Half Breed Heart Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sylvia and her family managed to escape. They were small, quick, but the Princess couldn't follow. Sylvia had lost so many people she loved when the King's men had first attacked their caravan. She sympathised with Allestra deeply and her thoughts wandered to how she may be stuck in a tall tower, captive to a King who had a reputation for greed and cruelty.

That was her great idea for adventure, to go to the city of Thaldis and find a way to rescue her friend if she still wanted rescuing.

When she was dressed she looked herself over. Her sword belt hung just the way she liked it; across her hips, slung low to one side. Her black boots were tightened just right using the leather thongs that ran up the inner thighs, her britches hung low in the middle where leather laces wove together to keep the leggings up, and much higher on the sides to hide the strings of her knickers most of the time. Her midriff was bare down well past her navel, just as she preferred.

She took a breath in slowly, deeply and then let it out through a small hole she made with her lips. "Magic time," Sylvia said to herself.

The river banks were teeming with life. Closing her eyes she could feel it all around her like a warm embrace. The smell of the trees, the fresh earth, and the cool breeze coming off of the water told her that in this small part of the world, everything was as it should be. "Even Faerie boy belongs. Bloody arse," she whispered to herself.

Shaking her head, she cleared the frustration from her mind. Several slow, deep breaths later she was ready. Her eyes opened and with a running start she leapt half way across the water between her and the bank, fifteen feet at least, then skipped over the rest of the water's surface between her and the bank.

Clapping and shaking her hips, causing her silver belt of little coins and charms to jingle, she cheered herself. "Fae Gypsy blood keeps the luck from turning for long!" she cried as she spun on a heel faced the forest and started her long run through its lush green depths.

"Next stop Thaldis, where natures' unsure of whether its sandy desert or green upright tree land," she exclaimed to herself, referring to the border city between the deep forest and far reaching barren desert.

The happiness she felt at being near the end of her long journey was tinged with uncertainty and fear. She had never been out of the forest, didn't have any friends outside of her clan, and no wings to boot. She'd have a very hard time winning the favour or trust of almost any Faerie in the area, not that it mattered much right at that moment.

Sylvia knew the river marked the end of Elven and Faerie territory. She'd have to look very closely high up in the trees to find any and even then they might not be kind. That part of the forest smelled a little like the darker creatures of the wood. The kind that jumped unwary travellers, nicking their gear, eating their horses and even their masters at times.

She shifted her small pack on her back, settling it into a good spot as she jogged at a brisk pace. No horse was needed, she stepped lightly in the wood, knew the ways of the forest and made her way like any other peaceful creature in it. Anything on two legs would have a difficult time catching her. The journey was coming to an end, the adventure was just about to begin.

12