Helping Mickey Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wakingDown
wakingDown
653 Followers

They ate quietly, Mickey focusing on his meal and not making a mess of it, Susan focusing on Mickey, still constantly evaluating his movements and bearing. He was doing better, it was undeniable. When he was finished, he took his plate to the sink and set it inside gently. It was good to see that he was now consistently putting the dishes into the sink instead of on the stove as he had for a while. He had tried to wash the dishes a couple of times, and after replacing a few plates and glasses Susan had decided that washing could wait a while yet. She watched him stretch on his own, getting ready for his daily exercises. He moved with a smoother surety than he had in a while. She had a hard time focusing on his movements themselves as she was constantly drawn to his physical form. He was no longer the wall of lean muscle he used to be, but he was far from out of shape. While not as heavily muscled as he used to be, and not as defined, he was still in great shape. She watched his back ripple lightly as he ran his arms over his head, his arms themselves as they turned and bent, his stomach as he twisted and turned.

With a shake of her head she snapped back to reality and put away her own dishes. She had a little catching up to do with the stretches, and did so quickly. She observed him go through his routine as she went through hers. At the end, as they stood, he paused, staring at the floor. She was about to ask what was wrong when he pitched forward. She gasped and reached out to catch him, but too late. Instead of landing on his face as she expected him to, he caught himself at the last second with his palms on the floor. He hovered like that a moment, on his toes and palms, before resetting his hands on his fists, and began doing push-ups. He moved fast and fluidly, counting under his breath in fours: one two three one, one two three two, one two three three, and so on. She watched in mild confusion as he went to fifty like that as if it was nothing. After counting 'one two three fifty' he did another push up and said 'And one for Chesty' before standing again. She thought she saw a slight smile on his face.

"Feel better?" She asked when he turned to her.

"Yes." He answered simply before going towards the bathroom.

"You know that scared me when you dropped." She said, her stern tone blunted by the smile on her face.

"Sorry. Didn't try to." He said, turning back to her. He was looking at her face, but she didn't think he understood that she was not mad.

"Mickey, it's ok. See me smiling? It's alright." She said softly as she walked over to him.

"Ok. Push-up just felt right." He said, frowning a little. She was ecstatic to hear this normal sounding conversation from him, but was careful to keep calm, to avoid ending the moment.

"Well, they looked pretty good too. Using your fists, that's a thing you picked up in the Marines?"

"Yes. Sergeant said we always had to do them fisted. Fisted. Fists."

"What about 'one for Chesty'? What was that all about?"

"Chesty Puller. Hero of the Marine Corps. Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are."

She didn't know if this was jumbled ideas again or just some military saying from the Corps, so she let it pass.

"Do you want to add stuff like push-ups to what we usually do? Because I can tell you right now I won't be able to keep up with push-ups like that." She chuckled.

"You don't have to. I can push-ups alone. I can do. Do." He was starting to jumble again, but she tried to act as though it was nothing, hoping to get him back to clearer speech.

"Ok, as long as you don't expect me to put my fists on the floor like that. Are there any other exercises you want to start doing regularly?"

"Climbing a mountain." He said and frowned deeply, thinking hard.

"That may have to wait, and I don't think I could do that with you. It's probably a bit much for me. I'm not as fit as you are, you know."

"No. Climbing mountains. Mountains climb. Mountain climbers. Mountain climbers." He managed. After he had said it his face cleared a bit and he dropped to the floor again, this time on his hands and toes, but with his hips bent and his ass in the air. He began hopping and switching his legs back forth, one curled up to his chest, one extended, and switching them with each hop. After a moment he stood again.

"Those are called mountain climbers?" She asked.

"Yes. Good heart and lungs. Blood pumping. Cardio." He answered, his face still frowning a little.

"Okay, we can do that. That does look like it can get your blood pumping, I'll give you that. Let's leave that for tomorrow, and get cleaned up for now. What do you say?" She asked, running her hand across his chest, showing him the thin layer of sweat.

"Ok. Clean now, climb then." He replied before turning back towards the bathroom. She followed him, running the conversation back through her mind again, picking it apart over and over, noting everything that was an improvement. It seemed to be a fair bit. She smiled as he stripped, dropping his clothes into the hamper. She watched him closely as he stepped into the tub and started the water running.

