Heart of the Wolf Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At her admission, he was instantly pissed. Another male had laid their hands on her. His wolf growled and urged him to go back and rip their heads off. Instead, Kaine did the one thing that would calm down his wolf. He took Catie into his arms and hugged her. She yelped and tried to push him away at first. However, she slowly started to relax some and actually wrapped her arms around him as well. He then took his left hand, pushed away her hair, and scented her neck. She didn't understand what he was doing, but he felt her sigh and even giggle some. He smiled at that thought and laid his head on her shoulder. He could've stayed like that forever, but he finally released her and backed away.

He seemed much calmer to Catie and no matter how afraid of men she was, she couldn't continue to deny that she was attracted to him. He had helped her, offered his home to her, and bought her clothes. What more could she ask for? She felt special and hoped that it wasn't a fluke. "Kaine, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened," she said as she looked down towards the ground. She felt ashamed. She didn't have an answer to what had happened and felt herself start to cry. She was quickly taken back into his arms and was held tightly to his chest. He ran his hands up and down her back which caused her to flinch. He noticed her flinch and immediately stopped.

"Don't cry, Catie. Everything will be ok. I promise." She swore that he sounded sad himself. Why was he so upset? She was confused at his reaction, but was enjoying the feeling of being held by somebody that cared. Or at least she hoped that's what it was. She pushed herself away some so that she could look up at his face. He brought his hand up and slowly wiped away her tears. She tried hard not to flinch at his hand on her face, but couldn't help it. "I hope you know that I'd never hit you. I wish you wouldn't flinch like that, but I hope to gain your trust so that you won't," he said and smiled at her.

"Kaine," she started as she lowered her eyes towards the ground, "I have a hard time believing that. I don't understand why you would waste your time on me. I'm damaged."

His eyes harden some at her words, "Don't say that. You're not broken. I will gain your trust and you will be happy again." He wanted so badly to tell her what he was and what she was, but she was already overwhelmed with everything, so he decided to change the subject. "Zoey has had nothing but praise for you. I was wondering if you would be interested in being her assistant and working for me?"

She quickly stepped back out of his embrace, so that she could look at his face without being distracted. Did she want this? Could she handle working here? "I'd love to! Thank you!" she said and practically jumped into his arms. He caught her around her waist, lifted her up to where her feet were off the ground and held her tightly. She started giggling and returned his embrace. He could listen to the glorious laugh anytime. She sounded happy and that's exactly what he wanted. That's what he needed to hear.

Without thinking, he kissed her on the cheek. He immediately felt her hold her breath and shut down. She didn't know what to do. He'd just kissed her. Her fear came back to her then. What if he just wanted her here so he could hurt her like Logan and Dr. Travis. She shook her head no. She felt herself being lowered to the ground. He then let go of her and backed away. She looked up and saw shame in his eyes. She was stunned for a second. Why was he ashamed? He looked nervous and seemed to be waiting for her to freak out. "Catie, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

Was she going to let her fears override her happiness? Mentally, she felt the unknown presence say no. She felt her fear subside and this time, she allowed this presence the chance to come and explore. She wanted to figure this out and needed to find out what this was.

Kaine watched Catie go through an internal battle with herself. Why was he so stupid? He wanted her and wanted her badly, but the last thing he wanted to do was freak her out. He closed his eyes for a moment, sighed, then opened them and looked back at her. Instead of seeing a scared woman in front of him, he saw something else. Her eyes glowed ever so slightly which was a tell-tale sign that the wolf was in control. Catie had willingly allowed the wolf to come to the surface and yet, she had no idea.

"Catie, are you ok?" he said testing to see what all they could do yet.

She tried to respond, but nothing would come out. She couldn't speak. 'Well, this is wonderful,' she thought to the presence that was in control. Instead, she just nodded her head yes and sat down on the ground. Kaine patiently stood where he was and waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catie tried to look around and see if she could find what was controlling her at this time. It was hiding again. 'Please, show yourself. If you're going to play around with my body, at least let me know what you are.' For a couple of minutes nothing happened. She thought about how crazy she probably was for talking to herself. Then she saw the white wolf step out into the open. It closed the distance between them and then sat down. 'Are you the one that I've been chasing?' It nodded its head yes.

'How long have you been here?' It didn't do anything. Catie decided that yes/no questions would be the way to go. 'Did you attack the boy?' Again, it nodded yes. 'Thank you for that, but we probably shouldn't go around attacking people,' she said chuckling some. The wolf nodded in agreement.

'Have you always been here?' It stood up this time, came towards her a little more, before sitting back down. Then the wolf nodded yes. Catie felt the urge to move this time. She slowly stood up, walked right up to the white wolf, then sat down in front of her. She lowered her head and Catie placed her head on top of it. Her fur was silky and very soft. She instantly felt a bond with her.

'Kaine is going to think that I'm crazy for this, isn't he?' The wolf looked up at her with bright, green eyes and shook her head no. 'How do you know? Are there others that can do this too?' This time the wolf howled. It wasn't a sorrowful howl it seemed to be one that was happy at Catie's realization that they were not alone anymore. She then butted her head into Catie's chest and Catie was abruptly put back into control of her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She realized that she was sitting on the ground and that Kaine was doing the same thing a few feet away. "How long was I just sitting here?"

"You've been like that for about 45 minutes," he said without looking up. She stood up, walked over towards him and sat down beside him. He still didn't look up at her and she was wondering what was going on.

"Kaine can I tell you something that might be crazy," he nodded his head yes and still kept his head down. "Ok, well, how do I put this?" she started as she thought about what to say. She fought with herself to find the right words to say and just decided to get it out instead, "Kaine, I think I'm part wolf." This time she looked at the ground at her admission. She waited for him to say that she was crazy and to leave her there or take her to the looney bin.

He grabbed ahold of both sides of her face and made her look up at his. His eyes seemed to shine a bright, icy blue. She'd seen them before. They were familiar. Then she knew exactly where she'd seen them before. Those eyes belonged to the black wolf that had saved her along with the others.

"Catie, I don't think you're crazy. I am a wolf to." Her eyes widened at his admission. Kaine sat up and quickly caught her as she fainted. He wasn't surprised by her admission nor by her reaction to his and easily picked her up and carried her back to the mansion. He effortlessly carried her up to his room, laid her on his bed and waited for her to wake back up. He laid down beside her and planted a light kiss to her cheek. His wolf was happy and was patiently waiting for their mate to wake back up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wolf came to Catie willingly this time and sat down beside her. 'What do we do now?' The wolf laid down instead of answering. Catie did the same. Together the two of them laid in a circle. Their heads were touching and they were slowly coming to be more aware of each other's needs and feeling. Catie reached out her hand and placed it on the wolf's paw. Both of them drifted off to sleep feeling less alone and more excited about what was to come.

12