Happy Anniversary, Baby Ch. 04

Story Info
Lauren and Staci deepen their relationship.
6k words
4.61
22k
10

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/24/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JonB1969
JonB1969
408 Followers

It was the most amazing thing to wake up with Staci the next morning.

I'm still working on the whole guilt thing. Specifically, whether I should feel guilty and how I should deal with it.

I know how this started - I introduced Staci to Jack so he would get to fuck a black woman, so he wouldn't cheat on me with a black woman. And here I am, doing just that - cheating on my husband with a black woman.

I should be feeling guilty. But I'm not.

I read an article about infidelity a few weeks ago, before I even met Staci, all about how telling a spouse about an affair was actually a selfish act.

Instead of assuaging their own guilt, confessing the affair had the effect of turning their spouse's world upside down. Trust was irreparably broken. Some couples never recovered from the breach of trust. All things considered, it was better that they had never known about the affair.

That I could well believe. I would have been perfectly content to have never known about Jack's thing for black women.

But right now, all that didn't matter. If I had never found out about Jack's thing for black women, I never would have gone to the club. Never would have met the beautiful young lady laying in bed next to me.

I lightly brushed my lips against Staci's face, across her chin and her nose and finally her lips, until a sleepy smile appeared, and her brown eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Lauren......."

"Did you sleep well?"

Staci smiled as she stretched. "Did I ever. What about you?"

"Sure did. Slept really well, in fact."

We both giggled as we kissed.

I said, "What are you doing today?"

Staci sighed. "As much as I would love to stay in bed with you all morning, I have to get going. I have some stuff that needs to be done."

"What's that?"

"Well, I have to go see my boyfriend. He gets a lot like a woman when we don't have any quality time together."

I laughed out loud. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, quite serious. It's bad enough, him always asking if I met anyone at work. He doesn't believe me when I say I'm with him and I wouldn't just run off with the first male customer that comes in."

Brushing her arm, I said, "Well, that's true. You ran off with the first female customer that came in...."

We both laughed at that.

Staci said, "Actually, I'm really thinking about leaving the club."

"Really? Seriously?"

"Yeah, seriously. Aside from my boyfriend and his jealousy issues, I've had enough of that place. The money is good, sure, but the environment, not so much. Why?"

"You won't believe this, but my company has a few openings and they are currently taking applications."

Staci's eyes flashed. "Oh my gosh. Are you serious?"

"Quite serious, sweetheart."

"Hmmmm."

"What?"

"Are you sure we should we see each other that often?"

"I was thinking I would love to be able to see you and at least talk to you, for a little while, anyway, more often than what we are now. Not have to wait for these secret rendevous of ours."

"That's sweet of you."

I smiled but didn't reply.

"I happen to feel the same way. I would love to see you more often, too."

I blushed as I shyly kissed her, relieved.

She said, "Is there an online app I can fill out?"

"Sure is. And I can give you my employee code."

"You'll give me a referral?"

"Of course I would. Your chances of getting hired will skyrocket when there is someone that can vouch for you."

"What sort of openings do they have, though? Janitor? Document shredder?"

"A little bit better than that. But let's have breakfast first and then I can boot up my laptop and show you all the openings we have. Okay?"

"Sounds good!" Then she looked at the time, over my shoulder. "I wish we had time to make love first. But I need to be going. Any minute now my boyfriend will start blowing up my cell phone, wondering where I'm at."

I laughed. "Sounds like my husband."

"I'm just glad I don't live with my boyfriend at his place. He would never give me a moment's peace or space."

"Yes, I must say, I'm glad that my husband is away, for a while at least."

Staci sweetly said, "Yeah, it means we get to play." Then she looked at the time again. "But I still need to get going."

"Let's take a shower together, at least."

Staci grinned. "At least."

I eased out of bed, then turned around and reached out my hand. Staci slid across the bed, put her feet on the floor, then put her hand in mine and stood up.

Together we went into the bathroom. Naked.

The master bath in my house is ideal for whatever purpose I care to use it for. It's almost its own room, done in neutrals, and peach and orange sunset colors, with a spacious marble counter top and a large sink, plus a nice large jacuzzi bath tub big enough for two, and a shower stall at the very end of the room big enough for two.

Still holding Staci's hand, I went over to the shower stall, reached inside and turned on the shower water. When it became warm, I tugged on her hand and she followed me inside the shower stall.

