Heart of the Wolf Ch. 08

Story Info
Catie's wolf emerges
4.9k words
4.73
34.1k
91

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 06/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
queenie_D
queenie_D
484 Followers

Catie woke up lying on the floor of a cave. She heard water dripping from somewhere deeper inside and smelled the dampness from it. She shivered as cold traveled through her naked body from the cave floor. She looked around but couldn't see much of anything, so she mustered the courage to stand up and try and take in where she was.

She didn't know which way she was going so she walked away from the sounds of the dripping water, hoping that she'd find the exit to the cave. She wrapped her arms around her breasts, trying to warm herself as she continued to move. She was surprised that she hadn't been tied up, but then again, she was surprised that she had been taken again by Logan. She silently wished that she and Kaine had some sort of bond, so that he could find her.

As she continued to move in the direction that she thought was out, she heard sounds coming from behind her. It sounded like she was being followed. Alarms rang through her mind and her wolf growled deeply at the thought of danger. She decided to run and bolted quickly in the direction that she was going.

Suddenly, she was tackled to the ground and pinned beneath a large, black wolf. Logan. No matter how much she struggled, he didn't move off of her, just kept her pinned to the ground and growled at her. Catie's wolf screamed in her mind and fought hard to take over so that they could fight. Catie was imbued with her strength and continued to fight with the wolf above her. She could feel the wolf at the surface and knew that she was in control now desperately punching, clawing, and trying to get him off. Nothing worked.

Finally, Logan had enough of her antics and forced his jaws around her neck. He squeezed some causing Catie to cry out. She could feel blood dripping down her neck into her hair. She stopped moving and could feel the submission coursing through her body. As much as she wanted to fight this, she couldn't. She was mad at herself that she had submitted to him, but both her and her wolf recognized that they would die if they continued.

Logan removed his jaws and shifted above her. He licked up some of her blood from the right side of her neck. "Very sweet, Catie. Soon, you'll mother a whole new race of pups for me," he said inches from her face. "Now, are you going to walk with me back to where I want you or do I have to carry you?"

"I'll walk," she said defeated and kept her eyes away from his. Logan stood up off of her and helped Catie to her feet. He put his arm around her back and walked her back inside the cave. She felt dread as she was lead farther back away from freedom.

They finally reached a larger chamber of the cave. Along the right wall, Catie saw three jail-like cells. Two of them were occupied with two other women. They both came to the front of their cells to look at the newcomer. The woman on the left had short bobbed black hair and had a more slender frame than Catie. The one on the right was a red-head with waist-length hair and seemed to be the same size as Catie. Both of them were naked as well.

Logan smiled as he walked Catie to the middle cell. "Catie meet Layla and Sage," he said pointing to the left then to the right. "You'll be joining these ladies tomorrow during the full moon," he said as he opened the middle cell and pointed for Catie to go inside.

She walked into the small 6' by 8' cell and felt Logan come in behind her. She looked to the left and saw a small, metal cot with a thin blanket on top. At the far end of the cell, was a small metal toilet and a small sink. Otherwise, the walls were covered with bars on all sides. She could see the other women as well.

Logan came up behind her and held her around the waist. "Just give me what I want, Madam Alpha, and maybe I'll let you go," he said slyly. She quickly whipped around and slapped him hard across the face. She felt that her wolf had reacted and could see that Logan's was at the surface as well with his glowing amber eyes. "Ladies, you could learn and thing or two from this one," he said mockingly as he walked out of the cell and locked it behind him. Catie watched him leave the chamber before sitting on the bed and putting her head in her lap.

"I can't believe that you hit him!" she heard from the left. She turned to see Layla standing near enough to her that she could probably reach out and touch her. She looked astounded that someone had challenged Logan's authority. Catie huffed at her and wrapped the thin blanket around herself.

"Just ignore her. She adores that piece of shit. I'm Sage and it's nice to meet you." Catie looked up to see that Sage was sitting on her bed facing her. She could tell that she already liked her a lot. "Are you really an Alpha?"

"Not officially, yet. My mate was going to help me change tomorrow night. He's the Alpha of the Bardou pack."

