Happy Fourth Of July

Story Info
Seeing fireworks in a new way.
11k words
4.2
32k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wish4me
Wish4me
54 Followers

"Hey Tammy, it's me."

"Hey. Are you still coming to visit?"

"Yeah, I'll land at 5:00pm on the 28th as hoped. Can you pick me up at the airport still or do I need to go ahead and rent a car?" I asked of my long time best friend, even if we hadn't shared more than a phone call in the last year.

"No, I'll be there; I look forward to seeing you and having you stay with us."

"I look forward to it , too. You sure Jake wont mind?"

"Jake will be gone most of the time you're here. Work keeps him busy, so for the most part it will be just the two of us. However, I will be gone some times during the day as well. I tried to clear this week but then a woman I work with emergency and will be out of town. I said I would work half shifts if they needed me to cover. Knowing my boss he will work me some."

"No problem. I should be able to come up with something to do while you're away, maybe some sightseeing. Sorry but I do need to let you go and attempt to tie up some of the lose ends around here before heading your way."

"Okay. If I don't talk to you before I will see you when I pick you up next week. Don't forget to bring your bathing suit. It's been hot as hell here, you'll need it."

"Thanks for the warning. Take care."

"You too...and have a safe trip."

Tammy and I said our good byes and hung up and I went to work making a list of all the minor details that I needed to make sure I dealt with before my trip. While working my mind over details like, what to wear, making sure I had a good book to read during the flight, and taking my cell phone charger; I also thought about how different my life was from Tammy's.

We were the same age and had attended everything from Kindergarten right on up through high school together. We both went to different ways then, though we still kept in touch. I had went to college and she moved further away and married Jake. I had only dated a few different men and certainly not anyone I wanted to marry. I focused on work and it has been over a year since my last boyfriend. Tammy and Jake have been happily married (except for when work kept him away so much) for the last two years. Still no kids, but Tammy said that they had decided to concentrate on their careers, him as a carpenter and her as a manager at a local grocery store.

Tammy and I had been talking about the huge Fourth of July celebration that occurred there every year. "The city has a parade, and entertainment, a little bit of everything, just a day of fun." was the way that she explained it. I admit, I wanted a change of pace and now was a good time for it since I had been laid off from my job as a secretary due to the company needing to cut costs. A vacation was what I needed. After I said I should come see it, Tammy's became excited by the idea and it took on a life all its own and we quickly decided that I would schedule a flight out the next day.

