Gulf Magic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rest of the week went quickly. We were in seminars all day, then had dinner and walked the beach in the evening. We spent long hours sitting on the balcony and talking about the future and pleasant hours in bed learning what each other liked.

Dianne and I arrived back at the airport late the following Friday evening. We were tanned, well fed and physically exhausted from our week on the Gulf. I had held Dianne's hand all the way back and she had rested her head on my shoulder.

I had picked Dianne up at her condo and driven to the airport the previous Friday so we would have only the one car to deal with when we got back. I had suggested on the flight back that we stop at her condo so she could pick up whatever she might need for the weekend, then we would go to my place. I would drive her back to her condo Monday morning so she could get her car and we would drive to the office separately. Dianne had already said that we should not advertise our relationship yet. When she said that my response was "Won't everyone know when they get the wedding invitation?" She just looked at me and her eyes filled with tears.

By the time we got to my house it had been a long day and we were pretty tired. It was still cool enough for a fire and neither of us was very hungry, so we had cheese and crackers and a nice white wine in front of the fire. Dianne kissed me, then stretched in a way that got my heart racing and said she was going to take a shower.

She came out wearing a beautiful white nightgown, thin enough that when she stood in front of the fire I could see every lovely curve of her body. I pulled her onto my lap and she put her arm around my neck.

"When I was a little girl and had been banished to my room by my father, after he had yelled at me and called me ugly, stupid or worthless I used to dream that a Prince Charming would come and take me away. I'm now twenty-five, there has been no Prince Charming, and I don't think anyone has loved me or I have loved anyone -- until now."

I reached over to the end table and picked up a small box. I opened it and showed her the ring inside.

"My grandfather gave my grandmother this ring and they had fifty happy years together. I would like to have the rest of my life with you. I'm no Prince Charming, but I'd like to ask you to marry me."

She slipped the ring on her finger, then burst into tears and cried "Yes, yes...oh,yes!"

For the next twenty years we returned to that hotel on the Gulf each year to renew the magic, often staying in the same room as the first time, enjoying the beach and each other. This year we didn't go.

Dianne died early this year from a rare form of leukemia.

I will go back to "our" room at the same hotel next spring during a week of the full moon. I plan to sit on the balcony late at night and watch the moon and listen to the waves.

Who knows? She might be there.

12