Harmless Flirting - Ending 02

Story Info
Booty shaking becomes costly.
5.4k words
4.08
32.9k
32

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/30/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fritz51
fritz51
885 Followers

Forward

If you have not read my "Harmless Flirting" story already, I strongly recommended that you do so BEFORE reading the any of the three endings. I was very torn over how to end this one so I decided to offer a variety. I will be interested in the acceptance of each ending and am uploading them one at a time to allow the reader to digest an ending before rushing to the next offering.

fritz51

**************************************

In the same vein as TV shows who include at the beginning: "Last time on ... "

We had left our story with Donna catching a ride home with Jack. Then, she came in the house while Will was watching video clips of dancing: he and Chrissy plus Donna and whoever. After some discussion, Will decided to not talk anymore until the next day when they both are sober, and directs Donna to the master bedroom, he elects the spare room.

We begin with both of them awake and Donna pouring two coffees in the kitchen while Will boots up his laptop.

*************************************

"Will, I don't really need to see these clips again; I get your point. Besides I think that you went further with Chrissy than I ever did with anyone."

"Actually, I think we both need to look at them at least one more time, through stone cold sober eyes," Will asserted. Then he started the clips in a loop, same as the previous night.

As the clips played, Will was pointing out the similarities of his and Chrissy's technique, and what Donna did with her dance partner. The likeness of one to the other was striking, but not unexpected since Will and Chrissy patterned their moves by watching videos of Donna. In truth, Will had possibly gone a little further feeling up Chrissy than Donna had allowed her dance partners to do. But, since most of her dances were not recorded, it was likely that equally unacceptable touching had taken place, just not recorded. Further, Will would not have done this at all, except to try and shock Donna into understanding the hurt she'd been bestowing.

As a clip of Donna grinding on some guy played, a guy whose name was unknown to her, Will decided he needed some more time to reflect and consider his future, so he claimed a need to use the bathroom. Donna suspected that his need was actually one meant to put off their inevitable discussion, and since she wasn't anxious to face the reality of her behavior, she just said "Ok."

Will grabbed a pen and tablet, went into the bathroom, turned on the exhaust fan, and sat on the commode. He didn't need to go, but he did need to think and he had used a written list of pros and cons to help make a decision before. At the top he made two columns: "Stay," and "Leave," and began entering reasons to do one or the other.

Under "Stay" he wrote, "if sufficiently sorry," and "if she never had sex," and "must stop." Under "Leave" he wrote, "can't abide her behavior," and "lying and sneaking out to dirty dance with other men," and "if she had sex with any of them - we are done."

Next, he wrote a phrase that extended over both columns: "Does she truly love me, if so, why all this contact with these other guys?" He then wrote the logical question to follow that, "do I love her enough to put all these images of her enjoying the touch of another man out of my mind?"

As he started to consider what he had written, that last question captured all his attention and he froze. Was he still in love with Donna? For such a long time this question wouldn't ever be asked, but now? Thoughts of Chrissy rushed in his mind, and something that had been haunting him for some time resurfaced.

A while back, at one of their training sessions, Chrissy excused herself for a bathroom break. One of the other instructors, Debby, eased herself up to Will and said, "She has shifted all of the male students that were getting any type of sexy style dancing to Linda and me. You are the only one she'll dance with like that now, just thought you should know."

Will hadn't fully contemplated what that meant at the time, because he was focused on the plan. A deed to humiliate Donna, and force her to feel the hurt of a spouse finding gratification in another's arms. At that time his preparation and training was nearly at an end, and dealing with his evolving feelings toward Chrissy had not begun.

He had found himself enjoying time spent with Chrissy more and shocking his wife back into his arms less, but they were too far into this project for him to abandon implementation, so it was to be carried out as planned.

Will thought to himself, "Donna's still my wife, I'm not ready to give her up, I just can't go on like we were. Surely, she will understand how I felt, after watching me with Chrissy." Then said out loud to himself, "Can't fix it in here," and flushed an empty toilet and went down stairs to resume talking to Donna.