I'm not one to do spur of the moment things. I am more laid back in my approach to life, so I surprised myself by going through with our new plan. I couldn't have realized at that time exactly how many other surprises I would find during my week long vacation.

~~~

The day of my flight saw me hurrying to finish all the last minute details. I was filled with an excitement that I hadn't known for quite some time. In just a few short hours, I would see Tammy for the first time in almost a year. And, with nothing tying me here, maybe I would find a new beginning there.

I stepped off the plane and true to her word, Tammy was there waiting on me. She had changed slightly from the way I remembered her, as we all do over time, her hair was longer and she had lost a little weight, and she looked very happy. I couldn't help but envy her slightly considering she had everything I could want.

Tammy and I hugged in greeting and said of how great it was to see one another again and how it had seemed like a lot longer than a year since we had been close enough to say "HI." without needing to pick up the phone. We complimented each other on the way our appearances had changed as we rushed around looking for my luggage.

On the drive to her house, we continued catching up. We talked about how she was happy with Jake and thought they had a great marriage when work didn't interrupt them. How great her job was. How her parents had been by to visit last month and they had a wonderful visit but her mom wanted to know when they could expect news of a grand child coming into the world. Tammy confessed to me that though they both wanted kids neither of them were ready to give up their careers or the privacy that is lost with kids in the house. She spoke of many other things and though most of the topics had been covered on the phone, they seemed to take on new meaning now that we were face-to-face. The hour-long ride, was filled with conversation and through it all I enjoyed her happiness. I let her guide the conversation, not mentioning that my life was a mess right now.

We walked into her house through the kitchen and was greeted by the sound voices coming from the livingroom. I assumed that one of them was Jake and Tammy told me that the other voice was Trevor, their next door neighbor. Jake was sitting facing toward the entrance to the livingroom and I said my "hellos" to him. The other man turned to face in my direction, my heart skipped a beat, it took a minute to respond when Jake finished the introductions.

Trevor stood up to his full six foot height and took a few steps toward me holding out his hand and saying it was nice to meet me and I stuttered out the same while taking in his appearance. He definitely fit the bill for tall dark and handsome. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, arms and legs were tanned, and he had the dark wavy hair that any woman would love. His smile was friendly, but what really caught me were his eyes. His eyes had little lines out to the side, giving a small hint to his age and though there was nothing remarkable about the brown eyes there was warmth to them. As if by looking at you, he could see deep inside you where all your secrets are kept.

I knew when Tammy asked if cooking out hamburgers was good enough for me tonight for dinner and Jake questioned if I had a good flight in that no one noticed my response to Trevor. Even Trevor apparently failed to notice my response to him as he began talking about how great it was to finally meet me since he had heard so much from Tammy about me. "What did she tell him about me?" I wondered silently and I could only wish that she had mentioned him to me as well. She should have warned me that her neighbor was every girl's fantasy and filled me in on the details about him, most importantly "Was he married?"

"Trevor, would you like to join us for dinner?" Tammy questioned of him.

"Sure, beats dining alone." He said without missing a beat.

"Great, it will give Jake someone to talk guy stuff with while we catch up on all the girl talk." She stated giving me a quick wink.

"I'll start on dinner, and you must be drained from your flight." Tammy said to me before continuing with "These guys will take your bags to the guest room upstairs." glancing at Trevor and smiling warmly at Jake. "Take as long as you need to freshen up" she continued talking to me, "and put on your bathing-suit. While Jake is grilling hamburgers, you and I can jump in the pool for a little bit."

I had to smile at her mothering attitude. Remembering how she had always been the one to decide how things were going to go when we were growing up how when she had decided on something being done that was the way it was going to be. With that knowledge, I decided that she wouldn't take "no" for an answer so I asked, "Where do I need to go to freshen up?"

"Oh, the guest bedroom upstairs on the right, left is my room. Each of them has their own bathroom, though yours only has a shower. I will get these two heading that way with your luggage. You go on up."

"Okay." I said still smiling as I headed toward the upstairs bedroom.

Once there I realized that I really needed to use the bathroom. I considered waiting until my bags were there, but the urge was a bit too strong to resist. When I was almost finished washing my hands afterward, I heard someone enter the room and I called out, "Just put them anywhere." I finished washing and pulled open the door and as I began through, I bumped right into Trevor who had just finished putting my biggest bag onto the bed. He had turned around just as I walked through the door and due to the close proximity, a collision was inevitable, and I felt myself bump into him. I felt my chest against his stomach and then his hands on my shoulders to steady us both.

I stuttered out, "I'm sorry" even as he said the same, and I mistakenly looked up and into his eyes and felt them once again burning into me, as if he would kiss me now, and I found that I hoped he would.

