Happy Birthday to Me

Story Info
Wife leaves on his birthday, too bad, so sad.
3.5k words
4.02
88.9k
110
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maninconn
maninconn
2,103 Followers

I haven't submitted anything for a while. I've written a lot, but haven't been satisfied with my endings, so nothing has made it quite this far. I've struggled, and tried various ideas, but just haven't been able to close the door. Then this story just kind of popped out of my head fully formed. So thank you to whatever muse got into my head last night! No B's got B'd, and there was no reason not to R so the AAC doesn't matter. The story could go into Romance just as easily, but it does involve a loving wife, and that's where I post, so be forewarned.

I'd like to thank my editor, me, for making this a better story. he proof red it 2x, butt i went back and fixe sum spot wear he missed sum things, sew don't blame him 4 those places, their mai fault!

Enjoy!

@@@@@

What a great day this has been!

I turned 45. Woo hoo! My kids threw me a party Saturday, then we drove them off to college on Sunday. Tina and I came home and celebrated our birthdays together last night. Her birthday was Friday, so the party was for both of us. I really thought that was it, but today it was my actual birthday, and Tina went all out for me. This morning, I knew I had to go to work, so I couldn't sleep in. But what a wife I have! She woke me with the best blow job ever. Then she met me for lunch and took me to the best steakhouse in town for a lunch of top sirloin with all the trimmings. She then took me across the street to the Hilton where she had taken a room, informed me that she had arranged for the afternoon off with my boss, and proceeded to fuck my lights out.

She had dressed in lingerie! I know, big deal, lots of women wear lingerie! Many wear something sexy every day, but not my Tina! She was a granny panty armored bra type of girl, and even wore stylish Kevlar to bed. But she went all out for my birthday. Lacy thong, stocking with garter belt, deep plunging lacy bra, and topped off with a slip beneath her sexy LBD. Ok, I know again, big deal on the slip, right? Well it is for me! Dammit that's just one more soft and silky layer to unwrap on my way to that hot a sultry treat beneath, sign me up! She was hot!

She was hotter once I had finished unwrapping that lovely present. Milky white skin, perfect globes of prime USDA choice breast meat and legs that went on forever. She had the class to blush when I told her she was as beautiful as the day I first saw her. Then she unfolded her body and opened up inviting me to sample her delights.

I did more than sample, I indulged. But I'm not a selfish lover. I took care of her needs. Then I took care of them again, and again before finishing myself. You see, I enjoy my climax much more after having lived through several climaxes that I've caused in my partner. We were both spent, and panting, and then she let me know.

"Del, that was wonderful. But I'm afraid it's the last time for us. I've decided I want to be on my own, after living with my parents before college and you and the kids after. The only chance I've had to be mine and only mine was that short time in college, before we met. I find myself regretting that, so I'm moving out.

"I won't ask for anything but what's mine in the divorce, so I won't be devastating you financially at least. And I do intend to divorce you. There are papers on your desk, you can sign them anytime you like, or not. I guess don't really care, since I don't intend to marry again. So if you don't sign them, we'll just be married but separate. It occurred to me you might someday find someone else, and it wouldn't be fair of me to stop you. However, it also occurred to me that I might be making a mistake, and someday I might return to you. If you can live with that, just leave things as they are. I guess it's your option.

"I don't want you to think there is another man. I wouldn't do that to you, cheat behind your back. And in case you're thinking it, there is no other woman either. I'm not mad at you, and you've been a perfect husband, lover and father, so don't think you've done anything wrong. This is all on me. I take the blame, and I will be calling the kids tonight after I leave so they won't think less of you. They love you. So do I for that matter. I will always love you. I just want to love myself now. I want to live by myself. I want to be selfish, and feel no guilt. Please allow me. Please let me go."

