Gypsy Designs Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Instantly Caydn knew there was something Lucien wasn't saying, he hadn't mentioned a word about his own sister having arrived with Victor. Looking at him he saw the clenched muscles along his jaw and knew one person did know. He knew that if there was anyone who had the slightest change of controlling Lucinda it was Lucien.

"Lucien brought some clothes down from your room so you can grab a shower here before going upstairs," he explained pointing to her jeans and thick cable knit sweater thrown over the back of the adjacent chair.

She looked at each of them, not trusting her voice to tremble as she felt her stomach doing. "How am I supposed to explain my being down here last night, while my own grandfather arrived?" she looked lost, looking down watching her hands, as they twisted the soft comforter.

"Gypsy we've been down here over forty eight hours," Lucien said carefully. "I told them we'd brought you down here to allow you to rest and recuperate from the stress of it all. Anyone from this house, mainly Sophie and Vince know this room's reinforced so its occupants can't be detected," he explained.

She looked up, the relief on her face obvious. "So I can just say you brought me here so Barton and his goon friend couldn't find me?" she asked, looking at Caydn, who nodded.

Jumping up from the couch she grabbed her clothes, stopping for a minute when she noticed it was nothing more than jeans and a sweater. "You're not much on the things that go under these, are you?" she asked with a frown when he shrugged and Caydn laughed.

"I was trying to grab them, and not be found and questioned as to why I was going through your panty drawer," he said rolling his eyes, before leaning back closing them as if dismissing her.

Caydn grabbed her as she started toward the shower. Pulling her against him, he brushed his lips over her hair, just holding her for a minute.

"You shower and head up stairs. I'm going to get some more sleep and hope that idiot stays on his side of the bed," he laughed, swatting her on the ass before walking to the bed to lie down.

********************

Gypsy walked down the stairs breathing a silent sigh of relief that she'd run into no one since she'd come up from Lucien's dungeon. Taking a deep breath she walked toward the kitchen having heard Sophie speak to Vince.

"It's about time you woke up young lady," Vince said with a smile, from the table where he sat surrounded by men she thought she recognized from visiting her grandfather years before.

Sophie motioned to the coffee maker, while she continued writing the long list she was working on. "I need to run to the store since we have so many extra mouths to feed," she smiled obviously enjoying the thought of entertaining. "How would you like to go with me, so Vince can continue with his technical jargon?" she asked.

Gypsy nodded, leaning against the counter glad everyone seemed to busy to be paying her any attention. Listening to the men discussing security systems and all the components she smiled. "When did Uncle Vince get to techno guru?" she chuckled when Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Please don't get him started reciting his history, or we'll be here all afternoon," Sophie laughed. "Your uncle's actually more talented than people give him credit for," she admitted with pride. "Most of the young men spend some time during their training with him when it comes to system information and configuration."

"Run grab your things and I'll be ready by the time you get back," Sophie told her getting up, heading to their apartment for her purse and coat.

Gypsy drove silently, listening while the young man Sophie had introduced as Karl filled Sophie in on all the gossip and family happenings from her home town. When she'd walked back into the kitchen and Vince informed her that Karl would be riding with them she could tell by his expression there wasn't any need to ask why, it was for their protection, but something told her he was overly anxious for the job.

Karl faked a huge sigh of relief when they loaded the last of the bags from the third store into the back of the large SUV they were driving.

"Vince didn't tell you this was going to be a real job did he? One that would take hours," Gypsy laughed when he shook his head, ducking away from Sophie when she threatened to slap his shoulder for his disrespect.

"There's a chance, just a small one, but still a chance that Phillip's going to have Jazleen and Angelique come and stay with us so I wanted to make sure I was prepared," she smiled, her excitement obvious. "I'd like nothing better than to have a chance to get my hands on her while she's still small and impressionable."

During the drive back Sophie reminisced about Gypsy's childhood and the times she and Elliot would come and visit them. Pulling back into the drive Gypsy wasn't surprised at all to see both of Christian's cars already parked along side the garage, Caydn's larger SUV gone.

