Hand of Fate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BilyumQ
BilyumQ
84 Followers

Megan toasted her dad, "Thank you dad for making me the woman I am today."

Just as she described him Greg's eyes were tear-filled as he held his own glass aloft acknowledging his only child's kind words.

"My mom and dad have had a long and satisfying life together filled with success, happiness, travel, rewards, friends and family. Like any couple they disagreed once in a while but I don't remember a time when they ever went to bed angry at each other. Somehow they always found a way to make peace first. The advice they gave me was always sound and trusted even though as a 'rebellious teen' I couldn't show them that. Just kidding folks...the truth is unlike a lot of my peers at the time I never had reason or cause to rebel against my parents. They were the kindest, gentlest, and most caring and giving parents any person could ever have had and I thank God I was lucky enough to have had them as my parents. You'd really need to hear it from my children to be sure but I think they've also been the best of grandparents too. Michael and I welcomed and appreciated their help, advice and guidance in helping teach and mold Margaret, Michele and Michael junior's young minds. We valued their encouragement, support and the different perspective they brought whenever the children talked about how they wanted to pursue their lives. And I'm very glad they taught my children a lot of the things they taught me so well."

Megan had to wipe tears from her eyes too before going on. "Well I guess there's nothing else to really say, most of you folks know my parents almost as well as I do. So please raise your glasses as we toast and honor my mom and dad, Molly and Greg Hunt on the occasion of their fiftieth wedding anniversary."

The room filled with the sounds of well wishers. Corks flew from champagne bottles, glasses clinked and camera flashes went off. A round of applause broke out once again as the honored couple stood to acknowledge their guests. Several photographers knelt down across the table in front of them. Greg saw the bursts of light from the camera's flashes and heard the sound of corks popping...heard the sound of...

...saw the flash of the muzzle and heard the sound of the gun's report then felt as the lead bullet slammed into his chest throwing him back against the retaining wall of the garden above. The bullet entered his body and tore through his aorta coming to rest lodged against his spine. Blood gushed from the wound as his legs folded and he fell to the ground on the concrete steps of Picard Square totally unaware, unable to feel the cold and dampness of the concrete he lay on. His head rolled to the left and he saw the fleeing figure of his hooded assailant fading quickly into the distance. This was the last thing twenty-nine year old Gregory Hunt saw as the darkness of the night closed in on him.

BilyumQ
BilyumQ
84 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
5 Comments
vietvetvietvetover 13 years ago
A beautiful story in between:

The story ended as I presumed it would, and that wasn't a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the story between. It is a love story that I only wish could have had a happy ending, although that would have ruined the whole of the plot.

Good job and good writing.

Please keep writing and it isn't about this site, its about the stories.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Pretty good & different too

Much different than the usual fare here on Literotica, but that's not a bad thing. I don't necessarily disagree with the previous commenter about this forum being a celebration of life, but do feel there is a place on Literotica for other than fuck & suck stories; although those are fun too. I for one wold like to see more quality non-erotica stories, such as this one here. Hope this author writes more.

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 18 years ago
Darkness, Darkness

I am honestly not sure what to make of this story. It is certainly beautifully written, and the pacing is perfect. It became pretty clear that everything that was happening was happening in his mind, but the writer skillfully kept the ending a secret until the final impact.

But ... I don't know, it just left me feeling cold and empty. It seemed like such a waste, and it made me wonder if there was some event that might have triggered a different fate, maybe his parents' divorce, or something else that put him on the path he ended up taking.

I guess I'm just not real big on stories that end in death, and it kind of defeats the purpose of this site. To me, Literotica should be about life and celebrating the many ways of expressing it. Certainly, there are stories that do plumb the darker side, but even then, life goes on. I guess that's why this one disturbed me.

I will give you this much, you've written one of the more memorable stories I've ever read, and for that I salute you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

I loved the change of pace from the usual story found on this site.

Boyd

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
This was good

At first, I thought it was moving too fast. However, by the time I was finished, I'd realized the pacing was perfect! Good job!

Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

I Hope You Dance Ch. 01 The accident.in Romance
Fire in the Water The Sea calls, and so did she.in Romance
The Deadfall Losing everything - almost everything.in Non-Erotic
Insider Knowledge Young woman is filled in on the detail of a family tragedy.in Erotic Horror
Shiver Ch. 01 Marianna and Paul are reunited forever.in Erotic Horror
More Stories