I listened carefully. I digested each word she said, and after thinking of it all, I decided it was ok. I know! I should have been pissed. I should have cried. I should have raged against the machine without going quietly into that good night! Well maybe that's a bit dramatic, but at the watershed moments in life, it's kind of natural to find solace in the words of great wordsmiths. Poets, songwriters and authors have probably explored every feeling and situation known to man. After all, that proverbial infinite number of monkeys have been typing away on their infinite number of typewriters, word processors, desktops, laptops, palm pilots and tablets long enough that all the great tales have probably been told. Songs raced in one direction through my newly 45 year old brain while poems whooshed by in another and quotes from sappy break up movies in another and great books filling in all of the empty spaces then... calm.

That's right. Calm. My heart didn't pound. My eyes didn't tear up. There was no sense of malaise or loss. Something felt right. Tina sat there, beautifully naked, worrying, and I didn't care. Her eyes watered. I didn't care. She wrung her hands piteously. I didn't care. She looked at me expectantly, and still I didn't care. I felt... nothing.

Her eyes were glued to me as I stepped into the bathroom, and locked the door. The sower was hot and luxurious. I took my time with it, washing all the good parts twice, with plenty of soap. Yeah a guy can't have too much lather in a steamy shower! I made no pretense of hiding my activity, and roared with my climax in just the way I usually do. I'm sure she didn't miss it. When finished, I slipped on the robe, dried my hair, and stepped into the room.

"I would have done that for you," she sobbed as bitter tears ran down her cheeks. "It is your birthday, and I wanted our last time to be memorable on your day."

What queer idea! But her tears and her wishes had no impact on me. She didn't want me anymore. The perfect husband, the perfect lover, the perfect father of her children had nothing to offer.

"Ok then, right! It was indeed memorable Tina. Thank you for my birthday present. So this is goodbye. I hope you find the peace and happiness you seek!"

I strolled to the phone and dialed room service.

"Good afternoon, this is Del Turner in room 1205. I'd like to order a bottle of Champagne. Perrier or Veuf-Cliquot if you have it... Veuf-Cliquot it is! No I don't care about the price, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating. Also please send a bowl of strawberries, and one of your hummus appetizers. I could do with a snack too. Thank you!"

Tina brightened up as I ordered. And when I hung up the phone, she slipped into the shower. She came out in the other bathrobe toweling her hair dry. The champagne and strawberries were there on a room service cart and her eyes brightened.

"Still celebrating, I see!"

"Yes indeed! It isn't every day you turn 45! What a great day it was!"

"Pour me a glass please? We can toast!"

"Oh... No, sorry. I only asked for one glass. You did say you were leaving."

"Del, I'm not leaving right now! We still have a big night ahead of us. I thought we would go out with a bang! Pun intended! After all we had a great run, and we can't let it end with a whimper!"

"Oh! Sorry I misunderstood. Regardless, I think 'done' should mean 'done.' I just don't see the sense in going back and revisiting things now that I know they are over. You're right, we had a great run! But now that we're through, carrying on would be too much of a tease for me to take. So I think it's best if you get dressed and go. I'll spend the night here so you can clear out of the house, and then I'll come by tomorrow morning and sign your papers. As for me, I have a birthday to celebrate, and have to find someone new to accompany me."

Her face fell. I guess I had gone off script. She slowly moved to dress, and while she did she kept glancing at me. I supposed she wanted to know if I was looking at her beautiful body. I could see her in my peripheral vision, but didn't dare give her the satisfaction of looking her way.

"You have plans for tonight?"

"Tina, I have plans for this night every year! Why would it be different this year?"

"I don't know. I just thought we'd spend our last night together. I had no idea you cared so little for me! You don't seem at all upset."

"Oh stop whining! You're acting like a twelve year old! Facts are facts. You don't want me anymore. You prefer to be alone. What can I do about that? Nothing! Why get all emotional about something you have no control over? I'm not going to waste my time chasing after a woman who doesn't want me after all these years. But, I do still have a plan for my life. It includes a happy wife to retire with, to travel with, to go out with and enjoy life in general. You were clear, you aren't as happy with me as you would be alone, or eventually with someone who may or not be me! Ok! It's pretty confusing, but I get it, no go discover yourself and be happy. Please go now so I can move on and find a date for the Emerald Club tonight."