"Donna, you have hurt me more than I can adequately describe. Watching you, my wife, my soul mate, the love of my life behaving with other men as if you are disgusted, full of distain and disrespect for me, just because I couldn't dance well enough to suit you, has injured me. Injured, perhaps beyond repair the way I feel about you, and about us. Right now, I'm of the belief that no matter how well I danced, you would have still sot out other men to dance with. At least your wandering is contained to dancing, I think, but truthfully, I'm not sure. At this point your lying causes me to doubt all that you say."

Donna tried, "Will, I do love you and I am so sorry that the things I have done causes you to doubt my love for you and my faithfulness. I have never had sex with anyone since we met, please believe me. You are my one and only." She wanted to continue but tears caused her to pause.

Then she said, "The bombshell you dropped by showing up with this Chrissy person, dancing so well, rubbing my nose in it, treating me with disrespect in public was well done, props for that. I fear however that the result is not completely what you intended though. After we were married, because of what happened I stopped dancing for nearly two years and I have been hiding that I hated my self-imposed restriction. My lying to you, when I decided to resume having fun dancing was wrong, very wrong. I'm sorry I wasn't upfront with you, maybe we could have come to an understanding."

"What kind of understanding Donna? One where I stay home and you go out drinking and dancing, behaving like a slut with other men?" Will responded.

"I'm not a slut, I do not have sex with any of them!" her reply was loud and defensive.

"Not yet, maybe. But only a fool would think you can keep playing this game with the devil and not get burnt. Sooner or later, you'd be out, tempting some stud with your actions. Maybe you drink too much that night, or maybe you're pissed at me for something, or maybe he slips a little Extasy in your drink, but sure as shit, you'll end up having sex."

"I would not allow it!" she retorted.

"You fool." Was a clear, to the point response from Will.

Will thought, "She is still defending her actions, the only thing that she's apologized for was lying to me about her wanting to continue. Work something out! Are you kidding me?"

Considering the absence of remorse on her part, and that she intended to continue as before, he reached a decision.

He looked her in the eyes and said, "There is only one path for me. I cannot condone such disrespect, the lying and the playful interaction with other men that you seem to think is OK, or how you put it: 'Harmless flirting,' and so considering what I expect of a wife, I think I need to move on without you. To me what you are doing is cheating, pure and simple. Since you aren't even considering stopping, we; are; done."

A loud rebuff came from Donna, "IT IS NOT CHEATING, I never cheated on you with any man. I just like to have fun, that's all!"

Will then challenged her, "Why is it alright, that is, just having fun when you do it? But when Chrissy and I danced as we did you got all pissed off? Why doesn't that count as just having fun for me?"

"When you walked in Gleason's with that girl. Seeing you dance like that with Chrissy and the unmistakable look in her eyes that she would give herself to you in a heartbeat had me jealous and angry and I admit that I wanted to lash out. Then Cindy walked up to me and said, 'How does it feel?'

It felt fucking horrible, that's how it felt." Donna spit out.

She felt the pain of betrayal, but could not comprehend that it was equal to what she had caused Will.

"How can you not see that this is exactly the same kind of hurt you cause me when you act that way?" Will questioned.

"Because IT IS NOT THE SAME," she defended.

"How is it not the same?" he countered.

"Because she is in love with you," Donna exclaimed.

Then said, "I knew we were done last night.

I knew that I had lost you. Whatever pain you were feeling, that I had caused, Chrissy was erasing it, I could see it in your faces. She would win, I would lose. She's in love with you, for certain, and I'm supposing you are in love with her."

"As for Chrissy, I don't know how she feels, she's never said a word," he said, "and as for me, I don't know what I feel anymore."

Will continued, "What are we going to do? It's obvious we're done. I can't tolerate your life choices and you won't stop. Can we just split what we have and go our separate ways? I've already looked into moving to Denver, there's a promotion up there if I want it. Are you going to make this difficult?"

Will's heart had hit bottom, they were finished.

Donna also realized that everything had been said, their marriage was dead, and there was no longer even an attempt by either of them to rescue it.

"No, I won't make any trouble Will. You file, I won't contest if you'll just say irreconcilable differences, I'll say the same."

Donna seemed relieved that the tension, deceit and guilt was now over. Will was baffled that Donna was allowing her marriage to a man, that she supposedly loved, be destroyed so easily. How much could she really ever have loved him if she chose her addiction over him with so little remorse?

Will also felt a curious sense of relief. His plan had failed to save their marriage, but it did expose a flaw in her character, that would have led to certain ruin. Part of him embraced the new found freedom, but a bigger part of his being was devastated.

He then said, "That very first day that I met you, your behavior was exactly like this, and I should have paid more attention. When I asked Dave about you, his shrug was a hint that something was off, but I guess that I just didn't want to see it, you are so beautiful. You may find out someday that there is no such thing as 'harmless flirting', where a husband is involved. Good bye, Donna."

She didn't have a comeback.

Next, Will went to say goodbye to Chrissy, as he now decided he would take that position at Denver Center. He called her and asked if she could take some time off for a coffee break. She said that she wasn't working that day and he could stop over at her apartment if he wanted.

Chrissy surmised that he and Donna had split. Will wanted to see her, but was that good or bad news?

She decided that when Will got there, she would tell him that she loved him. She just couldn't let him drift away without knowing the truth. Chrissy felt certain that Will had strong feelings for her but she was a dancer and he might view her as just another Donna, with an obsession to have all men drool over her. That thought scared her.

Will arrived at her door and when she opened it, she saw a man that had been through hell. She put her arms around him and would have tried to love the hurt away but Will resisted her and said, "Can we sit down and talk."

"Of course we can," she said and took him by the hand to the kitchen and poured him a coffee, then said, "Ok Will, tell me."

He related the entire story including his astonishment that Donna never considered altering her behavior to save the marriage. Chrissy started to panic when Will began, "Chrissy these past weeks with you are some of the most exciting of my entire life, and I can't thank you enough for all you have done for me. I have applied for a position at Denver Center and I'll be leaving for there in two days, after I file for divorce and get my things packed."

Chrissy was crying at this point and blurted out, "Damn it Will, I'm in love with you. Please don't leave me behind."

"Maybe if we were in another place or time I could stay, as I'm pretty sure that I'm falling for you too. It's just that I can't start something new now. I'm a train wreck and I need some time alone, even from you. I'm sorry, but I have to go." Will got up and left her standing at the door after a lingering kiss, both of them in tears.

In a manner of a few months Will was moved to Denver, settled into his new job, divorced, and very lonely. Dave kept track of his old friend, never allowing a week to pass without having an extended conversation with him on the phone. Lately, Dave had brought up the subject of female companionship, and Will admitted he had met some nice people there but just wasn't interested in pursuing any females yet.

Then Dave floated Chrissy's name to test for a reaction, and got a relatively positive response. Will told Dave that while he had developed strong feelings for her, he had ended it so badly that it would be highly unlikely a pretty young woman like that would be interested in his cast-off ass. Dave asked him to come down to Memphis and visit, maybe even stop by the dance studio and see her, but Will shot that idea down quickly.

Dave thought, "Ok hot shot, we're going to have to do this the hard way." And bid Will goodbye. That night Dave called in reinforcements and recruited Cindy for the plan he was hatching. She was all in, and Will would lose this battle, as he was out matched with both of his old friends working together toward a goal.

That Saturday, Dave and Cindy went to Chrissy's dance studio, the staff thought they had some new customers. Chrissy knew of Dave and Cindy, and asked "Well you're probably not here for lessons so what can I do for you?"

Cindy nodded for Dave to do the explaining, as it was his idea, "Chrissy, I've kept in touch with Will ever since he left. As you probably know his divorce went through without a hitch, Donna did not contest."

"I had heard but I haven't seen Will or talked to him since he went to Denver. He didn't even stop here before or after court." As she spoke there was definite sadness in her voice, she believed that Will had passed on looking her up again.

Dave was quick to reassure her, "He didn't come here, he let the lawyer handle it all. Chrissy, that train wreck with Donna really screwed him up, he really did need time away to collect himself, but now WE have a new problem. He's stuck, can't move forward, can't go back, at first because of Donna. Now it's because he's stuck on you, and feels he screwed it up with you beyond repair."

Chrissy said, "Funny you should say that: train wreck, that's how he put it. Any way I noticed you said "we" as if I was part of some plan."

Cindy grew impatient, "Let's cut to the chase, Will is our very dear friend and he is miserable. Unless I am way off, and that's rare, you are in love with him. Yes or no?"

This was the easiest question Chrissy ever had answered, "I love Will with all my heart."

"Ok then here's what is going to happen. We are going to go over to your lap top and get you a one-way plane ticket to Denver."

Cindy got interrupted by Chrissy, "Whoa there, business has been slow, I can't afford to fly to Denver."

Dave rejoined, "Didn't say anything about you paying, now let's go book your flight."

"Why would you guys do this? And how do know he'd even speak to me if I went? Chrissy probed.

Cindy fielded the first part, "The why is easy. I am an alcoholic, our marriage was on the rocks until Will stepped in. He saved me, he saved both of us by saving our marriage. We owe him more than we will ever be able to repay. And now we're going to fix something that's all fucked up just because nobody is making the first move. You are going to Denver, so all four of us can be happy."

Dave filled in the rest, "Some things you know are true, sometimes you just guess. This I know, the moment you step back into his life he'll sweep you up and not let go for a week."

"Only a week?" Cindy giggled with Chrissy joining in.

A ticket for later that afternoon was purchased, Chrissy packed quickly and they drove her to the airport.

Dave sweetened the pot, "I just sent Will a text that I needed to talk to him about something very important this afternoon. That it would take extensive time and might require his computer, so I requested that he be sure to be home."

Cindy's mind was elsewhere and asked, "What else is going on? Oh, I get it. Sorry I was distracted." They all laughed, this was the first time Chrissy laughed in quite a while.

The flight to Denver was made and an Uber driver was given Will's address.

Chrissy got out of the Uber, asked the driver to wait one minute and walked up to Will's door. He had heard a car outside and opened the door just as Chrissy was about to knock. They stared at each other for a moment silently, as they were both gun shy regarding their relationship.

Chrissy managed to get out, "May I come in for a bit?"

To which Will found his voice and exclaimed, "You can come in and stay as long as you wish." He then grabbed her around the waist, hoisted her off the ground and kissed her with passion.

She pulled back from Will, alarming him, but said, "I need to tell the driver that I won't need him any more today." Dropped her bag, and literally ran the fifty yards to the parked car, said something to the driver who smiled, then waived and left while she ran back to Will.

She exploded back into his waiting arms, cried and kissed him, then cried some more.

Will tried to gather himself, tell her how much he missed her, how much he loved her and how sorry he was for the way he left Memphis.

She asked, "Is there anything that you have to do the rest of today?"

Will said, "Well Dave is supposed to call this afternoon, something important."

"He won't be calling now," she said as she texted Dave: "Success!" She then turned to Will and said, "Take me to your bedroom and make love to me."

Words weren't essential now and Will threw her bag in the foyer, scooped her up and carried her to the bedroom. On the way, with her arms wrapped around his neck, she whispered in his ear, "I love you with my whole being and I am giving myself to you completely. I am not Donna, I will never hurt you, you have my word. Please trust me and give all of yourself to me and I will cherish you forever."

Will held her in his arms above the bed, but before lowering her, he answered, "Chrissy, I think I began to love you the day we met. I do believe you and am willing to commit my entire self to you, starting today."

They shared an intimate kiss, and then Will asked, "Chrissy, will you marry me and be my wife?"

Her emotions overwhelmed her and she was unable to answer, to which Will lightened the moment, "I guess I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes; yes; yes, I'll marry you. But for now, I want you to take me. I want you on me, under me and in me. I want to spend the rest of the day with my naked body giving yours pleasure."

He asked, "What about your pleasure?"

"Giving you what you need, will give me the best satisfaction of my life," she answered.

fritz51
fritz51
885 Followers
12