Haunted Prey Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

"You're a dumb-ass."

"That's more like it," Lindsay said as he shut the refrigerator door. "Care to tell me why?"

"The woman is obviously bat-shit. You actually want to risk some innocent person getting hurt?"

"Everything is fine," Lindsay defended. "Nothing's happened-"

"Yeah, I fucking know; nothing's happened in the past week," Liam finished, "But what happens if she has another episode in front of her mother, or her sick sister? What in the fuck are you going to do then?"

Though his brother had a point, Lindsay refused to listen. "I told you, I got it. Leave it alone."

"Fine," Liam conceded, "Just don't fucking bring her back here when shit goes wrong."

"Liam, I swear on the old man's head-" Lindsay stopped when Alexis placed a hand on his shoulder. It was then that he noticed that eh was advancing to get in Liam's face. "It's cool," he reassured.

Alexis nodded then focused his attention on Euan sauntering into the room in canine form, a narrow, cloth-wrapped package in his mouth. "Did he fight you when I asked for it?" Euan growled as he shook his head and made quick work of handing the package to his brother. Alexis quickly accepted as he placed a gentle hand on Euan's head. "Don't leave yet; I need you to pass a message on to the twins." When Euan nodded, Alexis stepped back and watched him walk out of the room.

"What did he bring you?" Jameson asked.

"Something I think we're going to need."

"What is it?" Liam asked.

"Hi."

The men turned their attention to the doorway as Alauria walked into the room. She smiled at them, that nervous little smile of hers that made others want to comfort her. She chose to stand next to Lindsay and instantly leaned into his side when he put his arm around her.

"How are you feeling?" Jameson asked.

"I feel good," she replied with a smile. Alauria was energized and excited that she would be returning to her life. There were so many things to set straight; her studio and students had been abandoned, her sister needed her support and her mother... Well, her mother was a completely different story. The important thing was that she would be home soon, and she could begin to incorporate her life into Lindsay's. That would definitely be an adventure; Lindsay suddenly leaving whenever he had a demon to fight. What would she say when he had to go when they were visiting her mother? "How are you today?"

"I'm well, thank you." Jameson felt himself smiling at the small flush that took over her face. If he hadn't seen it himself, he would have never believed her capable of threatening Liam. But she did look fine. Maybe Lindsay was right.

The low, menacing growl that came from the entryway made everyone pause. As one, they brought their attention to a crouched Euan; he looked ready to spring forward and attack. His focus of attention was Alauria, and as he slowly advanced with his teeth dangerously bared, his growl grew in intensity.

"What the fuck!" Liam quickly stood and blocked Euan's path. "Euan, back down." His brother's response was to crouch even lower as he leaned to the side to keep an eye on Alauria. "Back down, God damn it!"

Lindsay was quick to push Alauria behind him. He didn't bother to make sure she was all right; Euan had a dangerous look in his eyes, and he was poised to attack. Lindsay knew that it would take one leap for Euan to bypass Liam and land right behind his target. "Euan, don't do this."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Liam yelled, "Back the fuck down!" He whipped around at the feral hiss that came from behind him. His eyes widened at the sight of Alauria also crouched low, ready to spring into battle. The expression on her face was dark and twisted, much unlike anything he'd ever seen. Small sparks of electricity sizzled off her, making little popping sounds meant as a warning. Euan was her focus and for a moment, Liam didn't know who to protect. "What the fuck..."

"Euan, NO!" Alexis rushed forward and wrapped his arms around his brother's neck. They both went down hard, but Alexis managed to keep his arms around his brother. Euan fought hard, squirming and bucking to get loose, but Alexis refused to give up. He was vaguely aware of the fact that his shoulder was bleeding from flying into the corner of the island, and the pain that radiated throughout his back and arm was nearly overwhelming. "Jameson!"

Jameson snapped out of his shocked stupor and ran to help Alexis. He placed his weight on Euan's hind-section and managed to glance up in time to watch Liam and Lindsay restrain Alauria as she sprang forward to attack. There was something strangely familiar about the way she moved; everything was quick, rough and calculated. She moved to kill, not to defend, and she would do what she had to do to get through him and his brothers to get to Euan.

"Hey, what's - oh, my God!" Charisma stopped at the door's entrance as she took in the scene before her. "Jameson-"

"Charisma, get out of here now!" Jameson shouted. The last thing he needed was to worry about her getting caught in the middle of what was going on. "Go!"

"But I can help."

"For the love of God, get the fuck out of here!" Liam shouted. He tightened his hold on Alauria and had to ignore the searing pain that came from the electricity flowing forth from her body. "What the fuck is she on?"

Lindsay ignored his brother's question as he struggled to hold an unbelievably strong Alauria at bay. "Alauria, stop it." He twisted her around and pinned her to the floor to keep her from moving. In her wild haze, she looked up at him, and he gasped at the demonic expression on her face. For a moment, her eyes went from brown to blue, and he almost forgot to keep a good grip on her. "Alauria, God damn it!"