"The Emerald Club? Del, I've been asking you to take me there for years! Did you know Frank and Connie are there tonight? They've been sold out for weeks! And who are you texting while I'm talking to you? How rude?"

"Emerald Club, Yes. I know you wanted to go, that's why I got tickets for tonight. I tried for your birthday on Friday, but they were sold out, and besides I thought you would like Frank and Connie better than Myrtle Sands, since you are such a fan of theirs. So yes I knew they were there. That was the plan. I'm texting Jennie Klein to see if she wants to go. As I said, I need someone to accompany me in my ex wife's place..."

"Ex Wife! Not yet! There is still the matter..."

"Legal schmiegel. Tina, your speech earlier was our real divorce. You are gone emotionally, and mentally, and I have no idea why you are still here physically. You got your last hurrah before leaving for your solitary Journey of discovery. The sex was good, your message was clear, my acceptance is complete, and yet you refuse to leave me alone. Come on, you just declared your free agency! Like it or not, that means you've given me mine!"

Ding.

We both looked at my phone, knowing the text it just announced was another milestone in the slow death of our marriage. I picked it up and read it, without sharing the answer with Tina.

"Well? What did she say?"

"Doesn't matter. It's not your business."

"Del, Jennifer is the biggest gossip. You realize you've just outed us as 'separated' to the whole town."

"I've got nothing to hide."

"Neither do I! I just didn't think things would move this fast!"

"I don't feel bad for you. I didn't think they'd move at all."

"Take me instead. Maybe I was a bit hasty."

"About me? Or about missing Frank and Connie?"

"I guess that's fair. It does sting though. Really Del, don't you trust me?"

"I dunno! I sure did this morning. I did at lunch. Actually I've trusted you all our lives. But now, I guess no, I don't. I don't trust you because I don't seem to know you any more. I don't understand your motives. I certainly don't have any desire to remain married and be your fallback position. I also don't intend to be the choice you settled for, just because he provides well, and gets you tickets to events you really want to see. I want to be the guy you can't stay away from, y]the guy whose clothes you want to rip off when you see him, the guy you can't wait to kiss goodnight, not the guy who makes you crave a life on your own. So now, go follow your dreams."

I picked up my phone, and answered the text. I couldn't help but smile. I finished dressing well before she did, so I took another drink of champagne, and left her to finish dressing.

@@@@@

Frank and Connie were awesome. The food was amazing. The wines were exquisite. And so was my date. Jenn outdid herself getting ready for this night. I was used to seeing her at neighborhood barbecues in jeans and a nice blouse, but the form fitting red dress and the matching stilettos suited her. Hell, they did me in. We talked all through dinner, but not about Tina, and not about my marriage. We talked like old friends. She waited until we were on coffee and before the show began before she waded in to troubled waters.

"Listen Del, I'm not going to press you for an explanation of whatever is going on between you and Tina. I don't want to know. I guess that sounds strange coming from the town gossip, but the truth is I really like both of you, and don't want to be between you. By the way, I also promise not to tell anyone about this! I know today is your birthday, and I didn't want you to be alone. That and I realllllly like Frank and Connie, so your offer was one that I couldn't refuse. But I'm not sure anything beyond a friendly dinner and a show is in the cards tonight, and probably until whatever is going on gets settled.

"Del, I like you a lot. I'd be lying if I told you all the flirting I've done with you over the years meant nothing. I'd be lying if I told you I never had a thing for you. I'd really be lying if I told you part of me didn't want to take you home and thank you properly for a beautiful evening out. But I just can't do it. So here's my offer instead.

"Friendship. Very close friendship. Dinner any Sunday afternoon or Tuesday night you want. As a matter of fact, make it a standing thing, so call if you can't come, and I'll do the same if I can't host. Anytime you want a date like tonight, let me know and I'll be there on your arm. Then when everything settles, you let me know, and I'm yours for whatever you want. A weekend away? Yours. A movie? Yours. A night making love? Yours. Just not yet."

