Gypsy Designs Ch. 02

Story Info
Cadyn learns Gypsy's story as they get to know each other.
18.2k words
4.73
24.2k
9

Part 2 of the 15 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers

Gypsy woke refreshed for the first time in a long time but within seconds she remembered her resolve to find a place of her own so as not to disturb Caydn in his own home with her bizarre tendencies that'd always driven a wedge between her and having a normal life.

He'd asked to view her sketches later that day. So far she'd not done a single one. So to keep from looking like a total fool she needed to sit down and put some of the ideas she kept locked in her head on paper.

Wandering down stairs her sketch book under her arm she made a pot of coffee before sitting at the island. Closing her eyes she envisioned the coat she'd was creating the patchwork fabric for. The charcoal pencil moved along the lines she created in her mind while she waited for the coffee to finish brewing.

Opening her eyes she heard the final surge of the coffee maker. On the paper was the long flowing coat. The cut showed simplicity of the design so not to over power the already complex fabric, deep jewel toned fabrics from rich velvets to rough textured brocades all trimmed and joined with a twisted gold and black braid.

Pouring a mug of coffee and buttering the English muffins she'd popped in the toaster she sat back down to envision her next piece while she ate breakfast. By the time she finished her second mug of coffee she had five laid out in front of her filling her with a sense of pride seeing them in a visual form for the first time.

Heading upstairs and throwing on a pair of jeans and long sleeved tee shirt, grabbing her purse she headed downstairs and out so she could do some shopping, hoping she had time that evening to do her Tia Chi routine, maybe she'd be able to sleep better at night.

Having done a search of the area she easily found the first fabric store she was looking for, within an hour she went back to the SUV with three large bags of fabric and accessories before heading for the next stop then planning on stopping by the hospital before heading home.

Walking down the hall she knocked on door 312, smiling when she heard Sophie tell her to come in.

"Gypsy I'm so glad you came to see us!" Sophie laughed getting up she hugged the niece that was like a daughter to she and Vince.

"Did the two of you think I was just going to move in and not even bother coming to see the graceful one here," she said shaking her head with a huge smile walking around the side of the bed to hug Vince tightly.

"I guess you and I are going to have to sit down and have that same talk you had with me when I thought jumping off the roof into the pool was a good idea," she laughed, "We don't fly as well as all those lovely song birds do that visit the feeders every day," she chuckled her hands on her hips reciting the lecture Vince had given her when she was a little girl and thought she could imitate the birds and fly.

Sophie sat down heavily in the chair looking at her husband with loving eyes before closing them with a sigh.

"Gypsy I don't think I'll ever forget seeing him fall," she said with a frown. "He didn't think he was a bird he thought he was superman I think. He tried to tell me he was fine and as soon as he got done fixing the lose gutter then he'd let me take him to the emergency room to be checked out," she glared at Vince who had the sense to blush.

"Sophie don't get so worked up, I didn't know I'd broken everything I had I thought I was bruised and you know me I hate leaving a job half done," Vince reached for her hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

Sophie turned back to Gypsy. "So tell me dear how it's been at the house since Caydn decided to take up residence again?" she asked glancing at Vince who was watching Gypsy carefully for her reply.

Sitting there looking between the two of them she caught swirling thoughts and the exchange of looks making her wonder what was not being said. Shaking her head she laughed.

"Well last night I've got to say was fun," she giggled when Vince's eye brows shot to his receding hair line. "Caydn came in from some event, and we had a ridiculous discussion about how women's cologne tastes since he came in smelling rather strong. I apparently insulted him when I told him he should try something less over powering and feminine if he wanted to wear cologne," she explained.

"But dear he doesn't wear cologne never has for as long as I've known him," Sophie said glancing at Vince who nodded in agreement.

Gypsy rolled her eyes laughing harder remembering Caydn looking just as serious as they were at the moment. "I know that now but I think he told me that only after I asked if he'd made it a habit of licking the throats, wrists and cleavage of his associate's wives," she giggled uncontrollably when Sophie gasped in shock covering her mouth.

