Gypsy Designs Ch. 07

Story Info
Gypsy is visited by her grandfather, Barton.
8.4k words
4.8
22.8k
9

Part 7 of the 15 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers

All previous chapters are in the process of being edited by Archangel_M and will be re-posted as soon as possible.

Thank you for the continued support with the story. All of the feedback has been appreciated and needed.

~Shadow~

*

Gypsy stretched as she woke up seeing the sun shining brightly through the windows. Glancing at the clock she noticed it was well past noon. Laughing she got out of bed, blushing when she saw her sweater and bra tossed in the chair beside the door, remembering that morning with Caydn.

After showering she went down stairs finding the note on the counter Sophie had left, Vince had a doctor's appointment and they'd be back some time before dinner.

After making a sandwich she ran upstairs gathering her things then picking the sandwich up on her way out. She hesitated when she walked to the larger SUV but remembering what Caydn said about using it when she needed. Getting behind the wheel she headed toward her new business.

Pulling into the parking lot she smiled seeing the glass company already there and waiting. Caydn told her he'd called, making an appointment with their answering service before they'd headed home last night.

She was unlocking the front door when the delivery truck from the furniture warehouse pulled in. Showing the men the window that needed replacing she went back to the front to show the men where she wanted the furniture.

"Hi Sophie," she laughed answering her cell phone, "Yes they just delivered what I'd bought the other day. It might be used but it's mine," she giggled.

"The phone company said they'd send someone by to install my phone tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I get the glass cleaned up I'll be home in time for dinner," she assured her. "Tell Vince I'll be okay and I'll keep the doors locked," she said before hanging up.

After everyone had left she walked back to the storage room. Glancing at the window seeing the sun setting she moved boxes in front of the shelf, grabbing the broom and dust pan wanting to get the glass swept up before she left.

Looking around she made sure the doors and windows were closed, feeling a draft of cold air making the hair on her arms stand on end. Kneeling to scoop the glass into the dust pan she froze.

Taking a deep breath she wasn't sure if she wanted to close her eyes and wish herself some where else, or turn and face who ever she sensed standing in the door way behind her.

"The least you can do Gabrielle is pretend you're excited to see your own grandfather," Barton Currington said watching the slender young woman cleaning the floor.

Taking a deep breath she looked back at the tall well tailored man standing there, "Why would I be excited?" she asked casually even though she'd always felt anything but casual when ever she was around him.

"As I said young lady, the least you can do is pretend," he said sharply forcing a smile. "It's been some time since we've seen one another. I was hoping time would've made you more inclined to be accepting of me."

Gypsy laughed even though she tried not to, "Well I can say this is a shock if nothing else," she said looking back to the pile of shattered glass in front of her, sweeping it into the dust pan. "What's it been five years? Or possibly six since we've seen one another," she commented. Walking to the large trash can near the back door.

"I can see you still take after your father and the rest of that damned Chordane group," he snapped at her casual dismissal. "I was hoping that you would've grown out of it and developed some of your own independence. I'd forgotten you've situated yourself in that house with Sophie and Vince and among those ungodly people they work for," he snarled in disgust.

"Barton I can assure you I've had more than enough time to develop my own independence," she said hanging the dust pan up and placing the broom in the closet, closing the door to turn and face him. "Also how do you know where I live and with who?" she glared at him.

His face flushed as he stared at her, "Barton? Did you just call me Barton?" he asked shocked.

Walking to the door way she stopped and stared at him until he stepped to the side allowing her to walk into the front of the building. "Excuse me, should I've said 'Mr. Currington'? I'm sorry but I'm no longer able to call a man who decided he was to busy with his own life and pursuit of wealth to worry about something as insignificant as the grand daughter who'd just lost both parents. So I've no desire to neither call nor think of you as my grandfather," she said firmly picking up her bag finding her cell phone to check the time.

Glancing up she held her breath seeing the rage on his face and feeling an overwhelming rush of cold touch her as it had the night before. "You," she said suddenly. "You're the person behind what happened here last night," she accused him her mouth falling open in shock.

