Heat

Story Info
A chance meeting leads to an enjoyable life.
2.8k words
4.37
16.3k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Mark Turner. Have you ever noticed that sometimes reality can be stranger than fiction. That point was driven home to me over twenty years ago. At that time I was in grad school working for my masters in engineering physics. I had enough money to be able to afford a reliable, older, car and have an apartment to myself. But I didn't have the time or money to go on dates. Bummer!

Our school is located less than ten miles, as the crow flies, from the USA/Canada border. Our winters tend to be very hard. It is not highly unusual to see a temperature reach -40 degrees. (It makes no difference whether you are using the Fahrenheit or Celsius scale. At -40 they are essentially the same.)

The drive to get to my parent's house is a ten hour drive, when the weather is good. When the weather is bad it is sometimes not advisable to make the drive. Christmas was rapidly approaching. In the Northern Adirondack mountains it is not unusual to see a real snow storm during this season. This year it looked like the storm was going to pass to the North of us.

The drive requires a fair amount of gasoline and at least one stop for a meal. I have found that it is easier to afford when I can split the fuel cost with someone else. This year, my friend, Bob, was not going to make the trip. He was behind on his school work and had to catch up while he could. That left me in a bit of a bind. I could afford the trip home but the return trip was a bit "iffy".

Bob came to the rescue. He knew of a girl, an undergraduate senior, who was in need of a ride to a town about ten miles further away from school than was my house. She was also an engineering physics major. All I needed to know was her name and where to meet her.

Her name was June Brown. She had volunteered to foot the gas bill. Since she didn't have a car it was cheaper than taking the Greyhound bus.

At the appointed time June knocked on my apartment door. When I opened it I saw a somewhat heavy (pudgy would be the polite term) girl with dark hair. Her skin was a dark mocha color and she had beautiful brown eyes. (I am a very fond of brown eyes.)

I asked her if she needed a "pit stop" before we left. She didn't. I got my suitcase and took her down to my car. Our bags fit in the rear seat with plenty of room to spare. We were about two hours into the drive when the storm that was to go to the North of us decided it wanted to pass directly over our path. It was much akin to finding six inches of "partly cloudy" in your driveway.

I slowed down as much as I dared. I didn't want my car to become a hood ornament on a Semi. We were on a section of road that had a relatively steep embankment down to the forest on the right side of the road.

If you have ever driven a highway in bad conditions you are probably familiar with the fact that when a semi passes you visibility drops to zero for a few seconds. The road crews had been out and salted the road because the storm had started out as freezing rain. That meant that the road surface was coated with about half an inch of "slush".

When the truck went by us, my windshield was covered by slush and the snow from the back draft of the truck made visibility out of the side windows impossible. It is frightening to be driving along and suddenly realize that you are doing about fifty miles per hour and can't see anything!

If we had not been at the beginning of a curve we probably would have avoided what happened next. However, a curve was there and I couldn't see it coming. My car went straight ahead and the road moved away from us toward the left. We hit the embankment and slid about a hundred-fifty yards before coming up against a tree. We were wearing seat belts and shoulder harnesses. The brush and leaf debris had slowed the car significantly, but we were still going about twenty miles per hour when the car hit the tree. If the tree hadn't had a low branch at the height of the car's radiator things would have been better. As it was, I couldn't let the motor run without damaging the engine. I couldn't afford to replace the engine.

We took stock of our situation. Neither of us had been hurt, other than bruises where the belts had restrained us. We couldn't see where the road was. I tried my cell phone, but didn't have any signal. I had an old CB radio in the car. I tuned to channel nine (the emergency channel) and tried to contact anyone. We were down below road level by probably fifty feet or more and our little radio signal was useless.

I turned on the car's radio and found a station that broadcast the local road conditions. One of the first things we heard was that the route we had been on was now closed to all traffic. It was too dangerous even for the snow plows.

"I'm sorry about this June. I tried to keep us safe and I didn't succeed. I am torn between trying to find the road and lighting a flare or waiting until the snow lets up a bit. What is your opinion?"

"I think we should stay put. We spun at least once on the way down here. Other than up hill I have no idea which way the road is. If the ground slopes down from the road and slopes up or down in the direction parallel to the road either of us could get lost. At the rate that the snow is falling a person's footprints would be filled in quickly. I don't think it would be worth it."

"I think you are right. You seem to be able to keep your cool in a bad situation. I like that!"

"Thanks, most guys are intimidated when a girl has better sense than they do. In this case I suspect that we both had reached that point of view at about the same time. I grew up on a farm. You always had to be ready to fix a sudden problem. Some things can't wait for more convenient times. You do what you need to do but you do it as safely as you can. Farming machinery isn't forgiving. What do you think we need to do now?"

"Well, since I drive this route several times a year I carry a blanket, some water, some canned food and candy bars. With the two of us the blanket may not be adequate. It's already getting cold in here. Do you have any ideas?"

There was a long pause. "Yeah, I think I do. If we put some of the clothes from our bags onto the back seat and sit next to each other with the blanket over us we will conserve heat and the one blanket might be enough. What do you think?"

"I was thinking the same thing but didn't want you to think I was trying to take advantage of you."

June's face took on a sad look. "I have never had anyone try to take advantage of me. I'm sure you've noticed that I am overweight. Guys have never been interested in me unless they needed help with math or physics."

I reached over and gently squeezed her shoulder and smiled at her. "That just shows you that a lot of people are dumb. Beauty isn't what people see from the outside. That's just pretty. Beauty comes from who the person is inside. From what I have learned, talking with you, I suspect that you are beautiful."

