Handsome Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After that came a fast ball down the middle and I caught it right on the label and sent it over the left field fence. Then Ed Saniki took my place in the batter's box.

"Coach," I said on reaching the dugout, "is he wild, or was he throwing at me?"

"Aubrey, I don't know. He ain't pitched much, that's for sure, but I don't know. Let's see how he handles Ed while he's batting.

Duane threw five fast balls down the middle, and Saniki missed two of them, and slapped three to the opposite field. Obviously, he could pull Duane's fast ball. Then Duane uncorked another wild pitch, perhaps twenty feet over the catcher's head. He followed that with a pitch in the dirt that had Saniki skipping rope to avoid being hit; then he settled down and sent a series of hittable pitches, each of which appeared to hit the middle of the plate.

"I think he's a Ryan Duren kinda guy."

"Who's Ryan Duren?" I asked, never having heard of him.

"Did you know I was the third string catcher with the Yankee's back in the 50's?"

"No, sir, I didn't."

"I was, and Duren was in the bullpen with me ... the late fifties, as I recall. Anyway, people sure thought he had a hard time seeing home plate. He wore these glasses with thick lenses, but his wildness, whether real or faked, served to make him one of the most feared pitchers in baseball history.

"His fastball came in at 100 miles per hour. He was as fast as Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson; Koufax too, but he was way before your time. Thing is, he help the Yankees win a pair of world championships during his brief but glorious career in New York.

"In 1958, he led American League with 20 saves and made the All-Star team. In that year's Fall Classic, against the Milwaukee Braves, he realized the lowest and greatest moments of his career. In Game 1, the Braves' Billy Bruton singled off him to drive home the winning run in the last of the 10th inning. But in the all important sixth game, he took the mound in the fifth inning and was still there in the 10th. He got the win, and it was the biggest game of his career.

"Yogi Berra, ever hear of him?"

I nodded that I had, who hadn't?

"Well, Yogi would tell you that Duren was one of the best relief pitchers he'd ever seen. Only wildness kept him from reaching superstar status. He just walked too many batters to be used effectively in the bigs. His specialty was really wild pitches ... not unlike those young mister Klosterman's been throwing, especially while warming up. No hitters got to cozy at the plate with him on the mound. I hear he works some with kids these days, but I haven't seen or talked with him in decades."

"So you were in the Major Leagues coach?"

"Sure, six seasons in the bigs, another five in the minors before I hung the spikes up and started coaching high school ball."

"You think Duane's faking his wildness?"

"Don't know, but I'll find out, how's that?"

"I feel better all ready, coach."

The following day I got what amounted to my first taste of real pitching. I faced five hitters and did alright for myself.

Only one got solid wood on the ball, well Champ Banion, our first baseman, took me out, with a long drive to left-center. The others struck out, or popped up. I walked off the mound feeling pretty good about myself.

Over at the water cooler, Duane sidled up to me and softly asked why I hadn't thrown at anyone, and I had my answer as to his wildness.

"Duane," I said, "don't ever throw at me again as long as I'm your team mate. Understand?"

He smiled and shrugged.

"I mean it. You do, and I'll come out and kick your ass all over the field."

"You mean it?"

"Of course I mean it. You might kill someone fuckin' around like that!"

"I know where it's going, Bree."

"Do you? Do you really?"

"Yes, I do."

"Well my threat stands. Pick on someone else."

He nodded as in understanding and walked away. But after practice, he was waiting for me and walked with me to my car.

"Give me a ride home?" he asked.

"Get in," I said after opening the trunk and tossing my baseball gear in. Duane followed suit, and I drove him home.

During the ride he told me why he threw at the hitters. "My stuff, if you can call it stuff, goes right down the pipe. It don't jump, serve, or drop. Right down the old chute. So any hitter worth a damn will get around to timing me and then hit the hell out of my fastball. I can't let them make that adjustment."

"Did coach talk to you?"

"Yup, and I told him what I just told you. Of course, I added that my control's pretty damn good. I can pretty much put the ball where I want too, so the wildness is just to keep them hitters loose as a goose up at the plate."

I was feeling better, and realized I liked him. "You got a girlfriend, Duane?"

"Naw, I only moved here three weeks ago, but I didn't have a girl back in Georgia either."

"Want me to fix you up?"

"You can do that?"

"I think so. I've never ... well, shoot make me a liar, I have done it before. Worked out well too."

"Who's the unlucky girl?"

"No, no. Don't feel that way. You've got a certain charm about you. It shouldn't be that hard to find a girl for you. Maybe one of the cheerleaders will go out with you, I'll have to see."

That night I called Leah, and after some lovey-dovey talk, I asked her about a girl for Duane.

"L. O. might like him," she said after a moment's reflection.

"L. O.? I don't think I ...."

"She's kinda new too, that's why I thought of her right off. Her last name's Sailor, do you know her?"

"L. O. Sailor? Are you kidding me?"

"What? No, I'm not, why?"

"Say the whole name," I said.

"L. O. Sailor," she said, and then repeated it. "Oh, shit! It sounds like Hello Sailor!"

"You're telling me it didn't occur to you?"

"No, it didn't!"

"Why not?"

"Well ... we call one another by our given names, you know, Linda, Joyce, Jessie..."

"So calling her by her initials wasn't unusual?"

"Maybe a little, but we never gave it a thought. At least I didn't."

"I bet you'll be asking around tomorrow," I said. "More like after I hang up the phone."

We laughed at that then I said, "Be sure to feel her out about it won't you?"

"Are you sure you don't want to feel her? She's gifted in the breast department."

"I like those nipples of yours, lady."

"And I just love your big old dick, mmmm, I can still taste it!"

"I could say the same about you and that sweet pussy of yours."

"Oh, you sweet talking bastard, you. Can you sneak out and come over to my place? We can do it in the backyard."

"We could, and get caught by your father, and he'd kill me."

She tittered, probably enjoying the visual of her dad kicking my ass.

"Tomorrow night, for sure, baby, and that's a promise"

"Mmmm, I can't wait," Leah said and sighed.

"Ha, you're probably rubbing your pussy right now," I said taunting her a little.

"Ever since I heard your voice, sweetie!"

"Can you cum for me?"

"If you jerk off for me," she answered.

"I've been pullin' on it for a while now," I responded.

"Are you close?"

"Getting there."

"I'm right on the edge," she said her voice dripping with lust.

"Stick a finger up your behind, that should do it," I said.

She made a little sound, probably of pain as her finger entered her rectum, and then groaned.

"You'd better hurry, Aubrey!"

"I'm coming, Leah!"

"Me too! Me too!" she groaned and one of us disconnected the phone. Accidently of course. But neither one of us called the other back.

12