Hades and Persephone Pt. 04

Story Info
Love is a powerful force.
3.2k words
4.66
5.1k
6
0

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/12/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sauscio
Sauscio
40 Followers

Persephone sat up a bit bewildered, taking a minute to remember where she was. She practically floated out of bed when she did. Remembering Hades's kisses and the feelings he made well up in her chest. She danced over to the dresser, throwing a soft pink dress onto the bed. She poured a bowl of fresh water, and washed her face before shaking off the nightwear and slipping into the dress she picked out. There was a brand new vanity sitting along the wall, Hades had it put in for her. She gleamed in the mirror, her cheeks already hot with a deep blush as she brushed out her hair. She again dabbed herself with the lavender perfume when there was a knock at her door.

"Come in." She said, turning around on her chair.

"Good morning, Miss." The maid from yesterday stepped in, following her were the other maids. One held a large bouquet of flowers in a vase, the other carried a tray of bread and honey. "Zeus sent something for you from Olympus." She said, and the maid set the tray on a table. "His majesty wishes to see you when you're available." The final maid set the vase on the bedside table. "If that's all you need, we'll leave you be."

"That's everything, thank you." She dismissed them, turning ravenously to the bread and honey when they had gone.

She tried to savor it, but it was too good! She was quietly ashamed at how fast she had eaten her breakfast, wiping crumbs off of herself. She stood up, taking one last look in the mirror before she opened the door and headed down the hallway. Her feet tipped on the stone floors as she walked through the castle, finding Hades in the 'Scale Room,' she called it. She sat at the doorway admiring him from a distance before he noticed her.

Hades's face lit up when he saw Kore standing at the entrance of the room, "That's enough for now." He said to the daemons. He walked over to her, leaning against the archway. "Good morning, Gorgeous. How was breakfast?" He greeted her, wrapping one arm behind her back and kissing her on the forehead.

"Good morning." She blushed, remembering how she wolfed the food down. "Are we going to judge more souls today?"

"No, I worked almost all night so we could spend some time together." He smiled, "You know, get to know each other some more?"

"Okay," She smiled at him, "So what do you want to do?"

['I want to fuck you, little goddess.'] Hades thought, looking at her gold, red and pink. She was like a flower, a flower he wanted to [deflower]. He cursed his own dirty mind.

"We could regrow the garden?" He said jokingly.

"Okay!" Persephone was enthusiastic, responding to his humor seriously.

"Oh, okay!" He flowed with her, taking her arm and leading her outside. "Show me your stuff." He said.

She grinned at him, holding her hand out to a garden plot, making herbs spring from the ground. Their smell quickly filled the air, making it fresh and sweet. She continued on to more of the dead garden, springing to life flowers, herbs, vegetables, fruit trees - everything her heart desired came up from the ground. She lost herself in it for a bit, and turned around to see Hades smiling brightly at her.

She blushed and walked over to him, grabbing his hand and leading him to a pot of soil with the remains of a plant, dried and matted to the dirt. She held his hands, palm down over it. She placed her palms on the back of his hands, and willed a beautiful pomelia plant to rise from the pot, making it bud and bloom several flowers.

Hades face was in shock as he felt her power rush through him. He slid his hands out from under hers, pressing his fingertips against hers and pushing their hands up, interlocking fingers. He leaned in, pressing his lips to hers, "You are amazing Persephone." He said.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"Come." he released one of her hands and, starting to walk toward the palace. "I want to show you something."

They walked to a large room, with two rows of bright marble pillars leading up to a set of stairs. At the top sat two beautiful thrones. She tensed her grip on his arm as he lead her down the gold-embroidered carpet to the stairs. When they reached the top, Hades took her hand, and gestured to the chair on the left.

"Try it out." Hades whispered to her.

She smiled and sat down, putting both of her arms along the arms of the Large chair.

"How does it feel, My Queen?" He asked, making her heart palpitate sporadically.

"Good?" She answered in a shy tone, unable to hid her red face.

He produced a small black box holding it out to her in his palm. Her heart skipped as she picked it up, and opened it to reveal a beautiful black diamond ring. It was a solitaire teardrop that shimmered and sparkled in it's silver setting.

"Oh, Aidoneus!" She marveled at it, "It's perfect!" She said, taking it out and sliding it on her ring finger.

"I'm glad you like your engagement ring." He was beaming at her.

Hades waved his hand, and two maids approached them, carrying a tray with 2 silver chalices and a jug of wine. They proceeded to pour two glasses and hold them out on the tray to Hades. He took one, handing it to Persephone and taking the other for himself, then sat down in the throne beside her.

"Here's to us: May you be happy as my Queen." He held out his glass, to which she clanged hers lightly. He laughed when she hesitated, "It's wine from Olympus." He took a sip, making a face at it, "Though, my vineyards yield a better vintage. You can drink it when you're mine." He grinned at her.

She took a couple of sips, enjoying the rich taste, "What will my duties be, as queen?" She asked, looking into her cup.

"Well... You'll be able to judge the souls of the mortals. You can command any one of the gods here, and..." He paused, "You'll wield the powers of the Underworld."