We moved into the back seat and spread clothing on the seat and seat back. We sat so that we were right up against each other. I found that the best way to make sure we had contact was to put my arm around her shoulders. We put the water bottle next to me and pulled the blanket over us, tucking it in on the outside lateral edges.

All we could do to occupy the time was to talk, and talk we did! We both learned each other's dreams, likes, dislikes, interests, and so forth.

At one point, I leaned my head back and tried to take a short nap. June did the same thing, but her head was resting against my chest and shoulder.

I don't know how long I was asleep. I was in that place that is between sleep and wakefulness. You know the feeling. You aren't sure if what seems to be going on is a dream, real, or a combination of both. I could feel the equivalent of "morning wood" but with the added delight of someone very gently rubbing it.

I must have moaned because the feeling suddenly stopped. I got my eyes open and it looked like June was still asleep, at least her eyes were closed and her arms were folded across her chest. She looked very cute. I had never before woken up next to a woman.

To my self I must have muttered "Wow!". At the sound of my voice June's eyes opened.

"Oh, hi June, you're awake now. I hope I didn't wake you up."

"No, but I did hear what sounded like a 'Wow!'. Was something special going on?"

I must have turned a deep shade of red. "Uh ....Uh...No, I was waking up and must have been having a good dream. Are you staying warm enough?"

"Almost; my hands are cold."

"Let me see your hands."

She brought one of her hands out and it was bluish near the tips of her fingers.

"That's not a good sign. Do you have trouble keeping warm normally?"

"Yeah, I frostbit my hands a few years ago and they have been very sensitive to the cold ever since."

"Have you tried to stick them inside your clothes to get more heat from your body?"

"No, I'm afraid that would lead to me becoming cold all over. Do you have a suggestion?"

I must have again turned a deep shade of red. "Uh, yeah I can think of some ways to warm them up but you will get mad at me if I tell you."

"I won't get mad if what you say makes sense."

"I don't know if you are aware of it but guys tend to handle cold better than gals. You could use me to warm your hands. Please don't be angry with me for suggesting that."

"Now I need to confess something. I think you already know what I'm going to say. My hands were very cold and I had never before felt a guy's equipment so I had been warming my hands on your cock and balls through your pants."

I must have grinned. "So, I wasn't dreaming? If you don't mind risking it feel free to use me to warm your hands or anything else that needs warming. In fact, if you truly aren't familiar with a guy's package, you can put your hands inside my pants and warm them as long as you are gentle with me. As you know, a guy's balls are very sensitive."

It was June's turn to blush. "I think I'd like that. If you get a bit cold maybe you could warm your hands on me too."

"That's the nicest suggestion I have heard in a long time. I haven't had much 'hands on' time with girls. You tell me what you would like and we can see if we can raise the temperature in here."

"Well, I suspect you would enjoy warming them on my boobs."

"Oh yeah!, you have what look to be a beautiful pair."

Well, we warmed our hands on each other's bodies. I didn't need the warming but I sure loved delivering heat to her breasts and pussy. We didn't get out of our clothes, that would have been dangerous given our situation; however, we were into some very heavy petting.

After our hands on work we were able to work out a way to each be able to relieve ourselves. Since my car is not equiped with a toilet; we opened one door, held the blanket like a cylinder with the other inside it while they squatted to relieve themselves. They we would get back into the car to warm up again.

The time passed relatively quickly with the excellent company.

Three days later we heard the sounds of vehicles from where we thought the road should be. I turned on the CB radio and was overjoyed when we got a trucker on the line. He called the State Police and told them of the accident. We were rescued within the hour. We would go back for the car. My dad drove to the State Police barracks and picked us up.

When we got to my home we were both exhausted. Our home doesn't have a guest room. I explained to my folks that we had been sleeping together in the car for several days so both of us would be using my bedroom. We had become so accustomed to each other that we found that we were truly in love. Both of us needed to get clean. We decided to take our showers together, that way we could help each other wash. Boy was that fun! When we went to my room it was warm and we had plenty of blankets. This time we got in bed completely nude. We were so tired that we simply fell asleep in each other's arms.

When I awoke I found June looking at me. She was smiling. "I love you Mark. What do you think we should do about it."

"I don't have a ring, but I would love to ask you to marry me. I've learned more about you than any other person I know. I think we should consider marrying when I get out of school and get a job so that I can support us."

June had tears in her eyes and a grin on her face. "I love hearing those words from you. I was thinking the same thing."

We hugged and kissed and both moved back into sleep with our arms around each other.

When we finally got up we dressed in my clothing. She had on a sweatshirt and sweatpants I had on my older clothes. When the car got back to us she would have her own clothes again.

I re-introduced June to my parents and told them that June was probably going to be their daughter-in-law in another year or so. My parents seemed to be happy for both of us.

My parents set up a Christmas dinner for us since we had missed the real day. My folks invited her parents to join us. We liked each other's parents.

When June's parents asked about how we kept from freezing we simply indicated that we had figured out how to reduce our heat loss to the point where our own bodies provided the heat. Her father looked like he had an idea of what we were talking about; but nobody asked any questions. At the end of our meal I told her parents that we had decided on getting married when I received my master's degree and had a good job. They seemed to be very happy with this news.

My car did get towed home and a new radiator and minimal body work was done so that the hood would close properly again. June and I drove back to school together. From then on until we both were out of school June ate her meals with me and spent her weekends with me at my apartment.

We married shortly after I got my master's degree and a full time job. The thing that brought all of this to mind is that our children are away at school and will be heading back here for Christmas dinner. We are wondering if they will end up having to share heat like we did.

Our marriage gets better every year. We both work for the same company, in the same department. We both share the housework and of course we share our body heat every night.

We hope to enjoy many more Christmas meals together as husband and wife.