"Don't worry he wasn't offended and even told me he hoped I laughed hard enough my stomach muscles punished for making fun of him," she said trying to gain control of herself. "I've got to say that was a more light hearted conversation than the one we had when he realized I was answering questions before he'd asked," she dropped her eyes glancing at Vince sheepishly. "I wasn't doing it intentionally he was just 'thinking' rather loudly and it was impossible for me to ignore him," she explained.

Vince squeezed Sophie's hand gently clearing his throat. "I know you didn't do it intentionally dear you've never been one to use the skills and gifts you have to eavesdrop, but I doubt you've ever met someone with many of the same gifts," he explained.

"How did that conversation go?" Sophie asked.

Getting up she walked to the window, "Well at first it went well but the longer we talked I could feel he's disturbed at the thought of my being there so I decided I'm going to look for a place of my own as soon as I can. He said he's going to be home for a extended stay, possibly months," she said softly.

Vince snorted pulling himself up slightly, "Now there's no need in doing that Gypsy," he said firmly, "you just need to understand Caydn's someone with the same talents so he knows and understands the advantages and disadvantages something like that could cause," he explained smiling when she turned around to face him nodding her understanding.

"He's also a topnotch business man who's thrown his life into building the empire he's created by hard work and meticulous skills. I can only imagine his first reaction would be that someone with your skills could be a danger if you decided to be."

"I'd had every intention of being moved out by this evening," she admitted quietly, "but he made it a point of telling me he wanted to see some of my designs and sketches this evening. So I figured with as many people as he knows it'd be silly for me to leave just in case he thought of someone who might be able to help me," she grinned when both of them laughed, shaking their heads and rolled their eyes in unison.

"You've got some of your grandfather's business skills hidden in that head of yours I can tell," Vince groaned, "I just hope Caydn recognizes that skill and knows he might have the business trump card pulled on him soon."

Pushing away from the window she walked to the side of the bed, standing between the two of them reaching for their hands. "I wouldn't do anything like that but for the first time in a very long time I feel like this might've been a positive move in my life and I'm going to make the best of it," she said proudly.

"I'm going to stop by the market on my way home do you have any idea what Caydn might like to eat Sophie? I thought maybe fixing a nice dinner would be nice since I'm hoping to pick his brain for business contacts?" she asked with an evil grin.

Sophie shook her head doing her best not to look at Vince. "Dear Caydn doesn't eat at home he always goes out, taking his meals at a social affair so he can do two things at once," she said mildly, "no need to worry about cooking. Before I forget when they did Vince's evaluation the doctor told us there's a chance they might be able to arrange for some home therapy so he doesn't have to stay here the full three weeks they originally thought," Sophie smiled, "we'll know more in the next day or so."

"That'd be great," Gypsy laughed. "You know I've got to say that man has odder habits than anything I've ever done but it's nice to know I'm not the only eccentric one in the house," she laughed, "I'm going to get going so I can get to the market and take some time to work out before I show him what I have."

Waving good bye she started down the hallway leaving Vince and Sophie staring at the door silently before they looked at one another their eyes meeting, worry showing in Sophie's while Vince's danced with humor.

"I don't see how you'd think of this as funny," Sophie said with a sigh

Shrugging his shoulders he just smiled at her, "I think it'll be good for both of them to butt heads and have a chance to laugh at someone for once and not take everything so damn seriously, and my dearest. Keep in mind our own daughter's found the love of her life and soul mate in Phillip and he's no different than Caydn. Why would it be so bad if Caydn and Gypsy each found the one missing piece they're both searching for?" he asked her squeezing her hand tightly with reassurance.

Shrugging the black satin robe over his shoulders, walking out of his room toward the kitchen, the only room with a light on in the entire house, he poured himself a cup of coffee apparently Gypsy had made.

He saw the thick slice of raw beef on the counter, chuckling silently wondering if she'd put two and two together, thinking she could offer him raw bloody meat to satisfy him and preventing him from ravaging society with his eating habits. Shaking his head he walked to the bay window looking out over the pool noticing the lights surrounding the pool and patio were on.