"Kaine? Wow. I never would've guessed he had it in him to settle down. No offense to you," Sage said in disbelief.

"Who are you?" Catie asked trying to figure out how she knew about Kaine.

"I'm a nobody. I was forced out of my pack because I didn't want to be used as a whelping bitch. Funny how circumstances come around and find you, huh?"

"I don't blame you. I would've left too."

Sage nodded her head in agreement and sighed loudly. She had deep blue eyes and pale skin. Everything about her was stunning, so it was no surprise to Catie that Logan had taken her hostage.

"You mentioned that Kaine was going to help you shift. How do you not know how to?"

"I didn't even know that I was a wolf until a few days ago. She started surfacing after I was captured by Logan the first time. I honestly don't know why and I haven't been able to get with Kaine's IT guy to figure out why."

"Strange. I'd heard about wolves like you, but hadn't ever met one before. I see that you've been bitten. By your mate presumably." Catie blushed and nodded her head yes. "Anyways, I didn't answer your question fully. I'm Sage Connely and I'm a lone wolf now. I was a beta in my old pack." She sighed loudly as if remembering a bad memory. She then shook her head and hardened her voice as she spoke again, "Jackass attacked me when I was asleep one night and brought me back here. I'll be damned if I let him get near me."

Catie smiled to herself. She liked this female a lot. "Sage, I'd be more than happy to welcome you into my pack if we get out of this."

"I'll think about that offer," Sage said as she laid her head down and covered up with her blanket.

Catie looked over towards Layla and saw her scowling at the two of them. She could feel her wolf getting pissed off at that girl and chose to ignore her. She too followed Sage's lead and laid down to try and get some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaine ran through the pack territory again retracing every possible way in and out of the area. He couldn't pick up either Logan's or Catie's scent. He was in a panic as was the rest of the pack that was searching the area. They'd pick up a faint trail of scent, follow it, and then it would just disappear. How was this possible? He'd felt Catie project pain to everyone and as they all tried to follow it to the source, it too faded.

They'd been searching ever since late last night. It was now dawn and they still had nothing. Tonight was the full moon. He had to find her before then. He didn't want her to have to shift alone and he sure as hell didn't want Logan trying to mate with her. Thinking about Logan infuriated him even more and he howled out in anger.

Alpha. I have some news for you. Please come to the lab.

Kaine rushed back to the mansion and straight up to the lab where Mitch was. When he reached it, he shifted and walked up to the screen that Mitch was looking at.

"What do you have?"

"I found some hair from Logan on the window and ran it to see if I could find anything. It's interesting to say the least." Kaine watched him pull up a couple more windows on the computer until it came to the analysis of the hairs.

"What am I looking at Mitch?"

"I ran it through our systems and couldn't find out what was on it. There is a shiny substance that is present at the base of the follicle shaft though. I ran it again through our database and hit on something." Kaine looked at the screen as a second analysis of hairs came up on the next window. "We have had this same substance seen in our systems before, but we couldn't identify it. I continued to run tests on it and found that the properties are consistent with silver which is probably why we lost the scent."

"How is this possible? He shouldn't be able to be anywhere near this stuff since he's a wolf."

Mitch nodded in agreement before continuing on, "I don't know how this is possible. The only explanation that I can think of is that he's been injecting himself with some form of silver which should be a death sentence to any wolf. For some reason though, he has a silver compound that is shedding into his fur and is making it difficult for us to track."

Kaine turned away from the computer and started to pace. He was flustered and was starting to fear that they might not find Catie in time. He wanted to be angry, but that wouldn't bring his mate back to him.

"Kaine, I have more to add," he sighed deeply before he continued on, "The reason I hit on this in the system was because we found Logan's hairs on somebody else before."

"Who?" he asked as he turned back towards Mitch.

"I'm sorry to bring this up, sir, but we found them on your mother the first time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catie woke up a little while later. She didn't know what time it was, but she looked around to see that the other girls were awake as well. She sat up and noticed that there was some food on the floor of her cell. She picked up the plate and saw some scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of bacon. Her stomach growled at her as she quickly ate the contents.