I reached around her and closed the glass shower door. Then I pulled her closer to me, and kissed her, softly, like she did with me last night.

Sweetly, Staci said, "I thought we were just taking a shower...."

I giggled. "We are."

"You do know I could kiss you all day?"

"I do. Because I feel the same way."

"I really do have to be getting going. I'm sorry....."

"It's okay. I promise I'll be a good girl and not start anything."

We both giggled at that. Staci said, "Don't worry. I'll make it up to you."

"I'm sure you will."

* * * * * * * * *

A little while later, Staci was ravenously devouring a bowl of cereal. We didn't make love in the shower, as much as I wanted to. But I made sure she got nice and clean, from head to toe. And she did the same for me.

After the shower, I dressed in a pink cami and matching pink lace hip hugger panties, my hair slicked back in a tight bun.

I got my laptop from the couch, booted it up, and showed her my company's website and all the openings we had.

Her eyes got wide. "Wow, I didn't realize who you worked for!"

I grinned. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"Yeah, I'd say so!"

"Got your resume?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I happen to have my thumb drive with me."

"Okay, so just click on the job you want to apply for."

A few quick keystrokes and a click of the mouse later, and it was done. Then all I had to do was enter my employee referral code to make sure Cheryl Montgomery in Human Resources would see the application first thing Monday morning.

Staci was fully dressed as she stood up, except for her heels, which were still sitting in the same place where she had taken them off last night.

I stood up as well, and gave her a hug. "Do you really have to be going?"

"Yeah, baby, I'm sorry. I'll text you when I have the chance."

"Okay."

"And thanks for the referral. If I'd applied on my own it would have been like beating my head against a wall."

"Believe me, I know."

"Be honest, now. Is this really going to make a difference?"

"I've worked there long enough that I know whoever I refer is going to be hired."

"How long have you been there?"

"A little over 14 years. I started working there right after college."

"Wow, that must be some kind of record."

"Believe me, I don't take it for granted, not in this economy."

"I heard that."

Then I said, "What about you? How long have you been, uh, dancing?"

"Not very long at all. I graduated last spring. I spent six months looking for work to no avail, until I was forced to strip. I could have just been a waitress at the club, but the manager convinced me to be a dancer instead. Said I could make a lot more money as a dancer than a waitress or bartender. He was right about that."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty four. Almost twenty five. What about you?"

"Thirty six. And as you know, my husband and I have been married fifteen years. We met and got married while I was still in school."

"Well, you don't look a day over twenty nine to me."

I blushed. "Thank you, Staci. By the way, when is your birthday?"

"In about six weeks."

"We'll have to do something special."

I followed Staci to the kitchen counter as she put her heels back on, then followed her to the door, where I gave her a hug and a kiss.

Staci asked me, "Are you doing anything today?"

"Not much. I have an appointment at the salon to get my nails done."

"Try to get them long, like mine. I'll show you some fun stuff to do with them."

I blushed. "I think you showed me a few things last night."

"Trust me, I'll give you more ideas. Send me a picture of your nails after you've had them done."

Not sure where this was going, I just said, "Okay."

"Here, take a picture of mine so you can show to the tech."

"Okay. Good idea."

Staci bent down to kiss me. "Don't have too much fun, baby. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Definitely. Don't forget your art stuff that I bought you." I held the door open, and she walked out, and made a right hand turn past the garage door and down the side walk, her high heels making a sexy click-click-click.

A minute later, she started her car and drove off, waving as she drove past the house and down the street.

* * * * * * * *

I didn't hear from Staci again until the next day, Sunday.

I was lounging on the couch with my laptop, when the phone rang. "Hello."

"Hey, baby."

A smile instantly formed. "Hi, sweetheart. What are you doing?"

"I was thinking about you and I wanted to hear your voice."

"Oh really? Do I want to know what you were thinking?"

Her voice got deep. "I think you'd like the things I was thinking about doing to you. Trust me on that."

"I'm sure I would. Can you come over?"

A scoffing noise came through. "I wish I could. But my boyfriend has me pinned down."

"Having you go everywhere with him?"

I could hear Staci roll her eyes. "Is he ever! As a matter of fact, we're at a fast food joint at the moment. I'm sitting at an outdoor patio table, waiting while he gets our orders. So don't be too upset if I break off suddenly."

"I won't, I promise. You couldn't come meet me at all?"

"Lauren, I'm sorry. If I made any excuse to get away, all it would do would be to make him suspicious."