I got it. She didn't want to be a rebound girl, hotly and heavily trying to fill the void in my life and close the hole in my heart. And I realized I liked her way too much for that too. So we listened to the show, had a couple more drinks, and I kissed her cheek when I dropped her off at home.

"As soon as I lie down in bed, I'm probably going to regret what I said. I'm going to wish I invited you in."

"Yeah, but we'll still be friends tomorrow!"

The car ride back to the hotel was silent. The driver probably read my mood, and let me stew in my own thoughts. The desk clerk at the hotel just nodded as I passed him. The elevator had that elevator oil smell. The long walk down the hallway seems even longer than earlier in the day. I slipped the key card into the door and walked in to my room.

The bed had been remade. There were flowers on the table, and a bottle of champagne on ice. Chocolates and strawberries sat beside the champagne bucket, and a red-eyed Tina sat in the chair beside the bed.

"I was afraid you'd bring her here."

"You should be home."

"Oh Del, I went home, but it wasn't home anymore. Everywhere I looked I saw us. Not me, us. Suddenly I felt lonely, not alone, and didn't like it. Here I was just hab=vint delivered my big speech about wanting to be alone, and when it came down to it, it hurt. It hurt to imagine leaving home. I hated leaving home for college. I didn't remember that until I was home this evening without you. It felt the same, painful. Honey, I don't want to live alone. I can't live alone, I'm not cut out for it. I'm cut out for you. We fit. We know each other. Please, let me be part of your plan again? Please forgive my insanity and let me be there to share those wonderful times?"

"You drew up divorce papers..."

"...and gave you everything! I didn't want to break your home! But I guess I would have, not being there with you. But, I wanted you to feel comfortable there as long as you wanted. I guess I never expected you to replace me, at least not as fast as you hooked up with Jenn. I think part of my giving you everything in the divorce, was me wanting to keep home intact so... so I could return."

"Yup. That's me. Mr. Back Up Plan. Nice."

"No Del! I never thought that! I just felt it all should stay with you. Please, can we just forget how stupid I was today?"

"No. Today was important. Something is in your mind that caused this. Going forward, we have to find and solve that issue, whatever it is!"

"Going forward?"

"Yeah. Of course, I still plan to read those divorce papers and..."

"No. You can't. I burned them. I lit a fire, and burned them, one page at a time, all three copies."

"Wow."

"Then I came back here to undo all the damage I did to your ego, and to reclaim your body from that slut."

"Ah ah ah, stop there. Jenn was a better friend than you know. Our date was great. Frankie and Connie were fantastic, and she was great company. But the only thing you have to reclaim is this left cheek, where she kissed me goodnight after telling me she would never come between us."

"That's it? That's all?"

"Well I did put my arm around her walking to and from the car."

"And I'm sure descriptions of that have been exaggerated and spread around the whole town by now."

"Nope, she promised not to come between us, and not to tell anyone."

"And you believe her! What do we have to give up for that privilege."

"She's lonely since Bobby died. I think in thanks, you should invite her to Sunday dinners as a standing engagement."

"That's it?"

"Nope. When she flirts with me, you won't get jealous. And we will kiss hello and goodbye and at other appropriate times, and you'll be thankful the other woman is harmless, and it's her."

"That's it?"

"Unless you have something more."

"I do. If you get to kiss her, I want to also."

"Oh there's an image!"

"Del? Are we going to be ok?"

"Only if you can get naked before I get that champagne opened."

She did.

@@@@@

So you see, I had a wonderful birthday. My wife woke me with a blowjob, followed it up with a great home-cooked breakfast, took me out for a fabulous lunch, fucked my lights out, and then left me. But the best part was that she gave herself back to me, and that was the greatest gift I ever got.

Happy Birthday to Me!

maninconn
maninconn
2,103 Followers