She smiled a little wider as she thought 'Save some water, right?' and began stripping herself. She stepped into the spray with him just as the water was starting to warm up. She helped him lather up, running the soapy washcloth over his shoulders and back, and rubbing his shoulders and chest as the spray rinsed. When she began running the cloth over herself, Mickey took the cloth from her gently and began to wash her. She closed her eyes and focused on the feeling of his hands running along her body. He worked slowly and softly, one hand running the cloth and the other following along behind it, rubbing her across the fresh layer of suds. He started at her shoulders and worked his way down. She turned for him as he went, letting him clean her front and back. His hands lingered on her breasts and shoulder blades, making several passes before moving on. When he reached the small of her back, he stepped close to her, and reached around to wash her stomach, holding her close as he did. Her breathing was a bit rougher as he did, and she gasped as his hands ran across the top of her slit. She was almost panting as moved to her thighs, and she could feel his cock pressing against her ass as he went. She noticed his breathing had picked up a bit as well. She felt his lips on her neck as his hands rested on her hips. She bent her head to the side for him and he nuzzled more. His hands turned her to face him and she ran her hands down his chest when she was turned. His hands held her ass, pulling her close as he kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and a leg around his, rubbing his calf with her foot.

He broke the kiss and simply stared into her eyes for a while, the warm water running over them the steam billowing. She was about to lean back in when they heard the phone ring in the living room. They both smiled a bit as Susan groaned. She gave him a quick peck on the lips before stepping out and wrapping in a towel to go answer it.

'Oh, this better be someone important or I'm gonna be pissed.' She thought to herself as she dripped her way to the phone. She picked it up and heard Mickey's doctor.

---

Mickey came into the living room as she was hanging up, dry and dressed.

"It was Dr. Bannister, He said that the last of the tests were in, and you seem to be doing pretty well. He's scheduling a few more MRIs and stuff for a few weeks from now, but said to keep you playing guitar and trying the things you used to do to help keep you stimulated. Now, I believe I'll go get dry properly and dressed as well." She said with a smile as she started off to her bedroom.

She had dried and was pulling out some underwear when she thought she heard something behind her. She turned and there was Mickey, standing a couple feet away. She made a mental note to listen a little harder for his footsteps, as he was walking much better, without the stiff legged clumping that she was used to.

She saw he was frowning deeply, and walked over to him, clothes forgotten for the moment.

"What is it Mick? Are you okay?" She asked, rubbing his arm.

"It's, it's white hallway." He said, and the distant, distracted tone of his voice gave her a small shiver.

"What's white hallway Mickey? What's bothering you?"

"White hallway. Shower, phone, dry. Dry phone. Phone." He sputtered, his eyes darting back and forth, as if watching a high speed tennis match. She was deeply concerned at that, as it was something new.

"What about the phone? Dry? I don't understand Mick." She said, watching him closely.

He turned and walked back out to the living room. She followed him and watched as he picked up the phone, listened a moment, and hung it back up. He stared at it a moment, then repeated the routine. When he picked it up the third time, he stopped with the phone against his ear.

"Hello? Are you there?" He asked before hanging up again. He immediately picked the phone back up and listened before asking again if anyone was there.

"Mickey? Who is it you're trying to talk to?" Susan asked, trying to stay calm.

"White hallway. Right here. Phone. White hallway on the line. A call coming in from the black. A path in the dim." He said quickly before picking up the phone again. "Hello? Are you there?" He asked before hanging up again.

"Mickey, you're starting to scare me. Who, or what, are you trying to talk to?" She asked, her voice trembling a bit. He stopped and turned to her, his face filled with frustration and effort.

"It's right here. White hallway. All around. In the phone. Dry." He was making tight grasping motions with his hands, clutching at something that wasn't there.

"White hallway, Susan. All around. Close. Dry phone is a part. What part? A part of hallway. Almost there, almost gone. Call your family. He's close to gone. We don't know how long he might last like this." Mickey said, looking back and forth again.

Realization struck Susan like a truck. She jerked a bit as she recognized the words he was saying.

"Mickey, that's what the doctor said when they had stabilized you. I was sitting next to your bed when the neurosurgeon came in. He told me to the family. You were on a coma at the time. Do you remember him saying those words?" She said in a breathless rush.

Mickey walked over to her and took her shoulders, his grip firm but gentle. His eyes were wide and nearly frantic.

"It's all there. All there. All around. A white hallway with voices. A light in the bright, a path in the dim. Make sure if he wakes up he sees you with your eyes dry. If he wakes up, he needs hope and comfort, not fear and pity, alright?"

"Mickey, that was Dr. Bannister the first time I talked to him, in the doorway to your room. You remember all this?"

"Remember? Remember everything. It's all there. White hallway. It's all there, all around." He said, his voice shaky and his eyes bright. He swept her into his arms and held her. She held him tightly, her tears soaking into his t-shirt.

"It's all there, Susan. It's all there. Coming home." He whispered, rubbing her back.

"Come home, Mickey, I'm waiting for you here." She answered, finally allowing herself to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally allowing herself to feel a real hope.

wakingDown
wakingDown
653 Followers
12