Healer's Touch Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers

"What the hell!" Jonathan growled as the blond woman in front of him became older and her blond hair turned to a dark brown. "Fuck!" he growled as he recognized the man behind her.

Aric smiled sarcastically. Elena used Jonathan's brief moment of disbelief to push her way onto the stage. Aric tried to follow her but Jonathan snapped out of his shock and grabbed him.

"You stupid bastard!" Jonathan growled in Aric's ear. "What the hell possessed you to come back! You're as good as dead if Gracie catchs sight of you."

"The throne should be mine! I am the first born son." Aric said angrily.

* * * * *

Kat turned as the woman rushed on stage. She paled as the woman drew closer. Even though she hadn't seen her mother in years, she would have recognized her anywhere. She looked older and anger had transformed her elegant features into a hateful sight.

Kat was unprepared for the woman to attack her. She tore at Kat's ceremonial robes before yanking on her hair and dragging her down to the ground. Shouts and yells filled the air, as confusion reigned.

Kat fought back but she was at a disavantage. She didn't want to hurt her mother even after all that she had done to her. Her mother on the other hand, had murder in her eyes. As Kat desperately tried to fend off the bigger woman, it became clear to her that other than birthing her, Elena had no feelings towards her own daughter.

As they rolled dangerously close to the edge of the stage, more pandamomiun broke out as Aric freed himself from Jonathan. He darted across the stage to entercept Charlie.

"I want to challenage you to the right of King!" he yelled as he slid to a stop in front of a shocked Charlie.

"Damn it." Charlie growled as the other wizard released a spell to attack him. Charlie ducked as the bolt of energy was absorbed by the poduim. Witin moments of impact the poduim exploded, showering debris all over the stage.

Kat gasped in pain as a sharp piece of shrapinal hit her shoulder buring itself deep. She slumped as pain flooded her system. Elena took advantage of Kat's misforunate and rolled Kat under her. Leaning over her daughter and wrapped her hands around Kat's throat. Immediately Kat's hands flew up to her throat and pried at Elena's fingers.

* * * * *

Charlie swore as he saw the some of the debris hit Kat and the other woman. His heart cried out in agony when he heard Kat's cry of pain. He had to get to her! But first he had to deal with Aric.

"Aric, damnit. I never wanted you fuckin' throne. And now, is not the time for this." He growled as his powers surged irratically to his anger.

"I will take it. Once I kill you, the people of Areseric will have to accept me. I have the cure for the chicken pox that is attacking them." Aric boosted.

Charlie went still, his eyes narrowing as the wheels spun in his head. No one other than the immediate royal family actually knew what illness was causing the plague.

"When did you arrive?" he growled as he feinted left and managed to grab the wizard by the front of his shirt. "When the hell did you sneak back onto Venus? Are you the son of bitch responsible for the deaths of my people!" When the other man just stared at him, Charlie drew his fist back and slugged the other wizard in the mouth.

Aric laughed weakly after he spit out a mouth full of blood.

"Finally figuring that one out?" Aric gloated before he struck out with his power. As close as Charlie was, there was no way to avoid it. He shook with the extra energy that flooded his system. He let go of Aric with a cry. His entire body felt as if he was going to explode.

He dropped to his knees as the electric surge of magic bounced around his cells. He was barely aware of Master Iason dropping down next to him.

"You have to release the extra energy, Charles. Focus it and push it out of your body." he told him. Then he gone as Aric pushed him away from Charlie. He dropped down next to Charlie.

"What's wrong, big guy. A little to much energy running around your system." he taunted. "It sucks to be powerless, doesn't it?"

"Who said I was powerless?" Charlie growled and for the first time ever he lashed out with his new found abilities. Aric flew off of him and landed next to Kat and Elena.

Charlie rolled to his feet, every inch the pissed off Vindexcis warrior. This man dare to threaten him, his people, even his chosen! He lashed out with his power, only to pale as Aric ducked and the bolt struck the women.

* * * * *

Kat shoved as hard as she could and pushed the other woman into an upright position. There was a thud beside them, then Elena arched up twisted in agony. Kat drew a deep breath as air flooded her starved lungs.

"No!" Aric yelled, as he turned and picked up Elena, his eyes filled with tears.

"Help her!" he pleaded with Kat as she slowly sat up. Kat looked over at her mother.

"Why?" she asked numbly as she crawled over to where Aric was holding Elena.

"Because you have...have everything...everything I always wanted...heal...heal me," Elena gasped.

Kat stared at her mother. Everything that her mother had ever done came back to haunt her. But in the end, it wasn't enough to make her wish 'death' on her. Leaning down, she placed her hands on Elena and sent healing warmth through her. Elena gasped in relief as the warmth flooded her damaged body and repaired the injuries.

Kat leaned back and watched as Aric helped her mother to her feet. She breathed heavily as tremors gripped her body. She felt every ache and pain while her shoulder was burning like hades. She reached behind her and felt the shaft of wood that was buried in her. She winced for she was going to have to have it removed before she could heal it. And at the moment she didn't think that she even had the energy to heal a hang nail, let alone a wound as severe as her own.

"Ah, Hellkat, what trouble have you got yourself into this time," Charlie groused as he knelt down next to her. Kat smiled at him briefly, as he pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. She smiled weakly as he brushed a kiss across her lips. As usual pleasure streaked through her. He smiled in return as he pulled back and helped her to her feet.

"Stop right there." Elena said coldly. She stood next to Aric with a gun in her hand.

"You still want to kill her after she just saved your life?" Charlie asked in disbelief.

"She's a bastard." Elena laughed maniacally, "she doesn't even know who her father was. She was nothing more than a means to an end. I regret the day that you were even born!" she yelled at Kat. "It's too bad, that your father never claimed you. You would have been the reigning Princess of Sandova. Pity, that fate is such a bitch, Katrina; now it looks likae I will be taking your spot as the Queen of Areseric after I kill you and that boy." she said referring to Charlie. "I wonder, will it only take one bullet to kill both of you? Will history repeat itself, King Charles? Will another chosen die in your arms. But rumor is that this time you will not be so lucky and escape the same fate." she taunted just before she squeezed the trigger. Charlie reacted instantly placing his body between Kat and her mother.

Before the bullet could reach Charlie's sheild, it paused in mid-air as Master Iason stood next to it. He looked over at his daughter who still held the smoking gun, deep regret filling his eyes. He reached out and turned the bullet around towards Elena.

She stared at him angrily.

"You wouldn't dare, Dad. You left Venus to stay with me. I'm your little girl and you love me." she taunted.

"Yes, I love my little girl, Elena; but whatever was left of Elenora is gone. In her place I see a cold, manuplative woman that will never be happy. My daughter never would have hurt another person - she was a healer. She was loved by both her mother and I - and now she's gone." He finished before releasing the spell that held the bullet in midair.

"NO!" * * * * * Kat watched in horror as the bullet ment to kill her struck Elena in the chest. Elena groaned and sagged into her husband's arms. Aric slid down to the ground holding his wife.

"No. Not my Elena." he cried as he looked up at Charie with hatred.

Charlie stared back at him with pity. It was obvious, even though Elena wasn't a good person,that Aric cared deeply for her.

Suddenly Aric grabbed his chest. Under the white shirt blood spread.

"What?" he gasped as he stared at his hands in disbelief.

"She was your chosen - you were bonded." Charlie guessed.

"But you..." Aric protested.

"My power didn't choose to bond with Deanna, Aric. So I survived. Ironic isn't it?"

"What?" Aric gasped.

"That you are going to suffer the fate that you wished on me." Charlie said softly as the other man fell foward onto his chosen's body, dead.

"Well, at least that saves me from killing him," Gracie said as she and Rand finally made it onto the stage.

* * * * *

The next few moments were chaotic as Arianna was brought to the stage to care for Kat and the two bodies were hastily removed.

Kat winced as Arianna pulled the wood out of her shoulder.

"Shh," Charlie soothed as he held her while Arianna worked on her.

"It burns," Kat gasped as Arianna placed a healing hand over the wound.

"Just a moment longer." She told Kat as the burning intensified. Kat sighed with relief as the pain disappeared. She slumped in Charlie's arms.

"It's finished." Arianna said as she stood. She walked to the center of the stage, where Master Iason joined her.

"She is healed!" Arianna called out to the quiet crowd. A murmur filled the room as everyone sighed in relief.

"And I would like to present my granddaughter, and daughter of Elenora the healer and King William of Sandova." Master Iason's voice rang with pride and love.

* * * * *

Philip knelt down next to Kat and Charlie. He stared at the other man.

"May I?" Philip asked before helping Kat to her feet.

"You're her brother. No harm-no foul." Charlie said. He grabbed Philip's arm. "But the next time you try to hurt my chosen, I'll hunt you down."

"Understood." Philip said as he took Kat's arm and led her over to Arianna and Jason.

"And my sister, Katrina, the Lady with the Healing Hands." Philip shouted as he presented his sister to the crowd. The clamorous cheer went up that had Kat's ears ringing. She had finally found a home.

dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers
12