"Sophie if you need to go and get dinner started, I'm sure Karl and I can manage these things," she told her aunt as she parked.

Sophie shook her head, "I'll go in and get some help, but I put some stew on to cook this morning. If they got hungry they'd better have eaten or they can do with out," she laughed.

After helping unload and put away everything, Gypsy told Sophie she was going to go up to her room for a bit and when Megan came back let her know and she would come back down.

********************

Having heard the SUV pull back in she took a deep breath wondering how she was going to handle seeing Lucien and Caydn again, especially in front of everyone without wanting to crawl under the carpet.

She waited for ten or fifteen minutes hoping Megan would come up so they could walk down together. When she didn't she figured she might as well go down and not look like a chicken sitting in her room.

Stepping to the top of the stairs she stopped suddenly, not only hearing a woman's voice she didn't recognize, but also sensing some one's thoughts being projected toward her, instead of just floating around as most did.

Caydn looked at Lucien, as if silently begging him to strangle his sister since the last thing he wanted at the moment was a scene if he were to tell Lucinda to back off. Shrugging his shoulder he stepped away from the tall long legged creature, who tonight had long flowing black hair with white and startling blue streaks in it.

"Caydn, I really don't understand why you're being so stand offish," the female voice said carrying down the hallway to where Gypsy had stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"It isn't like we aren't among family and friends, who've known us and our little perverted habits for years," she laughed a deep obviously intimate laugh. "Even Christian's new little bird has to understand by now that we have a much higher sexual appetite than most creatures."

"Creatures, I couldn't have thought of a better word myself," Gypsy muttered loudly, as she walked into the kitchen. Everyone laughed except Lucinda and Caydn, who'd rolled his eyes when she glanced at him.

Walking around the counter she turned the water on filling the tea pot, before looking at the group gathered around the table. Noticing Vince wasn't there nor was her grandfather she saw Sophie nod toward the hall and understood that they were in one of the many studies privately. A few of the new arrivals were sitting at the table going over some papers with Christian. Karl she noticed was standing back just a bit as if on watchman's duty.

Lucinda leaned against the table her eyes moving over the tall long legged woman that she knew would be Gypsy, Victor's granddaughter. Glancing at Caydn she almost laughed, seeing that he hadn't taken his eyes off of her from the minute she'd come in.

"I take it you're Gabriella, Victor's granddaughter?" Lucinda said, pushing away from the table, to stand between Caydn and Lucien. Slipping her arm around both men's arms, she flashed Gypsy a brilliant smile, wanting to see how far she could play this game before she tired of it.

Gypsy turned around after having turned the stove on to heat the water for tea. Seeing Caydn standing there as if he were in pain, and the look of fury covering Lucien's face she wasn't sure if she wanted to throw something, or laugh hilariously at the situation.

"You have your information correct, but I hate to say I'm at a disadvantage since I haven't a clue who you are or even if I really care," she said without even bothering to pretend to be gracious. "Megan if you're free, I have some designs I wanted to see if you'd like to look over," she said turning to get a cup and the tea bag as the water started simmering.

Lucien shrugged his sister's arm from his and pushed her toward an empty chair at the table. "Gypsy this pain in the ass creature is my sister, Lucinda," he said his voice a snarl, "You can call her Luci, she loves it," he explained as Phillip, Christian and Megan all three started laughing.

Caydn smiled hearing the deep growl coming from Lucinda, before Lucien turned and silenced her with a look. Stepping to the counter, he reached for Gypsy's arm, stopping when she lifted her eyes to his, the frigid look obvious.

Lucinda never one to be dismissed, glanced around the room gauging the attention being paid Gypsy and Caydn. Leaning to her left she ran her hand along Karl's thigh, smiling at him when his frigid gaze fell to hers.

Gypsy noticed Lucinda's movement, and only seconds later was bombarded with the fury and hatred that seemed to erupt from Karl. Ignoring Caydn, she glanced at Lucien who'd stepped back and was observing the pair casually. His stance and Phillip's expression let her know there wasn't anything casual about it.

"I think we have other things we need to discuss and you and Megan can go over something as trivial as designs afterward," Caydn said with a frown, leaning against the counter.