"Which is what?" She pressed.

"You'll see... it's more of a burden than power." He flicked his wrist, holding his palm upward and producing a ball of cool blue fire. "It's not too late to back out." He assured her, making the fireball disappear by turning his hand downward.

He downed the last bit of the spirits, asking for a refill. The maid topped off Persephone's wine too.

"I wouldn't dream of it" She smiled, taking a sip, feeling the buzz set in.

"I want you to meet someone." A sly grin formed on his face, and he slipped his thumb and middle finger in his mouth, ripping a loud whistle that vibrated Persephone's eardrums. She looked at him in shock, and he responded with a steady smile.

There was a thundering of footsteps that grew louder as something large came bounding into the room. A massive black dog with 3 heads came running towards them. Persephone withdrew into her chair, feeling fear as the beast came closer, Hades sat forward with both arms outstretched, allowing the beast to slam into him, all 3 heads licking his face and crawling up to place both front paws on his shoulder. Hades was scratching them when the closest head turned and noticed her sitting beside him.

She closed her eyes and held her hand out, letting the first head to sniff her, drawing the others' attention to her as well. They acquainted themselves with her scent, gingerly nipping at her fingertips until she was able to pet one. She started out softly stroking his head, growing more and more confident until she was juggling to scratch behind all of their ears.

"This is Cerberus." Hades said proudly.

"He's wonderful!" She laughed as she received a kiss from the middle of his heads.

"He protects the Gates of the Underworld." Hades said. "He's been with me since the beginning."

"He's a very good boy." Persephone praised him. He sat beside her, just within reach for her to pet him.

"He really likes you." Hades smiled. "I'm glad."

"Me too" She said, stroking the back of the horse-sized dog.

They sat for a while, talking about the Gods of the Underworld and their duties. They stayed and drank until Persephone admitted that she had had too much wine.

"I'll walk you back to your room." He helped her up, lifting her up completely when she stumbled on the stairs.

"I'm sorry!" She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck as he carried her back to his room.

He set her on the bed, kneeling down beside her and stroking her hair. "Whatever will I do with you?"

"Come here." She said, scooting over and making room, patting the bed for him to get on.

He crawled onto the bed, laying down facing her, his eyes a soft, glowing blue. She leaned in and kissed his lips, cupping his jaw with her hand and stroking his cheek with her thumb. He took her hand, kissing it and holding it in his as he watched her drift to sleep.

Persephone woke up alone, reaching over to find Hades had gone. She decided to take a look around the castle. She walked around, opening random doors and peeking inside. Some were empty and unused, hosting covered furnishings. She was able to find the kitchen, and the dining hall, as well as a study and another room that was decorated in a particularly feminine fashion fairly close to Hades's room.

She wandered through the halls to the scale room, asking a nearby angel if they had seen Hades. With no luck, she continued to wander through the palace, admiring the statues, pottery and artwork that decorated the vast hallways.

"Please, don't make this any harder." She heard Hade's soft voice coming down a hallway.

She also heard... Crying? She crept closer, slowly rounding the corner.

"But why?" A female voice cried. "I love you!"

"I love you too, but I-" He was cut off.

As she peaked around the corner, she saw Hades... Holding another woman? Kissing her! Persephone gasped, making Hades break the kiss and look in her direction. The other woman turned around to look as well, her eyes were wide, then she smirked.

She was a gorgeous nymph, standing tall and slender with her arms wrapped around Hades. Her skin was a deep olive tone, and her brown hair flowed like river silk.

"Persephone!" He called after her, breaking the hold that the woman had on him to pursue her, "Wait!" he called, but she was gone.

Persephone bolted down the stairs and through the halls until she found her way outside. She kept running until she was outside the walls of his castle - his prison! She ran passed the small houses of the dead. She ran for what felt like an hour, until her legs were screaming and her breath was gone. She stopped, huffing and struggling to breath through the crying.

Persephone fell to her knees, and her chest heaved with the heavy cries that she released. It ached with the deep emotion that her first heartbreak carried. Her chest ached to go home, ached for her mother - hell, it even ached for Hades!

How could he? Were the rumors true about him? Who was that woman? Does he treat her the same? Every insecure question flashed into her mind and she didn't have an answer for any of them. She sat and sobbed until she could no longer, and her breathing returned to normal. She sat up and wiped her tears, looking around herself.

Persephone became acutely aware of the fact that she could see nothing. All around her was swallowing darkness. She shivered as she found that she could hear nothing as well. The black swaddled her and she felt truly terrified. She turned around and ran the way that she thought she had come. When that seemed fruitless, she called out for help.

"Hello?" Her voice seemed to be swallowed by the darkness. "Can anyone hear me!?" It was like screaming at a foam wall - it seemed to suck the sound right out of the air. She started walking, calling out every now and again.

CRACK! - It was loud and staccato behind her.

She whirled around searching wide-eyed for anything in the dark.

Thmmmp!

She spun in the direction of the sound, her heart was going off like a bomb in her chest. She stood in the abyss, each second feeling like a minute.