"Good girls. Eat up because soon you'll need your strength," Logan said mockingly while sitting at a nearby table. Catie suddenly felt nauseous at the thought of what was to come tonight and held her stomach as she sat back down on the bed and wrapped herself in the blanket again.

She felt different and she couldn't place her finger on it. It was like there was an energy in the air that only she could feel. It felt like it was coursing through her waiting to come alive. "Was this from the prospective full moon?"

"Yes," her wolf answered her. "Every wolf can feel it. I can't wait to run for the first time."

Catie smiled at her wolf's thought before retreating out of her mind and back to the hell she was stuck in. Logan had now gotten up and was walking more like pacing back and forth in front of the cells. Layla was at the front of her cell and seemed to be almost begging for Logan's attention. Catie and Sage kept their places on their beds and ignored his movements.

Logan stopped in front of Layla's cell and knelt down to where she was sitting on the ground. He reached his hand in and she instinctively laid her head in it. She even whimpered some as he stroked the side of her face. Catie felt disgust run through her as she watched Layla's behavior.

"You two could learn a thing from this one," Logan said as he caressed Layla's face. "It's really up to you on how this happens. You can either submit, like Layla, and it can be a pleasant experience, or you can choose for me to make it unpleasant for you."

"Fuck you, asshole!" Sage shouted from her bed.

Logan stood up and walked over to Sage's cell. "Don't worry. I fully intend to enjoy you tonight." Sage spat at him and turned her back away from him. Catie decided that she did indeed like this woman and hoped that she'd become an ally once they got out of this.

"And you, my sweet Catie," Logan started as he walked to her cell, "First, we'll have to wait for you to shift before I can have my fun with you. It shouldn't be too painful for you though."

Catie ignored him and watched him walk away from the cells. He sat back down at the table and picked up a syringe from the table. Catie watched as he used his right hand to position the needle with his vein in his left arm and injected himself with whatever it was. Once the drug was administered, his body froze and dropped the syringe on the ground. Then he violently started to seize before he shifted. The wolf howled out in pain and continued to seize for another two minutes. Afterwards, everything was calm. He shifted back as if nothing had happened and left the chamber.

Once Catie couldn't hear his footsteps anymore, she turned to Sage, horrified at what she'd just seen. "What the fuck was that?"

"He's been injecting himself with some form of silver. Silver is highly toxic to us wolves and typically would kill us on the spot if we got exposed to enough of it," Sage said matter-of-factly. "However, I've been here for a little over a week and he's done it every morning. My wolf can barely smell him because of it."

Catie didn't know what to make of this information, but she figured that that was how he'd gotten into the manor in the first place. She hesitantly wondered if Kaine had anything going and was any closer to finding her. She missed him and didn't want to shift with this asshole around.

"Sage?"

"Yes?" she said as she turned and looked at Catie.

Catie was trembling and scared about what was going to happen, but tonight was the night that her wolf would emerge. She needed to be strong and take on her role as madam alpha. If Kaine wasn't able to get to her, then she'd need someone's help.

"Would you, please, help me through the change?"

"Of course. I'd be honored to."

Catie felt relief course through her. Maybe once she shifted, she'd be able to escape this asshole. She wasn't sure how everything would work, but she tried to calm her nerves and make herself feel better. At least she had a female here that would help her through this and give her guidance if it came to that point. She hoped that it wouldn't, but just in case, it was better to have a plan.

Layla looked at both of them and scowled as she laid back down on her bed. "You bitches had better get your rest. I'm sure our alpha plans to have fun with us in a little bit."

Catie felt the urge to vomit. It quickly subsided though with the look of defiance in Sage's eyes. "You fucking rest, whore. Make sure you're good and ready for that bastard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaine woke up around 4pm. He had needed the sleep, but he felt guilty for wasting time. He still had no leads as to where Catie was. He was more than worried and pissed at himself.

Any updates? Kaine asked through his link to the whole pack.

None, sir. I'm sorry. Was the response that he got back from Jake.

He felt his mood falter and dread start to course through him. There wasn't much time left and still there was nothing. Then there was also the news of Logan's hairs being found on his mother all those years ago. Kaine felt rage at the thought of that bastard possibly killing her. He would exact revenge for the people that that asshole had damaged.