A kiss or anything else wasn't meant to be because at that time, Jake walked in carrying my other bag. Trevor and I stepped back away from one another quickly as if we were two naughty teenagers who had been caught in a forbidden embrace, quickly saying "sorry about that" to one another again. Jake, I noticed, was smiling as if he saw us as those two teens that were caught and trying to pretend innocence. I could tell that my cheeks flamed in embarrassment so I turned quickly towards the bag on the bed and began to open it, dismissing both men in one movement so that neither of them would see my now reddened face.

When they left and I got into the bag that held my bathing suit, I then realized that I hadn't packed one planning to have the hunky new neighbor see me in it. All I had brought was a bikini, hoping that during my time here I would be able to work on my tan. If Tammy would have told me about the man next door, who I still wasn't sure was single, I would have brought a better suit. A bathing suit that would maybe make up for what I didn't have and hide some of what I had to much of. Instead, I had packed the bikini that ties around the neck and back with a small string holding the two cups in place with no padding and low rise string bottoms that did nothing to conceal my belly or my butt. Worst of all it is a bright florescent green, sure to draw attention to me.

Slipping it on and then standing in front of the mirror, I studied myself as others might see me while dressed like this and thought maybe I wasn't so bad, but as I headed out the door I grabbed a towel to wrap around my waist. I smiled as I thought to myself, "I cant hide my small chest with this thing on but as long as the towel stays around my waist when I'm out of the pool, maybe Trevor wont notice the few extra pounds."

Everyone was already outside when I came downstairs and then I stepped out the back door where I could hear their muffled voices and into the pool area. Trevor was facing towards the door as if waiting on me to come outside, or at least I half hoped he had been waiting for me. He glanced in my direction and then turned back to his discussion with Jake and I felt a moment's disappointment. Then Tammy called to me from a chair beside the pool. "What happened up there in the bedroom with Trevor?" she teased.

Instantly my face flamed red again and I couldn't resist glancing at Trevor even as he looked in my direction, his face a mixture of embarrassment and humor. Apparently, he realized the same thing I did; there was no way to explain it away and still come out innocent, regardless of innocence. Deciding to get myself off the hook as well as hoping to make it a light situation, I said, "He couldn't resist my appeal." and everyone laughed over my joke, even Trevor though I felt his eyes burning into me as I walked toward Tammy.

The rest of the evening went off without any problems, real or imagined, and I managed to figure out that Trevor was divorced with no kids. Apparently, he and his wife had married quickly, and then just couldn't live together. They split up within six months and had it finalized a couple years ago. They could still talk if they saw one another but had no desire to try their luck again.

Trevor and I talked very little but I saw him watching me quite often. At first, I felt somewhat shy when I noticed his attention but as the night wore on, I began to enjoy his attentions. In fact, I began to try and encourage it by letting him catch me looking at him, or making adjustments to my bathing suit top when I had caught him watching, for a while I even left off the towel around my waist to see if he would watch me then. He did.

His attention to everything I did was having an amazing effect upon me. I went from somewhat shy to more courageous, and then even a little turned on by the looks he was giving me. I felt a tingle of awareness every time he looked at me, as if it were a touch. I had never felt arousal from someone looking at me, but I hadn't had a real sex partner in months. I figured that could be why. Why it worked wasn't as big a deal as just knowing that he found me appealing enough to look at. "Could I tease him into making an approach and have him prove what his eyes portray?" I wondered silently.

Later, after Trevor had gone home I claimed exhaustion and headed off for my own room. It was then, lying there on the bed, that I really decided that I would like to try my luck at seducing Trevor. Even if it didn't turn into anything, I liked the sexy feeling I had while knowing he watched my every move. Would he watch me again tomorrow? Or will he have changed his mind by tomorrow. Only time would tell, the next time I see him I will know, I reassured myself. Not being the forward type I wasn't completely sure how to go about seducing someone, but was determined to see if I could.

I lay in bed thinking for the next hour trying to decide how to go about seducing someone without being too obvious. I then decided that I should get up and grab a drink, and then maybe I would really be able to fall asleep.

I was all the way down the stairs when I heard Tammy in the livingroom. She was whispering so softly that I couldn't understand what she was she saying and then I heard her start to moan in obvious pleasure. I heard Jake also, could hear his groaning and in between their noises I could hear the steady thumping of being him thrusting into her while they lay on the floor.

My face turned slightly pink over hearing them in their private moments and I turned and rushed back up the stairs as quickly and quietly as possible in an attempt to not interrupt or have them know that I had witnessed their coupling. Even if I had only heard them and not seen it.

Back in my room with the door shut firmly behind me, I couldn't shake the image those sounds had made inside my head. With the slight excitement of having Trevor watch me and now knowing that Tammy and Jake were giving each other the pleasure I wished I could feel; I was even more aroused. Sleep, if I got it at all, would probably be a long time in coming. I settled down into bed anyway and even considered masturbation in an attempt to help me sleep but quickly disregarded that idea. I finally managed to clear my mind of all the erotic thoughts flowing through it, and fell into a fitful sleep.

