Help Me...I Love You... Ch. 01

Story Info
They met so long ago. Can they still love?
3.4k words
4.44
7.8k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

((Author's note: This is a story of a romance that takes a while to bloom. Although there is sexual relations in nearly every chapter, that isn't the main goal of this story. I hope you enjoy the ride.))

Will Raskin and I had known each other for years. We met at work. If you can call the Agency work. I've heard it called everything from "hell" to "the most exciting job I've ever had." The Young People's Investigation Agency, called "the Agency" by most who worked there, is a new branch of the FBI. In the last few years, scientists began to research the neurological development that happens during and after puberty. They found that talents, such as investigation skills, hand-eye coordination, analytic understanding and the like, manifested between 16 and 18 years of age. They decided to use these especially talented children to their advantage before their brilliance faded.

I was brought in a year after Will had been there. He was 17 at the time. I was 16. He had a photographic memory and I had the ability to read people like a book. Still do. The two of us got along right away and we were partnered together. We were sent on countless missions together, going everywhere from Paris to Istanbul. Each time I went undercover, though, I felt like I was losing myself a little more.

When I was 23, I decided to leave the Agency. They made me sign an Official Secrets Act, then let me go. Ever since then, I've been making up for lost time, getting a boyfriend, finishing my college degree that I had started, and even getting a job as a psychology teacher at the local high school. Things were going wonderfully until I came back to the apartment Jacob and I shared and I found him in bed with Jade, my best friend. I forced them out, told Jacob never to come back, and locked the door behind them.

That was nearly a week ago now. I replay the scenario again in my mind as I consult my directions from the piece of paper on the passenger seat of my Camry. I remember the way they had looked when I walked into the bedroom. The way that his hand was in her hair, the way he used to do with me. The way she was pressed against him, naked.

I take a left turn onto Golden Palace Drive and see my destination, an apartment complex made out of red brick with a green roof, on my right. I pull into the parking lot, slam my door shut, and buzz apartment number 23. After a pause the doors unlock and I walk into a black and white tiled main area. I go up the stairs and take a right at the top, following the signs to room 23.

I make an attempt to fix my hair as I stand outside his door. Tucking my brilliantly red hair behind my ears, I wonder if he'll recognize me. It was almost two years since I last saw him. I had lost a little muscle since then, but was still pretty fit. My breasts and ass are okay, I guess, but nothing special. My skin was really pale and no matter how hard I worked, I couldn't tan, only burn. Will used to tease me about that. His brown hair would always get blonder in the summer, his skin tanning easily.

I raise my hand and take a deep breath, then knock. It was late. I knew that. But I also knew he liked to stay up late. "Will?" I ask. "It's me..." I look up and down the hall, still not used to his apartment building yet. The florescent lamps overhead flicker with a harsh white light, banishing shadows to the corners.

He opens the door and stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. "Hey Tanya," he says by way of greeting. His brown hair was a little disheveled, more so than usual. Dressed in a loose-fitting grey shirt and plaid pajama bottoms, I wondered if I had woken him. "What are you doing here? It's past midnight." He looked much older than his 25 years. He didn't seem surprised to see me at his door, although it had been a long time.

I look at the floor between my teal high heels peeping out from underneath my grey wool pants. "I couldn't sleep. Been having a hard week."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's a long story."

"I have time." I nod and he ushers me into the apartment. He takes my coat and throws it over the arm of a brown armchair in the living room. The apartment is small but neat. Shades of brown and tan furniture. A decent sized television with an Xbox. Generic painting on the wall. The apartment could belong to any man between the ages of 20 and 28.

The kitchen, too, had the same non-personal look. It was connected to the living room by an archway, and the small table was situated against a half-wall that separated the two. I could see two doorways off of the living room that led to what I assumed were his bedroom and bathroom.

Will motions for me to sit in one of the white, curved-back kitchen chairs and I do. He looks through his cabinets, mostly bare. He pulls out a small box and hands it to me. "Here. Some tea. Pick out which you want. I think there are a few different kinds in there. I'll heat some water."

He places a mug of water in the microwave and I look up at him. "I thought you didn't like tea."

"I don't."

"Then why do you have it?"

He smiles. "Because other people do." His grey eyes meet mine and I quickly look back down at the box of tea, unable to hold his gaze.

I pick out a chamomile, one that should relax me, and drop it in the mug of hot water when he places it on the table. Wrapping my hands around the warm mug, I stare into my tea.

"So," he says, sliding into the chair across from me, "what is it that has your sleep schedule so off?"

I shake my head. "Will, it's complicated..."

"Isn't everything?"

"No, like, really complicated." I take a sip of the tea and swallow quickly so it won't scald my tongue. I sigh and begin my story. "My boyfriend and I were living together..."

I tell the story of the past week over the tea, often glancing down into the blackish-brown liquid as I search for the words to describe what happened. By the time I finish, it's almost 2 AM. I sigh and run my fingers along the porcelain handle of the cup, then lift it to my lips, finishing the last few drops of the now-cold tea. "So now I feel guilty and foolish and betrayed. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Or much."