Her body was fluid in it's movements as she went from one position to the next her mind focusing her energy inward breathing shallowly. Bringing her feet back together completing the last stance she envisioned herself as water folding into a sitting position, her eyes closing taking deep cleansing breathes.

He knew the instant she was aware of him standing behind her. He chuckled hearing the deep sigh when she realized her peaceful meditation had come to an end.

"No need to stop on my account its fascinating watching you move it's been quite sometime since I've seen someone as adept with the movements of Tia Chi," he said softly walking over to sit in a lounge chair.

Unfolding her legs she stood up grabbing her mat before looking at him. "I was finished so its okay," she laughed, "I've also never been able to do it with someone around, I lose concentration," she explained, rubbing her arms against the chill in the air, "it wasn't this cold in Boston when I left, I guess we're in for an early winter," she mumbled to herself.

"It is colder than normal. The forecaster mentioned this looked like a bad year for nor'easters," he said glancing up at the clouds before looking back at her. "Isn't it a little odd that you did your workout before having dinner?" he grinned waving toward the kitchen, "I saw the thick sacrificial beef you'd laid out when I found the coffee, by the way thanks," he said raising his mug to her in a salute.

"I went by and saw Vince and Sophie today. I'd intended to pick up a steak for you also but Sophie assured me you seldom ate at home so not to worry about it you'd 'take care of acquiring your own meals'," she told him watching closely when he choked on the coffee suddenly.

Coughing he cleared his throat, "Interesting way of Sophie putting it I have to say but she's correct. She and Vince have enough to do keeping this place in order without my adding being my personal cook to the list so when I'm here I do go out and find my own meals and entertainment so to speak," he explained his dangerously dark eyes seeming to sparkle in the shadows.

"How's Vince?" he asked standing, motioning her ahead of him to the house. His eyes ran along the slender lines of her body none of which were hidden from view in the clinging spandex leggings and shirt she wore. His lips twitched slightly when she stopped suddenly, glancing back at him his expression guilty as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Should I deny it and say I wasn't looking?" he asked laughing when she spun on her heel stalking into the kitchen. His eyes followed the gentle sway of her ass, his mind wandering to what it'd be like to have those mile long legs wrapped around him.

Following her inside, he sat on one of the tall stools on the other side of the island. "To be totally honest if I hadn't seen the steak I had every intention of speaking with Sophie about your health," he said quietly causing her to spin around and stare at him.

She had a large spiked serving fork in one hand, a potato in the other when she turned around. "And what is it about my health were you going to discuss with Sophie might I ask since it's 'me' we're talking about," she asked defensively.

Caydn shrugged his shoulders leaning back watching the thoughts swirl in her amber eyes. "Well since you've been here I haven't seen you eat anything more than a small salad and some fruit aside from the pizza the first night you moved in, Gypsy even you have to admit you're dangerously thin," he said seriously, "I wanted to make sure that you didn't have trouble with a eating disorder of some kind and being here alone there was no one to help you if needed."

She laughed the sound bitter and angry. Not saying a word she put the potato on the counter, stabbing it viciously before putting it in the microwave to cook. Sending him what should've been a withering glare she opened the refrigerator getting out the butter, lifting it so he could see that it was the real thing and not some artificial non fat excuse for butter she cut a large chunk tossing it into the frying pan she had on the stove top.

"Let me assure you I don't have a eating disorder, I don't starve myself just so I can be so stick thin people feel the need to make fun of me and ridicule me for 'disappearing if I turn sideways'," she said her teeth clenched, using the serving fork to move the melting butter around in the pan.

"As a matter of fact I eat all the time, its just with the bizarre and odd habit you've got of never being around during 'normal' hours you're not aware of this," she almost snarled tossing the thick steak into the pan seasoning it.

He opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it when she looked up from the pan pinning him with her glare, lifting his mug he hid the smile threatening to erupt knowing it would only create more chaos. He found his body responding to the flash of fire he saw hidden inside her.

