Haunted Prey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

She didn't want to be kissed like that by anyone else.

* * * * *

The lone man walked into the Maleficent hotel with his head down, determined to keep from making eye contact with anyone he saw. He had specific instructions, and to disobey them meant sacrificing his life, and he wasn't ready to die. He wanted to work his way up the chain, make something of himself within the organization before he lost himself in a blaze of glory. Because he was still nothing, he would do as he was told until he was promoted.

He hadn't even realized that he'd made it to the penthouse level until he'd encountered the two large bodyguards standing outside of the wide double doors. He stood still and ignored the burn associated with the green beams of light that shot out of their eyes. It was customary for them to search any and all visitors before and after every visit they made, but it never made him comfortable when he stood in front of them. He had nothing to hide -- not that there was anything anyone could hide with these two guards keeping watch -- and that fact alone almost made him resent his position within the organization. But he would do what he had to do to get where he wanted to go, even if it meant having to deal with the burn.

"You're clear to go in," one of the guards announced.

He nodded as he walked through the double doors the other guard opened. Through the double doors, he was led through a very short hallway made of mirrors before descending five carpeted steps that led into the main room of the penthouse suite. Dozens of miniature chandeliers hung down from the dark cherry wood steepled ceiling. Black wall sconces adorned the matching paneled walls and within them were burning candles. Directly across the steps was a large fireplace that took up the entire wall. No fire blazed tonight, and the lack of light gave the room an ominous feel. A series of crème accented Asian rugs were scattered along the dark wood floors. They were the only lightly colored accessories to the room. Black wooden couches and chairs were strategically arranged around the fireplace and on them, blood red cushions rested. To the far left, French doors led to the balcony that overlooked the bay. The room, while elegant and worth the seven thousand a night it cost to rent, had been turned into the kind of environment horror movies tried to emulate. Emphasis on the try.

"Any news for me tonight, Drachen?"

He turned right and bowed low. He had to acknowledge his leader, and kept his head bowed low as he replied, "He has been showing erratic behavior."

"What kind of behavior?"

"He alternates between walking to Jones Street during the late hours of the night and remaining indoors."

"What is so important that he has to travel to Jones Street? You may stand."

Drachen lifted himself into a relaxed stance and watched as the large black demon walked to one of the dark chairs and sat down. With a throw of it's menacingly clawed hand, the fireplace ignited in a blaze of light. "At first, he listened as one of the humans played piano but then he began going inside the building."

The large demon focused its attention on the blazing fire as it said, "Piano lessons? That teacher, whoever he is, must have a handful."

"She does."

The demon seemed to freeze in place before it slowly turned to look at its follower. "The teacher is a woman?"

Drachen nodded before adding, "He was covered in her scent the last time he left her."

"When was this?"

"Four days ago."

"Why wasn't I told then?"

"You gave me specific instructions to keep track of his movements and report to you weekly."

"You are to keep me updated daily from now on." The demon turned to the fireplace and let out a strained breath before saying, "You may leave now." So he was seeing a woman. A human woman, of all things. Did he really think that he wouldn't have to pay for such a transgression? Didn't remember the vow that was made those many years ago?

Well, he would just have to be reminded.

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers
12