Setting the kettle back on the stove after filling her cup, she turned to face him, her attitude flashing in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry you seem to think the business I'm busting my ass to build is so trivial, but let me assure you I don't think it is. I really don't care what type of discussion, or should I call it catching up you'd like to do now that you have other guests, but I have work to do," she said her voice flat. "If you'll excuse me," she turned and stepped past him, walking out of the room.

Megan found her sitting on the floor of her room surrounded by designs and fabric. She sat down be side her smiling when Gypsy looked up with a frown.

"I've got to tell you, that was amazing," she laughed, hugging Gypsy's stiff body tightly. "I've wanted to say something to that damn bitch since she got here but I haven't to keep from upsetting Sophie any more than she's been with everything happening," she said leaning back against the bed with a dramatic sigh.

Closing her eyes she let her head fall. "Damn it, I didn't even think of how all of this would be affecting her," she said softly. "The past few days have just been really trying, I forgot it had to be for her to."

"Gypsy, don't worry about it, I'm sure she'll understand," Megan said trying to reassure her best friend.

"She does understand," Sophie said as she closed the door behind her. "I wish Lucien would grab her by the back of the neck and shake her until she remembers who she is, and the family she comes from and learns to behave," she said with a glowering frown, before flopping down in an arm chair. "She even decided to try and make Karl one of her play things, but thankfully he's stronger than that," she said with a chuckle. Gypsy and Megan exchanged silent glances since both knew the men were curious of his reaction.

Looking at the young women Sophie shook her head, "I know Lucinda's parents, if they were to see her acting like this, her mother would have her hide and her father would tack it to the wall," she laughed seeing Gypsy and Megan smiling, containing their laughter.

Gypsy sat her cup down and took a deep breath. "Well since both of you are here, let's make sure we go over these designs so no one can ever say we came up here to hide," she laughed softly, handing each woman a sheet with designs and notes she'd made.

********************

"I'm sorry Caydn but it looks like your little bird has flown the coop," she said with a catty smile, ignoring her brother's glare. "I was so hoping to find that you'd found someone who had enough back bone to be suitable for you, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case."

Vince smothered a cough knowing Gypsy, Megan and his wife were only a few steps behind him, and had to have heard everything, this wasn't going to end as well as Lucinda hoped.

"Luci, I think it was Lucien said your name was," Gypsy said the sarcasm painfully obvious when she stopped in the doorway behind the woman, while Caydn faced her. "First off, I really don't like being called a 'bird' or any other animal of the various species out there. Nor do I like someone butting in where they have little to no business in my affairs," she said firmly locking eyes with the tall exotic looking woman who'd she spun on her heel at Gypsy's voice.

Caydn stepped around Lucinda, taking Gypsy's hand pulling her to his side, squeezing her fingers gently, proud of her.

"I'm not sure what it is, I should call you then since 'little bird' does seem to fit those of a weaker species," Lucinda said with forced sweetness.

"I have a name," Gypsy said leaning against Caydn, wrapping her arm causally around his waist just to annoy the woman. "Gypsy is what most people call me, but again those are my friends, so Gabriella will do," she said meeting her stare steadily.

"It seems like there are always things people aren't telling me," Victor said quietly, as he stood behind his granddaughter who was wrapped intimately against the side of one of his friends.

"Victor," Gypsy squealed, turning to see him standing there. Pulling away from Caydn, she stepped into his open arms hugging him in return tightly.

Caydn laughed, meeting the man's eyes over her shoulder. "And what would it be that no one's filled you in on this time?" he asked with a wolfish smile. Looking to Victors left, he noticed Karl standing off to the side as if he'd followed Victor from the study. His eyes flared when he'd seen Gypsy with her arm wrapped around him.

Victor held Gypsy's arms as he stepped back, looking at the breath taking beauty his youngest granddaughter had become. "It seems no one told me one of my oldest friends had met with her high standards," he chuckled, brushing his hand over her cheeks, as she blushed and glanced at Caydn.

