"D-d-d-do th-they u-u-usually s-s-send g-g-g-g-guardian a-angels t-to e-earth to m-m-meet th-th-the p-p-person th-they a-are l-looking a-after?" Quinn asked while grabbing his eraser.

"There are actually quite a few people who meet their guardian angel, though they do not know it. If someone is heading down the wrong path a guardian angel is given three times in which they can intervene and try and help them. Think of it like a math test, your given the test, and then on that test there may be bonus questions and if you get them right then you redeem whatever marks you lost on the overall test. That's what it's like when an angel intervenes during one of those three times. They could show up as a person who you walk by on a path who has been beaten severely, if you help them, you get those bonus marks, if you don't then you get nothing, only difference between my math test example is that if you don't help them, you not only lose those extra marks, you get marks taken away from you."

"Wh-who w-wouldn't h-h-help s-s-someone wh-who h-h-has b-b-been h-h-hurt?" Quinn asked, not understanding how anyone would be able to just walk by in a situation like that.

"You would be surprised how many people simply don't care. That is actually quite a common one used, it's been passed more times then failed, but not by much. Now, what IS rare is the kind of situation I have with you, not a lot of people will meet their guardian angel and be allowed to KNOW it is their guardian angel and have them there for the rest of their life. That only happens in special situations, when someone has not been given a fair shot and is genuinely a good person and needs someone with them. And often like in our situation, they meet their angel when they are a teenager. And for a guardian angel to be able to do this they must go to the panel of arch angels and explain why they believe the person they are caring for NEEDS to have them with them permanently, and the arch angels will decide amongst themselves whether they agree or not, and it must be a unanimous decision."

By now Quinn was putting the finishing touches on his art piece, he really liked listening to Galen speak to him, hearing his voice made him feel better. He finished his artwork and then laid his head back on Galen's shoulder. He realized how hungry he was when he felt his stomach begin to growl. "C-c-can w-we e-eat n-now?" Quinn asked.

"Ofcourse we can." Galen said smiling. He reached for the bag and pulled out the sandwiches, handing one to Quinn.

"I-is th-there n-n-no G-god?" Quinn asked, suddenly realizing Galen said nothing about God.

"We don't call it God, actually we don't really have a name for it, we just refer to it as the 'Supreme Being'. Now that is one thing that is very hard to explain, it is neither male nor female, it created earth as a place to send the human spirits for their tests but it didn't create the spirits themselves, we were just there."

"Th-th-that's c-c-confusing" Quinn said after taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I know, it's very hard to explain" Galen said.

Quinn was lying down now while eating his sandwich, his head was resting in Galen's lap. Galen finished his sandwich and began running his fingers through Quinn's soft blond hair. Galen felt protective of his Quinn, he found it hard to keep his hands off of him, it was as if he were making up for all of the years he couldn't just reach out and hold Quinn in his strong arms, all the years he was unable to protect him from the other boys who picked on him - he was making up for it. Galen began to put all of the things they'd brought back into the bag. Quinn watched this and was a little confused.

"A-a-are w-w-we l-leaving?" Quinn asked.

"We have to, or we'll be late." Galen said.

"L-late f-f-for w-what?" Quinn inquired.

"Another surprise." Galen replied with a grin after scooping Quinn into his arms and walking back the way they came.

To be continued...

12