Barton looked around the room ignoring her as if he didn't have any idea what she was talking about. "I think you're still living in that same fantasy world you did when you were a child. I wasn't here last night so you'd know I had nothing to do with what looks like vandals smashing a window," he laughed sarcastically. "I can see I've neglected you for far to long hoping that you'd come to your senses and come to me," he said harshly.

"I really hate to tell you this but whatever you seem to be waiting for isn't there. You had little to do with me when I was a child and you turned your back on me at the one time in my life when I could've used the support. I'd say that what ever long lost reunion you thought there'd be you're sadly mistaken," she said flipping her cell phone open dialing 911.

"Yes can you please send an officer to the Dayton properties on Main Street? I have someone who's broken in and I'd like them removed," she told the dispatcher.

"Gabrielle!" he said shouted his face turning red with anger, "I can see you've been influenced, but the question is have you allowed those unclean ungodly heathens to touch you? Have you been ignorant enough to let them take you, becoming their whore?" He snarled at her, his hands tightening into fists repeatedly while pacing.

"You see Gabrielle I know all about what the 'great Chordane's' have done through out their lives. I intend to put a stop to all of you and to them," he stopped pacing to glare at her.

The rush of bitter cold she felt would've knocked her backwards had she not been standing near the door. She not only heard the anger and bitterness but felt every bit of it bombarding her. The roaring in her head was almost overwhelming, as she fought the urge to put her hands over her ears to block out the rage and the pain.

"I'll not let them have you. To taint you and make you into one of them when you could focus your talents on helping me," he snapped, looking toward the window seeing a patrol car pulling into the lot.

Pointing at her he stared, "I'll kill you myself before I allow them to have their way with you. Rest assured you'll be getting another visit from me," he said flinging his arm to the side, before spinning on his heel disappearing to the back.

Gypsy felt her body moving before she had a chance to grab onto anything. The world seemed to be spinning around her before slamming into the large built in shelves, across the room near the door.

Shaking her head she heard someone knocking loudly on the door. Looking up she saw two officers standing there staring in at her. Looking around she saw her bag had spilled, her things scattered on the floor around her. Reaching for her keys she crawled toward the door unlocking it, sitting back as the officers rushed in.

She felt the large knot on her forehead when she brushed her hair back out of her face. Pointing to the back when one officer asked quickly where the intruder had gone. The other knelt down making sure she was okay.

She was finishing her report to the officers and thanking the ambulance attendants when Caydn and Christian walked through the front door.

Gypsy met his eyes quickly, asking him to not make a big deal out of it until she had a chance to talk to him, knowing he'd hear what she was thinking. Taking her bag from the younger officer who'd picked it all up for her she smiled at him in thanks.

"Officer have you arrested anyone for this?" Caydn asked stopping beside Gypsy his hand coming to rest on her shoulder, letting her know he'd heard her.

"Mr. Vaughn I'm sorry to say we haven't. Since we do have a name and description it shouldn't be too difficult for us to bring Mr. Currington in and press charges," the officer said closing his report book.

Christian spun around staring at the officer, "Did you said Currington, as in Barton Currington?" he asked.

"Yes sir that would be the name Ms. Chordane reported as who entered, threatened and eventually assaulted her," the officer said his tone bristly addressing the tall European gentleman.

Caydn saw the officer's reaction, "Officer let me introduce one of our town's newest residents. Christian Vinleague, he's just purchased the large estate that borders mine. We've been friends for many years. I can personally vouch for him and his character," he said making the introduction seeing the stiffness leave the officer. "He and his companion Megan Martiya are very good friends of both myself and of Ms. Chordane."

The officer took Christians hand, shaking it warmly, "Nice to have you as part of our community Mr. Vinleague. I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances but let me assure you this isn't the norm for us," he added.

"Gypsy you ready to go home?" Caydn asked slipping his arm around her waist when he saw one of the other officers looking at her with interest. "I assume you're finished here now officer?" he asked pulling her against his side. His protection and obvious interest in her announced without words to all the men in the building.

"Yes sir we're finished. I was just about to ask if Ms. Chordane needed me to call someone to help her home or if she thought she could drive safely," he said with a smile.