"Sweetheart, when a man makes you lie just to see your friends, that's not a relationship. That's abuse."

"He wouldn't dare hit me."

"This abuse wouldn't be physical."

"What do you mean?"

"He'll use words instead. Hateful, hurtful words. Words meant to demean you on a personal level, to make you feel bad for even wanting to have a social life or be able to call your family or friends."

Softly, Staci said, "Sounds like you have some experience in that."

"Not me. My sister."

"Well, for better or worse, I'm stuck with him all day. So I can't come and see you, not today anyway. I'm sorry, baby."

"Yes, well, when HR calls you, make any excuse you have to make in order to get away from him. I would hate to see an opportunity pass you by because of petty male jealousy."

"Don't worry. I won't. Speaking of opportunities, did you get your nails done like you said?"

"Oh my gosh! Yes, I did, and I totally forgot to text you. I'll do that as soon as we get off."

"Cool, I can't wait to see them! Did you get them long like I asked?"

"Yeah....but I'm not sure what the big deal is...."

"Lauren, baby, just trust me, will you? I haven't steered you wrong yet, have I?"

"Of course not. When HR calls you, text me or something so I can be there when you go in for your interview. Okay?"

"Will do, baby. Thanks again."

"Anything for you, lover."

Staci giggled sweetly. "Back at you, lover. Hey, I gotta go. Boyfriend is coming back. Bye."

I looked at the screen on my phone. It said Call Ended. With a sigh, I took a picture of my new acrylic nails and sent it to her.

As she had requested, they were the same glamour length as hers were, except mine were pink - bubblegum pink, to be exact. I had a terrycloth bathrobe in my closet in the very same color, along with my pink cami and panties I was wearing yesterday.

* * * * * * * *

I had hardly been at work not even a half hour Monday morning, when my work phone rang. "Lauren Mitchell."

"Hey, Lauren, it's Cheryl Montgomery in HR. You got a minute?"

"Yeah. Just a few minutes, though."

"I'll be brief. I just wanted to call and verify this application I'm looking at."

"Sure."

"It's an app for the IT department's graphic arts section. The name on it is for a Staci Jasmine Summers and it has your employee referral code on it."

I suppressed a giggle and instead said, "Yes, that is my code, and yes, I did provide her with it."

"Ah, good. That's all I needed to know, besides where have you been keeping her all this time?"

I almost laughed. "Sorry, Cheryl. But I only remembered we were hiring just this weekend."

"Don't worry, I forgive you."

"That's nice. How come?"

"Because she is just what we've been looking for. I was just about to call her to setup an interview, except it's more a requisite formality than anything, because I've already decided to hire her. Don't tell her that, though."

"I won't," I promised. "Do you mind if I come over to HR when she has her appointment? Just for moral support?"

"No, that's fine. I'll let you know when I schedule her interview."

"Okay. Thanks for calling, Cheryl."

"Oh, no. Thank you, Lauren. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up, barely supressing the cheer that wanted to burst out of me and make people look my way.

Instead I contented myself with a fist pump and a "Yes!"

* * * * * * * * * *

I was on my lunch break when my cell phone rang. "Hello."

"Lauren, it's Staci!"

I smiled. "Hi, sweetheart."

"You won't believe what just happened!"

Playing innocent, I said, "What?"

"Your human resources people just called me to setup an interview!"

"Wow, already? That was fast." I played my part beautifully, if I do say so.

"I know, right?'

"So when is it for?"

"Eleven AM tomorrow morning. You gonna be there?"

"Wild horses couldn't keep me away," I promised.

"Do you really think I've got a chance, Lauren?"

"Staci, sweetheart, I know Cheryl personally. If she didn't think you were good enough, she wouldn't interview you."

"Okay. What should I wear?"

"That long sleeved one piece dress that zips up the front you showed me."

"With the boots?"

"Yes, with the boots."

"Hair up or down?"

"I would say up, but I'll leave that to you."

"Okay. Thanks again, Lauren. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, sweetheart."

"Okay."

* * * * * * * * *

The very next day, I was a little nervous, too, even though I wasn't going to the interview.

I was nervous for Staci. I really wanted her to get this job. To get her out of the club and that scene was just a bonus, but I wanted her to get some measure of independence, and potentially get her away from that boyfriend of hers.

Feeling rather conservative today, I wore a long sleeved black turtleneck sweater, gray a-line skirt and black suede dress boots with an unreal high heel and a platform. Then I slicked my hair back in a plain ponytail and put my basic face for work on.