"Charisma, leave!" Jameson shouted at the same time. Holding Euan back was proving to a trying experience and he wasn't sure how much longer he could hold on. "Go to our room. Lock the door and don't come out until I come for you!" He grunted in both relief and frustration when she finally turned around and ran from the room.

"Get him out of here!" Lindsay shouted at Jameson and Alexis, "Drag him if you have to!"

"Liam, get over here!"

Liam glanced from Alexis, who'd shouted the order, to Lindsay, unsure of who most needed his help.

"Go ahead; I got her."

"Where have I heard that one before?" Liam grumbled.

"Just go." Lindsay pinned Alauria to the ground using more of his body weight and managed to hold her arms above her head. The lack of range of movement finally broke her wild behavior and slowly, she began to calm. Lindsay sighed as he glanced up to see his brothers successfully drag Euan out of the room. Shock washed over him, as he could not believe what just happened.

So much for taking her home.

"Lindsay?"

He looked down into her confused eyes. "Alauria?"

She glanced at the ceiling's recessed lighting and frowned in confusion. "Why are we on the floor?" As she tried to sit up, she realized that she was restrained. "Why are you holding me down?

"You don't remember what just happened?"

"Something happened?"

"Yeah; you and Euan would have killed each other if the rest of us didn't step in."

"Euan the dog?" Alauria's frown deepened at what she'd heard. She tried to fight a dog? Suddenly, blinding pain shot through her head and radiated down her back. She closed her eyes in response. It felt as if her head would explode at any moment, and her stomach cramped uncomfortably. "Oh, God," she groaned.

Lindsay was quick to lift her off the floor and into his arms to carry her to their bedroom. As he rushed upstairs, she continued to groan in pain and her skin warmed dangerously; she was extremely feverish. "What's been going on with you?" She only groaned in response, forcing him to walk faster. By the time he had her placed in bed, she was shaking. "Alauria, Alauria, look at me."

Through the haze of pain coursing through her, she looked at Lindsay and noticed the worried look in his eyes. "I want to go home."

"I'll take you home as soon as you're better."

"Get my mom."

Lindsay felt his gut twist as he said, "I'm sorry, baby, but I can't do that."

"Go away," she sobbed. The pain intensified, forcing tears from her eyes. She felt as if she was going to die, and if that was to happen, she at least wanted the opportunity to say goodbye to her mother.

Lindsay watched as she rolled away from him to fold herself into the fetal position. Within moments, she'd fallen asleep. He lingered for a few minutes, monitoring her condition and ensuring her safety. He didn't want to leave her, but he needed to check on his brothers. Concern for his family won out and he quickly found his way back to the kitchen. With the exception of Euan, his brothers were there. "Euan?"

"Gone," Alexis replied. He leaned against the refrigerator with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What the fuck just happened?" Liam asked. His hands shook fiercely and his head spun from the shocked of what he'd witnessed. "They both went ape-shit."

"I don't know," Lindsay said with a shake of the head. "She was doing so well. And then Euan set her off."

"That wasn't like him," Jameson said, "to just attack like that."

"It wasn't like her either," Lindsay replied. "One minute she's the person I fell for, and then shit like this happens."

"Line she's a different person," Jameson said.

"As if she's been taken over by some demonic force." Alexis added. His comment forced everyone into a contemplative silence, and he waited patiently for his brothers to say something else to help solve the mystery.

"There was something very familiar about the way she prepared to attack," Jameson said, "The way she crouched and hissed..."

The memory of her eyes turning blue forced Lindsay to stand straighter as a horrible thought washed over him. He said nothing to his brothers as he ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs to get back to his room. When he opened the door, he stooped at the sight of Alauria in nothing but her underwear, writing on the bed as if in the throes of passion. "Baby?"

"I think we should play a game."

"What?" He hurriedly closed the door to keep any of his brothers from seeing her. "What kind of game?" He asked as she slowly ran her hands over her soft body. Because of everything that just happened, he should not have been aroused by this. But his cock was hard and aching, and his hands itched to take over her slow, torturous movements.

"Your name is... Bob, and you're a lonely door-to-door encyclopedia salesman." She smiled as he leaned against the closed door to watch her trail her hand down to her dampening core. "You've knocked on my door and I answered wearing only this. So I had no choice but to invite you in so that I could cover myself up."

This was sounding more like a bad porno movie with every word she uttered. But he couldn't seem to care. "But you haven't."

"Do you want me to?"

He needed to say yes. She was sick and temperamental and was likely to go crazy at any second. He needed to say yes. "No." He was seriously deranged.

Alauria slowly left the bed and sauntered to him, seductively removing the lace enclosure of her bra as she moved. "Do you want me, Bob?"

"What do you think?" He groaned when she pressed her still too-warm skin against him and licked the side of his neck. "You should be resting." Yes, that was what he needed to remind them both. He seriously was weak when it came to the woman; who actually considered letting a woman in her condition have her way with him?

"But I want you, Bob."

"Alauria-"

"No. There's no Alauria here." She leaned forward to kiss him and groaned when he plunged his tongue into her mouth. Her hands moved to the fastenings of his pants, thoroughly satisfied that his erection begged for freedom. "Yes, that's it, Bob."

"Miss Hawkins..."

"Call me Rachel."

The request pulled him out of the web of seduction she'd woven. Lindsay gently pushed her away so that he could clearly look into her glittering eyes. She stared at him unwaveringly, allowing him to see the lust and determination. But as he continued to stare at her, an eerily familiar emptiness was seen in her eyes as well, a small vacuum that silently begged for sustenance. "What the hell is wrong with you?" The angry flash that swept through her eyes made him gasp as horrifying realization dawned. Before she could answer, he turned and walked out of the room, ignoring her calls to return. Fury unlike any he'd ever known burned raw through him; it was a miracle that he could even see straight. He stormed down the stairs and into the kitchen, oblivious to the curious stares his brothers gave him. "Watch her while I'm gone."

"Where are you going?" Jameson asked.

"I'll be back before dawn," was all Lindsay said. He walked into the garage and made quick work of getting into his truck. Within minutes, he was on the road, determined to find answers to the questions burning within him. There was an explanation to Alauria's behavior, and he was going to find it before anyone was killed. He had his suspicions, but the all pointed one ending, the worst possible ending he could imagine, an ending he wasn't prepared to deal with.

He drove like a madman, grateful that the majority of the roadways were empty; he had to remember to increase the payments needed to show all of the roads as unfinished on all maps. Lindsay tried to focus on the roads he sped on, but his mind continued to drift to his memories of Alauria's erratic behavior. The animalistic way they'd made love on Alexis' truck... She'd drawn blood when she touched him. He should have known that something was wrong with her then, but he'd been too blind with lust to bother to be concerned.

The memory of what happened in the music room was another instance in which he should have seen passed what he knew about her. Even Charisma tried to warn him that something was wrong. But he'd brushed her behavior off as extreme fatigue and stress. He didn't want to acknowledge that there was a problem; she'd been through so much already, all because of him, and he wanted to believe that he'd finally managed to give her the peace she wanted.

Lindsay didn't even bother to cut the ignition as he rushed out of the truck and through the woods. It wasn't as if anyone would steal the truck so far out in the woods. He stomped through the thick underbrush, ignoring the way the wayward branches scratched his skin. His only concern was getting to the one place he never wanted to see again. It didn't take more than ten minutes to get there; anxiety gave him speed. Too late, he realized that he didn't bring a shovel, and resorted to digging with his bare hands to get through the compacted soil once he'd cleared the grave of the heavy stones he'd arranged before. A cold sweat broke out over his body; both from anxiety and the strain of his movements. He had to be wrong. Alauria was only sick with a weird supernatural virus. There could be no other answer.

With renewed vigor, Lindsay dug faster. His hands burned and cramped uncomfortably, but he didn't stop. He couldn't stop. Not until he had answers. Images of Alauria's smiling face spurred him on, forcing him to work faster. Lindsay's heartbeat was furious; he was sure it would explode. He was in a panic; fear wasn't the only emotion coursing through him. There was anger at himself for being so blind, worry that he wasn't capable of saving Alauria, and disappointment that it took so much for him to come to his senses. He never thought that he'd be at Rachel's grave again, but this was the only logical answer he could think of.

Finally, after endless minutes of digging, he'd reached the decaying body he'd buried. Lindsay brushed the dirt from the body and found nothing questionable. He worked from the feet up, inspecting every inch that had been covered with dirt. As he moved up the body, he frowned; Rachel never had freckles on her human body. He brushed more dirt from the corpse and discovered a tribal tattoo of Celtic origin on the right clavicle. "No.." He'd seen those marks before, and they weren't carried by another other being he knew of. Lindsay didn't bother to brush more dirt from the corpse; he fished through the dirt and easily found the head that had been separated from the body. As he pulled it from the grave, he felt his heart seize dangerously; the owner of the head was a flaming redhead with more tattoos on her face. Those were the markings of the Magori, shape-shifting demons that used their ability for pay. Royalty and celebrities often used them to keep others from harming them, and Raife had been no different. He hadn't killed her. She was still alive. "Fuck... No..."

It took three repetitions of the ring tone he'd allotted to Alexis' calls for Lindsay to fish his cellular phone out of his pocket. "Yeah?"

"Come back. She's getting worse."

________________

We're only a couple of chapters to the end lovelies. Brace yourselves.

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers
12