"I'm fine Caydn, it's just a bump on the head," she said trying to step away from him. "I can drive home if you and Christian have other things you need to do,' she said quietly looking at both he and Christian who laughed.

"I have to say Caydn she's very worried about not disturbing any of our odd European habits isn't she," he winked at her chuckling.

"Christian you take the car. I'll drive Gypsy home," he said firmly. They followed the officers out of the building and she locked the door behind them. "You're not disturbing anything I need to do Gypsy. My concern is making sure your safe and taken care of. Sophie would have my head if I didn't bring you home to her," he grinned squeezing her hand.

Neither spoke on the drive home, she leaned back in the seat eyes closed. She fought hard to keep her blocks up until she had a chance to talk to Vince and find out what the hell Barton meant by what he'd said.

Sophie was standing outside the door when Caydn parked, walking around to open her door. Instead of waiting for her to get out he reached in scooping her into his arms carrying her into the house while Sophie held the door.

Gypsy saw everyone gathered in the kitchen, the worried expressions obvious on their faces. Dropping her head to his shoulder she silently asked if they could go to the study, knowing the inquisition would begin immediately.

"Megan can you bring a mug of soup into the study? I think Gypsy would be more comfortable in there than under that damn bright light over the table as if she were being interviewed by the Gestapo," he said before walking from the room to the study.

He set her down in a huge over sized chair. Reaching for a throw from the love seat her draped it over her lap, meeting her eyes quietly.

Megan brought her a mug of the thick hot beef and barley soup Sophie had made. Sophie walked in with some aspirin and a large glass of water.

"Thank you," she said taking the aspirin washing them down quickly then taking the mug of soup. "I know all of you have questions but can we do it slowly? And can I eat first?" she asked looking around as everyone was taking a seat. Jazleen wheeled Vince into the room.

After finishing the soup she told them everything that happened from the minute she noticed Barton standing there until Caydn and Christian had walked in. "I can't figure out how he got in. I know I checked all the doors and windows so when I finished sweeping I'd be done and ready to just leave," she said with a sigh.

"Victor told me over the past fifteen or so years Barton had been spending time with a wizard or sorcerer or what ever name you want to put to the man," Vince said glancing around the room for reactions. "Either way the man was known to be dangerous and powerful to both races. The man vanished about eight years ago. No one has a clue where he went, but I have an idea Barton had something to do with it," he shook his head.

Phillip leaned forward, "Are you talking about Damone?" he asked quietly. At Vince's nod he shook his head. "Damone's had a grudge against the world for centuries due to his only daughter falling in love with one of us. Turning her back on him and her mother while her mother lay dying from cancer," he explained.

"I had the displeasure of meeting the man once. I can tell you his use and knowledge of the black arts far surpasses any simple human I've ever encountered. I still bear the scars of that meeting on my chest where he tried to electrocute me," he said reaching for Jazleen's hand when she put it on his shoulder knowing full well the scars he mentioned.

Micah stood, walking to the bar to pour them all a drink, "Did the two of you have some sort of confrontation that he knew who you were?" he asked.

Phillip shook his head, "That's what always made me wonder. I wasn't doing anything other than stopping in a small shop to purchase something when Damone called to me. He was speaking so softly even I had to step closer to him to hear him. The next thing I knew I was between the buildings in an alley, feeling as if the sky had split open and I was spiked on every shaft of lightening there ever was."

"So Victor thinks Barton had something to do with this sorcerer disappearing?" Caydn asked moving to Gypsy's chair, taking the mug he scooped her up before sitting down, her in his lap.

Vince nodded, "The last time Damone was seen he and Barton were making a trek into the mountains. Some of the villagers figured he'd moved or he'd gone to the mountain to become a hermit. He wasn't very welcome anymore due to some of his less than friendly activities causing disharmony among peace loving people."

Micah glanced at Samantha, before turning to Caydn. "Samantha and I had a few more places we were going to visit in the states. If you'd like we could make one of those stops Texas, and see if we can learn anything of Barton's activities," he said looking at each of the men.