Promptly at eleven I walked into Human Resources and saw Staci sitting there, wearing just the outfit I had suggested, her hair up in a bun, legs crossed, the upper leg bouncing up and down, nervously.

At my entrance, she promptly got up and crossed over to me, gripping my arms rather tightly. "Ohmigosh, you're here!"

"Sweetheart, what's the matter?"

"Ohmigosh, I am so nervous, I want to die."

I looked into her eyes. "Staci, it's alright."

"No, it's not alright, I'm going to-"

"Staci. Look at me. Take a deep breath."

She did.

"Now take another one."

She did. She sounded much calmer when she said, "Can you go in with me?"

"No, sweetheart, I can't, but I'll be right here the whole time."

Staci exhaled noisily. "Okay. Thanks. Do I look okay?"

"You look fine."

I couldn't tell her what Cheryl had told me. Instead I squeezed Staci's arms reassuringly and said, "Like I said, Cheryl wouldn't have made an appointment to see you if she didn't like what she saw in the application."

At that moment, Teresa, Cheryl's assistant, said, "Staci?"

Staci looked at me with scared eyes.

I reminded her, "I'll be right here waiting."

Staci got her purse and followed Teresa through the door, posture and carriage straight and lady like.

I sat down, crossed my legs, and started reading a magazine.

It seemed like I hadn't been reading the magazine very long, maybe about fifteen minutes, when the door opened, and a very happy-sounding Staci said, "Thank you so much for this opportunity. It's just what I was waiting for."

Cheryl herself followed her out into the waiting room. "Well, we can't wait to have you working for us. All of your information is in this folder. Your orientation is in two weeks. Congratulations, Staci."

"Thank you!"

With a smile my way, Cheryl went back through the door.

Staci turned to me as I stood up. "I got it!"

Just barely, I stopped myself from kissing Staci. "Congratulations, sweetheart. I knew you would get it!"

"Oh my gosh, I need to be going. Can I call you later?"

"Of course you can."

She made an excited squeal. "I have to tell my mom. She is going to freak!"

That made me smile. "Yes, go tell your mom. I'll talk to you later, sweetheart."

"Bye Lauren. Thanks again!"

Boot heels clicking, she went out the door and back out into the sunshine.

Smiling happily for Staci, I went back to my desk and resumed my own duties.

* * * * * * * * * *

I'd been home an hour or so, and was in the process of making dinner, when the kitchen phone rang.

I cradled it between my head and shoulder as I went about making dinner.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby."

Instantly I smiled. "Hi, Staci."

"Oh my gosh, what a day, huh?"

"Yeah, especially for you!"

"I know, right. Can you talk?"

"Of course I can, sweetheart. Jack is still out of town."

"Oh, okay, cool. I wanted to give you a call now that all the commotion has died down."

"What did your mom have to say?"

"She freaked out, just like I thought she would."

"Mothers do that when their child does something to be proud of."

"I know. But she has no idea I've been stripping for the past few months."

"You didn't tell her?"

"Hell, no. I didn't want her to have to tell her friends, 'Oh, my daughter is a stripper.'"

"I can understand that. Have you managed to satisfy your boyfriend for the time being?"

I heard Staci sigh. "I'm thinking about leaving him, too."

I suppressed the urge to cheer. "Unfortunately I can't help you there, sweetheart."

Staci giggled. "I know. But after that night when we used the dildos, I seriously did not want him touching me."

"Did you tell him about your new job?"

"Actually I texted him the news."

"You didn't even go see him in person?"

"Oh, he knows he overstepped his bounds last weekend. I made that quite clear to him Sunday night. I made him drop me off at my place."

I laughed. "I'll bet that didn't go over very well."

She laughed, too. "No, it didn't. But he knows he crossed the line. I'm not done giving him the cold shoulder. That's why I just texted him."

"Sweetheart, how can you keep seeing him? Seriously?"

Another sigh came through, softer. "I'm not really sure, to be honest. Can I come over?"

I smiled spontaneously. "Yes. But you can't stay the night, not this time anyway."

"Yeah, I heard that. I got too much to do tomorrow myself."

"Like giving the club two weeks' notice?"

"Oh my gosh. Thanks for reminding me."

I laughed. "No problem. What do you think the manager will say?"

JonB1969
JonB1969
408 Followers
12