Kaine heard a buzzing noise coming from the nightstand to his left. He looked over to see that Catie's phone was ringing. He grabbed it and didn't recognize the number on the screen. He let it ring until it went to voicemail. When it started ringing again, he decided that he'd answer it.

"Hello?"

"Kaine. So nice to hear your voice again."

Kaine's blood boiled as he heard Logan's voice on the other line. Mitch, tap Catie's cellphone now! I have him on the phone.

"Where is she?"

"That's no way to talk to someone."

"I want to know where she is. If you so much as harmed her, I'll..."

"You'll what? Kill me?" Logan said mockingly on the other line. "She's doing fine. In fact, she's preparing herself for the shift and to give herself to me."

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER!!" Kaine roared into the phone.

"Oh, but I plan on doing just that and more to her. She's going to make a wonderful whelping bitch, don't you think?"

Kaine could feel that he was about to lose control. He fought hard to keep it together. "Why don't you just come after me then? Leave her alone and come fight me. Alpha to alpha."

"I could but this is much more fun," he heard Logan chuckle on the other line. "Well, I think I've given you enough time to ponder what I'm going to do to your little bitch. I need to go and tend to them now. Enjoy the moon, Kaine. I know that I will."

The line went dead and Kaine felt himself shaking with rage. Mitch! Tell me that you have something!

I have a hit, sir. It's about 15 miles from here. I'm checking into the area, but he called from a payphone.

Jake, I know it's the full moon, but...

You'd don't have to ask me. I'm coming with you. Lia is ready and so are Syd and Marshall. Just tell us when.

Meet me in the lab. We'll get the coordinates from Mitch and be on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catie watched horrified as Layla and then Sage was lead out of their cells and then out of the cave. Sage didn't go without a fight though and even landed a couple of blows to Logan's face before he managed to restrain her arms and lead her off. She chuckled at the memory of that. She sat down on the cot and listened quietly. She remained like that until Logan returned 10 minutes later.

He walked up to her cell and quickly unlocked it. Logan walked inside the cell and Catie could feel that her wolf was at the surface. She could tell that she wanted to change, but wasn't sure of how to do it just yet.

"Are you going to come quietly with me, Madam Alpha?"

Catie didn't say a word. She stood up and followed Logan out of the cell. He quickly got behind her, placed her hands behind her back, and started leading her out without the use of her arms. His grip was very rough and tight on her wrists. She ignored the tinge of pain and walked where he lead her.

Once outside of the cave, Catie could see that the sun had set and that the moon was starting to come up. She noticed that Logan purposefully walked her in areas where the moonlight wasn't shining. They walked through the forest for about 7 minutes before they came to a forest clearing. To the right, was a small pond that looked to have crystal clear water. To the left, she saw the girls. Layla was sitting naked without restraints on the ground while Sage was shackled to a nearby tree. Sage was trying to struggle against her bonds, but was unsuccessful.

Logan walked Catie to a tree beside Sage and shackled her to it as well. "I can't have you running off, now can I?"

Catie ignored him and kept her head down. She felt very different and felt something coursing through her. The need to run and be free was heightened when Logan restrained her. She reminded herself to stay calm though. Somehow, she'd get out of this.

Logan lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes. She could see that his were a bright amber color and her wolf warned her that his wolf was at the surface and ready to do whatever it took to subdue them. "Your wolf has beautiful eyes, Catie. I can only imagine what she actually looks like," he said without letting go over her. "My wolf can't wait to be mounted on her."

Catie could feel her wolf taking over completely and fighting hard to get out of their restraints. She wanted to rip his head off. Finally, he had had enough of her struggling and punched her in the stomach. All the breath quickly left her as she gasped and her legs gave out some. He turned and walked towards Layla. Catie's wolf watched him go and thought of ways to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaine felt Catie's pain signature run through him and the rest of the wolves with him. As soon as they felt it, they immediately turned and started rushing off in the direction it came from. Rage built higher in Kaine. He was alarmed because not all of it was from him. With dread, he realized that Catie's wolf was about to emerge. He'd promised to help her and hoped that he could make it in time.

queenie_D
queenie_D
484 Followers
12