Haunted Prey Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

* * * * *

Lindsay rolled onto his back and stared at the stars through his glass doors. He wasn't sure if he preferred being unable to sleep because he was having nightmares or because his mind was focused on women he had no business thinking about. What was it about Alauria that had him so out of sorts? Yes, she was different, down to her musical name. Alauria. It was the kind of name people used in songs or titled songs. Hell, she was a song. But it wasn't just her name. Alauria was intriguing and in her very own way, quite mysterious. He'd made her nervous, but yet, she went on as if she'd known him for years. In his experience, Lindsay made women so nervous that they usually kept a wide berth. Draco, the most personable of his brothers, said it was the angry and brooding look he always wore. It had a tendency to make people want to run for the hills. But not Alauria. She found a way to work around his gruff exterior.

He couldn't get the scent of pineapples out of his mind. Nor could he forget the shocked look in those dark eyes. "Hell." Lindsay had spent the better part of an hour trying to fall asleep, only to have her memory plague him at every turn. He could still feel her delicate hand on his, and would never forget the nervous expression on her face as they stared at each other.

Lindsay stared up at his ceiling fan and growled. He wondered what she was doing, who she was with, and what she thought of him. Did she want to know more about him? What she put off by the way he simply left in the middle of their lesson?

Did she find him attractive?

Did she find him attractive? What in the hell was he thinking? He didn't care about something so trivial. Looks faded over time and they certainly weren't a solid basis for a relationship.

Now he was thinking of relationships. Over a half a century single and now, after one awkward moment, he was thinking of relationships. Not just any relationship; a relationship with Alauria.

He wanted more, and the realization pissed him off. He didn't have time to allow thoughts of a simple human woman rule his life. It didn't matter what Alexis told him or why; at the end of the day, Lindsay only wanted the company of his books. Books weren't complicated, they didn't interrupt his life, and they didn't have soft skin that glowed in the sunlight. Books were easier, and that was exactly how he intended to live his life.

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers
12