Haven's Wood Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That must be nice. Having all these people you can depend on, who depend on you in return." Natasha mused wistfully. She turned to ask Katie a question only to find she'd vanished leaving only a bottle of red wine in her place.

"If I didn't know better I'd say she was setting us up on a date." Natasha joked to James.

James could only smile in response. He reached over for the bottle of wine, and poured them each a glass.

"I could think of no better way to spend an evening than in your company." James breathed.

Natasha stared at him dumbstruck for a moment. Then burst out laughing, amused and embarrassed all at the same time.

"That's the cheesiest line I've ever heard!" She told him "but thank you for the kind lie."

She took a gulp of the wine to hide her embarrassment.

James frowned a little at her comment, when she'd put her glass down, her reached over and gently took her chin between his thumb and finger. He turned her face so she was looking into his eyes.

"I don't lie." He told her softly, but firmly "I think you are a charming, beautiful woman and I cannot tell you how glad I am to have met you."

Natasha's breath caught in her throat. She knew she was nothing special, but when he said it she could almost believe him. She felt her cheeks start to flush and pulled her head away. She dropped her chin so that her hair fell like a curtain between them.

James gently brushed her hair back over her shoulder.

"You never need to hide to yourself from me."

Natasha was overwhelmed. She hardly knew this man and yet she could feel herself being drawn to him, his words soothed her soul while every touch of his hands was stoking the flames building inside her.

There was something wrong with her she decided, first the wolf and now this, she'd never even had a real boyfriend before now, and yet she knew that if she stayed with this man much longer she was going to cross a very intimate line for the second time that day.

"I'm sorry James, I'm suddenly feeling very tired." She said "I think I drank too much wine." She started to slide out of the booth "I think it's best if I call it a night. Tell Katie I'm sorry." And she left.

James reached out as if to keep her from leaving, but she was gone.

12