He Isn't Hers, She Isn't His

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's that sigh that tells him she's about to make her exit. Her expression is somewhere between relaxed and troubled, he's come to know it as her "that-was-good-but-what-have-I-done" face.

"I've gotta go." There's finality in her voice that he's not sure he should take too seriously, as he's heard it many times before.

He nods; his expression similar to the indifference that greeted her on his doorstep over an hour ago.

He watches her tug on her clothes and make her escape. Unsure of how to feel, he throws his legs over the side of the bed and decides a long run will help him work off the aggression with which her absence has left him. As he stands from the bed, he catches a glint on his nightstand.

He can't help but chuckle to himself, grabbing up her wedding rings. He inspects the shimmering diamonds for a moment, before placing them back where he found them, knowing she'll be back. And they'll both claim what's rightfully theirs.

12