H i s t o r y

Story Info
Do you want to hear a story about History?
1.5k words
3.88
6.9k
7
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers

Copyright © 2018 - This is an original work by Zeb Carter and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Author's Note: Another flash story about... History. No sex in this one either.

H i s t o r y

Sitting at the bar on an uncomfortable stool, Jim Brink sipped his bourbon slowly. In the mirror behind the bar, he could see all the patrons of the bar, all four of them. Three were sitting at a table listening to the fourth as he told them a story. What drew Jim's interest was a phrase the man telling the story used. 'Just because they write the shit down and call it history doesn't mean it's true.' When Jim first heard those words, he thought to himself, 'another conspiracy nut'. Then as the man continued, Jim started to realize that maybe he wasn't.

After about a half-an-hour the man finished his story to the laughter of those gathered around his table. More curious then ever Jim rose walking over to the man's table and stood there waiting to be noticed.

"Ah, friend, have a seat," the man said.

"Thanks, I'm Ji...," Jim started to say.

"No names friend, no names. Just some polite conversation and a few drinks."

"Sure, I heard bits and pieces of your story but didn't quite get the whole thing. It sounded...interesting."

"That it is that it is. Let me tell you, I have led an interesting life my friend, an interesting life. It all started...now I shouldn't really tell this anyone, but as no one believes me anyway what the hell. Now don't interrupt me with a lot of questions, just listen."

"Okay," Jim told him. "Would you like another drink?"

"Sure, another would be nice as storytelling is thirsty work. Thanks, friend."

Jim signaled the bartender and both men waited until the bartender brought the drink and set it down in front of the stranger. The stranger took a sip, smacked his lips and smiled setting the glass down gently on the table.

"I lay in bed, watching the fan circle against the ceiling, a shiver went through me. If you knew, what I know you would be shivering too. The world I live in no longer has meaning for me. Just because they write the shit down and call it history, doesn't mean it's true. I know the truth. For the last fifteen years, I have known the truth. For fifteen years, I have created the history you read about in the paper and history books.

"The department I work for has no name, no designation, it does not exist. I don't exist. The people I work with don't exist. Yet the things we do, the history we create does exist. In 1979, a woman who told me I could make a difference in the world approached me, a difference so profound that I could name my price. Just to be an asshole I told her I wanted five million dollars up front and two million a year for as long as I worked for her. I thought she would laugh at me and walk away.

"She snapped her fingers and two huge guys appeared carrying large briefcases. One was set down in front of me and opened. 'Each case has 2.5 million inside,' she told me. 'You will get your pay one year from today. If...you live that long,' she went on. I asked her what I had to do for that kind of money. She told me she would give me assignments to make sure things went according to plan.

"I was in shock...up until that time I had been a conman, a very good conman. My crew and I had made enough money to live well. She went on to tell me that I could hire anyone, buy anything I would need to accomplish my missions. I would have an expense account to pay for them. She snapped her fingers again and two more huge guys appeared with two more briefcases. 'They each have 2.5 million in them like you down payment,' she said to me. I nodded my head, she waved her hand and the guys left, leaving the briefcases.

"She then took off her sunglasses and looked me in eye. Now that her face wasn't covered by the large dark circles, I noticed she was very, very pretty. 'If you do not perform a job... er... an assignment given you, those four young men will hunt you down and drag you to me. Oh...and I do mean drag," she smiled as she told me that. I smiled back at her nodding as I closed the briefcase in front of me. 'I believe you,' I told her raising my hand in the air. Three of my men, not quite as big as hers, walked up to the table grabbing the cases taking them away. 'Join me in a drink?' I asked her. 'No thank you, I must be going. You have two weeks before you will be contacted, enjoy them," she told me getting up from her chair.

"She turned and walked away. That was fifteen years ago. Fifteen long years and what did I have to show for it? Well, I did have over 30 million dollars in the bank, a nice home on a very nice island. I always stayed at the best hotels in the world when I wasn't working. And, the work was actually fun. Imagining yourself creating history, how much more fun could it get.

"So, here I am laying in bed having just finished the biggest scam in my life. I watched the fan circle as the cool air brushed across my face. The thing about my latest capper was that it took four years to complete. I also had to employ thousands of people, some of which didn't even know what they were helping me do. And, what you might ask, were they doing? Well, let me tell you, perpetrating the biggest swindle on the American people since President Regan's election.

"Since that time the American people have gone to sleep when it came to running their country. Jimmy Carter was such a big failure we thought they might just have woke up, but we didn't know how wrong we were, the stupid voters seemed to be giving the nod to Carter once more. That was my first assignment, my friend and I stepped in and changed history. It actually wasn't that hard to do, a few well-placed people and the vote counts changed as they went out over the wire.

"Logs were changed as were voting slips. However, that all came long after the false votes announcing Carter had lost and then conceded. What we had just done was similar. The first step was to get the Democrats in charge of both houses. Then get a Democratic President elected. But, that's not the end of the scam. The biggest part was to get the voters to wake the fuck up and they didn't seem to want to do that. It actually didn't take much manipulation of votes to put the people we wanted in power.

"It's been over a year since the takeover and the people are finally starting to wake up. The country is trillions of dollars in debt...to China no less...and the projection of the next three budgets puts the country in more debt than the country can sustain. The population is finally coming to grips with the Change they were promised. By the way, I thought that slogan up.

"I just received my next assignment and it got me to giggling. My task, getting as many new faces elected as possible, which shouldn't be too hard, as people seem to be fed up with all those old faces in Congress. There was a caveat...get Pelosi booted at our first possible convenience. If possible, before her term is up. I guess the ole 'had an affair' won't work with her, but kickbacks and bribes taken will, I'm pretty sure.

"Well, I have to get to work, so I will have to say goodbye. Maybe we can meet again in a couple of years or so. I'm going to be very, very busy for the next year. Thanks for the drink, my friend. Goodbye."

With that, he gulped down his drink, stood and turned to go.

"My friend, just a few questions if you don't mind," Jim asked.

"I am sorry my friend but I really have to go. Maybe next time," he said turning away and walking to the door. He was gone before Jim could follow. A large black limo pulling away from the curb was the last Jim would see of him, until, a year later as the man stood in front of the cameras telling everyone how he would fix the country if the voters elected him president. He told them that 'together they would make history'.

The End

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers