Healing Rites of Passage Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
musecues
musecues
102 Followers

"Her memory's starting to heal itself," muttered Adrian as he watched her walk off in search of the ladies. He had numbed the headache but he knew it would resurface again soon.

"Why did you bring her here Adrian? Don't you fear she might be related to Olybrius or anything? She might be working for him! How can you put more of us at risk here?" seethed Raphael.

"She cannot be, Raphael. I did a background check on her. Besides, I am intrigued as to why she was able to make Abben, in his comatose state listen to her commands. I need to know her connection to this, Raphael. It is not a matter of personal interest, I assure you," he replied cooly.

When Heidi came back, the men were all looking at her expectantly. She assured them that she was fine and that the headache was gone.

"Heidi, I need you to do something for me," Adrian suddenly said. Taking out the bracelet from his pocket, he passed it to her. Her eyes widened. Did he found out that she had been through his things?

"How may I help you?" she replied meekly. Raphael's eyes had widened in shock and anger and Aqurico was simply dumbstruck.

"Tell me what you know about this bracelet."

"I'm sorry you found out..." she began. Raphael slapped his hand on the table.

"This is outrageous Adrian!"

"Let her speak, Raphael!" he retorted.

"Please, men... please... I'm sorry... I was curious, I swear I was. It had some scribbling and I just read it... Please don't quarrel..." her voice was almost unheard above the din that Raphael and Adrian were making.

It was lucky that Adrian had reserved a separate corner in the restaurant, closed off from the rest of the patrons. Aqurico was having a hard time trying to calm both Raphael's and Adrian's anger at the same time and was feeling the strain already.

"Silence!!!" screamed Heidi. What happened next shocked Aqurico and Adrian profoundly. For just a split second, her words had caused a split between Adrian and Mélas, such that Mélas was thrown to the end of the room, far behind where Heidi was standing up. Her fierce blue eyes had darkened to the colour of sapphires but Aqurico did not sense any anger in her. She was just a little nervous but not angry. He recalled a similar incident with Ella and Abben and wondered if it was related in any way.

"Raphael, why don't we take a walk outside for some fresh air?" suggested Aqurico, taking the elderly man's hand lest he protested.

****

The next morning, Adrian had woken Heidi up early to prepare her for their trip to the Chiesa di Santa Margherita de' Cerchi. He had just gotten out of the showers when he woke her up.

"We're going to the Chiesa di Santa Margherita de' Cerchi today. It's a sacred church. Raphael's wife is buried there. So I want you to be extra careful when around him today. He's a bit emotional since his daughter went missing."

"Missing? Was she kidnapped?"

"Well, something like that. But I think she's safe."

"Do the police know about this?"

"Uh, no... we didn't want to involve them," replied Adrian, not entirely sure how to explain things to her without divulging too much.

"Oh dear... Raphael is some Italian mafia isn't he... and that's why he doesn't want the police involved... Oh dear... oh dear..."

"What... no! Don't be silly. He's an English professor, Heidi."

Still staring at him with sceptical eyes, she reached for her towel and walked to the bathroom.

"I'm coming with you."

"Where? Ohh... Adrian!"

musecues
musecues
102 Followers
12