~~~

The next morning when I got up and joined Jake and Tammy in the kitchen where they were drinking coffee and talking. I blushed slightly as I remembered what I had heard them doing when they thought I was sleeping. I felt it even more when Tammy questioned, "Did you sleep okay last night?"

"Uh, yes I did, thanks." and continuing, as politeness deems necessary, "You two have a good night also?"

"We slept fine. I know how hard it can be to sleep in a new bed, even if you're worn out, so I am glad the bed was good enough for you. Care for a cup of coffee?"

"Yes thanks, where are the cups?"

"The cabinet there on the left and up top." Tammy explained.

As I went to the cabinet and got my cup to begin fixing it, Tammy asked, "What were you hoping to do this week?"

Almost chuckling I decided it was best that I not tell her my plans concerning Trevor, and instead told her I really didn't have any big plans that I was just glad to be there and visiting.

"Good, cause I hate to leave you with it, but something has come up at work and they need me to work my full shift this week, through the third anyway, meaning that I will be gone from 9-5 every day, unless something happens. I hate it, you know that, but I really can't afford to tell them right now that I can't come in."

"That's not a problem. I totally understand it. Do whatever you need to do. If nothing else, I will hang out at the pool and improve my tan. I may need to bother you to take me and get a rental car so that I can drive around some while you are gone, but other than that, I should be fine."

"Great idea, you should have a way to go somewhere while your here." Tammy said, continuing in Jakes direction, "Call Trevor and see if he can take her to the car lot today."

I said "oh no need to bother him with it." even as Jake stood up to do her bidding and I wondered if they were trying to set Trevor and I up or something.

"Trust me, it won't bother him. He has this week off from work, through the 5th at least, so he will need to do something anyway." Tammy stated matter-of-factly.

"Well Tammy working solved my questions of when would I be able to try and seduce Trevor." I thought. Apparently I would have all day for the next few days, but still I didn't want to be a problem for him to deal with too. However, I could hear Jake on the phone and knew there wasn't much I could do about it except hope that Trevor would say no. He didn't. Said he would be ready to go about 12.

So it was set and Tammy and Jake headed off to their respective jobs, and I was left alone to try and plan out my first real attempt at getting Trevor to notice me as he had the night before, and maybe even get him to make a move on me. "How hard can it really be to seduce someone?" I questioned myself silently as I went upstairs to see what I could find that might be considered seductive yet conservative enough to be seen in public wearing it.

I settled on a pale yellow summer dress. It tied around the back of my neck, which would let Trevor know that I wasn't wearing a bra under it and I hoped that would be enough to keep his mind working. I slipped on a pair of white sandals with a small heel on them and stopped by the mirror to run a brush through my hair. I settled on pulling my hair back into a ponytail for simplicity, and then surveyed myself in the mirror.

The dress hugged against my breasts but fell softly down to just above my knees, with the air conditioner on and the vent above me, I could see the hardness of my nipples poking against the fabric. I wondered if he would have the air on in his car and if he did would he notice them.

Realizing that it was almost time for us to meet, I sprayed on a little perfume and headed downstairs. Would he come here or should I go there I wondered, even as I considered how even the tightness of the dress over my chest didn't keep my breasts from swaying slightly as I walked. I thought it was funny that I never noticed that before.

At 11:45, Trevor answered the question about whether I was going there or him coming for me, by knocking on the back door. When I opened the door, I caught a glimpse of approval in his eyes for my chosen outfit before he covered his reaction and asked if I was ready to go. I told him that I was.

Trevor and I didn't talk much on the way; honestly, it wasn't that far away, but I still managed to feel as though at least part of the time his eyes were on me rather than the road in front of him. The used car/rental lot was on the other end of town. They didn't have very many to pick from but I was happy when they suggested I get the small red car out front. Even if I was only to use it for a week, it was still going to be nice to drive around in it, especially with the way I had felt so sexy the last couple of days. The car seemed to fit my new attitude.

Wish4me
Wish4me
54 Followers