Caydn shook his head, "I don't want you putting yourself or Sam in any unnecessary danger, especially when it seems all to willing to come to us."

"I think he might've a very good idea Caydn," Phillip said standing refill his brandy. "Jazleen and I could travel with them. The women can do some shopping. He and I could visit a few business interests I have in that area. Between the two of us we might be able to ferret out some information and not be as vulnerable as if alone," he explained.

"Christian will be here to help should anything else happen until we can figure out how Barton's doing this. I got a call from Lucien early this morning, he mentioned possibly coming by if we're all going to be here," he laughed at the pained expression that flashed across Caydn's face.

Gypsy saw the expression also, "Caydn is there something about this Lucien person you don't like?" she asked curiously.

Jazleen laughed, "Gypsy, Lucien and Caydn have been friends almost as long as he and Christian. As a matter of fact if the stories Phillip's told me are true between the three of them they've broken more hearts and crushed the hopes of more men through out Europe over the past century than could've been written about in a dozen novels," she chuckled seeing Megan glare at Christian. Gypsy covered her mouth to keep from laughing when she glanced at Caydn.

"Lucien's a drop dead gorgeous hunk of muscled finely tuned man, ever created in any race," she said almost in a purr making Phillip raise one brow. "He and Caydn in particular have always seemed to end up in a rivalry over a woman. I think Caydn might be afraid Lucien will turn his charm and interest toward you. Leaving Caydn out in the cold," she laughed when Caydn growled at her. Standing he dropped Gypsy in the chair before pouring himself a stiff drink at the bar tossing it back quickly.

Turning around he glared at Jazleen and Samantha who were fighting hard not to laugh despite the glare turned their way. "Phillip why don't you and Micah take your lovely 'other halves' and leave immediately and see what you can find out, Christian you and Megan have the rest of the night to yourselves. I'm sure Sophie and Vince need some rest after all this excitement. I'll make sure Gypsy's protected for the night," he said curtly giving directions like a drill sargent.

Megan grinned glancing at Gypsy then the others, "I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but at least we were only ordered next door and not across the country," she laughed, the other women joining her.

Caydn made sure the security alarm was set. All doors and windows locked and secured. Not that any of those minor things seemed to be stopping Barton if he'd managed to get into the shop and it locked.

Gypsy stared into the fire still curled in the chair where Caydn had put her. With everyone gone the house was quiet other than the random thoughts she managed to catch from Caydn while he secured the house.

"I'm sorry I've brought all this confusion and disruption into your life," she said just above a whisper sensing him in the doorway, "If I'd known any of this I would've gone some where very far away and just gotten lost," she said her voice fading.

Caydn knelt beside her chair taking her face in his hands, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead beside the bandage covering the bruise and cut.

"Don't ever think that Gypsy. All this is because of someone with a sick mind spends his life using others for his own purpose. Not because of you," he said gently.

"Let me take you upstairs. You need to get some rest," he said sliding his arms beneath her.

"No, please," she said shaking her head, putting her hand to the bandage forgetting sudden movements made the swelling throb. "I don't want to go to sleep right now Caydn, can't I just sit here? You can go do any work that you need to. I can relax by the fire if that's okay," she said softly, her eyes refusing to meet his.

He looked at her for a minute reaching up touching the bandage gently, "can I heal that for you?" he asked gently. "It won't hurt I promise," he smiled when she finally looked at him.

Reaching up he gently pulled the bandage from the angry bruise surrounding the cut where she'd struck the sharp edge of the shelf. Brushing his lips over the effected area, his breathing creating a rush of warmth that flooded her senses, she sighed when his tongue carefully traced the area, sealing it as he went.

"The bruise will fade more over the next day or so, but the cut's healed so no worry of infection or scarring," he said brushing a kiss over her cheek before sitting back.

"He asked me if I'd become your whore yet," she whispered her eyes moving from the fire to meet his. "He asked me if I'd allowed you to taint me. Making me unclean and allowing you to use me as your whore," her voice broke. Closing her eyes a single tear slipping beneath her lashes unnoticed.

I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers