Half the Man Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mostera1
Mostera1
222 Followers

She looked back briefly to Mari and with wide smile, gloated just a little bit — Harper was too kind to be cruel to excess, but she couldn't help herself, "Thank you so much for splitting up with Dylan. He has made my life more complete than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. He is my lover, my best friend, my very soul.

"It was very good meeting you, but we must bid you adieu! Ta-ta!" Then much to the kids delight she swatted Dylan's butt and started for the exit.

Dylan picked up Pete threw him over his shoulder and collected his tablet from the table. "Well we have a plane to get on, you take care of yourself Mariette." as he turned with a slight limp to follow his wife and daughter. "Right behind you Lady Dove."

Mariette watched as her ex husband walked out of the mall and her life forever. She reflected on her years after Dylan. In truth they were better than okay, and sometimes even great. But after seeing him with his lovely children and hearing his wife's praise, she would forever wonder—'what if?'

Several minutes passed before she got up and left the coffee shop and when Mariette left, she was humming,

'I've got no strings

To hold me down

To make me fret, or make me frown

I had strings

But now I'm free

There are no strings on me...'

THE END

Voting is turned on

Once again I would like to thank DeYaken, Laptopwriter, and Robert for their able help on my story.

I hope you enjoyed this different and unique romantic roller coaster ride.

Comments are always welcome.

A special thanks to Postscriptor the best editor there is.

~

*

*

*

*

*

*

~

"You are such a beautiful cookie decorator Corrine," Mari said, and tickled her daughter's nose. "These Christmas designs are simply gorgeous." The little girl giggled and smiled.

The phone rang, and Mari looked at the caller ID. "Why would Monmouth Correctional Facility be calling? It's probably a wrong number." She let the call go and went back to cookie decorating.

Five minutes passed and the same number called again, Mari let it go again. After the third time, she decided to answer.

"Hello?"

A woman's voice came on the phone. "Will you accept a collect call from..."

"Mariette, honey is that you?"

"D...d...daddy?" The case broke when the phone hit the floor followed by a hysterical woman.

"Mom? Mommy what's wrong? Mom?"

The phone in two pieces on the floor cracked with static, "Mariette, Mariette?" a man's voice cried from the beyond the grave.

******

Stay tuned for

'Marionette'© a story in development by Mostera1©

Mostera1
Mostera1
222 Followers