Hardheads: Frank & Mary Revisited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fdkman262
fdkman262
259 Followers

She paused to sip her beer again and I asked the question that I didn't want to ask but I had to know. "Did you fuck him, Mary?"

She looked down, studying her beer and softly said "No. I didn't. I wanted to but Chad had to leave early so I didn't get the chance."

"Thanks for being honest, Mary."

"You deserve that much. Before you ask I didn't fuck Jim or Tony either."

"Ok, thanks, I guess." There was one more person she hadn't talked about but I had the feeling that was about to change.

"When you caught me with Tim that night you surprised the heck out of me. I didn't think you'd track me down and I sure didn't think you'd tell me off like that. You really had to have been upset. Anyway, the reason I didn't see you until six o'clock that Saturday was I'd been with Tim all night." She stopped, sniffled and swiped the tears from her eyes with her hand. "You really had me pegged didn't you?"

"Yeah, well, I knew that no matter what you said you weren't going to be doing what you did with Tim and not take him to bed. I know how horny you get when you drink, remember?"

"I remember. Anyway I wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of letting you know you were right so I lied and tried to convince you I hadn't done anything. I was so confused. I'd had a really good time with Tim that night but I didn't want to lose you either. I know, it makes no sense but who ever said women make any sense?" she chuckled.

"I suppose. So where do we go from here, Mary. You know I love you but you've admitted you cheated on me with Tim. What do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything from you, Frank. I'm here to give you something."

Now I was surprised, what could she give me? "And what would that be, Mary?"

She locked her eyes on mine and seemed to draw strength from the contact. "I'm here to give you your freedom," she said so quietly I barely heard her. "I don't deserve you, Frank. After hearing from your mother how you felt about me when we were married and after coming to terms with my issues in therapy I realize I don't want to be married anymore. You deserve someone who can love you like you loved me. I want you to file for divorce, Frank. I'll sign the papers sent as soon as they're ready. Please, forgive me, Frank. I never meant to hurt you." She broke down crying now, with great sobs wracking her body.

I moved over and held her until she quieted down. Surprisingly I didn't feel like I'd thought I would. I'd been able to get over her, for the most part, during the past six months. Today's confession served to confirm what I already knew in my heart. Mary didn't want to be married any more and she had cheated with Tim. I found this information to be strangely comforting. I realized that I hadn't lost Mary due to my stubbornness; she'd seen an opportunity to leave and had taken it.

I pulled out my handkerchief, wiped her eyes and kissed her on the nose.

"Thanks for telling me everything, Mary. I understand. I'm sorry things didn't work out, of course but I don't want you to be unhappy either."

"You're a good man, Frank. Too damn good for me. I hope you find someone who will really love you. Again, I'm sorry."

She stood up, turned around and walked out of the bar and out of my life.

End

Copyright 2007 fdkman262

fdkman262
fdkman262
259 Followers
12