"Let's you and I spend some time getting caught up," Victor said, tucking her hand over his arm, turning them back toward the library. "Karl I think it would be safe to say we'll not be discussing anymore planning tonight, so you can relax and catch up on your rest," he told the tall muscled man who silently nodded and walked toward the kitchen, dismissed.

Gypsy walked with him down the hall into the study. She sat on the arm of a chair near the fire while Victor stood near it looking into the flames.

"I have to admit one of the few things I miss is a roaring fire to sooth these old bones of mine," Victor said with a chuckle when he turned to face his granddaughter. Holding his arms out to her, he wrapped them around her tightly when she rushed to him, tearing breaking the damn cascading down her face.

"You're breaking my heart with every one of those tears that fall from those beautiful amber eyes of yours, my little Gypsy," he said gently, nodding silently to Caydn who'd stopped at the door. "Every one of them is a stab to my heart with the knowledge of all the years I've left you to fend for yourself, without some of the knowledge I could've given you," he whispered, brushing his cheek against her hair.

She sensed Caydn near before he silently stepped away allowing she and her grandfather time to themselves. Brushing the tears from her face she leaned back slightly, looking up into the tender caring amber eyes that matched hers.

"None of it was your fault," she said her voice shaking. "There isn't any fault. I spent years wondering if my life would've been easier and more normal if daddy hadn't married Evelyn, but then it dawned on me I wouldn't be here if he hadn't," she chuckled, shaking her head, when he smiled and nodded.

"I couldn't have said that any better myself, my dear," he said hugging her tightly before stepping back, pulling her to sit beside him on the couch. "I just hope we can make up for all those years of unhappiness with several years of nothing but happiness," he smiled at her.

"Things since I've been here, has almost made up for most of it," she blushed, realizing how that sounded. "Starting my business and being here with Sophie and Vince has been more then I couldn't ever asked for," she laughed when he rolled his eyes at her as if he didn't believe she'd told him everything.

"That 'creature' I think you called her," he laughed when she closed her eyes and tried to cover her face. "I asked Lucinda to join me since she had some information about some of the things Barton and Damon have been doing in Germany. I thought it might be useful to Lucien and Caydn since they're dealing with them here." He explained.

Gypsy took a deep breath, "I know I shouldn't have said that, but it seems like things come out of my mouth before I even finishing thinking them at times," she shrugged her shoulders, not all together sorry for having called her a creature.

"From what I've been told and observed since I've been here, I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Caydn isn't the least bit interested in her," he told her reaching over to squeeze her hand. "He seems more than a little taken with you and not being biased I think he's made the best choice." He laughed.

"I know I have," Caydn said softly as he stepped into the room. "Luci is like an annoying little sister, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for Lucien having to be her twin," he said with a chuckle.

Victor shook his head, "Lucinda isn't all that difficult if you know how to handle her," he said smoothly.

Lucien walked to the door, leaning against the frame. "If my memory serves me right there was a time centuries ago, where you would've considered 'handling' her for a few hours," he laughed loudly, when Gypsy almost growled beneath her breath when she turned to stare at Caydn, who was closing his eyes and taking a deep breath of exasperation.

"You call yourself a 'brother' when it sounds like you sat back and was willing to allow a cad like this," she said pointing at Caydn after she'd stood up, stepping back out of his reach. "To try and 'handle' your own twin. That speaks volumes about you also," she said, side stepping around his tall lean body lounging against the door frame.

Caydn glanced at Lucien, who was smiling while watching Gypsy stomp her way up the stairs toward her room. Turning to look at Victor who was fighting to contain his smile met his eyes.

"Did he ever know when to keep his mouth shut? If so please refresh my memory, since I can't think of one," Caydn said with a slight snarl.

"Not that my memory goes back as far as either of yours, but what I do know is neither of you have ever had much common sense when it came to females," he laughed at Caydn's pained expression and Lucien's wolfish grin.

********************

Gypsy stood very still while Sophie pinned the hem of the dress they'd been piecing together for her to wear Friday. Looking toward the door she saw Karl talking to Vince, when he stopped on his way to the guest house.

"I feel like I'm living in a prison camp," she muttered as she turned, following Sophie's directions.