Will nods. Throughout my story he never said much, only nodded or asked the occasional question for clarification. "I can see how that would wreak havoc on someone's mind," he says finally. "It seems you've learned from it though." He looks at the clock. "It's really late."

I look up, surprised by the time. "Should I go? If you want to sleep..."

"How about this: you can sleep here tonight." At the semi-shocked look, he smiles. "The couch is pretty comfortable. We can get some blankets and things. Driving home this late at night could be bad. Especially if you're sleepy."

I look at the clock again, watching the time tick from 2:04 to 2:05, then nod. "I'd like that...thank you..."

I stand up to put the cup in the sink and he takes it from me. "Let me do that. You can go get comfortable on the couch. There are some blankets in the cabinet next to the television."

Walking back into the living room, I take out three blankets from the cabinet and hear the faucet turn on as Will washes the cup. I turn and see him standing at the sink, his back to me. He reaches up and pushes a bit of hair out of his face with the back of his wrist, trying not to get the soap from his hands in his hair. I turn back to the couch and lay a blanket down, tucking it in. I sit on that and pull the other two around me.

Will walks out of the kitchen and sees me sitting, wrapped in two blankets. "Is it too cold? I can turn up the heat, if you'd like."

"No. I'm fine."

He pauses for a moment, then walks over and sits next to me. I offer him part of the blankets and he accepts, sliding underneath. I feel his shoulder pressed against mine, warm and somehow safe feeling. The two of us sit like that for a long time, each relishing the presence of the other.

"I'm leaving in a week," he says out of the blue.

"Leaving?"

He nods and shifts under the blankets. "Mr. Walsh is sending me on another assignment," he says, referring to our old boss, Gregory Walsh.

"How long?"

"Two weeks. Maybe three."

"Be careful," I say softly.

"I always am," he says equally softly. "You know that." His eyes look on me with gentle fondness, looking into mine as if trying to say something.

"I just worry. I don't want to lose a best friend out there."

"I always come home," he says in a monotone voice. Gone is the emotion from his face and his eyes seem to darken.

"Will? Did I say something?"

"No. I'm just a fool." He stands and begins to head to his room.

"Will, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

I stand up, the blankets sliding from my shoulders. "Will Raskin that is a lie." He stops in his tracks, his hand on the handle to his room. "I can sense when people are lying," I continue. "Did you forget that was my talent? That the Agency picked me in the first place because I can read people?" I walk to him and place a hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong?" I ask again. "Did I say something?"

"No."

"But Will..." To my surprise, I feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "You do this so often. You just close up and won't tell anyone why. I just want to help you. I just..." I trail off as the first tears fall. My hand slips from his shoulder and slides down his back to my side.

He turns around, bending his head and suddenly his lips are against mine. They're warm and a little rough, but not pushing or demanding. Just...comforting, somehow. I kiss him back as he slides his arm around behind me, placing his hand on the small of my back and drawing my body to his. I wrap my arms around him as well, resting them on the backs of his shoulder blades as his other hand runs through my hair.

Eventually he pulls back and I open my eyes. We are still close enough for me to feel his warm breath on my lips. "I've waited to do that for so long now," he whispers. His hand cups my cheek, the pad of his thumb wiping away the tears. "From the first moment I saw you, I thought: 'This girl is a handful. I like that. I'd like to kiss her someday...'"

"Why didn't you?" I whisper back, unwilling to break the close embrace.

"Because. We had to work together. Inter-agent relationships aren't allowed. What if one of us was in danger? It would cloud the other's judgment." He says these words as if he's heard them repeated them over and over. He probably had. "But now that you're not in the Agency, I thought..." His embrace loosens as he steps back. "But maybe I was wrong. Maybe you don't—"

Before he can finish his sentence, I kiss him again, smothering his words with my lips. He pulls me back against him again, and this time I'm the one to break the kiss.

"I've been waiting too..." I whisper, looking up into those beautiful grey eyes of his. I slide my hands down his back, then walk away, sitting on the couch. Looking at him over my shoulder, I watch him as he looks at me, walks over, then sits beside me. His right hand wraps around me, resting on my right hip. I look up at him one more time, then I'm swept away as he begins to kiss me again.

I run my hands up his back as he pulls me even closer, almost into his lap, as we kiss. I open my mouth and feel his tongue push past my lips. He cradles the back of my head with his hand as he kisses me deeper and deeper. I lie back and he lies on top of me, not once breaking the kiss. The heat and passion from him warm me, his hands around me like I had always secretly wished. Our tongues intertwine, then break apart as he pulls back, then begins to kiss my neck, his hand still in my hair. I moan softly, lifting my chin. I close my eyes and let him trail kisses along my neck and up my jawline to my ear.

"Do you trust me?" he whispers, his lips so close to my ear I can feel them move.

I nod. "With my life..." I whisper back, tracing the curve of his ear with my finger.

He looks down into my eyes before sitting back up, pulling me with him. He pulls me into his lap and begins to rub my back with both hands. I lean forward and kiss him again, then feel his hands slide underneath my teal button up shirt and rest against my bare skin. I moan softly into his mouth, loving the feel of his hands, those strong, hard-working, loyal hands, caressing the skin of my back. I kiss him all the harder and deeper as he pushes my shirt higher and higher until it rests just below my bra line. His hands play along my skin, making me moan.

I slide my hands under his shirt as he begins to lay me back onto the couch, placing my hands on the strong muscles of his stomach. I lay back against the blankets as he sets me down, then takes his shirt by the bottom hem and pulls it over his head. In the light from the lamp beside the couch, I can see all the scars on his body from when he was on past missions. Bullet wounds, one in one shoulder, one on his side. A stab wound in his belly. A long scar up his arm from where, on my account, a knife was slid. I place my fingertips on that scar and run them along it, then place them against the bullet wound on his shoulder, a star-shaped patch of scar tissue just under his collarbone.

"You're lucky. This could've killed you."

He nods. "I know. I thought I was dead for a while..." He places his fingers against one of my scars as well, a jagged line just above my belly button. "I remember this one," he says softly. "This was our first mission, wasn't it?"

"When we were in the laboratory. Yeah."

Will looks into my eyes, then slowly lowers his lips to the scar, kissing it gently. When I don't stop him, he kisses it again and again, sliding his hands under me. He lifts my back slightly, arching it. He showers my stomach with kisses, his lips touching every inch of my skin between the shirt, still pushed up below my breasts, to my navel. I close my eyes and tilt my head back, relishing the feeling of his lips against my skin, closer than any man had been. I moan softly as he slides his hands up my sides, pushing my shirt even higher.

Sitting up a little, I allow him to pull my shirt over my head, exposing my white lace bra. I sit up even further, letting him look.

"God..." he whispers. "You're so gorgeous..."

"You're the gorgeous one," I say, then gasp as I feel him caress my right breast through my bra.

He stops and pulls back. "Is that alright?" he asks worriedly.

"Yes...oh God yes...I've just...never been touched like that before..."

"Never?" he asks. When I shake my head, he caresses it again. I moan and he smiles. "I'll give you the pleasure you deserve." He begins to run his fingertips along the line of the bra, tracing a pattern along the skin. He kisses my lips and neck again, running his fingertips lightly along as much of my breasts as he can. My heart flutters in my chest as his tender hands touch me. He kisses from my neck down to my right shoulder. Sliding my bra strap down, he kisses my shoulder, dragging his lips along the skin. He kisses along my collarbone to the other side, where he does the same thing. I moan a little louder and place my hands in his hair, wanting a taste of those lips again. He complies and kisses me again.

Suddenly, I feel my bra loosen and his hands pull it away, tossing it aside. My bare breasts now press against his chest and I can feel him breathing, his chest pressing against mine as he inhales. Will pauses for a moment, then cups my breast in his hand. I groan, feeling pleasure stirring in the pit of my stomach, as he begins to play with it. As he touches the nipple, I gasp and arch forward toward him. "Tender there..." he murmurs, then pushes me gently down to the couch.

He moves down my body, kissing a line from my lips down my neck, past my collarbone and between my breasts. "Your skin is so sweet," he whispers before kissing up my left breast to the tender nipple. He places a single kiss on top of it and I feel it get hard under his lips. He gently takes it into his mouth and begins to suck, sending waves of pleasure crashing over me as he massages the other breast with his hand. I place my hands in his hair, running them through it as my legs twine with his in pleasure. "Ohhhh..." I moan. "Please don't stop..."

He keeps going, pleasing me with his tongue and hand, then switches once the first nipple is rock hard. He twists it gently between his thumb and forefinger, bringing a cry of pleasure from me. He does it again, eliciting the same result. Using his tongue, he brings the other nipple to the same rock-hard point as the other.

"Where did...you learn...all this?" I ask, panting.

"I'm not a virgin..." he moans. "I've been with a woman before..."

I lay back against the couch cushions, feeling suddenly exhausted by all the adrenaline coursing through my veins. "Maybe...we should stop...for the night..." I pant, looking into his eyes.

Will nods. "However much I want to continue, it's your choice," he says, then sits back, caressing my breast one last time. "Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight?" he asks, after pausing a bit. "You don't have to, but you can if you want."

"I'd like that."

He gets up and helps me sit up, then stand. I can't help but notice the erection he tries to hide from me as we walk together, hand in hand, back to his room. I stare a little bit as I sit on the unmade bed. "Here," he says, handing me one of his shirts. "This'll be more comfortable for you to sleep in."

I quickly look away from his cock and pull the blue tee over my head. I lay down, snuggling under the covers. He turns off the lamp and lies beside me, drawing me in. I lay on my side, knees bent, with him spooning me from behind. I can still feel the hardness of his cock as he wraps one arm around my side, resting with his palm on my stomach. I feel safe and warm in his arms and eventually fall asleep, his thumb rubbing my stomach gently, right over my scar.