"Persephone." A velvet voice whispered behind her ear.

She felt her legs give out beneath her (maybe her heart to?), she was unable to draw breath or move. She felt her eyes close but the black and the quiet remained.

"FIND HER!" Hades boomed at his guards. "I want every daemon and soul looking, and I want them to keep looking until she is found!" He was fully armored, and held his bident in an angry fist.

When he couldn't find her anywhere in his palace, he searched the crystal ball, and found nothing. He had everyone look about the castle, and still found nothing. Now he called for his entire kingdom to search for his betrothed.

"How can I be of service?" Hecate approached Hades.

"Take as many soldiers as you need - head North. I will have the remainder of my men branch out and search the other directions." Hades commanded.

Hecate nodded and called out a few groups of men to follow her. Hades directed Hecate, Cronus, and their soldiers to their designated areas. He then called out his personal guard to follow him and mounted his horse. Before they took off, Hades placed his thumb and index finger in his mouth, releasing a whistle that vibrated the ground.

The ground was disturbed once more by the sound of heavy trotting. Cerberus came to Hades side, and he scratched his good companion behind the ear of his closest head. He stood almost as tall as the giant stallion.

"Find her, please." He begged his good friend.

He shot down to the ground, sniffing around until the trio had identified the direction of her scent. He started trotting along, following her path, Hades in tow. They walked as far as they could go, searching for hours upon hours until Cerberus and Hades's horse were worn and tired. When Hades finally called it a day, his heart fell into the pit of his chest and beat woefully as he ached for his Queen.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to the dark, "Please be okay." 'I need you to be okay' He thought

They met Hecate back at the castle, as well as all of his men who had no luck in finding Persephone either.

"We will get some rest, and find her tomorrow." Hecate grabbed Hades's shoulder.

He nodded and gave an attempt at a smile. He was exhausted, and his anger and sadness was starting to overwhelm him. He felt like such an idiot letting that wench take advantage of him; in front of Persephone, no less. He was so afraid that she wouldn't want to marry him now. Surely there is a reason he can't find her. Perhaps she was hiding? Or maybe worse... Was something hiding her?

He slumped into his room, falling on the bed and grabbing the pillow that she slept on. He cradled it, placing it against his face and breathing in her sweet scent. His breath caught as he breathed out, and he found himself on the brink of sobbing. He pressed into the pillow and steadied his breathing. He continued to hold it back until his consciousness gave out.

["Hades..." He awoke to Minthe, sitting above him, holding a sharp object that gleamed in the candlelight. She brought it down hard, impaling his heart.]

Was she awake? Was she dead? Persephone opened her eyes, but still saw nothing. She tried to touch her face, but her arms were bound behind her back. She began to wriggle and panic, jumping in the chair that she sat in. Her feet were tied together as well, and she realized that she had been blindfolded.

"Don't struggle too hard, you may hurt yourself." The velvet voice spoke to her, it was a bit high pitched, but carried much vibrato with it - She couldn't tell if it was male or female. "My, I can see why Hades adores you..." She felt something brush her cheek, and flinched away. "... so pretty..." The voice cooed.

"Who are you?" Persephone asked, terrified. "What do you want with me?"

"Oh, my child." The words seemed to slither across the air, "You need not be afraid of me, I do not wish to harm you. I simply want my freedom, in exchange for your life."

"Please, just let me go!" She pleaded, but got no response. "Who ARE you?" She pressed, and there was a long, dead silence before the voice flooded her ears.

"Empusa." Like smoke in the air.

Her heart stopped, and goosebumps flooded down her back. She had heard stories of the terror and darkness that was the illusive monster, Empusa. Bringing nightmares and scars to any whom she encounters.

"Don't be afraid." Her words were like snakes around Persephone's eardrums. There was a smooth soft hand on her stomach, the fingers sliding around her waist and squeezing. "How I always wanted something so beautiful for myself." She felt the hand rub up her ribs to cup her breast.

"You're not going to rape her, are you?" another female voice sounded in the distance. It sounded familiar to Kore.

Empusa's malevolent laugh echoed in response.

"You have the girl, now, give me what I came for." The woman demanded.

The monster's laugh deepened, "A deal is a deal."

"Thank you." The woman said.

Persephone heard the sound of footsteps leaving, "Stupid nymph. She's never going to be queen!" Empusa laughed. "I'll be back, child. Be good." She said to Kore, leaving her in the darkness.

"Hello?" She peeped after a while of silence, but received no response.

She started weeping, soaking the cloth that covered her eyes. She was unable to wipe the tears away, the only sound was her soft puffs and gasps as she cried herself to sleep.

She awoke to cool water being held to her lips in a container of some sort. She spat it out, rejecting the offer, and it spilled on her. Empusa laughed at her, leaving her tied and soaked. that was the last time she heard from the monster; She sat alone in the dark for what felt like days.

She kept calling out, crying for Hades, her mother - anyone! She was starting to lose any hope as her voice became hoarse and she couldn't call out anymore. Where was Hades? Surely he is coming for her?

Sauscio
Sauscio
40 Followers