"Rest assured I'm well aware of the fact that I'm almost twenty pounds lighter than I should be," she said flipping the steak searing the other side, "I think I mentioned the other night I'd been under some stress and strain the past year or so which has made me the look of a lost starved war orphan. I'm well aware of this thanks to people feeling they just had to point it out to me."

Taking the steak from the pan she put it on the plate she'd placed on the counter. Turning she took the potato from the microwave. Cutting it open she made a show to slice another large section of butter putting it inside the steaming vegetable. Reaching for the butcher knife she'd used earlier she sliced a large bite of steak the blood running across the plate before biting into it and chewing furiously.

"I do eat but between stress and nerves I've not been able to gain or maintain any weight, I was actually hoping this move would be soothing and conducive to my being able to get back to a healthy acceptable weight and stature, thank you so much for pointing my issues out to me," she said taking another bite her eyes locked with his.

Walking around the island ignoring her he pulled a bottle of wine from the wine cooler under the counter. Checking the label he opened the bottle, pouring a glass turning toward her. "It'd be a shame to not add this to that dangerously rare piece of meat," he said with a chuckle finally laughing when she stared at him chewing as if she were destroying the meat instead of savoring it.

"I apologize for making my assumptions," he said putting the glass down beside her plate then walking back to the stool he'd been sitting in. "I should've gathered all my facts before jumping to conclusions," he offered gently, pleased to see the stiffness in her spine lessening a bit.

"Maybe if I go shower you can enjoy your meal and not attack it as if it needs to be killed as you're doing now," he laughed when she stopped chewing. Standing he shrugged his shoulders his robe coming untied allowing it to open across the broad expanse of his chest. His body tightened when her amber eyes dropped from his face to travel down his body, the appreciation obvious in her eyes.

"If you'll excuse me," he said his voice dropping deeper without thinking, his instincts taking over his rational thinking. Clearing his voice he almost groaned seeing her brush her hand across her forehead snapping her eyes to meet his. "When I'm done, before I go out for the evening maybe you can show me those designs you've been working on," he said turning, walking from the room, the sound of his door closing sharper than usual.

Stepping from the bathroom he shook his head. "She's the one who mentioned dangerous I guess I'll give her a glimpse just how right she is at the moment," he muttered grabbing his leather bomber jacket thrown over the back of a chair.

He'd left his hair down having little patience to pull it back to appear more business like. Tonight he wasn't about business he was focused on the satisfaction of both his hunger and his body. People had a tendency of withdrawing when seeing him as he really was. Over many years he'd conformed in order to continue his success otherwise he'd be bored without the challenge of something to do.

Walking into the kitchen he felt her mind freeze instantly seeing him. The black form fitting jeans and long sleeved knit shirt left little to the imagination, coupled with his height and hair reaching the middle of his back he knew he looked predatory. Tossing his jacket over the back of a chair he spun around to her.

"I'm going to have a brandy before going out. Would you care for one after your meal?" he asked raising one brow when all she did was close her mouth and nod. "I take it you don't think I look the part of a business man anymore than my colleagues do when I'm dressed as myself," he laughed walking out of the room, not waiting for her answer.

She finished cleaning off the counter taking a few deep breathes to calm the fluttering she felt swarm over her body when she'd looked up and seen him. She almost laughed when she looked at her fingers curling slightly at the thought of running her hands through his hair testing to see if it felt like the black silk it resembled.

Two glasses in hand he stepped back into the kitchen handing her hers and flashing her a smile that caused a blush to tint her cheeks before taking a seat at the table reaching for the stack of drawings she'd put there while he'd showered.

"Have a seat please," he chuckled, "with someone of your height in the house I'm beginning to understand how people feel when I'm standing over them," he laughed when she sat down silently her eyes dropping from his.

"Gypsy is something wrong?" he asked his voice dropping seductively his grin letting her know he knew exactly what he was doing when she snapped her eyes to his face rubbing her forehead.

"I really wish you'd stop that," she frowned, "It's annoying to say the least, and no there's nothing wrong but I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been shocked to see your transformation," she said sarcastically. "My question is how in the hell do you keep your hair hidden and not looking like mine does when I try and twist it up and make it look professional?"

I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers