Harvest of Expectations Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was true. It was all so clear a bit too late.

"I was too busy shouting 'hooray for me!'. Now she doesn't know where she stands."

He thought about turning back to her house and setting her straight. He was half convinced to do just that, but he was nearly at his parents' house. By the time he would be knocking at her door she would be getting ready for bed.

"I might even see her in her curlers, and then she would be mad as well as hurt."

He decided not to turn around. He kept on driving to his parents' house.

"Why didn't she say something? It's partly her fault. Maybe she doesn't care as much as I thought."

That line of thinking was baloney, and Jim knew it.

"I've got to do something about this. I'll call tomorrow. No—I'll go see her tomorrow. We'll get things straightened out."

He was turning into his parents' driveway.

"But what will I say to her?"

It was another thing that he'd overlooked. In all of the months that he'd known her he had only just reacted to whatever situation he'd encountered. There was nothing official, no claims registered by either party.

"I've got to figure this out."

He switched off the motor and locked the car. He went into the house and up to his room. He got into bed, but sleep did not come easy.

******************

TO BE CONTINUED

12